PDA

View Full Version : Attacked by Pit Bulls: A Mundane's Response

jclay2
08-23-2013, 03:06 PM
This is the story of a family acquaintance that I knew when I was around 5 years old. This guy is definitely not your average mundane. However, I think it shows the striking difference between a real tough guy and scared boys in blue. Another key difference in this story is that these dogs were truly violent, attacking without being provoked and entering someone else's territory.

Having a great CasterFest, but there was an incident last night. Cecil, NATO, Jacob and I were riding M-Bikes on the beach, I stopped because I had gotten too far ahead (thank God). All of a sudden I saw 4 pairs of Green eyes coming at me. It was 4 pitbulls loose on the beach. One lunged and got my finger in his mouth while another went for my leg. The other two were not far behind. I managed to kick one away and the other got my finger in his mouth and was pulling on it. His tooth stuck into my middle finger nail and he was clamped on it; it hurt bad. I jammed my thumb in his eye and he yelped and let go. They were circling me snarling and lunging. I swung my bike at them but they kept coming from all directions. I think if they had got me down it would have been very ugly. Fortunately, NATO, Cecil and Jacob showed up and NATO was swinging his bike at them like a wild man. I don't think I have ever seen Cecil quite so angry.
We put our backs together and held our own until the owner subdued two of them and chained them. The others were still threatening but the odds were now in our favor so we were able to hold them off. The owner then got a hold on the other two. I was very upset and blood was dripping from my hand onto the sand. Cecil went back to the camp site and got the first aid kit. I told the owner this was not even close to cool. He was very afraid of what would happen next. I asked if they had their shots and he said yes. I asked to see the tags but he said he didn't have them with (yea right). It was night time and Cecil had his emergency flashers as he administered first aid.
Cecil had gone back and got his car with the first aid kit. Then a cop came by. I saw the life drain out of the owner's face when the cop stopped as he was sure he was going to jail. The cop said to us; "You need to get this car moving." What a moron. I decided to show mercy and told the cop we would move without reporting why we are there with our emergency flashers on. He really should have mean less uh uh... I guess obtuse is the word.
The owner was very grateful. I told him he was a lucky S.O.B. and if the dogs had bitten someone else in our party I would make sure he went to jail at the very least. He was very thankful to me and I told him he should take the opportunity to get on his knees and thank God that it was only me that got bit. He actually appeared to do it.
He was either a Mexican national or of Mexican heritage. One of the reasons I didn't report it was I thought I saw an opportunity to make a difference in his life in two positive ways. 1. For him to realize how dangerous it is to others and himself to be irresponsible with canines. And: 2. For him to realize that not all "Anglos" were his enemy (Anglo is what they call us here even though I am far from being "Anglo". Irish can be insulted by the term for obvious reasons).

fr33
08-23-2013, 06:15 PM
Bump.

chudrockz
08-23-2013, 06:56 PM
Why any person would have four dogs, irrespective of breed, is somewhat beyond me. Unless they are in Alaska and need sled dogs.

And furthermore, why any person would have all four dogs out, apparently knowing (or at least should have known) that they tend to be antisocial... and not have all four under the control of a short leash, is just baffling.

We have one pit bull terrier. She's a sweet heart, and not violent in the least, but I still have her on a leash almost all the time (other than in the off-leash parts of the dog park or in our own yard) and I watch her VERY closely whenever she interacts with anyone new.

jjdoyle
08-23-2013, 07:48 PM
Why any person would have four dogs, irrespective of breed, is somewhat beyond me. Unless they are in Alaska and need sled dogs.

And furthermore, why any person would have all four dogs out, apparently knowing (or at least should have known) that they tend to be antisocial... and not have all four under the control of a short leash, is just baffling.

We have one pit bull terrier. She's a sweet heart, and not violent in the least, but I still have her on a leash almost all the time (other than in the off-leash parts of the dog park or in our own yard) and I watch her VERY closely whenever she interacts with anyone new.

