PDA

View Full Version : Pelosi: Congressional pay cut undermines dignity of the job

ronpaulfollower999
08-23-2013, 06:05 PM
"I don't think we should do it; I think we should respect the work we do," Pelosi told reporters in the Capitol. "I think it's necessary for us to have the dignity of the job that we have rewarded."

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/283341-pelosi-congressional-pay-cut-undermines-dignity-of-the-job-

http://31.media.tumblr.com/1a36f63d61b4bad44244164a51c333c0/tumblr_mj0sbwVxPx1r4ugi5o1_500.gif

http://31.media.tumblr.com/b6444a7b87515fe9a933eaf0ae13f4ed/tumblr_mgqfduk6CT1rkb0m7o1_500.gif

presence
08-23-2013, 06:13 PM
Pelosi's presence undermines the dignity of the position.

Federal pay should be capped at US individual per capita income; that'd light a fire under their ass.

Dr.3D
08-23-2013, 06:33 PM
So she doesn't understand who she is working for. Does the employee usually get paid more than their employer?

fr33
08-23-2013, 06:41 PM
Dignity. heh. They rank just under the dogsh!t on my shoe.

JK/SEA
08-23-2013, 07:07 PM
Dignity. heh. They rank just under the dogsh!t on my shoe.

you're being generous.

Philhelm
08-23-2013, 07:08 PM
Fuck shit piss cunt whore!!! These people infuriate me.

amy31416
08-23-2013, 07:30 PM
Congressmen should receive the average salary of their district, and have no benefits. Senators should receive the average of their state, and no benefits.

They should also serve hard time (in labor prisons) if they violate the Constitution--all these assholes shouting "traitor" at Manning/Snowden while they've violated probably every aspect of their oath. And the labor prisons only receive the resources that their work brings in.

I'd write an executive order to get that through. Elect me!

rprprs
08-23-2013, 07:40 PM
Congressmen should receive the average salary of their district, and have no benefits. Senators should receive the average of their state, and no benefits.

They should also serve hard time (in labor prisons) if they violate the Constitution--all these assholes shouting "traitor" at Manning/Snowden while they've violated probably every aspect of their oath. And the labor prisons only receive the resources that their work brings in.

When's the first moneybomb? I'm ready to max out! :)

Christian Liberty
08-23-2013, 08:12 PM

LOL!

Or better yet, throw all of them in the woods:p

Christian Liberty
08-23-2013, 08:37 PM
I'm curious what kind of "dignity" Nancy Pelosi believes she has. I mean, I know congressmen are all liars, but how the crap does she expect us to believe her? How the crap does she reconcile these statements in her mind?

Rep. Ron Paul actually had dignity, yet he voted to slash and burn his own salary. And IIRC he didn't even take his retirement, even though I would have no objection to him doing so.