PDA

View Full Version : If you think Tucker is a plant, watch Bill Maher #111

devil21
11-28-2007, 03:53 AM
There was a lot of crap thrown at Tucker for his first mention of Ron Paul on Bill Maher and even more crap thrown lately. I re-watched the ENTIRE episode of Real Time with Bill Maher (#111) and Tucker is 100% behind Ron Paul.

(if you have digital cable and HBO you can watch this episode on HBO On Demand under HBO series.)

James R
11-28-2007, 04:03 AM
Why would he solicit endorsements from brothels?

DJ RP
11-28-2007, 04:06 AM
He was in nevada. In nevada that might be a good endorsement *shrug*

I'm pretty wary of tucker personally

Taco John
11-28-2007, 06:13 AM
Then why is he doing Huckabee's dirty work?

Screw Tucker...

Geronimo
11-28-2007, 06:16 AM
Tucker and Hof showed up too late, and missed Ron's speech.
Odd that Hof decided to endorse Ron without even hearing him speak.

AlexMerced
11-28-2007, 06:21 AM
Yeah, and on the morning Joe, it was almost a big inside joke about how Diehard a supporter tucket was

Hofs endorsement makes sense, whether you like it or not, a Ron Paul presidency is in his bet interest... well everyones best interest.

Taco John
11-28-2007, 06:28 AM
Hofs endorsement makes sense, whether you like it or not, a Ron Paul presidency is in his bet interest... well everyones best interest.

That's not the point. The point is that Tucker went OUT OF HIS WAY to find a brothel owner, drag out some girls, and drive them over to the campaign stop. Think about that. Do you think Tucker is really friends with this brothel owner? Like he's got a long standing relationship with him, enough to just drop into town and figure, "what the hell, give my buddy Hof a call and drag him out to the Ron Paul stop."

Come on... None of the candidates can get any smear on Paul, so Tucker is doing their dirty work by going after the message. He is a plant.

Either that, or he's out there editorializing on his own by creating this media spectacle. Whatever he's doing it was a smear. The message he's sending is loud and clear: a vote for Ron Paul is a vote for Hof. Ron Paul the Fringe Candidate.

CelestialRender
11-28-2007, 06:41 AM
I disagree. I think Tucker's on our side.

As long as we view pointing RP's ideas out a smear, we're still buying into the MSM BS. We need to be using this campaign as a platform to explain the small government mind-set, rather than trying to hide it from the public's eye.

robert4rp08
11-28-2007, 06:44 AM
Still on this? Who cares? It made headline news...

dirknb@hotmail.com
11-28-2007, 07:02 AM
Still on this? Who cares? It made headline news...

I agree!

familydog
11-28-2007, 07:08 AM
Actually, as someone who has watched Tucker since he started on MSNBC, he has had previous contact with that Hof guy. Whether they are good friends is beyond me, but he has mentioned him for years.

speciallyblend
11-28-2007, 07:11 AM
tucker is a useless shill,he is no ron paul supporter,he is a twerp can i say that

garyallen59
11-28-2007, 07:16 AM
wrong

robofx
11-28-2007, 07:40 AM
I disagree. I think Tucker's on our side.

As long as we view pointing RP's ideas out a smear, we're still buying into the MSM BS. We need to be using this campaign as a platform to explain the small government mind-set, rather than trying to hide it from the public's eye.

EXACTLY. Why do Ron Paul supporters find his message SO DISTASTEFUL?

Why can't they just tell it like it is: hey, fedgov's too dam big. Its tentacles are EVERYWHERE.

It's none of fedgov's business if some guy wants to bang some hooker out in the desert.

It's none of fedgov's business if some junkie wants to inject heroin into their veins.

It's none of fedgov's business if some little black kid in the ghetto doesn't have health insurance.

It's none of fedgov's business if I MAKE MONEY AND WANT TO INVEST IT ALL IN A SHRIMP FARM IN THAILAND. ALL OF IT. 100% OF IT. Rather than in some government-run ponzi scheme.

THIS is the message of Ron Paul. THIS is the message of the US Constitution: Government staying the FUCK out of peoples' lives and the FUCK off our dam backs.

Why sugar-coat that message? WHY do Ron Paul supporters feel so squeemish to just send that message - unfiltered, unflavored, unadorned. Why?

TheNewYorker
11-28-2007, 07:45 AM
That's not the point. The point is that Tucker went OUT OF HIS WAY to find a brothel owner, drag out some girls, and drive them over to the campaign stop. Think about that. Do you think Tucker is really friends with this brothel owner? Like he's got a long standing relationship with him, enough to just drop into town and figure, "what the hell, give my buddy Hof a call and drag him out to the Ron Paul stop."

Come on... None of the candidates can get any smear on Paul, so Tucker is doing their dirty work by going after the message. He is a plant.

Either that, or he's out there editorializing on his own by creating this media spectacle. Whatever he's doing it was a smear. The message he's sending is loud and clear: a vote for Ron Paul is a vote for Hof. Ron Paul the Fringe Candidate.

Actually Hof is a pretty well known celebrity. He owns the most expensive brothel in Nevada, many celebrities are known to go to it and pay thousands for sex. I mean, pretty well-known celebrities too! It's the location of a hit-show on HBO to boot.

I wouldn't be surprised if Tucker himself is a regular customer.

I honestly think Tucker is just an idiot and thought getting his endorsement would be a good thing.

NinjaPirate
11-28-2007, 07:58 AM
It shouldn't matter either way if a brothel owner supports Ron Paul or not. Prostitution is a state issue, not a federal one. The only state that I'm aware of that supports prostitution is Nevada.

We need to educate people on this issue if they don't already know this.

