PDA

View Full Version : How is the blimp going to be effective?

davidhperry
11-28-2007, 04:21 AM
I'm not a hater, I'm just curious to know how this is going to play out. What kind of exposure will it receive and how do the costs compare with the advertising methods? Since the goal is to get the word out, it seems like a painfully expensive way to do that. Granted, I think it's a really cool idea. I'm just having trouble seeing how it's worth spending $350,000.

A blimp is a flying billboard and people have to see view billboards numerous times before the message will sink in.

Primbs
11-28-2007, 04:53 AM
They will see the blimp for several hours as it flies overhead. More importantly will be all the news reports and live events.

FreeTraveler
11-28-2007, 05:04 AM
Also, a blimp is pretty good proof that Ron Paul's support is more than three guys in a basement wearing tin-foil hats.

cliche
11-28-2007, 05:17 AM
It's fun

CelestialRender
11-28-2007, 07:42 AM
It's retail politics en masse. Anyone who sees it will feel something akin to the door-to-door campaining early primary states expect...except it will be from a few thousand feet up.

Maybe it's just me, but having lived in the country I know that every time a plane passed over, everyone stopped to watch. You can't buy better name recognition IMO.

James R
11-28-2007, 08:02 AM
I'm not a hater, I'm just curious to know how this is going to play out. What kind of exposure will it receive and how do the costs compare with the advertising methods? Since the goal is to get the word out, it seems like a painfully expensive way to do that. Granted, I think it's a really cool idea. I'm just having trouble seeing how it's worth spending $350,000.

A blimp is a flying billboard and people have to see view billboards numerous times before the message will sink in.

The people who plan this told me yesterday that they are still in the process of getting the answers. The bottom line is that they jumped the gun early and are doing the fact-finding after the fact. Hopefully in the future these guys will do fact-finding before the fact. And by fact I mean campaign ideas like a blimp.

ronpaulblogsdotcom
11-28-2007, 09:01 AM
If you dont like it come up with your own idea and do it.

In fact do that even if you do like the blimp idea...Get an idea or borrow one and do it.

davidhperry
11-28-2007, 09:39 AM
The people who plan this told me yesterday that they are still in the process of getting the answers. The bottom line is that they jumped the gun early and are doing the fact-finding after the fact. Hopefully in the future these guys will do fact-finding before the fact. And by fact I mean campaign ideas like a blimp.

That's my impression as well. As I said, I'm not trying to shoot the idea down (no pun intended). It's just that that much money could be spent on other things that we know would be effective for the campaign and I'm not convinced that this is a good use of the resources. I guess we'll wait to see what kind of info they come up with.

jumpyg1258
11-28-2007, 09:47 AM
Two things that are important.

1. Name recognition. There are still some peeps that do not know who RP is.

2. Its never been done before. People will be wowed and might talk about what they saw in the skies which will include RP in conversations.

qwerty
11-28-2007, 10:12 AM
I trust this idea, cause itīs UNIQUE!

People will remember the name which flies over their heads and since itīs unique way to promote a candidate, it will also get news coverage...