PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Beck’s Dire Warning: ‘We Don’t Survive’ if We Intervene in Syria

nbruno322
08-27-2013, 10:35 PM
Beck said he’s not an anti-war protestor, but declared that “we need anti-war rallies” to push back against this, and people need to just ignore politicians like John McCain and President Obama dismissing opposition to intervention as coming from “extremists.”

Beck reminded the audience Obama’s anti-war stance was one of the major things that secured his election, and pointed out that he was highly critical of Bush for similar tactics. He instructed listeners to find common ground with liberals on this issue and stand united against intervention.

He concluded, “Don’t screw around with this. This is WWIII in the making.”

http://www.mediaite.com/online/glenn-becks-dire-warning-we-dont-survive-if-we-intervene-in-syria/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pu7HVdFKfQ0

TaftFan
08-27-2013, 10:36 PM
Cue anti-Beck comments, which rain in when Beck says something great like everyday.

twomp
08-27-2013, 10:42 PM
Cue anti-Beck comments, which rain in when Beck says something great like everyday.

He's one of the few media people speaking out on this atm so I won't bash him for now but I hope he will still be singing the same song in a few months after we are done with Syria and begin knocking on Iran's door.

NewRightLibertarian
08-27-2013, 10:45 PM
Props to him for speaking out against this, the Fed, Agenda 21 and several other issues.

ClydeCoulter
08-27-2013, 10:50 PM
It's a good thing.

COpatriot
08-27-2013, 10:56 PM
He's right here, but I can't help but think that if Syria launched an attack on Israel, Beck would be singing a different tune.

Warrior_of_Freedom
08-27-2013, 10:56 PM

Because the next day he will say RP supporters are home-grown terrorists

TaftFan
08-27-2013, 10:59 PM

Wasn't that one time in 2007?

Christian Liberty
08-27-2013, 11:15 PM
He's right here, but I can't help but think that if Syria launched an attack on Israel, Beck would be singing a different tune.

I'm not supporting intervention even if Israel is attacked, but there's clearly a difference between intervention to protect an ally and aggression.

ClydeCoulter
08-27-2013, 11:38 PM

We will see, if Syria succeeds in their threats.

Sola_Fide
08-27-2013, 11:39 PM
I'm not supporting intervention even if Israel is attacked, but there's clearly a difference between intervention to protect an ally and aggression.

Israel shouldn't be our ally.

NorfolkPCSolutions
08-27-2013, 11:47 PM
The original post in this space has been deleted by the author due to ignorance.

Glenn Beck actually said something good.

Sure, all he did was check out the Alex Jones show yesterday and parrot what he heard, but your Grandma in the nursing home doesn't know how to work a computer - so this is the only way she is going to hear this stuff.

<slow clap>

fr33
08-27-2013, 11:49 PM
I'm glad to hear that be said that.

NorfolkPCSolutions
08-27-2013, 11:56 PM
Well, dammit, if you're willing to listen to it, fr33...I will too.

Christian Liberty
08-28-2013, 12:02 AM
Israel shouldn't be our ally.

I agree. I don't support entangling alliances period.

I'm just saying that its not necessarily inconsistent to support defending an ally and oppose a preemptive attack. I don't think Beck would be inconsistent if he did so, at least on this particular issue.

A Son of Liberty
08-28-2013, 03:31 AM

I'm just saying that its not necessarily inconsistent to support defending an ally and oppose a preemptive attack. I don't think Beck would be inconsistent if he did so, at least on this particular issue.

If he actually understood libertarianism, he would understand that sending men and women off to die because a politician at some point in time signed an "agreement" with another politician is unjust. That being said, Beck wouldn't support intervention on that basis; he would support it because he's an Israel fetishist (and that comment is not anti-Israel nor anti-Semitic). And his tune WILL change if and when Israel is attacked.

However I am glad that he is anti-intervention at this point. He also has in the past and yesterday on his show recanted and apologized publicly for his support of Bush's wars... kinda.

It always cracks me up to hear Beck complain that libertarians don't "accept him".

kcchiefs6465
08-28-2013, 03:34 AM

The notion of protecting allies goes out the window when we directly or indirectly arm their enemies with all sorts of weaponry including biological and chemical weapons as well as depleted uranium munitions. We make the wars - It's more profitable that way. Arming Syrian rebels, the Mujahideen, the Libyan rebels, the Egyptians etc. goes to show that this is true. It is the only diplomacy we have.

compromise
08-28-2013, 04:00 AM
He's one of the few media people speaking out on this atm so I won't bash him for now but I hope he will still be singing the same song in a few months after we are done with Syria and begin knocking on Iran's door.

