PDA

View Full Version : Boycott Of Target Stores

SIXSHOOTER13
11-28-2007, 07:16 AM
This is for anyone who has purchased items from Target stores as Christmas Presents. Just to let everyone know Target has a new return policy. Items can be returned without a receipt up to $19.99. Any items over $19.99 can not be returned without a receipt No Exceptions. My wife used the baby registry. She signed up for some $800.00 to $1000.00 worth of baby items. We received a duplicate item that was $89.99. It was a Winnie the pooh, Pack and play. The box was still sealed and in new condition. Target refused to return or give a store credit. They advised scene Aug 1, 2007 they will not refund items over $19.99. I hope everyone will join myself in a Boycott of Target Stores. Just in case you did not know Target is a French Owned Store Chain. Let the power of the Ron Paul supporters be Heard!!!!!!!

OV 101 Enterprise
11-28-2007, 07:25 AM
What does this have to do with Ron? How would boycotting a private business that sets their own policies be in line with the ideal's of liberty. Of course, you always have the right not to shop their yourself.

robert4rp08
11-28-2007, 07:25 AM
Um no. Just keep your receipt.

MsDoodahs
11-28-2007, 07:27 AM
Just a quick word of advice for those of you who may be buying people presents this time of year:

ALWAYS get a GIFT RECEIPT!

Those receipts don't show the price you paid for the item so you can include it with the gift, and if the recipient does not like the item, he can return it without hassle.

StrikerV
11-28-2007, 07:35 AM
Dont Hijack Ron Paul for your wrongdoing done by Target.

plus this could be a isolated event...

Dave Wood
11-28-2007, 07:56 AM
I HATE target.....refuse to go there w/the wife. They have always had the worst service and return policies........crooks imho!

Just told the wife this little tidbit and now I think she finally gets it....I keep telling her not to shop there. This has to do w/RP.......because non of us can afford to get RIPPED OFF by Target, when we are trying to send so much of our money to the campaign.

happyphilter
11-28-2007, 07:59 AM
I love target, and yeah and always ALWAYS keep reciepts.

this has nothing to do with RP, it has to do with you becoming an educated responsible consumer.

micahnelson
11-28-2007, 08:17 AM
I love target, and yeah and always ALWAYS keep reciepts.

this has nothing to do with RP, it has to do with you becoming an educated responsible consumer.

Well, I think he is. He has decided that he doesn't want to keep receipts. Target will lose his business, but possibly save money on fraudulent returns. Other stores will pickup business, but possibly deal with more difficulties down the road with returns.

The free market will balance it out. Personally, I don't shop at walmart because I feel like I am in some sort of third world rationing hut. Target is only marginally better where I live.

Online shopping ftw.

Fyretrohl
11-28-2007, 08:20 AM
Guys, we nail the media for getting facts straight, maybe we should be careful. Last I checked and Snoped...Target is NOT French Owned. Axa, Axia, something like that, a French company, owns 42 million<?> shares, but, that does not result in a majority ownership. Target, if I read right, is STILL an American company.

Oddball
11-28-2007, 08:40 AM
I'm not certain, but I think that Target is still owned and operated by the all-American Dayton-Hudson corporation.

asgardshill
11-28-2007, 08:59 AM
Just in case you did not know Target is a French Owned Store Chain.

No, they're not.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/target.asp

And I wouldn't even think of trying to return a big-ticket item to any store without the receipt. Suggestion: Get it from the original gift-giver (if he or she still has it).

(Edited to add: And if he/she doesn't, then just flog it on EBay).

TruckinMike
11-28-2007, 09:02 AM
It won't be American ownd for long. Not with the dollar collapsing all around us.

================================================== =======

side bar:

And hey oddball, Are you the same oddball that recommended "The Creature from Jekyll Island" -- from the other forum? At least I think it was you...

WoW! is all I can say. It really is the beeees Knees in books!:D

TruckinMike

angelatc
11-28-2007, 09:05 AM
No, they're not.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/target.asp

And I wouldn't even think of trying to return a big-ticket item to any store without the receipt. Suggestion: Get it from the original gift-giver (if he or she still has it).

