PDA

View Full Version : Nominate Ron Paul for The Congressional Medal of Honor!!

DealzOnWheelz
11-28-2007, 03:48 AM
http://aboveandbeyond365.com/index2.html

Surprisingly enough the nominations have to be in by DECEMBER 16th

We should ad this link to Teaparty07.com

ABOVE & BEYOND

Every day in the United States of America, ordinary citizens perform extraordinary deeds. It can happen in an instant or over a more prolonged period, but in the end, ordinary men and women choose to do something extraordinary by placing others before themselves. To that end, the Congressional Medal of Honor Society, whose membership comprises recipients of our nation's highest and most revered military honor, the Medal of Honor, has established America's most prestigious citizen award for service. In the weeks to come, it will seek out and celebrate those ordinary Americans who have exemplified "service before self." This national honor and initiative is the:

ABOVE & BEYOND CITIZEN HONORS

To be considered for this rare civilian honor, nominees must have made a difference in the lives of others through a singular act of extraordinary courage or as a series of extraordinary acts that demonstrate a willingness to sacrifice for others. In all cases, the actions being honored must epitomize the concept of "service before self" and must be performed "above and beyond" one's professional or vocational area of responsibility or conduct.

This is an opportunity for every American to nominate fellow citizens, neighbors, co-workers, ordinary Americans, the heroes among us who, without the expectation of fame or reward, have placed others before themselves in some extraordinary way.

One Above & Beyond State Finalist will be selected from each state of the nation. Each finalist will receive a Congressional Medal of Honor Society Above & Beyond Medallion of Nomination. From among the finalists, three Above & Beyond Citizen Honor recipients will be announced and honored at the Above & Beyond Gala in Washington D.C., to be held every year on March 25, National Medal of Honor Day.

Nomination Form

NOMINATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY: DECEMBER 16, 2007

A couple things that are needed are Ron Paul's City, State, email, telephone which I'm sure we all have enough resources to get

TechnoGuyRob
11-28-2007, 04:05 AM
The funny thing is, Ron Paul would vote NO on this, because he's voted NO on every single Congressional Medal.

DJ RP
11-28-2007, 04:08 AM
We should all chip in $100 each and buy it ourselves ;)

Bodhi
11-28-2007, 04:11 AM
How much would it cost the taxpayers for this? I think RP is the guy that says if you want to give some "medal" to someone lets not make the taxpayers spend their money on it. He would be the first one to donate $100 to it, if only the others in congress would do the same.

James R
11-28-2007, 04:12 AM
The funny thing is, Ron Paul would vote NO on this, because he's voted NO on every single Congressional Medal.

Thats what I was thinking when I read it.

Jim Palmisano
11-28-2007, 04:40 AM
I'll do it and will pledge $100 of my own money to pay for it just like Ron Paul would do. This should not be paid out of the Treasury and forced on People who don't agree with it. Just like RP did with Reagan and many others.

The Constitution says nothing in these regards so the Federal Govt. has NO say in it.

troyd1
11-28-2007, 06:29 AM
I think we should create a U. S. citizens medal of freedom and present it to Ron at the teaparty.

ronpaulblogsdotcom
11-28-2007, 08:56 AM
UMMM no.

CMH are special. I think there is just a few a year even in wartime and often no one wins one.

MsDoodahs
11-28-2007, 09:06 AM
We should all chip in $100 each and buy it ourselves ;)

Yep. :)

robert4rp08
11-28-2007, 10:26 AM
He'd decline the medal for sure.

kylejack
11-28-2007, 10:28 AM
I will also chip in $100 so we can buy it ourselves. He is the Gold Standard of presidential candidates. Don't try to get it done in Congress, Ron Paul would be ashamed of us for doing that.

klamath
11-28-2007, 10:48 AM
If this is the medal of honor I think it is, No. I believe there has only been one given out for the whole Iraq war. The guy is dead. Read the citations on the past medal of honor recipients. Most died in action saving scores of others from death. This would backfire horribly with veterans. RP needs to be honored but not with a medal of honor.

EDIT. I reread the OP and I was jumping to conclusions.

nexalacer
11-28-2007, 10:51 AM
I think you've missed the point of this campaign...

kylejack
11-28-2007, 10:52 AM
If this is the medal of honor I think it is, No. I believe there has only been one given out for the whole Iraq war. The guy is dead. Read the citations on the past medal of honor recipients. Most died in action saving scores of others from death. This would backfire horribly with veterans. RP needs to be honored but not with a medal of honor.
Ronald Reagan, Nancy Reagan, the Pope, Rosa Parks, plenty of people have gotten it. But Ron Paul voted no to all.

klamath
11-28-2007, 11:10 AM
Ronald Reagan, Nancy Reagan, the Pope, Rosa Parks, plenty of people have gotten it. But Ron Paul voted no to all.

I didn't read the full post and thought it was the same MOH that is given to soldiers for valor. This is a civilian version but as others pointed out this is what he voted against in Reagan and others.

philipsantamaria
11-28-2007, 11:11 AM
I agree on chipping in...for a citizens' medal to be presented to Ron Paul at the Boston Tea Party rally.

I'm sure this could be done with ease...

disciple
11-28-2007, 11:13 AM
I agree on chipping in...for a citizens' medal to be presented to Ron Paul at the Boston Tea Party rally.

I'm sure this could be done with ease...

That will make a great news story.

Let's do it.

Jobarra
11-28-2007, 11:14 AM
I know he would vote no on it, but that would be the best part.

How do you spin voting no for this medal for himself? :D

kotetu
11-28-2007, 11:15 AM
Hey, remove the link. I like the idea, but it DOES say "this is not a vote, please do not nominate the same person more than once."

lol oops. :)

pacelli
11-28-2007, 11:23 AM
Agreed, he'd decline a medal, pawn it, and give the money back to the government :)