PDA

View Full Version : What is Govt? Elementary students taught "It's your family"

qh4dotcom
09-01-2013, 04:04 AM
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/08/30/what-is-government-elementary-students-taught-its-your-family/

BuddyRey
09-01-2013, 09:27 AM
Hmmm...let's see...

Government robs from you
Government rules you by intimidation
Government seeks control of your mind, and manipulates your thinking at your most vulnerable stage in life
Government forces you to contribute to the death of innocent people
Government sometimes even forces you to kill innocent people yourself
Government convinces you that it loves you, while treating you as less than human.

Yep, that sounds kinda like a family alright...

The Manson Family.

Pericles
09-01-2013, 10:44 AM
The government, it is like my family, maybe my big brother?

Xenliad
09-01-2013, 12:34 PM
Hmmm...let's see...

Government robs from you
Government rules you by intimidation
Government seeks control of your mind, and manipulates your thinking at your most vulnerable stage in life
Government forces you to contribute to the death of innocent people
Government sometimes even forces you to kill innocent people yourself
Government convinces you that it loves you, while treating you as less than human.

I can relate the first 3 to family, fortunately not the rest. :D

qh4dotcom
09-01-2013, 01:47 PM
I guess even in communist Cuba the Castros don't teach Cuban kids that govt is their family.

Paulbot99
09-01-2013, 02:17 PM
The government is just like a dad who spends all his income on drinking, beats you, makes you get a part time job, shakes you down for your paycheck, and drinks some more. He then sends some money to the neighbors to help them take care of their nine kids. You are given McDonald's.

PaulConventionWV
09-01-2013, 08:16 PM
The government, it is like my family, maybe my big brother?

Yep, that's the point. The concept of government as big brother is to make people feel like the government has a close bond with you while justifying any and all measures to ensure your safety, even if it's against your will.

The Bavarian
09-01-2013, 09:27 PM
Hmmm, where have I heard this before...

http://www.history.ucsb.edu/faculty/marcuse/classes/133p/133p04papers/133p04papimg/HitlerYouth.jpg

OH, YEAH, that worked out so great for them.