PDA

View Full Version : How do YOU wake up friends and family?

paulbot24
08-25-2013, 06:14 PM
I am always trying to introduce people to liberty and help wake people up to what is going on in our politics and our world. I have tried many different approaches with family and friends, sometimes successful, other times, well, not so successful.... I am interested to know what are some approaches others have used with their friends and family. I don't want to get to that point to where they are basically like "Uh oh, don't mention _____________ around him." Yet at the same time I am not about to give up. Can people on here give me some suggestions?:)

pcosmar
08-25-2013, 06:20 PM
How do YOU wake up friends and family?

http://www.wikihow.com/Pop-a-Bag

ronpaulfollower999
08-25-2013, 06:23 PM
Telling my mom about police abuses nationwide, than watching some relatives have to put up with the same sh** definitely helped her wake up.

Sola_Fide
08-25-2013, 06:23 PM
Beat them over the head with it until they hate the thought of even seeing you again.

Antischism
08-25-2013, 06:43 PM
Music, actually. I got a lot of my friends growing up who were otherwise apathetic, into anarcho punk and other sub-genres with political messages. I found ways to get them to read the lyrics, and eventually, they took an interest in politics and understand a lot of the reasons why military intervention, the drug war, racism, poverty and economic strife are all products of corrupt government and the State.

It doesn't have to be just music obviously, but I think my main point or what I've figured out here, is that the best way to get people to awaken politically, is to ease it into their lives in a palatable way. Do it in a way that can be enjoyable for them, and never be forceful. Respect them, and never get into vicious arguments. Be reasonable and try to understand their point of view, while also offering your thoughts and making counter-arguments that make them think. If in the end, they don't want to listen or have no interest, let it go.

paulbot24
08-25-2013, 06:56 PM
Do it in a way that can be enjoyable for them, and never be forceful. Respect them, and never get into vicious arguments. Be reasonable and try to understand their point of view, while also offering your thoughts and making counter-arguments that make them think. If in the end, they don't want to listen or have no interest, let it go.

This is great advice. I know I give them reasons to think but I also know I give them headaches. What I want to avoid more than anything is seeing them avoid talking about important things because I am around. It gets frustrating because it seems like every time my family gets together it always ends up the same way. Nobody wants to talk about something important because "they wouldn't want to offend somebody" or they sit and talk about TV shows and stupid apps on their phone the whole time.....FRUSTRATING!

fr33
08-25-2013, 07:09 PM
I had a talk with my dad the other day about the NSA and he seemed legitimately concerned about it. Unfortunately I know that he wouldn't even listen to it if Romney were president. So for me it helps get through to them if there's a democrat administration.

Natural Citizen
08-25-2013, 07:09 PM
Beat them over the head with it until they hate the thought of even seeing you again.

Maybe not a good idea.

jjdoyle
08-25-2013, 07:44 PM
I've given up on most. They are too lazy to even read a book, much less watch a 10 minute video clip on YouTube. Just make sure you have YOURSELF prepared with basic necessities. Despite presenting them with facts, history, and using reason and logic with them, they are so completely stupid and lazy, they either can't respond, or respond with, "At least he's not the other one." (Meaning, they're stuck in a two party mindset.)

When you have a President that is drone-striking people around the world, while playing golf, and the "Left" doesn't care. I think it shows how they will continue doing as they please.
When you have a President sending soldiers to war, based on a lie(s), and many of those "Republicans" would vote for him again. There's really NOT much we can do.

As long as they have their NFL, NHL, and Fox News, CNN, etc., they will be perfectly happy proles.

Brett85
08-25-2013, 07:50 PM
I've found that there's a huge generation gap, that it's much easier to convert younger people to support liberty candidates and support the principles of liberty than to convert people who are older. I convinced both of my sisters and my brother in law to vote for Ron in 2012, but I could never convince my dad to vote for him under any circumstances. He's just not open at all to changing any of his political views. I think he can tolerate Rand better than Ron, but I don't think he would actually vote for Rand in a GOP primary either. My mom is a little more open minded to my point of view, but she's still very socially conservative and would probably support a more socially conservative candidate like Santorum over Rand. So, from my experience it's much easier to convert younger people to support liberty candidates and support liberty principles than to convince the older generations to change their political views. A lot of older people have political views that are set in stone, and they aren't going to change.

