PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone forming the PAC yet?

goRPaul
11-28-2007, 03:16 AM
Just making sure this thing is setting sail, in both the literal and figurative sense. Any easily accessible resources on what it takes to form one?

pacelli
11-28-2007, 07:34 AM
Just making sure this thing is setting sail, in both the literal and figurative sense. Any easily accessible resources on what it takes to form one?

The blimp website says that they will be forming the PAC soon, which was posted when the site went live. Given the number of unanswered posts regarding the PAC, I think it is reasonable to demand an update on this forum from Elijah. This is a great deal of money and we do not want to project to be delayed, as time is very important.

pacelli
11-28-2007, 11:24 AM
Bump. Update please, Elijah?

cvaldiv1
11-28-2007, 01:53 PM
there's always http://www.unitedforliberty.com/index.html

freest8r
11-28-2007, 02:48 PM
I read in another thread that they were pursuing other options in addition to a PAC, because the PAC is such a legal mine field.

peacemaker
11-28-2007, 03:38 PM
If we were to promote another candidate as well, wouldn't that make the PAC no longer a "single candidate PAC" (http://www.ronpaulmax.com/) ?

Maybe we could have "Kucinich" on the other side of the blimp? We shouldn't underestimate the power of "good will" in this race either. Wouldn't it be cool to hear the story of how "Ron Paul's supporters put Kucinich for President on the other side of their blimp" because Kucinich supports the constitution too?

dcatman
11-28-2007, 04:16 PM
Seriously,

Why aren't the other Ron Paul PACs being considered as options?

peacemaker
11-28-2007, 04:19 PM
must count toward the $2300 maximum. The blimp project promises to be a place to donate, even if you've exceeded that maximum with the campaign.

Lacrosseus
11-28-2007, 04:25 PM
must count toward the $2300 maximum. The blimp project promises to be a place to donate, even if you've exceeded that maximum with the campaign.

Hmmm... but you can spend as much of your own money as you want. Money Bags Romney.

LFOD
11-28-2007, 04:48 PM

We're all waiting to see how that is possible. I have yet to see any theory on how that is legal.

peacemaker
11-28-2007, 04:49 PM
We're all waiting to see how that is possible. I have yet to see any theory on how that is legal.

What do you think of the two-candidate theory?

LFOD
11-28-2007, 05:44 PM
What do you think of the two-candidate theory?

Theoretically, my understanding is that would entail a multi-candidate PAC, instead of a single candidate PAC. But they are proposing no PAC at all, which is what I am very skeptical about.

LBT
11-28-2007, 05:44 PM
.... because Kucinich supports the constitution too?

Kucinich doesn't understand the constitution. He thinks it allows for a centralized nanny state that can take care of us from cradle to grave. That empowers the state and would reduce liberty.

James R
11-28-2007, 06:00 PM

What is the point in asking anything else or suggesting anything else until we get some answers?

1. How many will see the blimp itself? Fifty thousand? A million? Should people donate the the project without knowing this?

2. How many local reporters have expressed that the blimp makes a good story? Zero? Ten? Should people donate to the project without knowing this?

3. How many national media reporters have expressed that the blimp makes a good story? Zero? Three? Should people donate to the project without knowing this?

After those questions are answered, then lets think about the PAC.

Elijah
11-28-2007, 06:48 PM
Hi everybody,

We are making progress and do not worry. The blimp will be in Boston by the 16th. The artwork is currently being prepared. We have an excellent lawyer and everything is 100% legal. We will NOT be forming a PAC.

Joey, the webmaster for Ron Paul Radio, is working hard with some other programmers on the new site to be able to verify pledges and start collecting the money.

ALL of your questions will be answered in our new FAQ. I am not going to attempt to pick out every single post and reply to it.

Your patience for just a little while longer is greatly appreciated and I assure you that everything is being taken care of as quickly as possible considering how fast this has all come togethor.

Myself, Trevor and Jerry have been working on getting everything together day and night since this started.

FIND US A TREASURER!

macdee
11-28-2007, 10:21 PM
The Ron Paul Blimp donation page needs to be fixed so that more people will donate! Please update the web page for donations to say that “all donations beyond the first month operations will be applied to an extra month flying the Ron Paul Blimp!”

We need to keep it UP in the AIR spreading the Ron Paul revolution message to the people.

To keep this project going while things are worked out in collecting the funds, we will need to update the web page and keep the blimp donations coming in for month two! We're loosing donations right now since the first months goal has been met!

And spend some extra money on the artwork please! And light the blimp up at night too so it's more useful. Once the artwork is on the blimp, we can’t change it! So it better be good the first time around!

Man from La Mancha
11-29-2007, 12:18 AM
The Ron Paul Blimp donation page needs to be fixed so that more people will donate! Please update the web page for donations to say that “all donations beyond the first month operations will be applied to an extra month flying the Ron Paul Blimp!”

We need to keep it UP in the AIR spreading the Ron Paul revolution message to the people.

To keep this project going while things are worked out in collecting the funds, we will need to update the web page and keep the blimp donations coming in for month two! We're loosing donations right now since the first months goal has been met!

And spend some extra money on the artwork please! And light the blimp up at night too so it's more useful. Once the artwork is on the blimp, we can’t change it! So it better be good the first time around!
Even more important keep the money coming in case some of the pledges back out.

omgitsfletch
11-30-2007, 10:04 PM
Hi everybody,

We are making progress and do not worry. The blimp will be in Boston by the 16th. The artwork is currently being prepared. We have an excellent lawyer and everything is 100% legal. We will NOT be forming a PAC.

Joey, the webmaster for Ron Paul Radio, is working hard with some other programmers on the new site to be able to verify pledges and start collecting the money.

ALL of your questions will be answered in our new FAQ. I am not going to attempt to pick out every single post and reply to it.

Your patience for just a little while longer is greatly appreciated and I assure you that everything is being taken care of as quickly as possible considering how fast this has all come togethor.

Myself, Trevor and Jerry have been working on getting everything together day and night since this started.

FIND US A TREASURER!

I think I speak for everyone when I ask how this is happening without a PAC. I don't doubt you have researched the topic tremendously, but for peace of mind and also for future campaign efforts, how the hell is that going to work?

RockHoward
11-30-2007, 10:24 PM
If the blimp project needs to support multiple candidates, then the list of candidates on http://LibertyCongress.org would be a good starting point. Most have endorsed Ron Paul and all emulate him to some degree. And the list will certainly be expanding as many more patriots signup to run for office during the next few months.