This is why I think the guy should have told the cop. He's fortunate it wasn't some kid that got attacked, and didn't have a bike to defend themselves. I get tired of dealing with stupid people, and the more you excuse it, the more it becomes normal. Let's just hope there won't be a "next" time with these dogs, but the fact you had four of them together unleashed in a PUBLIC area, doesn't give me much hope.

jclay2
08-23-2013, 08:02 PM
This is why I think the guy should have told the cop. He's fortunate it wasn't some kid that got attacked, and didn't have a bike to defend themselves. I get tired of dealing with stupid people, and the more you excuse it, the more it becomes normal. Let's just hope there won't be a "next" time with these dogs, but the fact you had four of them together unleashed in a PUBLIC area, doesn't give me much hope.

That is not the point. The issue is that this man and a few others fought a bunch of vicious dogs off with nothing more then their bicycles. Compare that with the cop who enters a backyard without permission and executes an innocent puppy.

jjdoyle
08-23-2013, 08:26 PM
That is not the point. The issue is that this man and a few others fought a bunch of vicious dogs off with nothing more then their bicycles. Compare that with the cop who enters a backyard without permission and executes an innocent puppy.

I don't excuse that behavior. My issue here is that the dogs did attack and hurt somebody. Fortunately for the guy, he had an object to defend himself with (a bike), and had others show up to help fend them off. It doesn't say if he did/didn't have a gun, or if he would have used it to shoot them if he was alone and just walking without a bike. So, your point isn't exactly a good point...

mosquitobite
08-23-2013, 08:34 PM
I have 2 pit mixes and if either of them ever bit a human (unless in defense of our property from a robbery of course) I would have them put down.

Sorry, but this owner was an idiot and because of people like him pits get a bad rap. He should have had them on a leash!

TheTexan
08-23-2013, 08:39 PM
Those dogs deserved to get shot

alucard13mm
08-23-2013, 08:43 PM
I am going to have to agree that the dogs should be shot before they kill anyone. It is the owners fault for not trianing them well and having them unleased, BUT it is kinda risky having them around. Once a killer, always a killer.

belian78
08-23-2013, 08:47 PM
I have 2 pit mixes and if either of them ever bit a human (unless in defense of our property from a robbery of course) I would have them put down.

Sorry, but this owner was an idiot and because of people like him pits get a bad rap. He should have had them on a leash!

I hate to say it, but as a pit owner, I have to agree. If my Sadie dog ever bit someone outside of defense of our home, I wouldn't hesitate to take her on a country drive. You always have your dogs on leashes, especially if you have two or more, no matter the breed.

Icymudpuppy
08-23-2013, 08:56 PM
I'd have killed all four of them myself on the spot. Barehanded if necessary. I've done it before.

BlackTerrel
08-24-2013, 03:26 PM
I have to agree with the majority here.

Lucky event that no one was seriously hurt.

BlackTerrel
08-24-2013, 03:28 PM
I'd have killed all four of them myself on the spot. Barehanded if necessary. I've done it before.

Holy crap dude. Friggin rambo

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
08-24-2013, 05:01 PM

Why any person would have a dog, irrespective of breed, is somewhat beyond me. Unless they are in Alaska and need sled dogs.

That said, I don't think any 2 dogs can whoop me. Just not happening. And that's barehanded, which is pretty unrealistic for me. 3 dogs barehanded, maybe... doubtful, but 4 dogs, I have to admit they'd probably get me.

Regarding the car in the street, I rolled past a cop today, just parked in a major 2 lane street talking to some blonde lady. I made sure to slow down and give him my "what the hell are you doing?" look. He noticed, but wasn't about to abandon his lady friend.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
08-24-2013, 05:06 PM
I hate to say it, but as a pit owner, I have to agree. If my Sadie dog ever bit someone outside of defense of our home, I wouldn't hesitate to take her on a country drive. You always have your dogs on leashes, especially if you have two or more, no matter the breed.

