PDA

View Full Version : Thomas Paine, Patrick Henry, I Want To Hear From You!

pennycat
06-24-2007, 10:05 PM
I think that there is a need for us to not only use youtube but also the written word. I'm going to ask that all of us inspirational writers put our 'quils' to work. In the early days of the American Revolution, pamphleter's were instrumental in driving colonialists' to greater deeds of heroism. Sounds like a winning solution to me. I'd like to ask that all posts in this section be of a positive, call to action nature. This is different than a rant which also has a place. Not here though. We need to charge our patriots up, not give them fodder for feeding doom and gloom visions of the future. And if you don't agree, PLEASE NO DEBATES IN THIS THREAD! I want to have one thread for those days when I've wanted to say, 'I dunno if this thing is going to work.' I find that at least for me, it really helps to reach down and pull out well written words.

Okay here goes... A reply to one of my meetup group members who had just given me a boost.

Thank you, Bryan! I've received lots of 'way to go' messages but have only thanked them privately. Yours for some reason got me to thinking. Please read on.

We are going to see something REALLY big in this election that we've never seen before. Namely, a grassroots effort that will DWARF anything else. I know I'm putting myself out on a limb here. But I've talked to a ton of typical Republicans in the 40-60 age group. Are they all now going to march to the polls and vote for Ron Paul? No, of course not. But they are at least thinking about 'who is Ron Paul.' And you know what happens when people start thinking... and exploring... and finally they see the light. And let's not forget the true believers that instantly responded to Ron Paul's message.

But for this grassroots campaign to work, WE MUST WORK! I'm so proud of each person that takes a button, a few brochures, and says I AM RON PAUL. The power IS in our hands if we would just use it. Yeah, corporate America through it's stooge media conglomerates tell us 'no one cares, they just want to back a winner.' Don't you believe it.

We are a mighty army that will bring Ron Paul's clear understanding of the US Constitution to a slumbering nation. We will gently nudge them awake day by day. Some will respond immediately. Some will hit the snooze button. But eventually they will wake up. Is this a tireless task? Yes! But it is a plan that will succeed. I think the biggest danger is not that our candidate is ignored by the media, or shut out of debates. We've already proven that people of ALL stripes will respond positively. The real danger is that WE TOO MAY CHOOSE TO JUST SLEEP IN. I challenge each of us to dedicate each day to give a pamphlet to two receptive people. They may be a waitress that is busy but will stuff it away. It may be the college professor that just takes it out of courtesy. But one by one they will start to read of Dr. Ron Paul and his prescription for what ails America.

But if anyone thinks, 'not me, let someone else do it.' I say, 'Friend, you are missing the opportunity of a lifetime.' I too had become so disillusioned with politics that I didn't even care. Let the country go to hell. They deserve it. But Ron Paul, without a pretty face, without corporate backing, and with quaint notions of the Constitution, was ready to give it a go at 72. Well Ron... I've got your back. If he's willing, I'm willing!

There's no magic bullet. There is no one from campaign headquarters that has 'the answer.' WE THE PEOPLE' are this campaign. NO MORE PETTY BACKBITING. Look to your left and look to your right. The enemy which we hate is not there. The enemy is those that deprive us of our CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS. Spread the truth of freedom. It brought this great country into being, and it will bring it back from the brink of ruin!

Nick Egoroff
Orlando Ron Paul 2008 Coordinator