PDA

View Full Version : What's with MSM push for Huckabee these days?

gilliganscorner
11-28-2007, 07:00 AM
Hi Folks,

Has anyone else noticed this? It seems that MSM is co-ordinating a "divide and conquer" strategy for RP supporters.

I have seen more articles appearing these days talking about the "up and coming" challenger Mike Huckabee to the MSM favourites (Ghouliani and Romney). Take a look at this article (http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/11/28/debate.preview/index.html).

In it, they construct sentences like:

"Add to that a new twist in Mike Huckabee. The former Arkansas governor is moving up in the polls in Iowa and is now within striking distance of Romney."

"Romney, who thought he had a lock on Iowa and New Hampshire, is now looking in his rearview mirror and seeing others. Huckabee is a threat in Iowa, and anything can happen after that in New Hampshire."

"Rudy Giuliani is not a major player in Iowa since he, along with John McCain, skipped the straw poll. But Giuliani is undoubtedly cheering Mike Huckabee on," said CNN's other senior political analyst, Bill Schneider.

"If Huckabee overtakes Mitt Romney in Iowa, it will be a serious, perhaps devastating, blow to Giuliani's toughest competitor."

In fact, Huckabee's name is cited 6 times in this article.

Only one mention of Ron Paul, again framing him as some sort of joke.

"In ring three: Fred Thompson and John McCain try to grab the spotlight with some daring moves on the trapeze. There is also a sideshow: Ron Paul. Step right up, folks," says Schneider.

I worry about RP. With all of the co-ordinated MSM attacks/suppression/spin being fired at RP, sometimes the obstacles seem so high.

I was looking at the teaparty07.com site and they only have about 21,000 people pledged to donate that day. OK, so I know for sure that there are 21,000 people who are going to vote for RP. I also know that everyone who will vote for him are not necessarily signed up here.

But let's assume that these 21,000 folks represent 10% (pick a number) of RP supporters. That translates to 210,000 real votes. Is that enough to win the GOP? What number is?

Sorry about my doom and gloom feelings here. Perhaps you folks have a better interpretation or more facts than I do.

What I do find interesting is that in all of these typical barbs being exchanged with candidates (i.e. Clinton/Barrack, Romney/Huckabee, Romney/Ghouliani etc), no one, and I mean no GOP candidate is choosing to spar with Ron Paul (other than the TV debates)....at least what MSM is reporting.

Unfortunately, this is how I see the average voter:

http://gilliganscorner.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/n575942039_452871_5652.jpg

FreeTraveler
11-28-2007, 07:33 AM
Huckabee is a member of the CFR. When it became obvious that the first choices of the committee (the ghoul and the mormon) weren't cutting it with the rubes in the stands, they rolled out another huckster. If he gets squashed, McCain will suddenly make an amazing recovery, according to the MSM.

I've never been a "conspiracy theorist"; I'm a firm believer in Occam's Razor; but David Rockefeller and the CFR strike me as the Occam's razor in this case. To believe otherwise is to believe that the MSM are all idiots, the leadership of the Republican Party is too dumb to realize that the ghoul and the mormon won't play in Peoria, and otherwise intelligent people like Penn Jillette, Jack McCafferty, and Lou Dobbs are idiots when it comes to the pulse of the American people.

Frankly, a conspiracy by the CFR is easier to believe than all those other things, when taken in total. You have to look at the whole picture, all the indicators, to realize that the "conspiracy theory" of the CFR is the most likely scenario.

Kingfisher
11-28-2007, 07:42 AM
Huckabee is a member of the CFR. When it became obvious that the first choices of the committee (the ghoul and the mormon) weren't cutting it with the rubes in the stands, they rolled out another huckster. If he gets squashed, McCain will suddenly make an amazing recovery, according to the MSM.

I've never been a "conspiracy theorist"; I'm a firm believer in Occam's Razor; but David Rockefeller and the CFR strike me as the Occam's razor in this case. To believe otherwise is to believe that the MSM are all idiots, the leadership of the Republican Party is too dumb to realize that the ghoul and the mormon won't play in Peoria, and otherwise intelligent people like Penn Jillette, Jack McCafferty, and Lou Dobbs are idiots when it comes to the pulse of the American people.

Frankly, a conspiracy by the CFR is easier to believe than all those other things, when taken in total. You have to look at the whole picture, all the indicators, to realize that the "conspiracy theory" of the CFR is the most likely scenario.

I DO beleive theres a conspiracy, but DITTO everything else

gilliganscorner
11-28-2007, 07:51 AM

Thank you. Of course. I did not realize Huckabee was a member of the CFR. It all clicks now. What other candidates are members (please back up with your source) or give me a URL (I have not been able to dig one up).

I did see a Huckabee speech to the CFR here (http://www.cfr.org/publication/14335/mike_huckabees_speech_on_foreign_policy.html).

Kregener
11-28-2007, 07:53 AM
ANYBODY BUT RON PAUL!!!!

rockwell
11-28-2007, 08:12 AM
The word conspiracy really gets a short shrift these days, wonder why that is?

