PDA

View Full Version : How YOU can help reunite a liberty lover and his son.

noneedtoaggress
08-24-2013, 12:02 PM
I don't know if this video was posted here when it went viral:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rYFY3POHk2k#t=1615

While the video turned out positively (Thank God, considering the mother chose to involve the police in an attempt to force her son back) I just came across this update, learned more about the family behind it, and had to share: Caleb (the father) is staunch libertarian who seems to be involved with Peaceful Streets Project (police accountability) and other libertarian activism in Texas. His son wants to live with his father, and they're getting thrust into the system. If you can't donate to help these guys out, I'm sure sharing this story would be appreciated.

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/team-parker

Short Summary

14 year old Parker Leverett captured the world's heart in this emotional 72 minute video. He lived with his dad (Caleb Leverett) for about 2 1/2 months after this video was made. On August 19, 2013, Judge Denn Whalen in Ector County, TX ordered that Parker go back to his mom's and step-dad's house. They just moved to San Antonio, TX which is about a 6 hour drive from Parker's home town of Odessa, TX. Parker was given about 15 minutes to tell his family goodbye. It was an emotional tear-jerker, all of which was caught on camera.

Caleb Leverett is an extremely dedicated, single father. He has turned down financial contributions in the past, but now has no choice to seek counsel.
Everyone knows that custody battles are not cheap.
This legal battle doesn't end with Caleb and Parker's case. This sort of injustice is rampant and Caleb has vowed to help others after this is over by drawing attention to other atrocities.
The $25,000 goal is merely an estimate. Your contribution will go to fund the legal defense team and costs for travel for Caleb to be able to see all four of his kids while waiting for the trial (trial date has not been set yet, but will be posted as soon as it is known)

What We Need & What You Get

Caleb Leverett is not a financially wealthy man.

This isn't a typical Indiegogo campaign.
Caleb has a long track record of being a huge proponent of non-violent parenting.
We don't have a bunch of perks to offer, but there are some Team Parker t-shirts being made.
Caleb is very opinionated and many of his opinions are in the public domain. You may not always agree with everything he says, but there is no doubt that he is an extremely loving, peaceful and dedicated dad.
The Impact

Thousands of kids all over the world are forced against their will to live with a parent that they don't want to live with, when the other parent is more than willing to take them into their home. This has become an epidemic.
We must stand up and fight for what is right.
"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it." -Martin Luther King, Jr.
Other Ways You Can Help

Even if you cannot contribute financially, you can still help this noble cause.

Please watch the video. As of today, it has over 135,000 views and about a 98% thumbs up rating.
Please share the video and this link on all of your social media

noneedtoaggress
08-25-2013, 12:42 PM
No comment? No one even had anything to say about the video? :(

Seraphim
08-25-2013, 01:10 PM
The cops did a good job.

Seraphim
08-25-2013, 01:10 PM
and LOL @ the mom calling that kidnapping.

noneedtoaggress
08-25-2013, 01:17 PM
The cops did a good job.

I agree, the initial cop seemed a bit confused about the situation when it came to the mother applying force to get her kid out. He says a few things that seem contradictory and the mother accuses him of backtracking. But I can understand that.

The mother wanting to press assault charges on the kid to get him out after she stuck her hand through the window of the car was disturbing.

TheTexan
08-25-2013, 01:35 PM
IANAL, but could they pull the same routine they did in the video? Force the mom to get another court order?

noneedtoaggress
08-25-2013, 01:57 PM
IANAL, but could they pull the same routine they did in the video? Force the mom to get another court order?

I don't know either but I'm doubting it, and I think they're looking for a long term solution to resolve it.

Apparently they have a Facebook page here, too:

https://www.facebook.com/teamparker.org

Latest post with information:

Caleb Leverett has not had contact with his 3 youngest children since he returned them per his custody agreement weeks ago. Caleb has not had contact with Parker since they left the courthouse and he was returned to his mother's custody on August 19, 2013.

There are some things that cannot be discussed. However, when updates are available information will be posted. Thank you for your support. "Land of the free" ?

~MH