PDA

View Full Version : what is McConnell's stand on the war?

cindy25
08-31-2013, 10:13 PM
if he is pro-war could Thomas Massie primary him?

lib3rtarian
08-31-2013, 10:32 PM
Why do you want Massie to primary him, when we have a perfectly good candidate Matt Bevin? Bevin is against intervention in Syria.

jjdoyle
08-31-2013, 11:08 PM

Well, I would imagine McConnell might be against it...now? Maybe? But only because President Obama is a Democrat and apparently wanting to do something. I mean, before this one, what was the last intervention McConnell was against when it was a Republican President in office?

alucard13mm
08-31-2013, 11:12 PM
i thought mcconnel and rand were buddies with hemp. you hardly hear anything about them two together anymore.

LibertyEagle
08-31-2013, 11:19 PM
i thought mcconnel and rand were buddies with hemp. you hardly hear anything about them two together anymore.

I hope that Iowa jackass didn't cause a divide.

Sola_Fide
08-31-2013, 11:29 PM

In a few years, Massie will be able to run for anything in Kentucky and win.

fr33
09-01-2013, 12:48 AM

Why do you want to sweep corruption charges under the rug?

Anyways, a vote on authorization to invade Syria is a good thing. It will help us know who to not support. Of course I expect some here will try the mental gymnastics of trying to defend a yes vote if their favorite GOPers vote yes. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

enhanced_deficit
09-01-2013, 12:57 AM

He probably stands same place as zionist lite Rafael Cruz and both could face strong primary challanges looking at strong anti-intervention mood of American public. Clash in interests of neocon lobbies and American people is coming to head.

jjdoyle
09-01-2013, 01:01 AM

The guy in Iowa didn't do anything, other than let Mitch McConnell hear Jesse Benton running his own mouth. Blaming the guy for releasing the recording, doesn't exactly address what Jesse Benton said.

Where does Mitch stand on this issue now? I mean, he is Senate Minority Leader right? What is he leading exactly?

How has his position changed from this:
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2011/05/15/sen_mitch_mcconnell_on_syrias_thuggish_regime.html ?

LibertyEagle
09-01-2013, 01:07 AM
Why do you want to sweep corruption charges under the rug?

Anyways, a vote on authorization to invade Syria is a good thing. It will help us know who to not support. Of course I expect some here will try the mental gymnastics of trying to defend a yes vote if their favorite GOPers vote yes. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Stop spinning what I said. They are charges at this point. Charges. Nothing more than that. If the guy's only interest was getting to the bottom of his suspicions, he wouldn't have announced them the way he did, much less tape recorded a phone call with Benton. He is a snake in the grass, in my opinion.

So, I guess I ask YOU, why you would throw someone under the bus when all that exists at this point are CHARGES.

The guy in Iowa didn't do anything, other than let Mitch McConnell hear Jesse Benton running his own mouth. Blaming the guy for releasing the recording, doesn't exactly address what Jesse Benton said.

I dunno, maybe because Benton thought he was talking to a friend and colleague. :rolleyes:

fr33
09-01-2013, 01:11 AM
So, I guess I ask YOU, why you would throw someone under the bus when all that exists at this point are CHARGES.

I have far more evidence against Benton than those corruption charges. So yeah I throw Benton out with the bathwater.

orenbus
09-01-2013, 01:18 AM
I asked this question over a week ago (prior to the Syria chem attack event) and in light of the upcoming Syria strikes vote I'll ask it again:

If Mitch McConnell loses his re-election, what kind of an impact would that have on Rand's bid for 2016 at this point?

Considering Rand has already gained legitimacy in the senate, the party and MSM seems to be taking his potential bid seriously as well. I'm honestly wondering how much more good can McConnell do for a Rand 2016 bid at this point since Rand is already a legitimate candidate. What can be gained further by a McConnell alliance going forward vs. having Bevin (or other candidate) as another non-establishment voice in the Senate to back up Rand?

cindy25
09-01-2013, 01:32 AM
Well, I would imagine McConnell might be against it...now? Maybe? But only because President Obama is a Democrat and apparently wanting to do something. I mean, before this one, what was the last intervention McConnell was against when it was a Republican President in office?