Criminals ARE running the show folks, printing money out of thin air, torturing human beings in literally unimaginable ways, committing mass murder in our name, every single day- do I need to go on? What part of criminal do we not understand? If every single thing they do is supposed to be a "mistake" or an "oversight" they should have cleaned house a long, long time ago if there was a shred of honor or dignity, but not only is that not the case, you'd have to be close to braindead to accept that excuse for the mountain of criminality we've witnessed in the last year alone, nevermind the past twenty five to fifty years of this.

Criminals- once again- CRIMINALS run our nation from the top down and they've gotten away with it because they've been wise enough to conceal the vast bulk of their enterprises, and that is a conspiracy.

So yes, Huck is the man of the hour for these criminals because even they know that the pulse of America is quickening and that literally no one is still believing in the cross dresser from Manhattan as a viable candidate, or McRomney or Aw Shucks Fred- My guess is that of those who are politically active, Ron Paul is probably registering in the high 50's in reality. They are going to have a very, very hard time convincing people of another "close call" election like the last two rip-offs, so they are going with the guy they think they can foist off on us as they "alternative", RP light.

IMHO

Kingfisher
11-28-2007, 08:39 AM
The word conspiracy really gets a short shrift these days, wonder why that is?

Criminals ARE running the show folks, printing money out of thin air, torturing human beings in literally unimaginable ways, committing mass murder in our name, every single day- do I need to go on? What part of criminal do we not understand? If every single thing they do is supposed to be a "mistake" or an "oversight" they should have cleaned house a long, long time ago if there was a shred of honor or dignity, but not only is that not the case, you'd have to be close to braindead to accept that excuse for the mountain of criminality we've witnessed in the last year alone, nevermind the past twenty five to fifty years of this.

Criminals- once again- CRIMINALS run our nation from the top down and they've gotten away with it because they've been wise enough to conceal the vast bulk of their enterprises, and that is a conspiracy.

So yes, Huck is the man of the hour for these criminals because even they know that the pulse of America is quickening and that literally no one is still believing in the cross dresser from Manhattan as a viable candidate, or McRomney or Aw Shucks Fred- My guess is that of those who are politically active, Ron Paul is probably registering in the high 50's in reality. They are going to have a very, very hard time convincing people of another "close call" election like the last two rip-offs, so they are going with the guy they think they can foist off on us as they "alternative", RP light.

IMHO

DITTO.....EXCELLENT

jb4ronpaul
11-28-2007, 08:51 AM
before this started the word was out from inside the GOP that they wanted to set Huck up as the vp to Goul. I think these parties have a lot of control of the media, at the very least they know how to manipulate the major media to achieve their desired goals.

rockwell
11-28-2007, 09:08 AM
before this started the word was out from inside the GOP that they wanted to set Huck up as the vp to Goul. I think these parties have a lot of control of the media, at the very least they know how to manipulate the major media to achieve their desired goals.

You have the cart before the horse, the media controls the government.

wsc321
11-28-2007, 05:34 PM
Huckabee is a member of the CFR...Frankly, a conspiracy by the CFR is easier to believe than all those other things, when taken in total. You have to look at the whole picture, all the indicators, to realize that the "conspiracy theory" of the CFR is the most likely scenario.

Good post - sounds reasonable to me.

hard@work
11-28-2007, 05:53 PM

IMHO

Agreed

Original_Intent
11-28-2007, 06:11 PM
Huckabee is the flavor of the month. that is all.

I picture a medieval jousting tourney, With Ron Paul at one end of the field, untouched, Rudy, Romney, and Fred being carted off the field seriously roughed up and Huckabee mounting his horse with his knees knocking.

Huckster is better amred than Ron paul's previous opponents - he has that southern smoothness of Bill Clinton and also the fact that he is a pastor makes him a darling of the Values Voters (at least their leadership)

He has plenty of chinks in his armor. He will join the scrap heap eventually.

RlxdN10sity
11-28-2007, 09:36 PM
I noticed listening to the most readilly available conservative talk shows within the last few weeks there has been a large friendly push for Huckabee. References like "Dark Horse", "Surging in the polls", "The American Underdog Story", and the like. It seems to me they are trying to offer Huckabee as the underdog, David vs. Goliath candidate in order to slow the evergrowing support for Ron Paul by handing them Huckabee, the seemingly anti-establishment candidate who will care about the people, before they have time to hear about the true hero in the race, Ron Paul. I've also noticed that Huckabee has more than once adopted Ron Paul's language in the debates. It seems to me it is an overall effort to dillute Ron Paul, both in his constitutional postitions as stated in debates and his amazing success story as the candidate that is truly of the people.

Zapparulez
11-28-2007, 10:18 PM
I read somewhere back in March that RON PAUL is the ONLY Presidential candidate from BOTH parties who is NOT a member of the CFR.

