PDA

View Full Version : Taxdollars Funding NSA Hacking To Bypass Encryption

better-dead-than-fed
08-31-2013, 02:52 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-switch/wp/2013/08/31/the-nsa-hacks-other-countries-by-buying-millions-of-dollars-worth-of-computer-vulnerabilities/

This year alone, the NSA secretly spent more than $25 million to procure software vulnerabilities from private malware vendors....

The news here, if there is any, is that the government is buying information about software bugs, and using that information to engineer spyware to infect computers. Once a computer is infected, the government can snoop data before it goes out onto the internet, and before you ever have a chance to encrypt it.

It was already known that Microsoft is knowingly enabling the government to hack its own products:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?417975-Bloomberg-com-Discloses-Conspiracy-Between-Microsoft-And-Government-To-Compromise-Security&p=5093388&viewfull=1#post5093388

Here is a lengthy article about securing your system, for what it is worth:

https://pressfreedomfoundation.org/encryption-works

DamianTV
08-31-2013, 03:30 PM
Privacy is going to become the new valuable commodity in the very near future.

presence
08-31-2013, 03:35 PM
#FUNSA

better-dead-than-fed
09-06-2013, 05:00 AM
Privacy is going to become the new valuable commodity in the very near future.

Besides compromising privacy, malware would allow controllers to send subliminal stimuli.

tod evans
09-06-2013, 05:59 AM
Unlike lots of ya'll, I bought my first 'puter in '98, never even tried to drive one before that.

Had the college girl I had working for me show me how to hook it up and get started..

Anyway..........The fellow I hired to build my first machine told me point blank that everything that went out on the wire was accessible by government. His advice to me was that if I wanted to keep secure data I would need two machines, one for the internet and one for records. There should never be a connection between the two machines and all data was to be transferred via floppy. The machine he built came with Kaspersky installed, because according to him, they were the only antivirus program that the US government hadn't corrupted..

In my untrusting brain government has exceeded the capabilities they had then exponentially and I believe the Snowden releases are really just the tip of the iceberg..

Enough history and paranoid mutterings...:o

better-dead-than-fed
09-06-2013, 06:23 AM
His advice to me was that if I wanted to keep secure data I would need two machines, one for the internet and one for records. There should never be a connection between the two machines and all data was to be transferred via floppy.

This is only what they want you to believe, but the floppies and CPU's might have been architectured with backdoors that would compromise the offline machine. You need to use a DES algorithm modified for a 1024-bit key, and you need to do the calculations by hand, with pencil and paper, and they might have bugged your residence, so you need to be in your refrigerator while you do the calculations, because it his hermetically sealed.

tod evans
09-06-2013, 06:33 AM
This is only what they want you to believe, but the floppies and CPU's might have been architectured with backdoors that would compromise the offline machine. You need to use a DES algorithm modified for a 1024-bit key, and you need to do the calculations by hand, with pencil and paper, and they might have bugged your residence, so you need to be in your refrigerator while you do the calculations, because it his hermetically sealed.

I wouldn't know a "DES algorithm" if it bit me on the ass..

I'm also to a point in my life that I really don't care...