Disagree. If your dogs need to be on leashes, they're not recognizing you as the pack leader. The problem lies in your relationship with your family, not your lack of restraints.

BlackTerrel
08-24-2013, 06:15 PM
That said, I don't think any 2 dogs can whoop me. Just not happening. And that's barehanded, which is pretty unrealistic for me. 3 dogs barehanded, maybe... doubtful, but 4 dogs, I have to admit they'd probably get me.

Is this all hypothetical or you speaking from experience? :D

An aside but this is the same sort of stupid shit I always think about. I once spent 5 hours of a road trip strategizing how I would defeat a bear one on one armed only with a knife

Ender
08-24-2013, 06:47 PM
Disagree. If your dogs need to be on leashes, they're not recognizing you as the pack leader. The problem lies in your relationship with your family, not your lack of restraints.

Exactly.

Dogs are pack animals- they MUST know who the pack leader is. if a human establishes themselves as the leader, instead of the caretaker, they will experience very little trouble with any breed of dog.

I was once trapped inside a condo building by a growling, snapping pit who would not let me out. Finally, after several minutes of trying to persuade the dog to let me through, I threw open the door and ran directly at the dog in a mad roar. The dog yelped and immediately ran away.

People just need to be trained in how to really take care of a dog- cops should have this as part of their training as police.

Check out Cesar Milan, a true dog whisperer for some great advice:

http://www.cesarsway.com/

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
08-24-2013, 07:08 PM
Is this all hypothetical or you speaking from experience? :D

An aside but this is the same sort of stupid shit I always think about. I once spent 5 hours of a road trip strategizing how I would defeat a bear one on one armed only with a knife

Mostly hypothetical. But there's no reason to think I can't kick a dog's head off, or poke its eyes out if needed. I'm prepared for 2 legged predators where I live. A brown bear would scare the holy shit out of me.

Exactly.

Dogs are pack animals- they MUST know who the pack leader is. if a human establishes themselves as the leader, instead of the caretaker, they will experience very little trouble with any breed of dog.

I was once trapped inside a condo building by a growling, snapping pit who would not let me out. Finally, after several minutes of trying to persuade the dog to let me through, I threw open the door and ran directly at the dog in a mad roar. The dog yelped and immediately ran away.

People just need to be trained in how to really take care of a dog- cops should have this as part of their training as police.

He is really good, but I doubt he'd be much help for a cop. Cops taze kids to avoid scratches. They kill adults to avoid scratches.

Icymudpuppy
08-25-2013, 08:07 PM
Why any person would have a dog, irrespective of breed, is somewhat beyond me. Unless they are in Alaska and need sled dogs.

Regarding the car in the street, I rolled past a cop today, just parked in a major 2 lane street talking to some blonde lady. I made sure to slow down and give him my "what the hell are you doing?" look. He noticed, but wasn't about to abandon his lady friend.

You might surprise yourself with your adrenalin up. If you have martial arts training, you will be surprised how easy it is to fight dogs. They only have one weapon. You have at least 5 and more if you count knees and elbows separately from hands and feet. All you need to do is disable their one weapon. Target their nose and jaw to disable. Feints always fool Canines and will set you up nicely for your primary attack. A solid kick to the lower jaw will dislocate. Any strike to the tip of the nose will put them on the ground. Most dogs will run away immediately from either of those hits, and if done hard enough to break the jaw, or crush the sinuses and without medical attention, they will die from the wound within 3 days. If they stick around after either of those hits, you can dispatch them however you please. Heel strike, elbow, or knee to the cerebrum is the fastest and can be done easily if the nose tip strike puts their head on the ground. Headlock and neck snap twist is second fastest but requires good leverage, so it can be hard to do on loose skinned or thick haired dogs. Canines can also be stunned by a solid downward strike on the bridge of their snout just above the sinuses. While on the ground, they can be dispatched by standing on their chest to prevent lung expansion. This method takes several minutes though.

fr33
08-25-2013, 08:13 PM
I have to agree with those who say they could kick a dogs head in if needed. 2 dogs even.