We probably won't be done with Syria in a few months...maybe a few years at least.

AngryCanadian
08-28-2013, 04:10 AM
Say what you like he is right the markets atm are crashing my recommend for you if have stocks now? get them out, i am not joking.

thoughtomator
08-28-2013, 04:20 AM
I don't mind when he says good things. I do mind when he says good things to collect an audience to later mislead catastrophically, as he did with the Tea Party.

His actions then and lack of remorse or acknowledgement of the damage his actions caused are no small matter to ignore.

orenbus
08-28-2013, 05:14 AM
In case anyone wants a youtube link for this video to spread around:

Todd
08-28-2013, 05:20 AM

It'd be nice if those great things he says weren't always joined with other "anti liberty" moments, "stabs in the back" and down right "Schizo" stances on other very important issues.............also on a daily basis.

One of those "schizo" moments.

FrankRep
08-28-2013, 05:28 AM

Don't wear Guy Fawkes masks.

DamianTV
08-28-2013, 05:32 AM
91% of the people OPPOSE a War on Syria.

Total Collapse of Confidence in the US Govt.

We are doing our job. We've awakened many. We cant stop because at this point because War is pretty much a foregone conclusion. This is probably MORE dangerous than the Cuban Missle Crisis. And these phony and corrupt politicians bought and paid for by the Banksters and Corporations have every intention of extending their power over EVERY country. And they'll use WWIII to get their way.

Im now starting to think that those fringe articles about 95% of the population of the entire planet being executed in the next X number of years is a bit less fringe than when I first read it.

Todd
08-28-2013, 05:36 AM
91% of the people OPPOSE a War on Syria.

Total Collapse of Confidence in the US Govt.

We are doing our job. We've awakened many. We cant stop because at this point because War is pretty much a foregone conclusion. This is probably MORE dangerous than the Cuban Missle Crisis. And these phony and corrupt politicians bought and paid for by the Banksters and Corporations have every intention of extending their power over EVERY country. And they'll use WWIII to get their way.

Im now starting to think that those fringe articles about 95% of the population of the entire planet being executed in the next X number of years is a bit less fringe than when I first read it.

And there it is.

Beck is just getting on the bandwagon. Great for him that he can now be a mouthpiece for what is popular. But make no mistake it wasn't him leading the charge to get to where we are now. He's just enjoying the fruits of someone else's leadership.

DamianTV
08-28-2013, 05:38 AM

http://mind-exchange.com/wp-content/themes/picmarks/functions/thumb.php?src=wp-content/uploads/2011/04/spread-anarchy-dont-tell-me-what-to-do.jpg&w=470&h=0&zc=1&q=90

Brett85
08-28-2013, 07:19 AM

Probably, but that would be an entirely different situation.

jmdrake
08-28-2013, 07:43 AM

Well that's because the next day he says something stupid like "Let's invade Syria to stop Al Qaeda." Still, I'll use his material when he's being helpful. But he's no Ben Swann or Judge Napalitano.

compromise
08-28-2013, 07:45 AM
Well that's because the next day he says something stupid like "Let's invade Syria to stop Al Qaeda."

He never actually said that.

AuH20
08-28-2013, 07:48 AM
He never actually said that.

correct. We have people repeating falsehoods.

mosquitobite
08-28-2013, 07:57 AM
Because some people need a reminder of WHY we hate Glenn Beck around here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9miprTrD2wA

http://www.heavy.com/news/2013/02/glenn-beck-calls-ron-paul-newest-member-of-westboro-baptist-church/

cajuncocoa
08-28-2013, 09:28 AM

Wasn't that one time in 2007?It being such a serious and destructive thing to say, it requires a retraction and an apology for me to believe Beck no longer feels this way.

V3n
08-28-2013, 09:34 AM
http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/323/b/9/sasuke_on_a_bunchie_by_hetaliarules12-d4goc64.gif

JK/SEA
08-28-2013, 10:14 AM

i wear Frank Rep masks.

Cabal
08-28-2013, 10:18 AM

Sadface

pcosmar
08-28-2013, 10:18 AM

Can you say inconsistency.?

He says the right things on occasion,, and then flip-flops regularly.

He is right on this.. But I question his motives.