WM_in_MO
08-25-2013, 08:04 PM
I am always trying to introduce people to liberty and help wake people up to what is going on in our politics and our world. I have tried many different approaches with family and friends, sometimes successful, other times, well, not so successful.... I am interested to know what are some approaches others have used with their friends and family. I don't want to get to that point to where they are basically like "Uh oh, don't mention _____________ around him." Yet at the same time I am not about to give up. Can people on here give me some suggestions?:)

Be informed, be friendly. Let THEM bring things up!

If you have a FedBook account use it to share videos, pictures, and articles that educate the masses.

LearnLiberty.org is great

Lewrockwell.com has new articles daily.

Use the many meme generators to use humor to "Beg the question"

Brian4Liberty
08-25-2013, 08:57 PM
It's hard to change the minds of the ignorant brainwashed. Your alternatives have been demonized by the brainwashers.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
08-25-2013, 08:59 PM
With people I choose or am forced to deal with I tend to just latch on like a bulldog on the heel of an intruder and refuse to let go or drop the issue until they give in.

Christian Liberty
08-25-2013, 09:00 PM

Sometimes I feel like that's what I end up doing:sad:

They still love me though:)

DamianTV
08-25-2013, 09:09 PM
Keep showing em shit like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=1rwmD4c_NxI

ClydeCoulter
08-25-2013, 09:16 PM
I just keep telling them what is going on and what is wrong with it and how it should be, and then wait. Sooner or later it becomes news (obvious), then they go, oh...okay, now I see what you were saying.

What was it that Ron said, they can't unhear what you tell them?

Theocrat
08-25-2013, 09:20 PM
One of the tactics that I use to wake people up is breaking down the fundamental issue in a way that speaks to the person I'm talking to. For instance, on the subject of taxation, I like to empower my audience by reminding them that they know what to do with their own money more than the government does. If that is the case, then they should support any policy and/or politician that will fight to allow them to keep more of their money at home. In my experience, speaking to them in that way gets away from typical, partisan talking points about "raising taxes on the wealthy," or "instituting the 'Fair Tax.'" It gets them to see that they are entitled to keep their money and use it however their circumstances and conscience dictate, in contrast to just letting the government take it out of their income without their permission.

I argue that way, similarly, on many other issues, such as education, foreign policy/war, and commercial trade. It definitely seems to open their eyes a bit, even sometimes giving me a recommendation to run for office because they see how it makes sense. Try it, and see how that may work for you.

LibForestPaul
08-25-2013, 09:44 PM
I've given up on most. They are too lazy to even read a book, much less watch a 10 minute video clip on YouTube. Just make sure you have YOURSELF prepared with basic necessities. Despite presenting them with facts, history, and using reason and logic with them, they are so completely stupid and lazy, they either can't respond, or respond with, "At least he's not the other one." (Meaning, they're stuck in a two party mindset.)

When you have a President that is drone-striking people around the world, while playing golf, and the "Left" doesn't care. I think it shows how they will continue doing as they please.
When you have a President sending soldiers to war, based on a lie(s), and many of those "Republicans" would vote for him again. There's really NOT much we can do.

As long as they have their NFL, NHL, and Fox News, CNN, etc., they will be perfectly happy proles.

Go Red Team. Go Blue team, What does Faux News say?

Christian Liberty
08-25-2013, 09:45 PM
even sometimes giving me a recommendation to run for office because they see how it makes sense

If you want to have a chance, don't mention homosexuality:p

susano
08-26-2013, 12:25 AM
Keep showing em shit like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=1rwmD4c_NxI

EFF & FBI Face-Off Over NGI Facial Recognition Database
http://siliconangle.com/blog/2013/06/28/eff-fbi-face-off-over-ngi-facial-recognition-database/

RickyJ
08-26-2013, 12:45 AM
I have come to the conclusion that you can't wake up people that don't want to wake up. Kind of like you can't help a person that doesn't want to be helped. Don't worry about it, all you can do is try, if it doesn't work then try on other people. Some will wake up, most won't. You are talking about 9/11, right? :D

Barrex
08-26-2013, 07:13 AM
It helps when half of your family was on black list and named as "enemy of the state" by secret police during last communist regime. I, like 99% of my family, was libertarian (miniarchist, voluntarist...) whole my life. I just didnt know a name for it. In general anything that you say against state is well accepted in BiH.

tod evans
08-26-2013, 07:27 AM
Speaking as a person older than your father I feel secure in pointing out that the message is sound.

