PDA

View Full Version : Bald Eagle Crashes Into Window as Crowd Chants 'USA! USA!'

donnay
08-29-2013, 09:50 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhITpTtG888&feature=player_embedded#t=0

Source:
http://gawker.com/bald-eagle-crashes-into-window-as-crowd-chants-usa-us-1216413636?utm_campaign=socialflow_gawker_twitter&utm_source=gawker_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

Oh the irony!

jllundqu
08-29-2013, 09:51 AM
MURICA!!!!!!!!

:crash:

asurfaholic
08-29-2013, 10:01 AM
What the heck. So irony is ironic, but why do some people have to take every opportunity to bash religious beliefs?

People like that must have deep rooted personal insecurities.

Czolgosz
08-29-2013, 10:02 AM
Feel sorry for the bird, but nonetheless.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121205194059/simpsons/images/e/e9/Nelson_Ha-Ha.jpg

donnay
08-29-2013, 10:04 AM
What the heck. So irony is ironic, but why do some people have to take every opportunity to bash religious beliefs?

I am not bashing religious beliefs. I posted this because of the fact that as the crowd started to chant, "USA! USA!" the symbol of Freedom in this country, crashes and falls.

Czolgosz
08-29-2013, 10:05 AM
I am not bashing religious beliefs. I posted this because of the fact that as the crowd started to chant, "USA! USA!" the symbol of Freedom in this country, crashes and falls.

I think that's clear to most people, myself included.

jclay2
08-29-2013, 10:06 AM
My sister in law is a sophomore there. Will have to ask her about this? lolz

asurfaholic
08-29-2013, 10:09 AM

I didnt say you are... Did you read the article's text, and worse yet, the comments?

But, yes, there are some here on RPF who love nothing more than to insult those people who have a spiritual conviction. Deep seated insecurities keep them from just accepting others who believe in a god or whatever.

aGameOfThrones
08-29-2013, 10:23 AM
http://i.imgur.com/Cd5h1.gif

donnay
08-29-2013, 10:24 AM
I didnt say you are... Did you read the article's text, and worse yet, the comments?

But, yes, there are some here on RPF who love nothing more than to insult those people who have a spiritual conviction. Deep seated insecurities keep them from just accepting others who believe in a god or whatever.

Oh okay, I understand what you're saying. Yes, the article and comments are quite idiotic. The irony went right over most of their heads, nevertheless.

PaulConventionWV
08-29-2013, 10:28 AM

Religious beliefs? I don't get it. Where were religious beliefs invoked in this conversation?

Never mind. I see now. You're right, the religion-bashing was uncalled for. He just had to make that jab because of the obvious opportunity. What's more, it doesn't even have anything to do with the story. The eagle is a symbol of the nation, not the Christian religion. There are a million ways one could interpret the phrase "become eagles for Christ", and that writer did not have to go that direction just to bash Christianity. That alone makes it a very unprofessional article.

dannno
08-29-2013, 10:33 AM
Religious beliefs? I don't get it. Where were religious beliefs invoked in this conversation?

I think it's a religious university and this crap was going on inside the church and it had to do with some religious ceremony that was tied to patriotism.

That's actually a good time to bash religion, or at least make fun of the silly portion of religion, however far you think that extends.

jkr
08-29-2013, 10:34 AM
and they took away that dudes PET raccoon...IDIOTS

Thor
08-29-2013, 10:57 AM

The irony is even deeper... It is a PERFECT representation of the fact that we THINK we are free, just like that eagle might have thought that for a brief moment... but we are really captive in an enclosure and if we try and get out will smash into the glass wall and be stunned (or killed), just like the eagle.

And Americans, by and large, are nothing more than a bunch of monkeys in a cage, flinging poop at each other, screaming "USA!"

It is a perfect video clip of what America is today on many levels...

Dr.3D
08-29-2013, 10:58 AM
and they took away that dudes PET raccoon...IDIOTS
I understand it's illegal to even own a feather from one of those birds. I'd like to know how they managed to dodge the law and have an entire bird in their possession.

cajuncocoa
08-29-2013, 11:02 AM
*smh*

Cissy
08-29-2013, 11:02 AM
Irony. In a chapel built to honor and worship Christ, they honor and worship a Nation. Small wonder that the eagle is shocked and disoriented.

Matthew5
08-29-2013, 11:07 AM
Mmmm, irony.

donnay
08-29-2013, 11:09 AM
The irony is even deeper... It is a PERFECT representation of the fact that we THINK we are free, just like that eagle might have thought that for a brief moment... but we are really captive in an enclosure and if we try and get out will smash into the glass wall and be stunned (or killed), just like the eagle.

And Americans, by and large, are nothing more than a bunch of monkeys in a cage, flinging poop at each other, screaming "USA!"

It is a perfect video clip of what America is today on many levels...

Great points! +rep

Cleaner44
08-29-2013, 11:20 AM

Insecure much? What religion is it that you see the bald eagle representing and being bashed?

green73
08-29-2013, 11:43 AM
I say bash them, the blasphemers.

asurfaholic
08-29-2013, 11:44 AM
Insecure much? What religion is it that you see the bald eagle representing and being bashed?

Edit read the article again, and now I just don't know if I understand the last paragraph. I could be wrong in my initial assessment.

pacelli
08-29-2013, 11:46 AM
Poor bird must have been terrified.

DamianTV
08-29-2013, 02:42 PM
MURICA!!!!!!!!

:crash:

Perfect!

pcosmar
08-29-2013, 02:57 PM
I understand it's illegal to even own a feather from one of those birds. I'd like to know how they managed to dodge the law and have an entire bird in their possession.
I wonder who the idiot was that thought that was a good idea.

Sad for the bird. :(

Dr.3D
08-29-2013, 02:59 PM
I wonder who the idiot was that thought that was a good idea.

Sad for the bird. :(
That could have been a disaster for the bird as it could have broken it's neck.

pcosmar
08-29-2013, 03:03 PM
That could have been a disaster for the bird as it could have broken it's neck.

Yeah,, I finally read the article.. "a Professional Handler"

That explains some..

alucard13mm
08-29-2013, 03:16 PM
Blind patriotism is our worse enemy aside from corrupt government. Blind patriotism is worse when in crowds. I just scoff at the people chanting usa usa. If only they knew what some people know about the horrid of our government. Just like people that supported nazis.

I bet people who have blind patriotism will be the first ones to turn liberty people into the authorities >.>