PDA

View Full Version : Steve Lonegan fail

givemeliberty2010
08-28-2013, 10:23 AM
If what is reported in this (http://www.politico.com/story/2013/08/steve-lonegan-cory-booker-new-jersey-senate-race-95984.html?hp=r1) Politico article is true, Steve Lonegan just lost my support, not that it would have helped him anyway. There is nothing "weird" about Cory Booker's comments, and the fact that Lonegan even took issue with the comment is disturbing.

specsaregood
08-28-2013, 10:26 AM
//

TaftFan
08-28-2013, 02:17 PM
Seemed weird to me.

Valli6
08-28-2013, 03:39 PM
It is weird.
Booker wants gay people to think he must be gay so they'll vote for him, while letting the black community that put him in office believe he's straight - so they'll vote for him.

specsaregood
08-28-2013, 03:42 PM
It is weird.
Booker wants gay people to think he must be gay so they'll vote for him, while letting the black community that put him in office believe he's straight - so they'll vote for him.

The times I was in Newark, I did not see a plethora of 24hour nail salons. If you are going out somewhere at 3am, its not to get your nails polished but rather to get your knob waxed. The gender of the waxer....well I don't know about that. on his wiki page it says:

Named in 2013 as one of Town & Country’’s "Top 40 Bachelors", Booker has never been married.[106] In a column in a college paper, Booker admitted regretfully that as a teenager he had "hated gays", which prompted speculation if he himself is gay.[107] When asked, his spokesperson refused to comment on the matter.[108] On his 2013 Senate campaign, when asked if he is gay Booker announced he would refuse to answer, insisting "what does it matter if I am?" and that he would focus his campaign on major issues.[109]

I don't care if he is gay; but I do care if he is a closeted gay. That's a security risk due to blackmail, the perfect NSA backed candidate.

jj-
08-28-2013, 03:59 PM
A Steve Lonegan victory would be way too good to be true. His balls are ten times bigger than Ted Cruz's, the man with the biggest balls in the Senate.

Valli6
08-28-2013, 04:30 PM
The times I was in Newark, I did not see a plethora of 24hour nail salons. If you are going out somewhere at 3am, its not to get your nails polished but rather to get your knob waxed. The gender of the waxer....well I don't know about that.

Well yeah, Lonegan bringing up manicures & pedicures is also kind of weird. I have no idea what this twitter story is that he was referring to. He needs to stick to the issues and not bring up gossip or try to be witty. He's coming off as kind of nasty.

(It seems to me that there's a nail salon on every block in NJ, though I'm not aware of any 24 hour ones. Then again NYC is right across the river...)

Hyperion
08-28-2013, 06:51 PM
It is weird.

Amen. It's very strange and I totally approve of Mr. Lonegan's statement.

givemeliberty2010
08-31-2013, 06:54 AM
It is weird.
Booker wants gay people to think he must be gay so they'll vote for him, while letting the black community that put him in office believe he's straight - so they'll vote for him.No, Booker also reaffirmed that he is straight. He described (http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/new-jerseys-cory-booker-a-perfect-senator-for-this-town/2013/08/26/ebf3b50a-0e81-11e3-bdf6-e4fc677d94a1_story_3.html) his dating in the term of "young ladies." I guess that would still include the possibility of his bisexuality, but it doesn't matter. What he was obviously trying to say is that the rumors that he is gay are connected to homophobia. That's why he related the rumors to homophobia. He thinks people are trying to equate being gay to being a bad candidate. I have no idea if that is the real source of these rumors, but what he said makes perfect sense in that regard.

See Booker's reply to Lonegan here (http://www.politico.com/story/2013/08/cory-booker-new-jersey-senate-2013-sexual-orientation-96067.html). I like what he said: "“And so here we have an opponent that is trying to say god-awful things, literally saying, ‘Well, I believe a guy should be a guy,’ almost like saying that you are not a man, you are not a man if you’re gay. I mean, that is so extreme, let’s shine lights on that for a second.”

TER
08-31-2013, 09:30 AM
No, Booker also reaffirmed that he is straight. He described (http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/new-jerseys-cory-booker-a-perfect-senator-for-this-town/2013/08/26/ebf3b50a-0e81-11e3-bdf6-e4fc677d94a1_story_3.html) his dating in the term of "young ladies." I guess that would still include the possibility of his bisexuality, but it doesn't matter. What he was obviously trying to say is that the rumors that he is gay are connected to homophobia. That's why he related the rumors to homophobia. He thinks people are trying to equate being gay to being a bad candidate. I have no idea if that is the real source of these rumors, but what he said makes perfect sense in that regard.

See Booker's reply to Lonegan here (http://www.politico.com/story/2013/08/cory-booker-new-jersey-senate-2013-sexual-orientation-96067.html). I like what he said: "“And so here we have an opponent that is trying to say god-awful things, literally saying, ‘Well, I believe a guy should be a guy,’ almost like saying that you are not a man, you are not a man if you’re gay. I mean, that is so extreme, let’s shine lights on that for a second.”

I'm not quite following you. It is extreme now to think that a guy should like to do what guys do and should be attracted only to females and not want anal intercourse with other men? Wow. You are making the case to vote for Lonegan even more stronger. You and Booker are the ones saying god-awful extreme things.

specsaregood
08-31-2013, 10:02 AM
You and Booker are the ones saying god-awful extreme things.

How about the news that Booker completely made up a character to talk about, as if he was real for his stump speeches.
http://nationalreview.com/article/357064/cory-bookers-imaginary-friend-eliana-johnson

The T-Bone tale never sat right with Rutgers University history professor Clement Price, a Booker supporter who tells National Review Online he found the mayor’s story offensive because it “pandered to a stereotype of inner-city black men.” T-Bone, Price says, “is a southern-inflected name. You would expect to run into something or somebody named T-Bone in Memphis, not Newark.”

Price considers himself a mentor and friend to Booker and says Booker conceded to him in 2008 that T-Bone was a “composite” of several people he’d met while living in Newark. The professor describes a “tough conversation” in which he told Booker “that I disapproved of his inventing such a person.” “If you’re going to create a composite of a man along High Street,” he says he asked Booker, “why don’t you make it W. E. B. DuBois?” From Booker, he says, “There was no pushback. He agreed that was a mistake.” Since then, references to T-Bone have been conspicuously absent from Booker’s speeches.

krugminator
08-31-2013, 10:29 AM
Lonegan is great.

I like him more now. People have made a big deal about his comments. The fact of the matter is it weird as hell for a middle aged man to brag about getting manicures at 3AM.

Valli6
08-31-2013, 02:42 PM
CORY BOOKER IS A LIAR.
(Listen to the actual interview)
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?426000-Cory-Booker-is-lying-about-Steve-Lonegan-(NJ-Senate-Race)

givemeliberty2010
08-31-2013, 05:13 PM
I'm not quite following you. It is extreme now to think that a guy should like to do what guys do and should be attracted only to females and not want anal intercourse with other men? Wow. You are making the case to vote for Lonegan even more stronger. You and Booker are the ones saying god-awful extreme things."A guy doing what guys do" is a meaningless statement. Anyone can define it to mean anything.

It is probably not extreme to say that all males should be attracted to females and vice versa. (It incorrectly implies choice, but that is another matter.) It is extreme to say that, if a male is not attracted to a female, it is something for anyone else to be concerned about or even something that makes that person less of a man or woman, respectively.