PDA

View Full Version : What will a possible US military intervention in Syria entail?

DamianTV
08-27-2013, 02:11 AM
I found this poll on a website not worth linking to due to the content. But the poll itself I thought posed some worthy questions. Just as a personal experiment, I wanted to see how the results of the poll here differ from the source, which I may post later...

enhanced_deficit
08-27-2013, 02:22 AM
First Option is the short answer (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?425434-Red-Line-Syria-Iran-threaten-to-destroy-Israeli-nuclear-sites-if-attacked&p=5195882&viewfull=1#post5195882) to poll question.

susano
08-27-2013, 02:56 AM
Disaster. Choice 1.

What it will entail is a no fly zone, something the terrorists and McCain have been demanding for months. That means surface to air missiles from Syria, dontcha think? Right off the bat it's going to explode into a huge conflict with massive numbers of innocents killed.

J_White
08-27-2013, 04:25 AM
No Fly zone,
Bombing govt strongholds, possibly killing innocent civilians as collateral damage (they will later be labeled - "Enemy combatants")
If Assad is taken down, rebels ( i mean, AQ) will take up power with or without fake elections,
A puppet will be elected for high office,
oil or other contracts will be given to american companies,
security contractors will have a field day defending those assets,
civil war like conditions will prevail,
infighting will occur within "rebel" (read terro rist) factions,
innocent civilians will suffer while some puppets and US favored warlords will gain power and riches,
US civilians will lose more money and gain more hate.

did i cover everything ?

DamianTV
08-27-2013, 04:47 AM
We attack Syria, Iran attacks Israel. Russia and China have both warned against our involvement. Hell, who do you think gave their "Rebels" the Chem Weapons in the first place? Then you have these same rebels, not even a different group but the same damn people when they are in other countries doing the same shit, we fight em over there, then fund em over here. Goal is to destablize the entire region. And anything that involves Israel, Russia and China very well could set off WWIII.

paulbot24
08-27-2013, 05:30 AM
We attack Syria, Iran attacks Israel. Russia and China have both warned against our involvement. Hell, who do you think gave their "Rebels" the Chem Weapons in the first place? Then you have these same rebels, not even a different group but the same damn people when they are in other countries doing the same shit, we fight em over there, then fund em over here. Goal is to destabilize the entire region. And anything that involves Israel, Russia and China very well could set off WWIII.

Reported to the SPLC for disturbing anti-American hate speech. Our boys will be over there supporting our freedoms and that is your way of expressing gratitude? /sarc off

Yes I know it is a difficult time to be sarcastic, given the magnitude of the events. However, I suppose it is my defense mechanism when watching something so awful like this transpiring, and knowing there is not a damn thing I can do to stop it.

DamianTV
08-27-2013, 07:05 AM
Its a mad mad mad mad mad world! Mad I tell you! Mad enough to throw it all in the woods!

WM_in_MO
08-27-2013, 07:32 AM
Its a mad mad mad mad mad world! Mad I tell you! Mad enough to throw it all in the woods!
Seriously, quit throwing everything there! ;)

Matthew5
08-27-2013, 07:52 AM
Maybe it's a chance to fight Russia on familiar territory rather than in their homeland. Winter is coming, you know.

pcosmar
08-27-2013, 07:53 AM

It is..
I couldn't vote in the poll, Choice #1 is close,,but I'm not sure that will be the final Kickoff.
It is a step in that direction.

There will be a cataclysmic war.. Great effort is going toward that. There are still some not committed to it.
They will have to be antagonized. So I'm not sure this will "set the region ablaze".. but it is a step in that direction.

bolil
08-27-2013, 08:07 AM
I love the rationale: Gates, "Intelligence will prove that Assad used chemical weapons." As in, at some point in the future this attack will be justified, maybe.

Let the 'intelligence' prove it now, that shouldn't be to tall a task for the NSA. If their panopticon like intellegence gathering cannot even yield solid results on something as serious as chemical war, what good is it?

The only way intelligence is involved with this war mongering is by being suspiciously absent from it.

presence
08-27-2013, 08:27 AM
No Fly zone,
Bombing govt strongholds, possibly killing innocent civilians as collateral damage (they will later be labeled - "Enemy combatants")
If Assad is taken down, rebels ( i mean, AQ) will take up power with or without fake elections,
A puppet will be elected for high office,
oil or other contracts will be given to american companies,
security contractors will have a field day defending those assets,
civil war like conditions will prevail,
infighting will occur within "rebel" (read terro rist) factions,
innocent civilians will suffer while some puppets and US favored warlords will gain power and riches,
US civilians will lose more money and gain more hate.

did i cover everything ?

No you missed the $150 toilet seats from Haliburton

phill4paul
08-27-2013, 08:33 AM
Seriously, quit throwing everything there! ;)

I know, right? I don't need THAT kind of pollution in my bug-out wilds.

08-27-2013, 08:56 AM
Another Iraq with the possibility of WW3

juleswin
08-27-2013, 09:03 AM
I would like to vote for option 2 but I would like to add that it would be the kind of stability a woman who is trying to fight off/escape a rapist would experience after being capture, imprisoned and raped by her attacker. Yea, the struggle would be over and her life more stable but she would be better off if the rapist left her alone in the first place.

Barrex
08-27-2013, 10:03 AM
It will set the whole Middle East region ablaze.

I wouldnt notice the difference.

donnay
08-27-2013, 10:09 AM
Endless war and the end game for our country, as we know it.

pcosmar
08-27-2013, 10:13 AM
I wouldnt notice the difference.

Yes,, you will. Israeli nukes will be coming your way.

It's called the Samson Option.

Pericles
08-27-2013, 10:42 AM
You can get the Air Force and Navy brass on board easily - here is an opportunity to spend millions in order to blow up stuff worth thousands, and not risk any human pilots. Then one thing leads to another, and I'll need to crank up the margarita machine in order to think about this some more.