Edit: And why everyone is still bashing Tucker? He just wonders if people are supporting Ron Paul for the RIGHT reasons, not just because of a few key support issues (i.e., the Iraq war). He's right in his assumption that people who vote for him may not like him because they're so dependent on the system. People are no longer used to biting the bullet when they screw up.

thatnerdyguy
11-28-2007, 08:12 AM

Or maybe, just MAYBE, Tucker isn't as much of a Fuddy-duddy as the rest of this nation (and apparently a lot of this forum), and saw NOTHING WRONG with taking a friend, who happened to own a brothel, to see his favorite presidential candidate speak.

I think the real question is not what Tucker did, but what AP shill wrote the original story. Who ACTUALLY publicized the "endorsement"?

NinjaPirate
11-28-2007, 08:22 AM
Or maybe, just MAYBE, Tucker isn't as much of a Fuddy-duddy as the rest of this nation (and apparently a lot of this forum), and saw NOTHING WRONG with taking a friend, who happened to own a brothel, to see his favorite presidential candidate speak.

I think the real question is not what Tucker did, but what AP shill wrote the original story. Who ACTUALLY publicized the "endorsement"?

Good point.

Question_Authority
11-28-2007, 08:26 AM

Why can't they just tell it like it is: hey, fedgov's too dam big. Its tentacles are EVERYWHERE.

It's none of fedgov's business if some guy wants to bang some hooker out in the desert.

It's none of fedgov's business if some junkie wants to inject heroin into their veins.

It's none of fedgov's business if some little black kid in the ghetto doesn't have health insurance.

It's none of fedgov's business if I MAKE MONEY AND WANT TO INVEST IT ALL IN A SHRIMP FARM IN THAILAND. ALL OF IT. 100% OF IT. Rather than in some government-run ponzi scheme.

THIS is the message of Ron Paul. THIS is the message of the US Constitution: Government staying the FUCK out of peoples' lives and the FUCK off our dam backs.

Why sugar-coat that message? WHY do Ron Paul supporters feel so squeemish to just send that message - unfiltered, unflavored, unadorned. Why?

FINE! But why did Tucker do it without asking Ron Paul himself if he would be comfortable with a pimp and 2 hookers pulling up in a limo at HIS PRESS CONFERENCE???????? That is the major issue here ! Tucker KNEW it would be a spectacle!

ladyliberty
11-28-2007, 08:27 AM

What I want to know was what was Tucker doing at a brothel in the first place? What is Tucker's association with these people? Was he just there on lark, or was he there as a customer and happened to mention Ron Paul as he was paying his bill or something?

Question_Authority
11-28-2007, 08:27 AM
It shouldn't matter either way if a brothel owner supports Ron Paul or not. Prostitution is a state issue, not a federal one.

Maybe it SHOULDN'T MATTER. But it DOES.

Why are you people so damn naive??? Presidents DO NOT GET ELECTED being known as the "prostitution president".

Jesus, people, wake up and smell the coffee. This country is not as enlightened as YOU.

ladyliberty
11-28-2007, 08:29 AM

wow - such masterful use of the English language - NOT! :mad:

allyinoh
11-28-2007, 08:32 AM
I honestly don't believe that everyone is against us. I agree that we don't get much play in the MSM, but not every single person who is in the MSM is against us.

I have watched Tucker before and he's always said things about Ron Paul even back in the begining when this was all new.

allyinoh
11-28-2007, 08:34 AM

Why are you people so damn naive??? Presidents DO NOT GET ELECTED being known as the "prostitution president".

Jesus, people, wake up and smell the coffee. This country is not as enlightened as YOU.

I don't think it's being naive. I think it's about being able to deflect it efficiently. We are going to have all kinds of things thrown against us and we know what were up against but it's not about being naive.

You just have to know what to say to get people to understand why that's not an important issue.

RPTXState
11-28-2007, 08:38 AM
Political Commentators/Talk Show Hosts/Political Analysts are NOT supposed to endorse specific candidates. Tucker would be putting is job on the line if he did nothing but talk about how great Ron Paul is.

Be glad he is even mentioning Paul.

Mortikhi
11-28-2007, 08:40 AM
If Tucker isn't a plant, then he must have fertilizer for brains.

Highstreet
11-28-2007, 08:43 AM

I think Tucker's pretty smart in the Marketting biz. The whole interview with Morning Joe went really well. Things like that, and the articles in the AP don't happen unless you are making some "news".

No news is bad news. They will have a hard time making anything stick to Paul. He is pretty clean, that's why I like him.

He sticks to his guns about "accepting everyone, and being Inclusive" and it's their "free speech" to support him even if he doesn't endorse their behavior and they won't be able to paint it in a bad way. Being inclusive and being a "Big Tent" party is the only thing that's going to win us this election.

NinjaPirate
11-28-2007, 08:44 AM

No, it's not being naive. They really can't tag Dr. Paul as being a prostitution supporter because, Bush Jr., Clinton, Bush Sr., Regean, Carter, et. al, never enforced federal legislation banning prostitution. And just because they haven't, doesn't mean they support it. It's almost like the pot calling the kettle black.

idiom
11-28-2007, 08:46 AM

Part of the idea of Ron Paul is to enlighten the country. We only have to enlighten 25% or so of voting republicans now, then we have a whole year to enlighten ~50% of voting Americans and then 4 whole years to sort everybody out.

Then hopefully by the next election, every candidate will know what the constitution is and it won't be some sort of revolutionary platform anymore.

robofx
11-28-2007, 09:29 AM

wow - such masterful use of the English language - NOT! :mad:

That's all you got out of my post? All you can do is insult me for my use of verbage? You have no opinion regarding my actual *message*? :confused:

mconder
11-28-2007, 09:38 AM

His MO is providing what he thinks will be good entertainment, not promoting freedom.