Also there has not been a President who was not a CFR member since the CFR was creating in 1920(or so?).

Sucks don't it?

MN Patriot
11-28-2007, 10:20 PM
I've tried to understand why Rush Limbaugh, Shawn Hannity, Mark Levin and the rest of the conservative talkers don't embrace Ron. Of course the Iraq War is probably the main reason, but disregarding that, he is the most consistent conservative in the field.
Even the right wing seems to be promoting the Agenda, but they make themselves out to be doing the USA a favor by "opposing" the Democrats. Sure seems like a conspiracy from both sides to marginalize Ron.

Zapparulez
11-28-2007, 10:20 PM
This is a major blow for us though. Nothing less than 10 million dollars on December 16th will do any good for the Ron Paul campaign. We will not garnish any more support than what we have now unless we break that incredible barrier.

therealjjj77
11-28-2007, 11:38 PM
I worry about RP. With all of the co-ordinated MSM attacks/suppression/spin being fired at RP, sometimes the obstacles seem so high.

I was looking at the teaparty07.com site and they only have about 21,000 people pledged to donate that day. OK, so I know for sure that there are 21,000 people who are going to vote for RP. I also know that everyone who will vote for him are not necessarily signed up here.

But let's assume that these 21,000 folks represent 10% (pick a number) of RP supporters. That translates to 210,000 real votes. Is that enough to win the GOP? What number is?

Sorry about my doom and gloom feelings here. Perhaps you folks have a better interpretation or more facts than I do.

First, let's reflect a little. Earlier this month it was 38,000+ donators. I was one of them. Now, let's add in the people who I am getting to come to the caucus with that are friends and family: 20+. (This is not including the people who I am calling in my precinct to show up.) Now, let's also consider that very few people go to the caucuses on a cold January 3rd Tuesday night. In my county, last time it was about 450 people. Now, I know I'm not the only Ron Paul supporter and I know that other RP supporters are bringing people to the caucuses. So if we each bring 30 people and there are 10 RP supporters(which is a low number) in my county(30x10=300 RP votes out of 750 attendees), that means we will have the majority of the votes. Now, let's also add in that many caucus goers are somewhat undecided so many will easily be swayed with a 2 minute, well prepared speech. This is in a county with about 95,000 people. 450/95,000 means that only about 1/211 people will attend the caucuses. If that is the case across the board, then we have a good chance at huge success.

But that doesn't really even matter. What really matters is who is going to the national convention. Have you done what is necessary so you can be a delegate for the national convention? Donating the max amount does not even come close to the amount you can give by giving your time to become a delegate from your state at the GOP national convention. There is a limited number of them and that's where the rubber meets the road.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republican_National_Convention

This is what we ought to focus on. Get in there with the majority of Ron Paul supporters and we will take home the prize.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
11-30-2007, 02:00 PM
I noticed all of the Huckabee talk as well. I just figured it was a way to not talk about Paul.

USCisCarolina
11-30-2007, 02:07 PM
Huckabee looks like Gomer Pyle.

M.Bellmore
11-30-2007, 05:13 PM
Big surpise, Hannity dumps the Ghoul and has a butt-snorkling fest with Huckabee on his radio show today. How long until he gets a big chunk on H&C?

vertesc
11-30-2007, 09:14 PM
Huckbaee IS up in the polls.

Paul is still ignored, just the same way he's always been.

And people are avoiding getting into exchanges with Paul because they learned from Giuliani's mistake. That "extraordinary statement" got Paul into the political headlines for days. IMHO Paul should go on the offensive against the rest of them, to get more of those headlines. Maybe on the integrity front: "In my 20 years as Congressman I've stood by my principles and voted against everyone else in Congress 99 million times. How many times have you shown integrity like that? How can voters trust your election promises if you have a track record of bending to the will of the party every time?"

gilliganscorner
12-01-2007, 06:35 AM
First, let's reflect a little. Earlier this month it was 38,000+ donators. I was one of them. Now, let's add in the people who I am getting to come to the caucus with that are friends and family: 20+. (This is not including the people who I am calling in my precinct to show up.) Now, let's also consider that very few people go to the caucuses on a cold January 3rd Tuesday night. In my county, last time it was about 450 people. Now, I know I'm not the only Ron Paul supporter and I know that other RP supporters are bringing people to the caucuses. So if we each bring 30 people and there are 10 RP supporters(which is a low number) in my county(30x10=300 RP votes out of 750 attendees), that means we will have the majority of the votes. Now, let's also add in that many caucus goers are somewhat undecided so many will easily be swayed with a 2 minute, well prepared speech. This is in a county with about 95,000 people. 450/95,000 means that only about 1/211 people will attend the caucuses. If that is the case across the board, then we have a good chance at huge success.

But that doesn't really even matter. What really matters is who is going to the national convention. Have you done what is necessary so you can be a delegate for the national convention? Donating the max amount does not even come close to the amount you can give by giving your time to become a delegate from your state at the GOP national convention. There is a limited number of them and that's where the rubber meets the road.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republican_National_Convention

This is what we ought to focus on. Get in there with the majority of Ron Paul supporters and we will take home the prize.