JK/SEA
08-28-2013, 10:25 AM
He never called Ron and his supporters terrorists. Watch the entirety of the Headline News segment. *****He even prefaced that a great majority of RP supporters had no such intent. ***** He did state that certain imagery was giving the public the wrong idea. For a group of supposed free-thinking individuals, we sure have many lemming who like jumping off cliffs without all the necessary info.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Rc4OJWH1nE

chudrockz
08-28-2013, 10:39 AM

And what if Syria attacks Israel in response to being attacked by the U.S.?

mczerone
08-28-2013, 10:50 AM
Why isn't he an anti-war protester?

Sorry, if you're against this intervention in Syria, you should be doing what you think will help stop it. Don't mamby-pamby around, calling for "allies" to do the work while implying that they're evil-dirty-hippies.

And, I don't really care anymore. The US is going to bomb Syria, they're going to invite rage against them. It doesn't matter if 95% are vocal against it, either on the street corners or calling congressmen, they'll do it anyway. And it doesn't really affect me. I'd almost rather have a big, enormous event drive the govt into insolvency and bring about a greater impoverishment of the population than this slow, meandering descent into common poverty without any popularly accepted cause.

I'll survive mostly the same whether there's war with Syria or not.

angelatc
08-28-2013, 11:06 AM
you mean after he was having his 'Founding Fathers' segment during the prez campaigns?...then the next day called Ron and his supporters terrorists?...is that the Glenn Beck we're talking about here?

yeah...he's comin' around.....

burp...barf...and facepalm.

Deb Medina. Never again will I trust Beck. Not that it matters. But I think he's the guy that will rally the Tea Party into supporting the war with Iran when their troops are inevitably discovered in Syria. *cough cough*

AuH20
08-28-2013, 11:07 AM
Deb Medina. Never again will I trust Beck. Not that it matters. But I think he's the guy that will rally the Tea Party into supporting the war with Iran when their troops are inevitably discovered in Syria. *cough cough*

If you think Glenn Beck wants WW3, then you're wrong. WW3 means NWO reconditioning time.

JK/SEA
08-28-2013, 11:10 AM
Glenn Beck is quite the magician....

look over here.....voila...fooled ya again sucker.

angelatc
08-28-2013, 11:29 AM
If you think Glenn Beck wants WW3, then you're wrong. WW3 means NWO reconditioning time.

I hope you're right and I'm wrong.

Todd
08-28-2013, 11:37 AM
Because some people need a reminder of WHY we hate Glenn Beck around here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9miprTrD2wA

http://www.heavy.com/news/2013/02/glenn-beck-calls-ron-paul-newest-member-of-westboro-baptist-church/

Thank God for older truth warriors who still remember.

AuH20
08-28-2013, 11:38 AM
I hope you're right and I'm wrong.

Glenn Beck isn't a fighter, but he's far from dumb. If we foolishly intervene in Syria, Iran most likely gives the order to attack Israel, either via cells or another method. When that happens, all bets are off. Fuel shortages. Economic meltdown. Martial Law. Gog and Magog. You get the drift.

compromise
08-28-2013, 12:13 PM
He never called Ron and his supporters terrorists. Watch the entirety of the Headline News segment. *****He even prefaced that a great majority of RP supporters had no such intent. ***** He did state that certain imagery was giving the public the wrong idea. For a group of supposed free-thinking individuals, we sure have many lemming who like jumping off cliffs without all the necessary info.

You are correct about Beck, although I disagree with his views on "money bombs", seeing as virtually every political candidate does them nowadays. I must admit that I'm not a big fan of the Fawkes masks but it's not something that particularly bothers me either.

Only a small minority of the liberty movement are home-grown terrorists, and there are people of that sort on the fringes of the progressive and conservative movements as well. It's very hard to deny that people who constantly call for the execution and assassination of politicians in their own country while providing praise for the actions of men like Timothy McVeigh and Nidal Hasan are home-grown terrorists.

cajuncocoa
08-28-2013, 12:18 PM
You are correct about Beck, although I disagree with his views on "money bombs", seeing as virtually every political candidate does them nowadays. I must admit that I'm not a big fan of the Fawkes masks but it's not something that particularly bothers me either.

Only a small minority of the liberty movement are home-grown terrorists, and there are people of that sort on the fringes of the progressive and conservative movements as well. It's very hard to deny that people who constantly call for the execution and assassination of politicians in their own country while providing praise for the actions of men like Timothy McVeigh and Nidal Hasan are home-grown terrorists.

