PDA

View Full Version : Missouri About To Nullify Federal Gun Laws?!?

Matt Collins
08-29-2013, 10:31 AM
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/29/us/missouri-gun-measure-pushes-nullification-boundary.html?ref=us&_r=1&

FSP-Rebel
08-29-2013, 10:46 AM
https://twitter.com/8Atlas2/status/373124262355152896

WM_in_MO
08-29-2013, 11:31 AM
There it is. Right there in the article. They say nuLlification has historically been used by civil rights opponents.

Nullifiers are racist.

ManOfSteel
08-29-2013, 11:41 AM
"another provision of the measure, which makes it a crime to publish the name of any gun owner, violates the First Amendment"

Pretty sad that in standing up for the Second Amendment they're willing to violate the First.

Acala
08-29-2013, 11:45 AM
"another provision of the measure, which makes it a crime to publish the name of any gun owner, violates the First Amendment"

Pretty sad that in standing up for the Second Amendment they're willing to violate the First.

They should just make it a crime for GOVERNMENT to publish the names.

Acala
08-29-2013, 11:48 AM
I wish they would stop trying to make the acts of the Federal agents a crime. That is not going to work. Yet. Just prohibit any STATE officers from assisting or any State resources from be used. As a practical matter, that would kill the program. Note they mention in the article the "successful" joint operation. You could easily put an end to that and nobody could question the legality of the measure.

Without local law enforcement, courts, and lawyers, the Feds would have a very tough time doing much of anything.

pcosmar
08-29-2013, 12:10 PM

I think it is to prevent the publication of addresses of registered Gun owners as some papers have done.

I think a better solution is to do away with any and all registration (or permits) of guns.. to prevent this abuse.

With no lists of owners or of Concealed permit holders,, there would be nothing to publish.

Of course,,this would require the elimination of FFL Dealers from the state.

Matt Collins
08-29-2013, 03:43 PM
I wish they would stop trying to make the acts of the Federal agents a crime. That is not going to work. Yet. Just prohibit any STATE officers from assisting or any State resources from be used. As a practical matter, that would kill the program. Note they mention in the article the "successful" joint operation. You could easily put an end to that and nobody could question the legality of the measure. Not true.

The point of making it a crime, specifically a felony with 366 days in prison, is that the federal agents then become convicted felons and lose their rights to keep and bear arms.

If it isn't a crime, then the Feds will just do it anyway on a few cases enough to scare people into submission, you know, make examples out of people.