PDA

View Full Version : America is screwed I think.

noxagol
11-28-2007, 07:40 AM
I think the US economy is going to get real screwed up real soon. A lot of stuff going on now reminds me of 1929. We have a booming stock market fueled by FED funny money. I like how the one guy stated in Aravoth's new video that if you looked at the market in Canadian dollars that it actually went down a hundred points. Our country is already in a recession for some parts of the social structure and the higher ends of it are only held above waters by Helicopter Ben's liberal application of the printing press which is building a very dangerous and tall house of cards and the FED is quickly running out of options to keep even them afloat.

I really hope people wake up to this otherwise we might get New Deal 2.0 from someone else which will keep us in a Greater Depression for years, maybe decades, like New Deal 1.0 did for us back in the 30's. Ron Paul's ideas for taxes and reducing government spending and regulations is the way to go to pull out of hard economic times, we need this man.

rodent
11-28-2007, 07:43 AM
I think the US economy is going to get real screwed up real soon. A lot of stuff going on now reminds me of 1929. We have a booming stock market fueled by FED funny money. I like how the one guy stated in Aravoth's new video that if you looked at the market in Canadian dollars that it actually went down a hundred points. Our country is already in a recession for some parts of the social structure and the higher ends of it are only held above waters by Helicopter Ben's liberal application of the printing press which is building a very dangerous and tall house of cards and the FED is quickly running out of options to keep even them afloat.

I really hope people wake up to this otherwise we might get New Deal 2.0 from someone else which will keep us in a Greater Depression for years, maybe decades, like New Deal 1.0 did for us back in the 30's. Ron Paul's ideas for taxes and reducing government spending and regulations is the way to go to pull out of hard economic times, we need this man.

People aren't going to wake up. You're lucky if they even took a basic economics class in their shitty public schools. Give them their Britney Spears drama, bogus debates about whether the Dixie Chicks are unpatriotic, and their college bowl games.

seapilot
11-28-2007, 11:41 AM
People aren't going to wake up. You're lucky if they even took a basic economics class in their shitty public schools. Give them their Britney Spears drama, bogus debates about whether the Dixie Chicks are unpatriotic, and their college bowl games.

Dont forget Dancing with the Stars!:D

lemnad
11-28-2007, 12:32 PM
It's hard to imagine any type of economic soft landing no matter what happens. The cards have already been dealt, it just a matter of when of when we get to see the hand. And it looks like the rate is going to get cut again which is just prolonging the inevitable and making it worse when it does happen. I don't think 90% of the population realizes how quickly things can spiral out of control. It worries me a little bit.

EvilEngineer
11-28-2007, 12:58 PM
Sadly, I kind of hope this happens sooner rather than later. If it happens during 08, Bush will be held to blame... as he should be. If Ron is elected, it will be dumped in his lap, just as the 2001 recession was dumped on Bush, despite being caused during the Clinton administration. Which, like what happened to Carter, will cost Ron a 2nd term. Granted Dr. Paul is the only one with a sound fiscal plan to put the country back on course, but the problem is that regardless of who wins... the economy is going into a recession, the only question is how bad...

noxagol
11-28-2007, 01:02 PM
Sadly, I kind of hope this happens sooner rather than later. If it happens during 08, Bush will be held to blame... as he should be. If Ron is elected, it will be dumped in his lap, just as the 2001 recession was dumped on Bush, despite being caused during the Clinton administration. Which, like what happened to Carter, will cost Ron a 2nd term. Granted Dr. Paul is the only one with a sound fiscal plan to put the country back on course, but the problem is that regardless of who wins... the economy is going into a recession, the only question is how bad...

Actually, if it happens during Ron Paul's first term, we will get to see just how much better lower taxes and fewer regulations will be for our economy as we pull out of the mega recession in a year or year and a half.

Smiley Gladhands
11-28-2007, 01:37 PM
But the market's up nearly 3% today. Doesn't that mean the economy totally rocks? <sarcasm>

Zydeco
11-28-2007, 01:40 PM
Their plan is likely to be: delay the crash until after the primaries, where they hope Ron Paul will not win. If it happens too soon, people might vote for him.

seapilot
11-28-2007, 01:46 PM
Their plan is likely to be: delay the crash until after the primaries, where they hope Ron Paul will not win. If it happens too soon, people might vote for him.

To do that they need to cut rates again. May the dollar rest in peace.:(