I've found that there's a huge generation gap, that it's much easier to convert younger people to support liberty candidates and support the principles of liberty than to convert people who are older. So, from my experience it's much easier to convert younger people to support liberty candidates and support liberty principles than to convince the older generations to change their political views. A lot of older people have political views that are set in stone, and they aren't going to change.

cajuncocoa
08-26-2013, 07:59 AM
Keep talking. Don't give up.

specsaregood
08-26-2013, 08:15 AM
I start by not referring to it as "wake up", and avoid terms like ignorant, naïve, brainwashed, sheeple, etc.

Brian4Liberty
08-26-2013, 10:32 AM
I start by not referring to it as "wake up", and avoid terms like ignorant, naïve, brainwashed, sheeple, etc.

Of course you don't use those grammatically accurate (except for the new word "sheeple"), yet potentially inflammatory terms when trying to convince someone.

CaptUSA
08-26-2013, 10:41 AM
Ask them questions that cause them to ask their own questions. Do not supply them with answers.

Nothing is so strong as your conviction when you have discovered a truth for yourself.

specsaregood
08-26-2013, 12:00 PM
Of course you don't use those grammatically accurate (except for the new word "sheeple"), yet potentially inflammatory terms when trying to convince someone.

The interesting thing is... when you continually use those terms in private or in the echo chamber it changes your attitude so that even though you might not use them when in varied company there is a good chance that your true feelings --such as: superiority and smugness -- will still be obvious to those you are trying to sway your direction. just saying...

Christian Liberty
08-26-2013, 12:11 PM
The interesting thing is... when you continually use those terms in private or in the echo chamber it changes your attitude so that even though you might not use them when in varied company there is a good chance that your true feelings --such as: superiority and smugness -- will still be obvious to those you are trying to sway your direction. just saying...

I'm sorry that reality is offensive to people. I'm honestly done caring. They can screw themselves.

KingNothing
08-26-2013, 01:03 PM
Lead by example: work hard, be kind to people, learn as much as possible.
Listen to others: Understand their concerns and the issues they care most about.
Convey optimism during conversation: Empathize with others and use relevant information, presented in an optimistic manner, to explain the Libertarian(or whatever) solution.

mczerone
08-26-2013, 01:25 PM
Be informed, be friendly. Let THEM bring things up!

If you have a FedBook account use it to share videos, pictures, and articles that educate the masses.

LearnLiberty.org is great

Lewrockwell.com has new articles daily.

Use the many meme generators to use humor to "Beg the question"

This is close to what I do.

I get along with may different people, and leave political philosophy out of most conversations.

But as soon as they start complaining about X or Y, I have an opening.

First, sympathize with their complaint.

Second, analyze their complaint - find where the real problem to this symptom lies.

Third, offer the freedom solution that (1) solves their complaint, and (2) predicts their fears and sets them to rest before they fester.

The most important pitfall to avoid is giving specific "central planner" solutions to the problem that can be attacked for short-sited flaws and be attached to your entire philosophy. For example, you don't want the other person to say, "Well, he thinks that roads can be paved with gummi-bears, and that's the freedom solution, so freedom is unworkable for anything."

Arklatex
08-26-2013, 02:38 PM
Lead by example: work hard, be kind to people, learn as much as possible.

I 2nd this, those who are meant to wake up will ask questions and get interested on their own rather than you preaching. Attract them to you and let them ask the questions.

NoOneButPaul
08-26-2013, 07:26 PM

I haven't been able to decide if that will actually work but it seems the only option.

The older generations are so far gone it's damn near impossible to break through to them. They are so caught up in the false right-left paradigm they can't see how fucked everything is.

I've started to come to the conclusion (which was given to me by an elderly liberty fighter a long time ago that I initially refused to accept) is the best thing to do is just forget them and do what you can. Let them get slaughtered. It's hard to let that happen but people will only learn if they make the mistake themselves. Make your position known completely and then be done with it. When we are proven right at least we might get listened to next time...

mosquitobite
08-26-2013, 08:12 PM
https://www.coursera.org/course/thinkagain

Online course -free

Think Again: How to Reason and Argue
Walter Sinnott-Armstrong and Ram Neta
Reasoning is important. This course will teach you how to do it well. You will learn how to understand and assess arguments by other people and how to construct good arguments of your own about whatever matters to you.