There may be many Rand supporters who are home-grown terrorists too, but if someone posted that in the Rand subforum 50 people would be flaming your ass within 5 minutes. Why is it OK to post this about Ron supporters in General Politics?

angelatc
08-28-2013, 12:25 PM
It's very hard to deny that people who constantly call for the execution and assassination of politicians in their own country while providing praise for the actions of men like Timothy McVeigh and Nidal Hasan are home-grown terrorists.

You should be banned for that. Nobody here ever, much less constantly, calls for the execution and assassination of politicians, and discussing blowback isn't terrorism.

compromise
08-28-2013, 12:25 PM
You should be banned for that. Nobody here calls for the execution and assassination of politicians, and discussing blowback isn't terrorism.

Freedom Fanatic.

And they're not all on here. Look on the DP. Look on Kokesh's forum. Look at YouTube comments by Ron Paul supporters.

pcosmar
08-28-2013, 12:26 PM

What if Syria attacks Israel in response to repeated attacks by Israel?

Israel and Saudi Arabia are both involved in this shit,, up to their necks.

They are actively provoking war.. and involving everyone in it.

ravedown
08-28-2013, 12:40 PM
why is it so hard for a talk show host to show little ideological consistency? how many times is beck going to apologize for past mistakes and start 'coming around' on issues? savage is even worse. hannity is changes his tune based on neocon talking points. at least limbaugh is somewhat consistent in his obsession with talking about himself, attacking whomever is in power on the left and his hatred of the clintons. we should expect better....stop giving these clowns your time.

ZENemy
08-28-2013, 01:13 PM
Glen beck pleases his sponsors, glen beck must say what it takes to get "ratings"

Glen beck will jump on nearly any momentum he can to get ratings, this is not complicated, it happens every...single...time.

jbauer
08-28-2013, 01:23 PM
Glenn Beck isn't a fighter, but he's far from dumb. If we foolishly intervene in Syria, Iran most likely gives the order to attack Israel, either via cells or another method. When that happens, all bets are off. Fuel shortages. Economic meltdown. Martial Law. Gog and Magog. You get the drift.

That and Christian concentration/Fema camps.

mosquitobite
08-28-2013, 01:24 PM
Glenn Beck is part of the system guys. Just the same as Alex Jones.

The whole point of these two clowns is to drop truth so that the rest of the media can ignore it and save face. Their whole acts are designed to be "fringe" so that people who use them as sources can be laughed at with ad-hominem attacks rather than face the facts.

I never use either for that very reason.

AuH20
08-28-2013, 01:51 PM
Glenn Beck is part of the system guys. Just the same as Alex Jones.

The whole point of these two clowns is to drop truth so that the rest of the media can ignore it and save face. Their whole acts are designed to be "fringe" so that people who use them as sources can be laughed at with ad-hominem attacks rather than face the facts.

I never use either for that very reason.

That still remains to be seem. We're talking about human beings reacting to their rapidly changing environment in that not everyone is going to grab the carrot and sell themselves down the river. Could they both be authentic or fake? No one really knows. With that said, neither has the monopoly on the truth and the truth is far more important than their personas. Ignorant sheep can mock Alex Jones or Glenn Beck, thanks to their conditioned insecurities but when the tsunami hits, it's not going to be pretty.

cajuncocoa
08-28-2013, 01:53 PM
Freedom Fanatic.

And they're not all on here. Look on the DP. Look on Kokesh's forum. Look at YouTube comments by Ron Paul supporters.
Freedom Fanatic is also a Rand Paul supporter. Uh-oh. :rolleyes:

The Free Hornet
08-28-2013, 02:03 PM

Why do you both prompt and preempt Beck criticism and then proceed to play defense for the guy?

If you think he is going to be unfairly criticized, then fucking wait for that to happen. You know god-damn well he doesn't say "something great like everyday".

You come here with your fucking jokes and defending this piece of shit:

Glenn Beck: Rick Santorum "is the next George Washington"
Tweet

"I don't endorse candidates, I don't get involved in politics, I don't make donations to any politician. Rick Santorum is a friend of mine, but I choose my friends carefully and I would never tell you someone was a friend of mine if I didn't have great respect for them. I will tell you this. People ask me all the time, 'who is out there?' I tell them the same thing, I don't trust any of them, but if I had to trust the reins of power with one person that is currently in this field and, because I think the next president has got to be Abraham Lincoln, he has got to be somebody who knows exactly who he is, knows exactly where he stands and is willing to, in the end, turn those reins of power back over. The temptation and the pressure is going to be absolutely enormous. If there is one guy out there that is the next George Washington, the only guy that I could think of is Rick Santorum. I would ask that you would take a look at him."

http://www.ricksantorum.com/blog/2011/11/glenn-beck-rick-santorum-next-george-washington

If he says something good, great. Leave it at that. Don't pretend like he is John the Baptist.