You can speak ill of Wal-Mart, but they still have a return policy of "we'll take it back, even if you don't have the receipt"

I suspect that most of you were brought up being treated like theives, so you're used to it. There are many of us older people who rememver when the stores were much friendlier.

If people didn't submit so willingly to bullshit policies like this, they wouldn't exist. Instead, Target didn't suffer any ill consequences when they became Christmas-shopping unfriendly, so every other store (sans Wal-Mart) adopted the policy.

People are sheep.

Mortikhi
11-28-2007, 09:12 AM
If Target sells it, then Wal-Mart probably sells it.
I always try to take my returns to Wal-Mart if the original store won't take it.

asgardshill
11-28-2007, 09:13 AM
You can speak ill of Wal-Mart, but they still have a return policy of "we'll take it back, even if you don't have the receipt"

I suspect that most of you were brought up being treated like theives, so you're used to it. There are many of us older people who rememver when the stores were much friendlier.

If people didn't submit so willingly to bullshit policies like this, they wouldn't exist. Instead, Target didn't suffer any ill consequences when they became Christmas-shopping unfriendly, so every other store (sans Wal-Mart) adopted the policy.

People are sheep.

I didn't say anything bad about Wal-Mart. Been shopping there for years - I should buy stock I spend so much dinero there. But Target carries the odd item or two that either isn't made in China and/or isn't coated with toxic waste-based paint, so I shop there sometimes as well.

And there's a good reason that many stores don't accept returns on big-ticket items without the receipt - shoplifters steal stuff from Store A and try to "return" it to Store B for cash. I'm not interested in supporting the habit of my local meth-head, so I have no problem with stores I patronize requiring the receipt for returns. If Wally World's business model lets them accept these returns, then more power to them. I simply don't expect every retailer/e-tailer to do the same.

manny229
11-28-2007, 09:14 AM
We received a duplicate item that was $89.99. It was a Winnie the pooh, Pack and play. The box was still sealed and in new condition. Target refused to return or give a store credit

The only way this issue will have anything to do with Ron Paul is if you sell it on ebay and donate the proceeds to the campaign....

voytechs
11-28-2007, 09:15 AM
What does this have to do with Ron? How would boycotting a private business that sets their own policies be in line with the ideal's of liberty. Of course, you always have the right not to shop their yourself.

I second that. What does this have to do with the campaign? Please take it to another board.

noxagol
11-28-2007, 09:16 AM
Kudos to Target. I think returning something without a receipt is stupid. You guys have no idea how much they get ripped off everyday from fake returns. Wal-mart even more so. I hear at least 20 stories a week about failed attempts, but for each failure there are probably 5-6 people that succeed. They lose a lot of money from this stuff and honestly if you are wanting to return something without being able to prove you bought it there and get pissed off when they won't let you do it, you are a pompous prick.

asgardshill
11-28-2007, 09:18 AM
I second that. What does this have to do with the campaign? Please take it to another board.

The name of this sub-forum is "General Politics AND OTHER". Seems like this discussion is in the right place, so you can just toddle along elsewhere if you don't wish to participate.

noxagol
11-28-2007, 09:19 AM
I didn't say anything bad about Wal-Mart. Been shopping there for years - I should buy stock I spend so much dinero there. But Target carries the odd item or two that either isn't made in China and/or isn't coated with toxic waste-based paint, so I shop there sometimes as well.

And there's a good reason that many stores don't accept returns on big-ticket items without the receipt - shoplifters steal stuff from Store A and try to "return" it to Store B for cash. I'm not interested in supporting the habit of my local meth-head, so I have no problem with stores I patronize requiring the receipt for returns. If Wally World's business model lets them accept these returns, then more power to them. I simply don't expect every retailer/e-tailer to do the same.