Icymudpuppy
08-25-2013, 09:53 PM
Exactly.

Yep, acting like the boss is the quickest way to stop most aggressive dogs. However, if being attacked by a pack, you are either food or a lone wolf. If food, you have no standing to challenge the pack leader, and if the pack leader thinks they can take you down, they will attack. If a lone wolf, you need to know enough to identify the pack leader (Alpha) and challenge him/her directly. If you can't identify the Alpha, they will not consider you a worthy alpha either. In the OP, those dogs should be put down as a lesson to the owner. If you can't handle your dogs, you shouldn't own them, and they will be taken away.

belian78
08-26-2013, 09:22 AM

My dog listens to me, she obeys me, she sees me as 'the pack leader'. But all that nicety aside, if I let her out in public off a leash, that is irresponsible of me. All it takes is one second for her to lash out for any reason, be it she got scared or upset or hit or any number of things. It's up to me to make sure that when out in public, I have control of her, for both our sakes.

Now when I'm at home and in the yard? She's not on a leash and rarely has her collar on even. But out in public if you don't restrain your dogs, no matter what kind of macho pack leader you think you are, you are but a irresponsible dog owner.

jbauer
08-26-2013, 09:37 AM
I've grown up with animals my entire life. The only time I've ever been scared by one was an encounter with a pitbull. That damn thing attack me unprovoked. I don't leave my pistol in the car when I'm there anymore.

Pitbulls are a menace to society. The breed is ok, they we're bred to preform a certain task. Its the owners I have a problem with. There is no reason to have one unless its to guard property. The problem is most people get them because they have small dick syndrome that says they need to get "bad boy" toys to feel like they're someone special.

jbauer
08-26-2013, 09:38 AM
Those dogs deserved to get shot

Shoot, shovel and shut up.

jbauer
08-26-2013, 09:40 AM

Either you really are Rambo or you've never dealt with an aggressive dog. One trained to attack someone is more then enough to kill you let alone 2.

jbauer
08-26-2013, 09:43 AM
Yep, acting like the boss is the quickest way to stop most aggressive dogs. However, if being attacked by a pack, you are either food or a lone wolf. If food, you have no standing to challenge the pack leader, and if the pack leader thinks they can take you down, they will attack. If a lone wolf, you need to know enough to identify the pack leader (Alpha) and challenge him/her directly. If you can't identify the Alpha, they will not consider you a worthy alpha either. In the OP, those dogs should be put down as a lesson to the owner. If you can't handle your dogs, you shouldn't own them, and they will be taken away.

Agree, that is the way I stopped my last pit experience. What I worry about is children who don't have the time to develop the skills to know those things or how to act upon them.

pcosmar
08-26-2013, 10:11 AM
Why any person would have four dogs, irrespective of breed, is somewhat beyond me.

http://jamadots.com/~pcosmar/photos/photogallery/02key_west_yard_jpg.jpeg

I only have two presently. We lost "Coco" a while back.

This is an older pic,, from my home in Key West,, we also had a bunch of cats.. (we did rescues)

fisharmor
08-26-2013, 10:16 AM
Why any person would have a dog, irrespective of breed, is somewhat beyond me.

Me too.

What, you mean I get to spend a few grand over 5-6 years and in return I get my trash knocked over, chicken carcasses smeared all over the floor, piss and shit on the rugs, hair all over the place, chewed up furniture, and a responsibility to walk the neighborhood twice a day and watch as my dog tries to fight other dogs as their owners do their obligatory "shit on the neighbor's grass instead of my rug" run?

Sign me up, folks!
:rolleyes:

chudrockz
08-26-2013, 01:37 PM
Me too.