Great response and sound thinking. Unfortunately, I cannot vote for Ron Paul. Wish I could, but being Canadian is a bit of a problem in this case. Ron Paul has a tremendous number of supporters up here. I know, because I enlightened about 10 of my friends.

Kingfisher
12-01-2007, 08:22 AM
I've tried to understand why Rush Limbaugh, Shawn Hannity, Mark Levin and the rest of the conservative talkers don't embrace Ron. Of course the Iraq War is probably the main reason, but disregarding that, he is the most consistent conservative in the field.
Even the right wing seems to be promoting the Agenda, but they make themselves out to be doing the USA a favor by "opposing" the Democrats. Sure seems like a conspiracy from both sides to marginalize Ron.

Because these guys arent conservatives. They are Neocons.

Theocrat
12-01-2007, 02:35 PM
Hi Folks,

Has anyone else noticed this? It seems that MSM is co-ordinating a "divide and conquer" strategy for RP supporters.

I have seen more articles appearing these days talking about the "up and coming" challenger Mike Huckabee to the MSM favourites (Ghouliani and Romney). Take a look at this article (http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/11/28/debate.preview/index.html).

In it, they construct sentences like:

In fact, Huckabee's name is cited 6 times in this article.

Only one mention of Ron Paul, again framing him as some sort of joke.

What I do find interesting is that in all of these typical barbs being exchanged with candidates (i.e. Clinton/Barrack, Romney/Huckabee, Romney/Ghouliani etc), no one, and I mean no GOP candidate is choosing to spar with Ron Paul (other than the TV debates)....at least what MSM is reporting.

Unfortunately, this is how I see the average voter:

http://gilliganscorner.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/n575942039_452871_5652.jpg

Yes, I share your sentiments, exactly. It seemed like only a few weeks ago that Mike Huckabee was so low in the polls (except in Iowa), but now all of a sudden he has risen exponentially and almost immediately in most polls. According to one source on Huckabee's website, he is now first in Iowa, second in Texas, second in Florida, second or third in New Hampshire, and second in the nation (Rasmussen poll results).

I'm sorry, but I just don't buy that. Dr. Paul has received ten times as much as campaign contributions as Huckabee has, which I think reflects voter support significantly. Everytime Dr. Paul visits somewhere or has a rally, he has a HUGE turnout, ranging in the hundreds and thousands. So, it's not like Dr. Paul is receiving support from just "5%" of voters in the nation. It has to be more than that!

The sad part of this "Huckabee phenomenon" is that more and more Christians are being duped and seduced into believing that he is an "authentic conservative." In the last CNN/YouTube debate, Huckabee received thunderous applause for basically affirming that children of illegal immigrants should receive taxpayers' money for education benefits ("We shouldn't punish children for the sins of their parents. We're a better country than that.")! That's definitely not an authentic conservative position. If anything, I think these polls (assuming they're accurate) reflect the continuing fact that the GOP is decaying at an alarming rate, for they have forgotten the principles which once made them a great party. But, of course, we all know these polls are not reliable anyway. They're just a tool used by the mainstream media to sway the minds of American voters as they wish.

By the way, great picture! It's hilarious, but true...

Georgia Gray
12-01-2007, 06:58 PM
Pay no mind to the number who signed up at teaparty07. I didn't for 11/5 and I gave $500. There were less than 16000 then signed up.

I am not signed up for 12/16 either, but I will be contributing $1000.

Looking at the numbers, I figure Dr. Paul will take in $6 million to $8 million, but $10 million is a stretch.

An $7 0R $8 MILLION day will garner attention and lots of it.

I will do what I can to get more folks to contribute 12/16. It would be GREAT to stun them with $10 million.

rg123
12-01-2007, 09:48 PM
The PTB has chosen Rudy and his running mate will be Huckabee. I haven't researched it yet but some others have made references to paul singer (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Singer) and Rudy with
a loophole in donating through the back door with 3rd world debt. Basically the way I understand it you donate to the debt and its redirected to Rudy. Witzkeyman has a video on this I think we all need to look into it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zvLY_sBH6s

ssdded
12-01-2007, 10:12 PM
I read somewhere back in March that RON PAUL is the ONLY Presidential candidate from BOTH parties who is NOT a member of the CFR.

Also there has not been a President who was not a CFR member since the CFR was creating in 1920(or so?).

Sucks don't it?

I don't think Kucinich and Gravel are CFR members, either.

B9vot3r
12-02-2007, 03:23 AM
weeks before the st. petersburg debate took place, there was a drastic rise in the amount of headlines Huckabee was garnishing from CNN headlines. Before the debate took place, i noticed how fishy it seemed myself. then came time for the debate, and all of a sudden hes getting 1/3 of the air time and lob-ball/softie questions? Miraculously he won the 'debate'? Last time i checked there has to be a debate for a person to win one.

the transcript might as well have read as follows:

Moderator: "This next question is for Huckabee. Do you think teddybears are cute?"
Moderator: "Congressman Paul. Can you explain your contributions to nazi newspapers? and your alleged direct bloodline link to hitler himself?"