Christian Liberty
08-28-2013, 02:05 PM

That would be rather stupid of them, considering it would be the United States who aggressed against them in that case. And at that point, we're already clearly the aggressors.

Freedom Fanatic.

I never defended either of the people that you mentioned. Both McVeigh and Hassan were murderers. But they haven't murdered nearly as many people as Obama or Bush.

I do believe, and I understand why Cajun disagrees with me on this, that murderers deserve to die. It doesn't matter who they are, it doesn't matter what prestigious position they hold in society.

If making that statement, regardless of any actions that I take (Most of which are verbal/educational) makes me a "Home-grown terrorist" than I can live with that.

More likely is that "compromise" exists to get us to do exactly what his name says, and isn't much of a libertarian to begin with.

My educational tactics very much depend on who I'm talking to. I do wish that every member of the liberty movement would agree with me that murderers deserve to die.... all of them... Or at the very least, those who reject the death penalty, I wish they would agree with me that executing murderers, again, no matter who they are, is better than allowing them to live free and to kill more people. I would hope that nobody in the liberty movement would mourn the death of a murderer, whoever they may be.

If I'm talking to someone who is a big fan of George W. Bush, I'm not going to tell them that Bush deserves to be executed (Note that I said "executed" not "assassinated" lest any idiots confuse the two), even though, considering the amount of people that were murdered by him, I absolutely do believe that. I'll start with getting them to accept more elementary principles, like noninterventionism, first.

So yeah, my "style" in the echo chamber is a little bit different than outside of it.

That said, the fact that the assumption that politicians are somehow "better" than the rest of us among some in the "liberty movement" is absolutely sickening. Compromise thinks I'm too radical because he is not really in the liberty movement.

Christian Liberty
08-28-2013, 02:06 PM
Why do you both prompt and preempt Beck criticism and then proceed to play defense for the guy?

If you think he is going to be unfairly criticized, then fucking wait for that to happen. You know god-damn well he doesn't say "something great like everyday".

You come here with your fucking jokes and defending this piece of shit:

If he says something good, great. Leave it at that. Don't pretend like he is John the Baptist.

I think he's absolutely correct that Rick Santorum could be the next Lincoln. Although, I question whether Rick Santorum could be quite that bad.

cajuncocoa
08-28-2013, 02:34 PM
I think he's absolutely correct that Rick Santorum could be the next Lincoln. Although, I question whether Rick Santorum could be quite that bad.

I think he could be even worse. Think: Christian Taliban.

Christian Liberty
08-28-2013, 02:46 PM
I think he could be even worse. Think: Christian Taliban.

Rick Santorum is kind of an idiot. I have a hard time believing he could be as effective at being a tyrant as Lincoln was.

I certainly hope not...

AuH20
08-28-2013, 06:26 PM
http://www.glennbeck.com/2013/08/28/glenn-explains-the-real-endgame-in-syria/?utm_source=Daily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2013-08-28_251554&utm_content=4995193&utm_term=_251554_251561

Glenn believes this situation has very little to do with war and very much to do with implementing a new world order. After speaking to a friend of his who is deeply familiar with the situation, Glenn realized this isn’t about war. It’s about what comes after war.

A Son of Liberty
08-28-2013, 07:10 PM

This is the second damned time you've made this bullshit claim. Happily, the first time a mod apparently deleted your comment.

You must work for the NSA or DHS or something, because they are the only folks who believe that saying something on the internet makes a person a terrorist. Now, unless you can produce some freaking citation of some percentage of terrorists being also a members of this movement, I suggest you shut your damned pie-hole.

"compromise". Indeed.

fr33
08-28-2013, 07:19 PM
This is the second damned time you've made this bullshit claim. Happily, the first time a mod apparently deleted your comment.

You must work for the NSA or DHS or something, because they are the only folks who believe that saying something on the internet makes a person a terrorist. Now, unless you can produce some freaking citation of some percentage of terrorists being also a members of this movement, I suggest you shut your damned pie-hole.

