PDA

View Full Version : Blimps work!!! Add this info to ronpaulblimp.com please

RonPaulCult
11-28-2007, 06:01 AM
I posted this info in the main forum but for you die-hard blimp lovers I thought you'd like to see it too:

From the goodyear blimp website:

What does Goodyear get in return for such an investment in the blimps?

The end result is corporate-name recognition and goodwill. Independent research has demonstrated that people are excited by seeing the blimp and are able to remember exactly when and where they saw it. Over sixty million Americans get a first-hand look at the three U.S. blimps every year, and millions more see the airships in South America and throughout the world via global network connections. The Goodyear blimps may be the best-known corporation symbol in the United States.

I would like some political-name recognition and goodwill for Ron Paul how about you?

I found this info online today also:

Research reveals that statistics on the aerial effectiveness of blimps in quite impressive. Here are just a few examples:

1. In 1984, Fuji Film drove their market share from 7 % to 22% in only a 2-month period as a result of their aerial advertising campaign covering the 1984 Olympic games in Los Angeles.

The campaign was so successful that Fuji is still using BLIMP advertising today - 20 years later!

2. In 1992, Kraft increased its sales by 87% in Germany alone during the Kraft Blimp promotion tour.

3. Studies indicate that in a typical city of about 1 million people, during a 5-day flight period, 65% recall the message presented on the airship

With that kind of success rate the obvious question is: Why isn't everyone using airship advertising?

The even more obvious answer is: COST.

Full sized airships cost several million dollars to purchase and several hundred thousand dollars per month to operate and typically have crews of 20 to 40 people.

The average cost to an advertiser on the world's pre*eminent airship, The Goodyear Blimp, is upwards of $400,000 per night for lighted pixel board advertising!

Bob Weinstein, Director of Advertising for Metropolitan Life says: "The cost of running the blimp for a whole month is equal to the cost of just one or two prime time commercials."

He still thinks that's a bargain even though one prime time commercial can cost well over $300,000!

What will our blimp do for the poll numbers? The sky is the limit as they say...

RonPaulCult
11-29-2007, 02:56 PM
I hate to bump myself but I think this is important info for people to read if they are not sure if it's a good idea to donate to the blimp.

And um - nobody is reading this thread so....

blimp bump

troyd1
11-29-2007, 03:49 PM
Nice info! This year instead of Santa, people will be looking for the Ron Paul blimp on Christmas eve!

mosquitobite
11-29-2007, 03:58 PM
Cool! :D

Any word on what date it starts? Dec 1?

american.swan
11-29-2007, 06:07 PM
I hate to bump myself but I think this is important info for people to read if they are not sure if it's a good idea to donate to the blimp.

And um - nobody is reading this thread so....

blimp bump

Great statistics. I thought the novelty would be cool, but the statistics makes this a great idea. We need to use it wisely so to maximize votes.