PDA

View Full Version : The Truck's about to Hit the Wall, and we're all helping it! (Flamesheild On!)

nexalacer
11-28-2007, 07:31 AM
Here's a youtube video that will probably infuriate many of you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O90je0Vfr20

I post it not for now, but for later. This is a video for 2013, after 4 years of a Ron Paul presidency, yet not much has changed. I hope you'll watch it (I know it's kind of long, but in 4 years, you'll thank me for the 30 minutes you spent now!) and keep it in mind.

LibertyOfOne
11-28-2007, 07:54 AM
This guy does not believe in political action being that he is an anarchist. Total waste of time. Anarchists just talk about politics, but are not politically active out of principle. If you don't plan to vote or take part in the process how are you going to change anything? Yet he talks about Ron making no change when he would not bother to vote for anyone even if there was an anarchist candidate.

Kregener
11-28-2007, 07:56 AM
Even a Ron Paul presidency cannot stop the financial meltdown and the extremely hard times coming our way.

But I would rather have him at the helm instead of yet another NWO goon.

nexalacer
11-28-2007, 08:40 AM
This guy does not believe in political action being that he is an anarchist. Total waste of time. Anarchists just talk about politics, but are not politically active out of principle. If you don't plan to vote or take part in the process how are you going to change anything? Yet he talks about Ron making no change when he would not bother to vote for anyone even if there was an anarchist candidate.

I think the last statement has a contradiction with another statement. If anarchists are not politically active out of principle, then would there be an anarchist candidate?

Also, I'm pretty sure he does not believe in political action because there is no point, not because he's an anarchist. In the last maybe 10 minutes of the video, he goes in depth about the intellectual struggle against the power of the state that has occurred since the War of Northern Aggression (approx. 150 years), yet the power of the state continues to expand.

Also, if voting and taking part in the process can change something, can you give me some examples of what it has changed?

As far as a waste of time goes, I think he's spot in in pointing out the only thing you can really change is yourself and your own life. You really have no power over anyone else, so his suggestion is to stop wasting time on politics, start trying live more free where you actually have power: your own life.

But again, I think this will be best remembered after 4 years of a Ron Paul presidency.

nexalacer
11-28-2007, 08:41 AM
Even a Ron Paul presidency cannot stop the financial meltdown and the extremely hard times coming our way.

But I would rather have him at the helm instead of yet another NWO goon.

Good point. But I'm curious, what would be different during the coming collapse if Ron Paul is president rather than an NWO goon?

nexalacer
11-29-2007, 03:08 AM
post-debate-debacle bump!