"compromise". Indeed.
Yep there's a couple of people like him that get a little too brave sometimes with their posts and reveal themselves.

A Son of Liberty
08-30-2013, 03:34 AM
I'm bumping this because I want to give "compromise" an opportunity to back his claim that "a small minority of the liberty movement are terrorists."

RM918
08-30-2013, 04:16 AM
I'm bumping this because I want to give "compromise" an opportunity to back his claim that "a small minority of the liberty movement are terrorists."

If there was even a single one, you can bet your ass we'd have heard about it endlessly by now. Every mass shooting, every attack, there are millions of people praying they find "right-wing extremist" literature on them but it just won't happen.

Mani
08-30-2013, 04:32 AM
The original post in this space has been deleted by the author due to ignorance.

Glenn Beck actually said something good.

Sure, all he did was check out the Alex Jones show yesterday and parrot what he heard, but your Grandma in the nursing home doesn't know how to work a computer - so this is the only way she is going to hear this stuff.

<slow clap>

I'm not a fan of the messenger....but I do agree with the message and I'm happy the correct message is being sent. (Syria anti-war that is).

J_White
08-30-2013, 04:46 AM
what alternate Universe is this ? Beck making sense ?

cajuncocoa
08-30-2013, 05:56 AM

I'd like to hear this as well. (bump)

Victor Grey
08-30-2013, 06:42 AM

That is a strong claim, calling people homegrown terrorists.

Some hypothetical, likely ~dozen in number group of young progressive leftists 20 year olds (oh but "left libertarians at heart") somewhere, who supposedly semi-like Ron Paul, and might wear a Fawkes mask or a t-shirt shemagh while they semi-randomly tear some shit up in the OWS protests, is hardly something worth calling a homegrown terrorist.
More like jackass vandal.

Not to imply I'd think that sort make up anything but a tiny fringe outlier of people that have ever worn "that there mask from that v movie."

You're not point out a fringe, you're pointing out a fringe of a mostly unrelated fringe.

Those people addressed, a couple people talking out of their ass on youtube, in the abstract at that, is most definitely not enough to call them home grown terrorists.

Dammitman. If that is home grown terrorism, there's probably worse pressing issues of such home grown terrorism towards the killing of Justin Beiber than political figures.

LibertyEagle
08-30-2013, 06:48 AM
There may be many Rand supporters who are home-grown terrorists too, but if someone posted that in the Rand subforum 50 people would be flaming your ass within 5 minutes. Why is it OK to post this about Ron supporters in General Politics?

Leave it to you to try to use this thread to drive the wedge a little deeper.

I think Ron must have been talking about you. vvvvv

compromise
08-30-2013, 09:20 AM
If there was even a single one, you can bet your ass we'd have heard about it endlessly by now. Every mass shooting, every attack, there are millions of people praying they find "right-wing extremist" literature on them but it just won't happen.

Actually, some of the threats are just as much against the right as to the left. A few people are calling for the executions of Tom Cotton and even Ted Cruz, a close friend of the liberty movement.

I accept "terrorist" wasn't the best use of words...but I stand by my claim that fringe elements within certain factions within this "liberty movement" must be purged if it is to achieve political success and that one of the reasons for Ron's failure in 2012 was his refusal to disavow and repudiate people with certain political views who were vocal in their support for him, which scared many mainstream conservatives away from his campaign. A lot of people like Ron Paul, but don't like his supporters. Rand has done a great job distancing himself from these unproductive people and that has led to his success.

I don't want to keep going on here as every one of my posts in this topic is going to get 5+ neg-reps each and probably more as this topic keeps getting bumped up.

nbruno322
08-30-2013, 09:29 AM
Actually, some of the threats are just as much against the right as to the left. A few people are calling for the executions of Tom Cotton and even Ted Cruz, a close friend of the liberty movement.

I accept "terrorist" wasn't the best use of words...but I stand by my claim that fringe elements within certain factions within this "liberty movement" must be purged if it is to achieve political success and that one of the reasons for Ron's failure in 2012 was his refusal to disavow and repudiate people with certain political views who were vocal in their support for him, which scared many mainstream conservatives away from his campaign. A lot of people like Ron Paul, but don't like his supporters. Rand has done a great job distancing himself from these unproductive people and that has led to his success.

I don't want to keep going on here as every one of my posts in this topic is going to get 5+ neg-reps each and probably more as this topic keeps getting bumped up.