Its not just RP either. Romney got some mowdown questions, having to explain if he believes in the bible as a mormon and Giuliani with the immigration questions? (which he then dirtied Romney with as well, which doubly sucks for his image). I dont really remember Tancredo or Hunter speaking, did they even get questions besides some 'afterthought' moments? Thompson and McCain felt like the only ones not blatantly attacked by the wonderfully handpicked questions from the CNN staff.

Listening to the criticisms of the core republican base, their main gripe is that they have not seen a 'declarative' winner in the previous debates theyve seen. Building up Huckabee, sending him slam dunk or easy lay up questions during the debate, and amazing/dominating airtime translates into 'hey this guy is a real stand up leader'. Not many other people on stage even got enough time to tell a damn joke let alone RP, duncan or tancredo. No wonder the polls are jumping after the media has declared Huckabee the winner...before the debate ever started!

i suppose the original question still remains... 'why huckabee'?

reaver
12-02-2007, 04:22 AM
Its not just RP either. Romney got some mowdown questions, having to explain if he believes in the bible as a mormon and Giuliani with the immigration questions? (which he then dirtied Romney with as well, which doubly sucks for his image). I dont really remember Tancredo or Hunter speaking, did they even get questions besides some 'afterthought' moments? Thompson and McCain felt like the only ones not blatantly attacked by the wonderfully handpicked questions from the CNN staff.

Listening to the criticisms of the core republican base, their main gripe is that they have not seen a 'declarative' winner in the previous debates theyve seen.

Tancredo owned Huckabee. On the Mars mission question Mike pledged to increase tax funding to the space program (without raising taxes of course ;)).
Tancredo ended his 25 seconds w/
"This is it, folks. That's why we have such incredible problems with our debt, because everybody's trying to be everything to all people.

We can't afford some things, and by the way, going to Mars is one of them."

I happen to agree with him here.

Futurity
12-02-2007, 08:38 AM
Huckabee was supported by mass media because it was decided that he would be next corporate republican candidate for president.

ConstitutionGal
12-02-2007, 08:50 AM
Just FYI:

There are currently three candidates that are not CFR: Paul, Kucinch and Gravel. The last president that was not CFR was Regan but, once in office, all his high level cabinet department heads and advisors were CFR which is why Reagan never got around to actually doing some of the things he promised during his campaign like abolishing the Jimmy Carter created Dept. of Education.

RobertJ
12-02-2007, 09:07 AM
Bill Clinton practically moved the CFR into the whitehouse during his administration. So did Bush#2 at one point. Once they got the war started and in full effect....a lot of them fled for safer ground and left, the republican party is taking the heat for acts of this foreign agency.

To every American reading this, your country has been stolen. This is not conspiracy, it is fact. Agents of a foreign country are running the US government. If you listen to the "media" calling us kooks and other silly names, it is their way of hiding the TRUTH from you. The media is part of this foreign agency, they will do and say anything to keep their power over you.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
12-02-2007, 09:53 AM
Pay no mind to the number who signed up at teaparty07. I didn't for 11/5 and I gave $500. There were less than 16000 then signed up.

I am not signed up for 12/16 either, but I will be contributing $1000.

Same here. Well, except the 1000 part. That's too steep for me at the moment. I think 7 million is very realistic.

The free media being given to Huckabee does piss me off a little. I spoke to a few people who watched the debate that were undecided types and considering Hillary, of all people. They *can* see the way Paul is being treated. I thought it was just Paul supporters that notice things like that. It's not. They aren't happy with it, either.

So, the media can push Huckabee, and keep jabbering about McCain. They can't stop the train, though. I never thought I'd see it, but it's real.

InRonWeTrust
12-02-2007, 07:55 PM
The reason they are pushing Minister Huckabee is that the MSM knows he is not electable nationwide, and would be an easy opponent for Hillary. He appeals only to the Christian sheep, but would get slaughtered nationally because he is far too religious.

Focus Liberty
12-03-2007, 04:46 AM
http://news.aol.com/elections
another new poll went up today at aol and Rudy is winning it. please vote soon.

Midnight77
12-03-2007, 07:14 AM
http://news.aol.com/elections
another new poll went up today at aol and Rudy is winning it. please vote soon.

AOL has definitely set the poll. No doubt about it. Saw it happen last time, and here it is again.

tabish
12-03-2007, 07:14 PM
Damn that huckster guy. I don't like him. Wait till New Hampshire Primaries.

SovereignMN
12-04-2007, 04:15 PM
Just FYI:

There are currently three candidates that are not CFR: Paul, Kucinch and Gravel. The last president that was not CFR was Regan but, once in office, all his high level cabinet department heads and advisors were CFR which is why Reagan never got around to actually doing some of the things he promised during his campaign like abolishing the Jimmy Carter created Dept. of Education.

