PDA

View Full Version : Steve Deace

xkrazy201x
08-28-2013, 07:06 PM
I'm not sure if anyone else here has heard of Steve Deace. He's a Christian Libertarian that has fairly good understanding and perspective on politics and religion. His podcast is a breath of fresh air if you're not a big fan of Glenn Beck or Alex Jones. I often found myself listening to videos and reading articles from Beck and Jones while at the same time not sitting comfortably with their entire worldview. So to me Steve Deace is a good alternative. I'm not entirely sure what his belief regarding how the eschaton might unfold, but from what I gather he's not openly enamored with Israel as most dispensationalist may come across; however, I could be wrong on this since I've only recently caught wind of his program.

In this recent podcast he weighs in on the current situation unfolding in Syria:

http://stevedeace.com/headline/deace-podcast-08-27-13/

lib3rtarian
08-28-2013, 07:19 PM
Yes, RPF knows Steve Deace pretty well alright, and he is no libertarian. He is a social conservative through and through and so naturally endorsed Newt "3 wives" Gingrich in 2012. He has come our way a little bit since then, but right now is enamored with Cruz over Rand.

xkrazy201x
08-28-2013, 07:35 PM
You might be right on him being a social conservative. I know the feeling of moving towards a more sound political philosophy as well, so at the least I would agree that's a good sign. One of his contentions with Rand Paul has to do with his endorsement to Mitch McConnell reelection. Besides that, I find it more compelling that he has a Christian worldview.

Christian Liberty
08-28-2013, 07:36 PM
Deace is a social conservative. I like him but he's dead wrong on Ted Cruz. That may be just because his foreign policy convictions aren't the same as mine.