Amash and Massie have proven they truly believe in liberty. but others have been a huge disappointment (Ayotte, Rubio)

LibertyEagle
09-01-2013, 01:36 AM
I asked this question over a week ago (prior to the Syria chem attack event) and in light of the upcoming Syria strikes vote I'll ask it again:

If Mitch McConnell loses his re-election, what kind of an impact would that have on Rand's bid for 2016 at this point?

Considering Rand has already gained legitimacy in the senate, the party and MSM seems to be taking his potential bid seriously as well. I'm honestly wondering how much more good can McConnell do for a Rand 2016 bid at this point since Rand is already a legitimate candidate. What can be gained further by a McConnell alliance going forward vs. having Bevin (or other candidate) as another non-establishment voice in the Senate to back up Rand?

I would imagine it would impact a lot of things, including how much the RNC would help him. There is a reason why both Rand and Massie have come out in support of McConnell's reelection.

fr33
09-01-2013, 01:37 AM

Nothing can be gained by supporting McConnell; whether he loses or not. It's a mistake for Rand to do so.

Remember when we were all about ending the Fed? Boy has that been buried. McConnell is the poster boy for bailing out the banks. If the Ron Paul movement supports McConnell, we have lost every principle we stood for.

LibertyEagle
09-01-2013, 01:38 AM
Nothing can be gained by supporting McConnell; whether he loses or not. It's a mistake for Rand to do so.

Remember when we were all about ending the Fed? Boy has that been buried. McConnell is the poster boy for bailing out the banks. If the Ron Paul movement supports McConnell, we have lost every principle we stood for.

Since when did you become a political strategist?

And ending the FED has not been buried. Rand was pushing some legislation on that just a couple of weeks ago. The difference now is that he is fighting a lot of other things too.

The "Ron Paul movement" doesn't support McConnell, anymore than Ron Paul supported Lamar Smith or any number of the leftists he worked with. McConnell has proved useful thus far and apparently Rand believes he will be in the future. No one is asking you to support McConnell.

compromise
09-01-2013, 01:40 AM
Massie is friends with McConnell, they play chess together, Massie has endorsed McConnell and will not primary him.

McConnell has 1 term left in him. If Massie becomes friendly with him now, in 2020 he may well have McConnell's seat.

enhanced_deficit
09-01-2013, 01:42 AM
Is this the RNC "establishment" that is so sought after?

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.bvblackspin.com/media/2009/12/steele2-438.jpg (http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=wLmHylLWJD4wmM&tbnid=He1Ubl2guXCsUM:&ved=&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bvblackspin.com%2F2009%2F12%2 F14%2Fneo-sucker-mc-michael-steele-another-bad-creation%2F&ei=0O8iUtmrNpGo4APV64DYDA&bvm=bv.51495398,d.cWc&psig=AFQjCNHYmZs2ExO6_DHEoTmfRoI02bH1GQ&ust=1378107727947825)

fr33
09-01-2013, 01:44 AM
Since when did you become a political strategist?

Since when I fucking decided to be one. I called it that McCain and Romney would not be elected long before they were nominated.

LibertyEagle
09-01-2013, 05:12 AM
Since when I fucking decided to be one. I called it that McCain and Romney would not be elected long before they were nominated.

It requires a bit more than that to be a political strategist.

MelissaWV
09-01-2013, 05:28 AM

I would be incredibly disappointed if there was widespread support on here for McConnell ---but--- I also think there are other states, other seats, that are more ripe for a manufactured primary challenge. So I generally just consider that race a $0 race; I won't donate to either side.

cindy25
09-01-2013, 06:40 AM

I actually thought Romney would win, and that is the first time I was ever surprised about a presidential election. and that goes back to 1968. no way should Obama have won. not with his record, and the economy.

compromise
09-01-2013, 06:47 AM
If Rand can get McConnell pushing for Audit the Fed, that'll put a lot of pressure on Reid.

I actually thought Romney would win, and that is the first time I was ever surprised about a presidential election. and that goes back to 1968. no way should Obama have won. not with his record, and the economy.