Are Tancredo and Hunter members of the CFR?

Original_Intent
12-04-2007, 04:26 PM
People have become conditioned to believe that "conspiracy" = "not true" + "crazy".

Of course conspiracies exist, all a conspiracy is are people working in a secretive manner to accomplish a goal.

People who laugh of "conspiracy nuts" are merely uninformed and have been well programmed to respond in the desired manner when being challenged by any information that does not fit their world view, a world view that has been prepackaged and downloaded to their brain via the boob tube.

When you are dealing with power of how the world is going to be run, you would have to be crazy or very poorly informed to NOT believe that there are conspiracies in abundance involved.

I did not know that Huckabee was CFR, I heard he met with them recently before his sudden rise to glory, but I didn't realize he was a member.

BTW, the password for tonight's super secret meeting is "Adam Weishaupt". ;)

Richard in Austin
12-04-2007, 07:30 PM
I was just reading about this today. Apparently (I don't know for sure), Huckabee wasn't a member of the CFR until recently. Supposedly he was invited recently, and that explains his sudden 'surge'.

Violet1776
12-04-2007, 07:58 PM
Hi - I moved to the South from CT about 10 months ago and the culture here is different. I have a friend. She is 70 and she likes Ron Paul b/c I gave her a DVD and we both want to defend the Constitution but I found out that she knows little about it and can be duped into supporting the fair tax. The more I learned about it the more I realized it was just something that was going to be worse that what we have.

After the debate, she said that "Hey Hucklebee is moving up in the polls." I am trying to get her to stop reading MSM news and to get on the internet. I had a less than thrilled response and which surprised her, so she continues. "He's a Christian isn't that great!" I told her what he said at the CNN debate about Jesus and the death penalty. "Jesus was too smart to be a politician." (This isn't direct quote, but this was his reply right?" Her reply was classic, "I don't like that response."

Unfortunately, people here buy into the Islamofacism nonsense and are simply hypnotized. If he's a Christian, we'll vote for him. They listen to the MSM and buy into the war on terror nonsense.

I live in a neighborhood of 200 homes and I am hashing out what to write in my letter to my neighbors about Ron Paul. I want to get it out on the Thursday before the TeaParty and hopefully inspire some donations.

No doubt about it.

I am firmly convinced that this will be won by door-to-door guerilla tactics, personal letters, kind, courteous and inspring with good doses of truth and reality to wake people up. Hard work people is what it's going to take to win, but it will be worth it.

gilliganscorner
12-05-2007, 01:07 PM
Wow. Ever since Huckabee spoke to the CFR, MSM keeps flogging him:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071205/ap_po/on_the2008_trail_25

CONCORD, N.H. - The New Hampshire chapter of the National Education Association, the country's largest teachers union, has endorsed Hillary Rodham Clinton and Mike Huckabee for the Democratic and Republican presidential nominations respectively, sources said Wednesday.
ADVERTISEMENT

This is the first time the 16,000-member group has endorsed a Republican candidate, despite estimates that a quarter of its members are Republicans.

The chapter's members will meet later this week to announce the Clinton endorsement. Leaders are trying to schedule another meeting to announce Huckabee's endorsement.

Huckabee, a former Arkansas governor, was the only Republican candidate to speak at the national NEA meeting in Philadelphia in July. His campaign also courted the New Hampshire chapter, and he was the only GOP candidate to meet with chapter officials, a source with the New Hampshire union said.

The group's endorsement of Clinton is not a surprise. The executive director of the union, Terry Shumaker, is a former ambassador under President Bill Clinton and chaired his primary campaigns in 1992 and 1996.

Clinton, a New York senator, gave a speech to the group's conference in March and had strong support among the appointed government relations committee.

John Edwards' presidential campaign had actively sought the endorsement. Scott McGilvray, president of the Manchester Education Association, endorsed John Edwards recently. The Manchester chapter is union's the largest affiliate in the state, and Edwards' aides had hoped it would help sway the larger body.

The New Hampshire chapter endorsed former Vermont Gov. Howard Dean unsuccessful bid for the Democratic nomination in 2004.

moostraks
12-06-2007, 11:59 AM
As a homeschooler, the one thing you don't want is a candidate supported by the NEA...ANYwhere...
As an aside at least I can remove my tinfoil hat (or don it with pride with the likes of the rest of you!!) I listen to talk radio and it is a media blackout. The only time the good doctor gets a mention is if it is a snide remark to what a nutjob he is, and they flame Paul supporters for having no class. Go Figure?!?! The latest was the guy who sat in for Glenn Beck today.He was definately pulling for Romney (at least until I tuned out. 20 minutes of that lovefest was enough for me!!!)
Have a blessed day!
Mary