Not only do they steal from Store A to return to Store B, they take stuff off the shelves at Store A and try to return it to Store A sometimes. Wal-mart has a simple and seemingly effective way of dealing with this, but it is easy to foil if you put two seconds of thought into it.

asgardshill
11-28-2007, 09:22 AM
Not only do they steal from Store A to return to Store B, they take stuff off the shelves at Store A and try to return it to Store A sometimes. Wal-mart has a simple and seemingly effective way of dealing with this, but it is easy to foil if you put two seconds of thought into it.

"Foil" - he he he. :)

(Unless they're using RFID chips now, that is ...)

amonasro
11-28-2007, 09:55 AM
You know, before the advent of high-end, customer friendly department stores like Marshall Fields, there was no such thing as a return policy. If you've ever worked for a store like Target, Best Buy, etc., you understand why their policy becomes more strict over the holidays: Crooks like to take advantage of it and return anything they can come up with to make a profit. Keep your receipt!

McDermit
11-28-2007, 10:18 AM
If Target sells it, then Wal-Mart probably sells it.
I always try to take my returns to Wal-Mart if the original store won't take it.

You're a part of the reason that other stores have these policies then.

Kade
11-28-2007, 11:20 AM
I'm not certain, but I think that Target is still owned and operated by the all-American Dayton-Hudson corporation.

Target is a private owned American business, formerly known as Dayton-Hudson.

This thread is ridiculous. I have old classmates who work for corporate, PM me and I'll send you some contact information and you can work out getting your Pooh Bear replaced...

Mortikhi
11-28-2007, 11:33 AM
You're a part of the reason that other stores have these policies then.
I didnt force any store into being a pita to their customers.

I only have to do it if, for example, Target won't take something back.

I think I'm the result of stores having these policies.

Oddball
11-28-2007, 11:39 AM
It won't be American ownd for long. Not with the dollar collapsing all around us.

================================================== =======

side bar:

And hey oddball, Are you the same oddball that recommended "The Creature from Jekyll Island" -- from the other forum? At least I think it was you...

WoW! is all I can say. It really is the beeees Knees in books!:D

TruckinMike
Yup, that's me.

Glad you like the book! :)

Oddball
11-28-2007, 11:44 AM
Target is a private owned American business, formerly known as Dayton-Hudson.

Actually, Daytons was an upscale department store a-la Macy's and Nordstrom's. Target was the low-budget Daytons. I think they sold the upscale end of the operation to Carson Pirie Scott, of Chicago.

Wendi
11-28-2007, 11:45 AM
Oh great. First we were spammers, now we're going to be known as shoplifters, too ;) :p

noxagol
11-28-2007, 01:13 PM
I didnt force any store into being a pita to their customers.

I only have to do it if, for example, Target won't take something back.

I think I'm the result of stores having these policies.

Actually, what you are doing is fraud.

reaver
11-28-2007, 01:23 PM
This is for anyone who has purchased items from Target stores as Christmas Presents. Just to let everyone know Target has a new return policy. Items can be returned without a receipt up to $19.99. Any items over $19.99 can not be returned without a receipt No Exceptions. My wife used the baby registry. She signed up for some $800.00 to $1000.00 worth of baby items. We received a duplicate item that was $89.99. It was a Winnie the pooh, Pack and play. The box was still sealed and in new condition. Target refused to return or give a store credit. They advised scene Aug 1, 2007 they will not refund items over $19.99. I hope everyone will join myself in a Boycott of Target Stores. Just in case you did not know Target is a French Owned Store Chain. Let the power of the Ron Paul supporters be Heard!!!!!!!

Sorry for your troubles. But I don't shop there anyway. If there was a Target here I would shop there because they are voluntarily labeling their processed meat differently than any other outlet store. Processed meat treated with carbon monoxide at target is labeled with something like this: "Color of cooked meat is not an accurate measure of the safety of the food. Use a thermometer."

I admire them for doing this because currently the FDA doesn't requre it. They label it in Europe though... Millions of people might be cutting open their carbon monoxide treated burger, seeing that it looks fully cooked, and then get sick because they don't know a thing about carbon monoxide treated processed meat.