"Terrorism": the most meaningless, manipulated, and destructive word in our political lexicon

DEFINITION:
Terrorism, noun: 1. things that are bad; 2. things I don't like

In U.S. political and media discourse, Terrorism means little more than: that which America's Enemies du Jour do to it, but not what America and its allies do to anyone.

Terrorism is not a real concept and from its introduction into world affairs always has been, a term of propaganda designed to legitimize violence by some actors while delegitimizing very similar violence by others.

Glenn Greenwald eloquently explains in the video below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=x7uUFaq7Z4s

A Son of Liberty
08-30-2013, 01:31 PM

There's a lot to reply to here, but in the interest of avoiding a completely pointless debate with a completely clueless person, I'll just bump this in the hopes that your neg-rep prediction comes true: people need to know how much stock they should put in your comments.

A Son of Liberty
08-30-2013, 01:41 PM
There's a lot to reply to here, but in the interest of avoiding a completely pointless debate with a completely clueless person, I'll just bump this in the hopes that your neg-rep prediction comes true: people need to know how much stock they should put in your comments.

A neg-rep with the comment, "pointless bump"? Are you freaking kidding me? I stated exactly why I bumped the thread, and it is for the most valid of reasons - I'm hoping that people will neg-rep your asinine comments in this thread, as they are most deserving of it.

Again - people need to know what kind of weight your comments hold.

A Son of Liberty
08-30-2013, 01:52 PM
And the hits keep coming:

if you prefer to be an elitist prick and avoid pointless debates with clueless people, you will never be able to productively participate in a political campaign

Keep neg-repping me, "compromise". I'll keep this thread at the top of the page until everyone gets to see what a scumbag you are. What agency of the government do you work for, anyway?

Do you really think I give a damn about how many reps I have?

A Son of Liberty
08-30-2013, 02:03 PM
The latest neg-rep from "compromise", the person who claimed that a certain minority of the liberty movement are "home-grown terrorists".

You remind me of Chris Christie "esoteric debates"

Yes, the person who said that a certain percentage of the liberty movement are home-grown terrorists thinks that I am deserving of neg-reps! LOL!!!

Shouldn't you be busy logging IP addresses, Big Brother? Rather than neg-repping me?!

puppetmaster
08-30-2013, 02:15 PM
bump

cajuncocoa
08-30-2013, 02:28 PM
The latest neg-rep from "compromise", the person who claimed that a certain minority of the liberty movement are "home-grown terrorists".

Yes, the person who said that a certain percentage of the liberty movement are home-grown terrorists thinks that I am deserving of neg-reps! LOL!!!

Shouldn't you be busy logging IP addresses, Big Brother? Rather than neg-repping me?!

+rep for truth.

A Son of Liberty
08-30-2013, 03:47 PM
I'm on Beck's payroll, not the NSA's. Would you be interested in a subscription to The Blaze by any chance?

Your idea of humor. A real knee-slapper.

kcchiefs6465
08-30-2013, 04:01 PM
Your idea of humor. A real knee-slapper.
That is probably not even a joke.

He mentioned a while back that he gets a free subscription to The Blaze.

"Compromise" makes a little more sense now as well.

eduardo89
08-30-2013, 04:23 PM
Freedom Fanatic.

I can't comment on the DP or Kokoesh forum, I'm registered on both but don't ever post there, but on my YouTube page there are hundreds of comments calling for Obama/Democrats/Neocons to be murdered and other such comments.

eduardo89
08-30-2013, 04:25 PM

I wouldn't say terrorists, but definitely there is a large minority on here that are terrorist sympathizers and apologists.

eduardo89
08-30-2013, 04:26 PM

+rep

Henry Rogue
08-30-2013, 05:56 PM
Bottom line on the beck debate. Beck needs to do a heck of a lot more good for the Liberty movement, to offset all the harm he did.

JK/SEA
08-30-2013, 06:07 PM
I wouldn't say terrorists, but definitely there is a large minority on here that are terrorist sympathizers and apologists.

LOL....large minority....is that like having jumbo shrimp?....lol

eduardo89
08-30-2013, 06:09 PM
LOL....large minority....is that like having jumbo shrimp?....lol

Small minority -> 5%
Large minority -> 20%
Small majority -> 52%
Large majority -> 75%

Is that really hard to understand?

JK/SEA
08-30-2013, 06:11 PM
Small minority -> 5%
Large minority -> 20%
Small majority -> 52%
Large majority -> 75%

Is that really hard to understand?

