PDA

View Full Version : Texting While Driving of the Future - Using Google Glass and Driving?

DamianTV
08-27-2013, 07:04 PM
Just a thought here...

We all know how people think they can text and drive, and what kind of problems are resulting. Im not addressing the concepts of making using cellphones while driving illegal, but instead, I want to think about the reason that those laws were created. The spirit of the law being based on posing a high risk or danger to others.

Google Glass hasnt been released yet. But odds are that when it is, people are going to want to drive and check facebook all over the place. And I expect that drivers that use Google Glass while driving are going to cause a LOT of accidents. Now just from the standpoint of Glass causing accidents, what do you think the consequences of using Google Glass While Driving will be?

nobody's_hero
08-27-2013, 10:16 PM
Cops will probably not deter anyone from using it while driving, because I'm pretty sure Google will get in bed with the government to ensure that everything will be tracked from your speed to being able to see what you see through the glasses. So if you run a stop sign, video will be instantly uploaded to the nearest police precinct and the GPS capability of Google glass will allow the responding officer to intercept you with pinpoint accuracy. If you say anything self-incriminating about the stop before the officer arrives at your window to write you a ticket, it will be recorded and used against you in a court of law, because courts will rule that there is 'no reasonable expectation of privacy' when using google glass.

After all is said and done you'll wish you had thrown google glass in the woods where it belonged, but alas, we couldn't resist those neat-o gadgets, those electronic shackles.

fr33
08-27-2013, 10:22 PM
It's possible now to use voice to text on current smartphones and with Google Glass.

DamianTV
08-28-2013, 01:41 AM
Well, lets wait and see what happens. I am sure someone will find a way to fuck it up for everyone else.