Workload: 5-6 hours/week

Steely Dan
08-26-2013, 08:31 PM
I 2nd this, those who are meant to wake up will ask questions and get interested on their own rather than you preaching. Attract them to you and let them ask the questions.

Agreed, you have to make them seek it out. Whether its you they seek it from or some other source. As long as they are interested/concerned is about the best I think you can hope for. Its easy to get into know it all mode and not even realize you're doing it. Some people will just never be convinced of anything unless its on the boob tube. All you can do is hope they "come around" and start asking questions or seeking truth from somewhere besides the teevee. I'm at the point where I'm kinda done talking to people about it unless they bring it up.

PS .... Howdy T town neighbor :cool:

Henry Rogue
08-26-2013, 09:11 PM
I would like to know myself. I can't even get my Wife on board, she just doesn't want to hear about it.

bkreigh
08-26-2013, 09:24 PM
I dont talk about it constantly. I usually wait for them to bring up the topic and voice my opinion. Soon enough something in the news will validate said opinion and ill bring it to their attention. Political views are something that wont change overnight or through a month or even a year or two. If you talk about politics try and do it in a real casual way and make sure the conversation doesnt drag on. Short points here and there seem to work the best.

To be honest im not sure if i have "changed" anybody nor do i care. I have made them think though and thats pretty much all you can hope for.

eduardo89
08-26-2013, 09:36 PM
I would like to know myself. I can't even get my Wife on board, she just doesn't want to hear about it.

It's very tough, especially with women in my experience. With my girlfriend I got her to start questioning her second religion (statism) by talking about school choice when we were looking for a pre-school for our daughter. You have to start with things that interest her and which affect her, and start by just planting seeds. Don't get into too many details, but make her start asking you questions.

fr33
08-26-2013, 09:46 PM

Damn that is rough.

Natural Citizen
08-26-2013, 09:55 PM
Ths may sound sadistic so forgive me. It's the way I genuinly feel about it. I think it's best to just let the drones sleep until the alarm goes off. The one that kicks down the door and bangs the cymbal so loud that their heads bounce off the ceiling.

No, this doesn't include family, obviously. By default the family is typically of the same meme.

Christian Liberty
08-26-2013, 10:34 PM
I haven't been able to decide if that will actually work but it seems the only option.

The older generations are so far gone it's damn near impossible to break through to them. They are so caught up in the false right-left paradigm they can't see how fucked everything is.

I've started to come to the conclusion (which was given to me by an elderly liberty fighter a long time ago that I initially refused to accept) is the best thing to do is just forget them and do what you can. Let them get slaughtered. It's hard to let that happen but people will only learn if they make the mistake themselves. Make your position known completely and then be done with it. When we are proven right at least we might get listened to next time...

What do you mean "Let them get slaughtered" exactly?

BTW: I don't think they will get slaughtered. They'll get their entitlements, courtesy of my generation, and then die, and leave my generation and probably yours as well (Don't know how old you are) with the mess.

It's very tough, especially with women in my experience. With my girlfriend I got her to start questioning her second religion (statism) by talking about school choice when we were looking for a pre-school for our daughter. You have to start with things that interest her and which affect her, and start by just planting seeds. Don't get into too many details, but make her start asking you questions.

I'm curious how statist she was if you think she was a statist?

eduardo89
08-26-2013, 10:40 PM
I'm curious how statist she was if you think she was a statist?

I'm not an anarchist or extreme libertarian like you, I live in the real world. I'm a paleoconservative and a minarchist. I believe that government should exist, but it should be as small and local as possible. 90% of what the government does today should be handled by the private sector: education, healthcare, mass transit, air traffic control, etc. I do think that there is a proper role for government, such as national defense on a federal level and things such as law enforcement on a local level.

Christian Liberty
08-26-2013, 11:15 PM
I'm not an anarchist or extreme libertarian like you, I live in the real world. I'm a paleoconservative and a minarchist. I believe that government should exist, but it should be as small and local as possible. 90% of what the government does today should be handled by the private sector: education, healthcare, mass transit, air traffic control, etc. I do think that there is a proper role for government, such as national defense on a federal level and things such as law enforcement on a local level.