Mark Mosconi
12-06-2007, 02:02 PM
I think we all know that this is an uphill battle. Whether the MSM supports Giuliani or Romney or Huckabee doesn't matter as much as the fact that they will NOT support Ron Paul. It doesn't matter who they support, because as I see it, our battle is not against any one candidate, it's against an oppressive, and very unfair system. This is not a battle that is easily won, people, but it's a battle that we must try our hardest to win regardless. I do often wonder what Ron Paul's REAL support numbers are out there. He's the only candidate who has people marching through the streets with signs and banners chanting his name, he gets huge support at rallies, very large donation drives, he wins basically every online poll on the internet, and I heard one MSM show report that in some cities, they see so many Ron Paul signs that if they didn't know better, they'd think he was a real estate agent. THERE IS SUPPORT OUT THERE. The question is, how much? I mean...we're not just living in a fantasy land. The support is VISIBLE. But it never shows up in the nationwide polls. Now I know that some of these polls are bull. I had a call from one of the pollsters that censored ron paul (I spoke of it in a different topic), but are they all like that? I guess we may not know the true support until the primaries, but the one thing I will NEVER do is stop supporting him just cuz some say he's unelectable or cuz he lacks support. That's only more reason to support him. Come December 16th, and with the help of the blimp, I hope the MSM gets a sight they'll never forget.

Andrew-Austin
12-06-2007, 02:28 PM
Corporate neocons want Hillary as Pres, which is why there lining up someone that can be easily be defeated.

gilliganscorner
12-07-2007, 06:43 AM
It's relentless.

My God, ever since Huckabee courted the CFR with his speech, the mainstream droids are constantly barraging him with attention. From this article here (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071207/ap_po/presidential_race_ap_poll).

By ALAN FRAM, Associated Press Writer Fri Dec 7, 4:16 AM ET

WASHINGTON - Mike Huckabee has vaulted from nowhere into second place in the Republican presidential race, riding a burst of support from evangelicals, Southerners and conservatives, a poll showed Friday.

The upsurge by the former Arkansas governor has come largely at the expense of Fred Thompson, according to the national survey by The Associated Press and Ipsos. Thompson has dropped after failing to galvanize the party's right-wing core as much as some had expected.

Rudy Giuliani remains the front-runner, yet while his support long has been steady it shows signs of fraying. Huckabee's growing strength in the South has come as the former New York mayor's support there has dropped, the poll found.

"Why not me?" Huckabee said in an interview Thursday. "I meet all the criteria. I'm conservative, but I think I appeal to a broader set of voters. And I think that people are also looking for someone with whom they can identify."

The poll showed Giuliani at 26 percent among Republican and GOP-leaning voters, about where he has been since spring. Huckabee has 18 percent, 8 percentage points more than in an AP-Ipsos survey a month ago.

That put Huckabee in a virtual tie for second with Arizona Sen. John McCain, who had 13 percent. Also close were Mitt Romney with 12 percent and Thompson with 11 percent.

Huckabee's ascent in the national poll echoed his upswing in Iowa, whose Jan. 3 nominating caucuses will be the first votes in the 2008 presidential campaign. A recent AP-Pew Research Center poll showed Huckabee in a virtual tie there with Romney, the former Massachusetts governor, though Huckabee trails significantly in New Hampshire and South Carolina, two other important states that vote early next year.

A Baptist minister who mixes a folksy manner with an emphasis on his faith, Huckabee now has the support of 25 percent of white evangelical voters, 23 percent of conservatives and 28 percent of Southerners, the AP-Ipsos poll found. That is a solid increase in each of those areas since November, and a lead or share of the lead in each category.

"It's his humanness. He's not like a robot," said Natosha Romine, 24, a homemaker from Dallas and Huckabee supporter interviewed in the survey. "You could tell he's been through some stuff, like he's one of us."

The Democratic race showed virtually no change nationally from last month, even though a recent AP-Pew poll showed a three-way battle in Iowa. In the new AP-Ipsos national survey, Hillary Rodham Clinton has about a 2-to-1 lead over Barack Obama, 45 percent to 23 percent, with John Edwards at 12 percent.

Just a month ago in the GOP race, Thompson was in second place with 19 percent. Along with his 8 percentage point drop in total support since then, his backing from conservatives also has fallen, though his support from evangelicals and Southerners has stayed roughly the same. In all three categories, he now trails Huckabee.

"You need to be able to have a broader based conservative coalition" than Huckabee has to win, said John McLaughlin, Thompson's pollster, who said the race remains fluid. "The question is can he broaden? The challenge to the other candidates is can we get a greater share of conservative votes."

Giuliani's national support has barely budged since spring, but his backing from Southerners has fallen since November. He now trails Huckabee in that category, and is about tied with him for conservatives and evangelicals. The AP-Pew polling showed Giuliani trailing in Iowa and New Hampshire and sharing the South Carolina lead with Thompson and Romney.

"While other candidates have gone up and down, the mayor's support has stayed steady and strong," said Giuliani spokeswoman Maria Comella.