A minority is STILL a minority.....doesn't matter about percentage. Never has, never will. Its all spin.

AuH20
08-30-2013, 06:11 PM
Bottom line on the beck debate. Beck needs to do a heck of a lot more good for the Liberty movement, to offset all the harm he did.

I think the harm has been overstated, but he can help Rand cross the finish line and repel attacks. He has the platform and that's what I expect him to do.

eduardo89
08-30-2013, 06:13 PM
A minority is STILL a minority.....

Did I ever dispute that?

JK/SEA
08-30-2013, 06:15 PM
//

JK/SEA
08-30-2013, 06:16 PM
Did I ever dispute that?

lol...yep.

pcosmar
08-30-2013, 06:17 PM

I would not say that there are a Large minority. There are certainly Terrorist sympathizers.

The question is,, who are the real terrorists?

I put The US, Saudi, and Israeli Governments in that category.

A Son of Liberty
08-30-2013, 08:20 PM
Not humor. Glenn's team gave me some free Blaze subscriptions, I've given a few out to other forum members.

"compromise" has neg-repped me 5 times since I bumped this thread; on all occasions without substance, I might add. I've only neg-repped him twice... both times deservedly so.

LOL "Glenn's team"... I bet Glenn gives out subscriptions to those brave folks working in certain branches of the government who are trying desperately to keep us safe from home-grown terrorists!

You're an obvious divider, "compromise". It's clear that you are here to water down the liberty movement, at a minimum. God forgive you for whatever else you may be doing here.

fr33
08-30-2013, 08:31 PM
I can't comment on the DP or Kokoesh forum, I'm registered on both but don't ever post there, but on my YouTube page there are hundreds of comments calling for Obama/Democrats/Neocons to be murdered and other such comments.

The same can be said about almost every other video on youtube that is about a living human being; whether it's Miley Cyrus or some little kid on his webcam.

cajuncocoa
08-30-2013, 08:35 PM

Well, I see you've encountered Internet Tough Guy

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s145/pkdmslf/InternetToughGuy.jpg

Bryan
08-30-2013, 08:42 PM

Liberty supporters respect private property and others lives, and thus can not be "terrorists". Of course, anyone can claim they are part of a movement but that doesn't make it so, particularly when they do not support the principles.

Of course, the fine details of this point can be debated but what isn't open for debate is debasing the liberty movement on this site (per site Usage Guidelines) - so please refrain from trying to equate terrorists to liberty supporters on any level here. They are not what our movement is about, nor stands for- and certainly not what this site supports. At all. We support the exact opposite:

From: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/content.php?1989-Usage-Guidelines
1) Operate with ethically sound principles.
• Be honest and truthful.
• Respect others life, liberty and property.
• Work to promote a peaceful, freedom loving, compassionate society.

Thank you.

eduardo89
08-30-2013, 08:54 PM
Of course, the fine details of this point can be debated but what isn't open for debate is debasing the liberty movement on this site (per site Usage Guidelines) - so please refrain from trying to equate terrorists to liberty supporters on any level here. They are not what our movement is about, nor stands for- and certainly not what this site supports. At all.

That isn't what he was trying to do, at all. He explicitly said this happens in every movement:

Only a small minority of the liberty movement are home-grown terrorists, and there are people of that sort on the fringes of the progressive and conservative movements as well.

RickyJ
08-30-2013, 08:57 PM
We created the situation in Syria today, we have already intervened greatly. Beck should know this, but for entertainment purposes and ratings he says what he thinks will help him make more money.

HOLLYWOOD
08-30-2013, 09:02 PM
Has Glenn Beck apologized to Ron Paul supporters, insinuating they are Guy Fawkes terrorists?We've been through it a million times... it's Poison, Potion, Poison, operations. AnyHoo, Beck pretty much steals most of his grassroots operations and storyline information from forums and internet activism. You can't be half pregnant, and continually, Beck always reverts BACK to his statist dribble priority.

RickyJ
08-30-2013, 09:07 PM

You need another one! - rep!

9/11 was an inside job largely carried out and planned by dual nationals and foreign operatives.

enhanced_deficit
08-30-2013, 09:21 PM

Was a cue really necessary? Ok, in any case.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GgXgBe1GB8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GgXgBe1GB8

What about children of Syria, o great Beck and discoverer of truth? (truth being that only 9% of Americans support Syria liberation).