I'm not anarchist either, just so black and white with minarchism that I resemble one:p

paulbot24
08-27-2013, 02:04 AM

I don't use these terms with my friends and family. I already annoy them with how much I talk about liberty. If I started insulting them by calling them brainwashed and using words like sheeple, it would be over. I say things like "wake up" and "the masses" on here because I know you guys can handle it. Don't worry, if I want to get into a "libtard" kindergarten conversation, I know to just head over to Huffington Post.

Champ
08-27-2013, 05:24 AM
This topic of speaking with friends and family is a tough one. I've never spent so much mental and emotional energy on trying to do one thing, which really equates to the same end result of trying to convince a wall that the government is out of control. Not much. I wish I had an answer to this question in the proper way to breakthrough to people you care about, but it's hard to undo 20, 30, 40, or whatever amount of years and decades worth of indoctrination at every level of life in this country.

The only thing I know for sure, is people don't want to be told or explained the truth. They want to come upon it on their own volition and feel as if they have made their own personal breakthrough on a topic. I've seen some steady results over the past 6 years with my loved ones, but it's largely due to the media and the political climate slowly changing as a result of the libertarian movement and people like Ron Paul advocating fresh new (old in actuality) political policies. The NSA leaks have helped in this department.

As I've personally become aware of more of what's going on, I've felt more inclined than ever to express these things to close family in a more adamant way and some people have been more responsive since I've taken that approach, but there is still such a large gap between their beliefs and the reality of the country they are living in, that I fear I am too late in my attempts.

I think the single best thing that has made any kind of breakthrough was explaining the political system, how the game is rigged, how there is only one political party in this country and that both parties achieve pretty much the same goal, under the guise of having completely different platforms. Both are guilty of creating wars, government expansion, reducing civil rights, and supporting an atrocious currency system without hesitation. I showed them both the RNC and DNC youtube videos of the parties ignoring the people and passing the measures they wanted to as proof of this. I explain the time for politics has ended, and the people have to do something at this point to take back this country because it's not being run by the people anymore, but by the few select people actually in power doing the string pulling. They have responded to this thankfully, but we've got a long ways to go yet.

KingNothing
08-27-2013, 06:53 AM

I think that all of my closest friends and family are ambivalent towards politics but respectful of my opinion and see that our issues mean so much to me that they just go along for the ride and vote the way I ask them to.

Suzu
08-27-2013, 08:19 AM
Recently I discovered a not-too-lengthy video that really says it all, and it's easy for the non-politically-minded to follow, too. You will want to download it and make it into a DVD that can be copied. It's also available on this DVD that you can buy (http://www.onedollardvdproject.com/Videos/AllWars/). Watch it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfEBupAeo4‎

I've found that if you want someone to watch a video, it's best to sit down with them and watch together. Tell them you want to hear their opinion about it after they see it. Believe me this one opens minds!

DGambler
08-27-2013, 11:00 AM
This is something that has worked for me: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?388110-How-to-talk-about-Foreign-Policy-with-the-mainstream-R-s&highlight=neighbor

enoch150
08-28-2013, 08:17 PM
Don't talk about what you think is most important. Just use whatever they're interested in and build on it. Maybe slip in something about NSA spying if they're talking about phones. Easier with tv shows. Pick your moments, don't bludgeon them with stuff. Time is on your side.

CaptLouAlbano
08-29-2013, 06:08 PM
In my experience, logic always wins. When discussing an issue with someone, I let them voice their opinion and then will proceed to ask them a series of questions that will cause them to back themselves into an illogical corner, thus showing the inconsistency of their view. Once they have throughout confused themselves I then present the alternative view demonstrating its logic and how it lines up with the founding principles of the country.

jjdoyle
08-30-2013, 12:54 AM
In my experience, logic always wins. When discussing an issue with someone, I let them voice their opinion and then will proceed to ask them a series of questions that will cause them to back themselves into an illogical corner, thus showing the inconsistency of their view. Once they have throughout confused themselves I then present the alternative view demonstrating its logic and how it lines up with the founding principles of the country.

Logic, can't win over stupidity from my experiences, even though it is usually RIGHT. You can ask questions, based on history, facts, etc., and their stupidity just won't have it. You can use their OWN words, and ask them to explain their OWN words...and you get no response. Yet, they continue own in their stupidity.