A front-runner in the earliest contests until Huckabee caught him in Iowa, Romney has met resistance because of some voters' qualms about his Mormon religion. In a speech Thursday in College Station, Texas, Romney said while he would never abandon his religious beliefs, his church would not influence his decisions as president.

Evangelicals represent about four in 10 GOP voters nationally, according to the new AP-Ipsos survey. That makes them a crucial Republican constituency, though it also underscores why the more moderate Giuliani remains a strong contender.

Despite Huckabee's strength with evangelical voters, he has had a tougher time building support among less religious Republicans. He had the support of only 14 percent of non-evangelicals in the survey, compared to Giuliani's 31 percent.

"If he's going to be successful in the long run, he has to expand his appeal from social conservatives," said Neil Newhouse, a GOP pollster not affiliated with a presidential candidate. "If he's able to do that, he'll give anybody a run for their money."

The poll involved telephone interviews with 1,009 adults nationally and was conducted from Dec. 3-5. It had an overall margin of sampling error of plus or minus 3.1 percentage points. Included were interviews with 469 Democrats and people leaning Democratic with a margin of sampling error of plus or minus 4.5 percentage points, and 376 Republicans and GOP leaners with a margin of sampling error of plus or minus 5.1 percentage points.

Now here is a funny thing. I went to look at the poll cited in this article here (http://www.ipsos-na.com/news/client/act_dsp_pdf.cfm?name=mr071206-2topline.pdf&id=3750)(PDF format).

In this poll it states:

Interview dates: December, 3-5, 2007
Interviews: 1,009 adults; 790 registered voters
469 Democrats/Lean Democrat; 376 Republican /Lean Republican
Margin of error: +3.1 for all adults; +3.5 for registered voters;
+4.5 for Democrats; +5.1 for Republicans

Note: 1,009 adults.

Further, they state that 469 people are Democrats or lean towards Democrats, and the other 376 people are Republican. This is a total of 845 people they have pigeonholed. I assume the "margin of error" they state above would account for the missing 164 people (1009-845=164). Why? Did they vote Ron Paul? ;-)

Note that, for the first time in these poll series, they actually included Ron Paul.

Derek Johnson
12-07-2007, 06:55 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6cuy-6bMKQ

pacelli
12-07-2007, 07:00 AM
Wow. Ever since Huckabee spoke to the CFR, MSM keeps flogging him:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071205/ap_po/on_the2008_trail_25

I didn't see anything about Huckabee speaking to the Council on Foreign Relations in that link. I think you are a conspiracy theorist.. ;) oh wait a minute, Huckabee's busted:

"Former Governor Mike Huckabee's September 28, 2007 speech on foreign policy, delivered at the Center for Strategic and International Studies in Washington, D.C."

htt p://www.cfr.org/publication/14335/mike_huckabees_speech_on_foreign_policy.html

PS- good link here of the candidates at the CFR:

ht tp://www.cfr.org/campaign2008/meetings.html

gilliganscorner
12-07-2007, 09:38 AM
I know it is old news but sheesh:

Huckabee surges in the polls = Widespread Media Coverage
Ron Paul surges in the polls = crickets chirping.

I am Canadian. I was driving into work this morning and CBC had a blurb on the GOP primaries and all they did was babble on about the media fabricated (those are my words ... not theirs) Huckabee surge in popularity.

I listen to CBC radio every morning. They don't usually report on GOP news, but man, RP makes 4.3 million on November 5th, I specifically set my radio on the way to work, what do I hear? Nada.

Just FYI, CBC is a bit better than most MSM up here in Canada as they are partially funded by the gov't. They run some damn good documentaries (i.e. The Corporation, Why we fight, Michael Moore flicks, Loose Change etc etc) whereas our corporate mainstream media only runs the pablum similar to Fox.

Really irritates me. :mad:

AisA1787
12-07-2007, 10:19 AM
THERE IS SUPPORT OUT THERE. The question is, how much?

Here's my take on it -- take NH for example. In telephone polls, where 95% of the people they call say they're going to actually go to the polls and vote on primary day, Paul has 8% support. Given that only about 10 to 15% of those people will actually saddle up and go vote (whereas I'm guessing 80% to 90% of Ron Paul supporters will take time out of their busy lives to vote) I'm thinking that Paul is going to surprise some people come January 8th. He will get much more than 8%. And that's not counting the fact that lots of those polls only call people who voted Republican in the last election cycle.

huchahucha
12-07-2007, 10:41 AM
The reason they are pushing Minister Huckabee is that the MSM knows he is not electable nationwide, and would be an easy opponent for Hillary. He appeals only to the Christian sheep, but would get slaughtered nationally because he is far too religious.

Ding Ding Ding Ding - We have a winner!

If Huckabee gets the nomination he will get TROUNCED by the democrats. The media is kissing his ass right now, but they are also researching every dirty little secret he has. I believe Huckabee really is probably a God fearing, clean living man. That means all those dirty little secrets are going to be policy based from when he was Governor, and he is going to end up looking like a total jackass.