PDA

View Full Version : Alan Grayson's Don't Attack Syria Petition 16,694 signatures so far

Dianne
09-02-2013, 08:41 AM
http://dontattacksyria.com/

We have already delayed an attack, and forced the President to ask Congress for authorization to attack Syria. The next step in preventing war is to get Congress to deny permission for war. Add your name to this petition, and I will deliver it to your Member of Congress. Your voice matters.

Petition: "The Administration is considering intervening in the Syrian civil war. We oppose this. There's no vital national security involved. We are not the world’s policeman, nor its judge and jury. Our own needs in America are great, and they come first. The death of civilians is always regrettable, and civil war is regrettable, but no Americans have been attacked, and no American allies have been attacked. The British Parliament understandably has voted not to join in any attack. Notably, defense contractor Raytheon's stock is up 20% in the last 60 days. It seems that nobody wants US intervention in Syria except the military-industrial complex. I oppose US military intervention in Syria. Join me."

willwash
09-02-2013, 08:58 AM
This should get stickied, at least for a few days.

I added this comment:

I will work as hard as I can to make sure you lose your next election if you vote to authorize an attack on Syria. I will donate to your opponent, canvass against you, mobilize hecklers at your public events, and use every lawful means at my disposal to end your political career. In a district as competitive as yours, you do not need this. Just some food for thought.

Dianne
09-02-2013, 09:18 AM
This should get stickied, at least for a few days.

I added this comment:

I will work as hard as I can to make sure you lose your next election if you vote to authorize an attack on Syria. I will donate to your opponent, canvass against you, mobilize hecklers at your public events, and use every lawful means at my disposal to end your political career. In a district as competitive as yours, you do not need this. Just some food for thought.

Great comment !!! I said words to the effect: With the United States going to hell in a hand basket, let's fix the problems in our own country before we stick our nose in another country's business.

loveshiscountry
09-03-2013, 02:26 AM
Great cause. I signed. Up to 21433.

libertariantexas
09-03-2013, 04:25 AM
Savage decrying the "warmongers."

LOL.

That's pretty amusing, since Savage was among the biggest CHICKEN HAWKS when Bush was in power...

libertariantexas
09-03-2013, 04:27 AM
BTW, the "Guns of August" refers to 1914, not 1917.

Savage is not only a hypocrite, he's also an uneducated idiot.

anaconda
09-04-2013, 12:48 AM
Just aint sure what 21,000 signatures means in an electorate of 130 million.