PDA

View Full Version : Iraq Vet email to LLepard

llepard
11-28-2007, 07:43 AM
Last night I received this email from an Iraq war vet.

It was one of the 800 plus I have received. All in strong support of RP.

Dear Mr. Lepard,
As a vet of the Iraq war (2003), I thank you so much for paying for the Ron Paul ad in USA Today. You have done what the rest of us only wish we were able to do. I deeply appreciate this act of patriotism, and I pray Ron Paul wins. I have too many buddies still inthe military fighting this war, and I fear for their lives every day.
Once again, thank you!

Respectfully,
Samuel E. Beatty
SGT, USMC (Ret.)

I sent him the following response:

Sir:

Thank you for your email. I am honored. You are the one who has served our country.

I have attached a PDF file of the advertisement. Please feel free to print it, publish it, distribute it.

We must inform all of our fellow citizens. Tell all your fellow soldiers about Ron Paul.

I am very touched by your email. It means a lot to me. Sometimes I wonder if what I did will make a difference, even if it does not, I am re-assured by the support of soldiers like yourself.

Sincerely, Larry

BTW, i would like to post your email to me on a Ron Paul blog. www.ronpaulforums.com. It would make RP's grassroots supporters proud. I could do it with your name or without your name. Or if you prefer I will not do it at all. No problem if the answer is no.

My best to you and to your buddies who are still in danger. I pray they will all come home safely.

He gave me permission to post his email on this forum.

Chester Copperpot
11-28-2007, 07:44 AM
Good Stuff.

rancher89
11-28-2007, 07:44 AM
bump

NinjaPirate
11-28-2007, 07:45 AM
Awesome!!! :D :D

purplechoe
11-28-2007, 07:47 AM
That's just awesome! I love it when we get support like this from the military people.

Bryan
11-28-2007, 08:55 AM
You have done what the rest of us only wish we were able to do.
This says it all IMHO.

And yes, the ad has made a huge difference. Just reading a handful of the accounts here shows that. :) It has also given us supporters hope and affirmation that we will win. :)

goldenequity
11-28-2007, 09:10 AM
thanks for sharing Larry. :)

jumpyg1258
11-28-2007, 09:20 AM
I am a US Air Force Vet and I approve this message. :)

jpinkerton
11-28-2007, 09:25 AM
Find out if he lives in West Virginia and get him a delegate seat ;)

klamath
11-28-2007, 09:26 AM
I am a Iraq war veteran and I support this message.

speciallyblend
11-28-2007, 09:27 AM
sniffle

ConstitutionGal
11-28-2007, 09:39 AM
Fantastic!! Kudos to you both for your service to our Country!

...I wish the people over at FreeRepublic who say they don't know of a single person in the military that would support Dr. Paul could see these emails. It just MIGHT wake a few of them up....of course, waking up gets folks banned there so it probably wouldn't help much...;-(

Carole
11-28-2007, 05:04 PM
Thank you for sharing that letter with us. And thank you for the ad. It is beautiful and I hung it up in plain sight.

Bless all the GI's. May they all be home soon.

ClockwiseSpark
11-28-2007, 05:13 PM
Awesome! Thanks for sharing. :)

Mark
11-28-2007, 06:07 PM
Last night I received this email from an Iraq war vet.

It was one of the 800 plus I have received. All in strong support of RP.

Dear Mr. Lepard,
As a vet of the Iraq war (2003), I thank you so much for paying for the Ron Paul ad in USA Today. You have done what the rest of us only wish we were able to do. I deeply appreciate this act of patriotism, and I pray Ron Paul wins. I have too many buddies still inthe military fighting this war, and I fear for their lives every day.
Once again, thank you!

Respectfully,
Samuel E. Beatty
SGT, USMC (Ret.)

I sent him the following response:

Sir:

Thank you for your email. I am honored. You are the one who has served our country.

I have attached a PDF file of the advertisement. Please feel free to print it, publish it, distribute it.

We must inform all of our fellow citizens. Tell all your fellow soldiers about Ron Paul.

I am very touched by your email. It means a lot to me. Sometimes I wonder if what I did will make a difference, even if it does not, I am re-assured by the support of soldiers like yourself.

Sincerely, Larry

BTW, i would like to post your email to me on a Ron Paul blog. www.ronpaulforums.com (http://www.ronpaulforums.com). It would make RP's grassroots supporters proud. I could do it with your name or without your name. Or if you prefer I will not do it at all. No problem if the answer is no.

My best to you and to your buddies who are still in danger. I pray they will all come home safely.

He gave me permission to post his email on this forum.

And MSM (Main Stream Media) says.... nothing

LLepard, do you think it'd be ok by the sergeant to use his email in a news article?

Mark
11-28-2007, 09:36 PM
This really is special, We should send Sen McCain a copy.

Mauiboy86
11-28-2007, 09:40 PM
bump

Mark
11-28-2007, 10:17 PM
bump for all to see and read. I hope we can quote the email in news article's and letters.

smartbandwidth
11-28-2007, 10:23 PM
Larry:

Thanks so much for all of your support! The ad was an amazing/empowering example of the true American Patriot spirit manifesting at a very crucial time in our country's history.

Please, if you can find the time, send this link to that veteran who sent you that email message:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1654029577076223754&q=injustice+exposed&total=15&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

That's me interviewing Ed Crosby about a terrible fraud that's been depriving millions veterans since the late 1950's of their benefits, rights, jobs and peace of mind. If you watch this 1 1/2 hour show you will hear how John McCain was fully briefed on this fraud way back in the early 1980's with Senator Biden - I believe - but had done nothing to stop it.

Thanks again!

Peace and God Bless,

Fred