Mani
08-30-2013, 04:07 AM
This is a good question.

Everyone is a bit different. SOme people, like my parents. I don't bother. They were independents once upon a time (when I was young), now they are old and they are Fox news bots. They just repeat whatever is said on fox news. It's completely useless to speak with them. The older they get the more Foxnews robots they become.

With the rest of people, I try to find the issue the they can RELATE TO.

Are they big into privacy? *BOOM* NSA, snooping, etc. My cousin freaked out at the amusement park in tampa where they wanted you to look into the camera and do a facial recognition while submitting his ticket. He refused. (This was a couple years ago). Hit him on privacy and stuff.

Do they think police are bullies? Unjust? Assholes? (well...give him a few AF articles, and make sure they are CLOSE TO HOME, in his neighborhood or nearby).

Do they hate stupid Pot laws?

Do they hate war?

Do they think your milk or food is full of B.S chemicals? Mansanto haters? They like ORGANIC foods???

Do they think we are over medicating kids and turning them into zombies? Well well, there's plenty of Big Pharma evils to discuss (school shootings and more).

Do they hate taxes? Or Government waste? Well, there's unlimited things you could discuss.

I try to FIRST find the CONNECTION with people, so they AGREE with you. Now they are not DEFENSIVE, they are "OK, this guy, he has credibility, I trust his opinion. I agree with him."

Then I try to dig a little bit further so if they are open to seeing the light....Soft selling a little bit...Just give them a little. I won't go from, "Man taxes are too high right? Hey that 9/11 shit was an inside job and the government puts chemicals in the water that will make your dick fall off, and they will stuff you in a FEMA camp if you complain about it....I'm serious...check out this video..."

That's not going to work. And I've seen people do that. I was at a Ron Paul meet up many years back, and this guy was a Phd or Md of some kind and he talked a lot of sense....People were paying attention to him. Then he went on a HUGE RANT about CHEMTRAILS and got really intense about the Planes and the chemicals falling from the sky..and he wouldn't shutup about it, and then people walked away...like....WTF is that guy smoking...In his first meeting with tons of people he built up credibility and then lost it all and was tuned out.

I have a friend who read the hunger games and felt uncomfortable that maybe that could be a terrible reality one day. She's a liberal, anti-war, gay rights, into organic foods etc. So I read it as well and it was a good to build rapport. She was open to hearing more, and every day I have her sounding more and more libertarian. She seeing beyond the left/right paradigm. I know I cannot agree with her on every point, She hates guns and she cried for days on Sandy Hook. I don't need her to agree on every point, as long as I can wake her up to all the other stuff going on it's still a win. I don't need a libertarian clone, I just need someone who can see beyond the MSM BS that we are fed everyday.

Some people who follow their politics closely and listen to Hannity and Rush day and night...They may not be open. I think they enjoy the Red team Vs Blue team B.S. just too much. It's like a football game, so the truth doesn't matter as much as winning.

However, I have met people who listened to Rush everyday for years and years, and one day found themselves a bit lost by President Bush's actions, and Ron Paul walked in and something clicked. They began to see things in a totally different light, and of course I was adding my 2 cents all along the way.

The great thing about loving liberty is you can usually find SOMETHING that a Liberal or Conservative or Independent will agree with. Use that as your way to find a commonality, and then gauge if they are open to finding out more....Open to seeing the truth and waking up.

CaptLouAlbano
08-30-2013, 05:56 AM
Logic, can't win over stupidity from my experiences, even though it is usually RIGHT. You can ask questions, based on history, facts, etc., and their stupidity just won't have it. You can use their OWN words, and ask them to explain their OWN words...and you get no response. Yet, they continue own in their stupidity.

In that instance, you are dead in the water regardless of what you do. As I see it, the job of an activist is to influence and persuade voters towards a specific action (i.e. voting for my candidate of choice). I state my case, do what I can to secure the voting decision and if not, then move on to the next one.

DamianTV
08-30-2013, 06:17 AM
How about this. What did it take to awaken YOU? Not your friends or family, but you? How did you wake up?

(General Question for everyone)

Americans1st
08-30-2013, 10:52 AM

Wake up and do what? All of the "awake" do nothing except internet. You need folks in real life meeting up daily doing things. The monsters that rule the world don't do so via the internet. They need no "waking up". They network and get whatever they demand.