PDA

View Full Version : Cory Booker is lying about Steve Lonegan (NJ Senate Race)

Valli6
08-31-2013, 02:26 PM
I finally came across the interview Steve Lonegan did on Steve Malzberg's show - it doesn't have very many views. This is the comment Cory Booker has concocted his whole "poor (possibly gay) me" story around.

It turns out, Steve Lonegan has no interest whatsoever in Booker's sexuality and when asked if he thinks Booker is gay, he had little to say about it beyond "I don't know."

Malzburg asked Lonegan what he thought about Booker stating that he likes it when people think he's gay - NOT what he thinks of him being gay, as Booker pretends. Lonegan says, "I didn't see that - it's kind of weird. As a guy, I like personally being a guy" and then refers to Booker's equally weird statement about enjoying middle-of-the-night pedicures - that fluffy interview can be read here:
(from 2012) http://www.dujour.com/2012-09/373/an-interview-with-newarks-cory-booker

Malzburg then asks him if he's thinks Booker is gay and all he says is, "Oh. I don't know."
the entire exchange lasts less than 50 seconds. There is nothing "extreme" about it!

LISTEN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSzeMm7VL3Q

The whole thing is a bunch of nothing! But when Chris Hayes and Cory Booker retell it, it becomes:

“so extreme”
“behaving pretty despicably”
“spouting a lot of nonsense”
“we have an opponent that is trying to say god-awful things"
"literally saying, ‘Well, I believe a guy should be a guy,’
"almost like saying that you are not a man, you are not a man if you’re gay!"
"I mean, that is so extreme!"
" let’s shine lights on that for a second.”

Cory Booker has intentionally made his sexuality an issue because he's never managed to bring about any positive changes as an elected official. He has NOTHING to run on. The guy is a liar and utterly self-absorbed.

Interesting note from the pedicure interview:

"In December (2011) he brought his parents, Carolyn and Cary, to Israel but confesses that HE SPENT MUCH OF THE TIME WITH POLITICAL LEADERS"
Yes, the mayor of Newark, NJ needed to consult with Israel's political leaders. :rolleyes:

angelatc
08-31-2013, 02:50 PM
HE really is. He was answering questions on Twitter, and they were all about bad intersections, his favorite ride at Walt Disney....but wouldn't TOUCH the subject of Syria or foreign policy.

If Lonegan wants the win, that's the Achilles heel.

Valli6
08-31-2013, 03:15 PM
...but wouldn't TOUCH the subject of Syria or foreign policy.
If Lonegan wants the win, that's the Achilles heel.
I think Lonegan has picked up on that. It seems Booker is a "closet" supporter of NSA and I have to assume, the Patriot Act.

Lonegan Says Gay Voters Should Pick Him Over 'Vague and Vapid' Cory Booker
(exerpt)
"They will not have a stronger advocate for individual liberty in Washington than me," Lonegan said. "My message to gay voters is: I'm the guy who is going to work hardest to cut your taxes and roll back regulations on small businesses... [and advocate for] individual liberty and especially protecting people against NSA intrusion."

The NSA's Internet surveillance activities, he said, may be "even more important to gay voters." Lonegan is particularly outspoken in his opposition to the NSA surveillance, while Booker more cautious in his critique; in July a spokesperson for Booker said he opposed the narrowly defeated Amash amendment in the House, which would have banned the NSA's ongoing collection of the phone records of all Americans.

"Many of the gay people I know run their own businesses," Lonegan added, "that's the number one reason why gay people should vote for me." The Republican candidate, who formerly served as mayor of Bogota, N.J., would like most federal business regulations to sunset after seven years….

(exerpt)
..."I don't care what Cory Booker's lifestyle is," he said. "He's a huge proponent of big government... and would be a rubber stamp for the Obama assault on individual liberty, that's why gay voters should vote for me.

Booker's public approach to his own sexuality, according to Lonegan, neatly fits with his approach to other issues.

"The guy's masterful at trying to play both sides of every issue, including his own sexuality," Lonegan charged. "He's being vague and vapid as he is on every issue. It's so bizarre."

http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/washington-whispers/2013/08/28/lonegan-cory-booker-gay-weird-vague-and-vapid