Hand out enough Obamaphones and the election's yours, unfortunately...

orenbus
09-03-2013, 07:41 AM
Just saw Jesse Benton walking into the White House with McConnell on Fox News

mosquitobite
09-03-2013, 07:47 AM
Amash and Massie have proven they truly believe in liberty. but others have been a huge disappointment (Ayotte, Rubio)

This is why I think it is SO important for the liberty crowd to support Lee Bright over Nancy Mace against Graham.

My gut says Mace is another potential Ayotte or Rubio.

RonPaulMall
09-03-2013, 09:52 AM
This is why I think it is SO important for the liberty crowd to support Lee Bright over Nancy Mace against Graham.

My gut says Mace is another potential Ayotte or Rubio.

Ayotte and Rubio had long anti-liberty track records and no association with liberty candidates, the liberty movement, or liberty ideas. Their true colors were obvious to anybody paying attention. Mace has been backing liberty candidates well before backing liberty candidates was popular, and her association with the Davis/Sanford wing of the SC Republican Party doesn't suggest somebody who is going to turn on us.

As for McConnell, I'm sure he will vote no. Guy is doing everything he can to win re-election and he's not going to hand Bevin something as huge as this to use against him.

Warlord
09-03-2013, 09:54 AM
Boehner just came out to support it. Surprise.

LibertyEagle
09-03-2013, 09:58 AM
One thing to consider.... Rand probably wouldn't have his seat on the Foreign Relation Cmte had it not been for McConnell. Rand has said as much several times. Does this mean we need to like McConnell's voting record, hell no. But, maybe we should also be cognizant of how that relationship furthers our ends.

Brett85
09-03-2013, 11:21 AM
As for McConnell, I'm sure he will vote no. Guy is doing everything he can to win re-election and he's not going to hand Bevin something as huge as this to use against him.

I'm not so sure of that. If he votes against it, then he'll also be seen as a flip flopper, a partisan, and a political opportunist; so he may end up voting for it in order to be viewed as being consistent on the issue.

cindy25
09-03-2013, 11:37 AM
if he votes yes, Bevin is in the senate

wouldn't a McConnell yes vote force Rand to support Bevin?

HOLLYWOOD
09-03-2013, 11:52 AM
Just saw Jesse Benton walking into the White House with McConnell on Fox NewsAny Kentucky polling on what the citizens want with Syria? I'm sure it's a majority against spending more money overseas and the bombing/killing.

compromise
09-03-2013, 11:53 AM
I'm not so sure of that. If he votes against it, then he'll also be seen as a flip flopper, a partisan, and a political opportunist; so he may end up voting for it in order to be viewed as being consistent on the issue.

McConnell generally doesn't really seem to care. He IS a political opportunist. He's already come over on foreign aid to get re-election.

That being said, I'm sure House leadership will try to pressure him.

Sola_Fide
09-03-2013, 11:54 AM
McConnell's stand on everything is whatever it takes to get elected.

cindy25
09-03-2013, 11:54 AM
ANy Kentucky pools and what the citizens want with Syria?

with 80% national against I doubt if anyplace is pro-war, except perhaps NYC area because of 911 paranoia

HOLLYWOOD
09-03-2013, 11:56 AM
with 80% national against I doubt if anyplace is pro-war, except perhaps NYC area because of 911 paranoiaAnd of course, around the Washington DC beltway.

jjdoyle
09-03-2013, 03:29 PM
I dunno, maybe because Benton thought he was talking to a friend and colleague. :rolleyes:

Not at all. Benton offered up that information to try and appease the guy, because he knew he had evidence of what some might see as corruption within the Ron Paul 2012 campaign. The fact Jesse Benton would even say what he did so far out, shows how stupid so many on the inside that are SUPPOSEDLY playing some really are...if that's what they're doing.

Which, speaking of those charges the guy brought up and has evidence for, I can't wait to see if more comes out about Ron Paul 2012's marriage with Mitt Romney 2012 before the 2016 election. The fingerprints and evidence are everywhere, some were saying it DURING the campaign...some just didn't want to hear it then, or now, apparently.

anaconda
09-03-2013, 03:38 PM

Rand's continued support for Mitch's 2014 election is pretty high profile.