PDA

View Full Version : Craig Shirley on POTUS '08 showing Ron Paul some love

RTsquared
11-28-2007, 08:13 AM
Craig Shirley of Shirley & Banister Public Affairs (http://www.sbpublicaffairs.com/) was on for his weekly segment with the Morning Briefing on POTUS '08 (the XM all-Presidential channel) this morning. I was driving, so I doubt I can quote word for word, but here is the gist of what he said.

1) The story of the campaign thus far is Ron Paul. He has overcome a number of disadvantages (not the least of which is campaigning from the House) in order to become a factor in the Republican race.

2) Ron Paul is the true defender of the Taft Republican tradition.

3) Craig Shirley is willing to bet money that Ron Paul will overperform in the early primary states (IA, NH, SC). He stated that there is a portion of potential voters who are attracted to his message that still believe the perception of him being a "kook" is out there, and do not wish to admit their support for him to a pollster.

4) He also talked about Ron Paul being consistent with his principles at all times - to the point of refusing "government handouts" (Medicare and Medicaid) as a physician, choosing instead to treat those patients for either reduced rates or for free.

People are noticing. It's catching on, I'm tellin' ya!