What, you mean I get to spend a few grand over 5-6 years and in return I get my trash knocked over, chicken carcasses smeared all over the floor, piss and shit on the rugs, hair all over the place, chewed up furniture, and a responsibility to walk the neighborhood twice a day and watch as my dog tries to fight other dogs as their owners do their obligatory "shit on the neighbor's grass instead of my rug" run?

Sign me up, folks!
:rolleyes:

Sigh.

All I can say is bravo for freedom. I hope for the sake of dogs and yourself that you never DO aquire one.

As for my wife and I, we have no kids. Never gonna have them. Our dog and our cats are our family. Do they occasionally yack on a couch cushion, or knock over the garbage? Yup. Big deal. Our pitbull is a total sweety who would do anything to make a human happy. And we got her because my wife made the mistake of showing me her picture on the Humane Society website. I knew nothing at all about pits in January of this year. Now, I almost can't see myself ever having another breed of dog for the rest of my life.

phill4paul
08-26-2013, 01:45 PM
I've grown up with animals my entire life. The only time I've ever been scared by one was an encounter with a pitbull. That damn thing attack me unprovoked. I don't leave my pistol in the car when I'm there anymore.

Pitbulls are a menace to society. The breed is ok, they we're bred to preform a certain task. Its the owners I have a problem with. There is no reason to have one unless its to guard property. The problem is most people get them because they have small dick syndrome that says they need to get "bad boy" toys to feel like they're someone special.

Ignorance, based in fear, is a much worse threat to society.

mosquitobite
08-26-2013, 01:47 PM
Sigh.

All I can say is bravo for freedom. I hope for the sake of dogs and yourself that you never DO aquire one.

As for my wife and I, we have no kids. Never gonna have them. Our dog and our cats are our family. Do they occasionally yack on a couch cushion, or knock over the garbage? Yup. Big deal. Our pitbull is a total sweety who would do anything to make a human happy. And we got her because my wife made the mistake of showing me her picture on the Humane Society website. I knew nothing at all about pits in January of this year. Now, I almost can't see myself ever having another breed of dog for the rest of my life.

Ditto. If you've never owned a pit, you are missing out on the breed that LOVES to please people. They are sweeties if trained properly!

phill4paul
08-26-2013, 01:50 PM
Canines can also be stunned by a solid downward strike on the bridge of their snout just above the sinuses.

I've done this. Damn near broke my hand but I laughed my ass off at the look on the American Bulldogs face when I drove it to the ground. Never had a problem with that dog again. :p

phill4paul
08-26-2013, 02:08 PM
Ditto. If you've never owned a pit, you are missing out on the breed that LOVES to please people. They are sweeties if trained properly!

Sadly, the Pitty we were sitting for has returned to his young masters now that the youngest has reached two years. Time to search the adoption agencies for a new one. I've never had the chance to train one from a puppy but the one we took care of was always willing to learn new tricks. They are a breed that is eager to please.

Nirvikalpa
08-26-2013, 02:10 PM

Sounds like you're more of a menace to my pitbull.

Also, it's impossible for me to have small dick syndrome, unless I magically sprout one in the next couple of hours.

mosquitobite
08-26-2013, 02:38 PM
I'm on the iPad or I'd post all the pictures of famous pits through the years (Little Rascals, etc)

phill4paul
08-26-2013, 02:53 PM
Sounds like you're more of a menace to my pitbull.

Also, it's impossible for me to have small dick syndrome, unless I magically sprout one in the next couple of hours.

Not to worry, Nirvikalpa, it's usually the castrati that sling these barbs. "People have guns to make up for small dicks." "People own big trucks because they have small dicks." It's usually their way of compensating. ;)

Nirvikalpa
08-26-2013, 05:08 PM
http://msnbcmedia2.msn.com/j/streams/2013/August/130823/6C8713551-tdy-130823-emma-wishenski-01.blocks_desktop_medium.jpg

Jeffrey the therapy dog, who worked with Sandy Hook students after the shooting there.

A menace to society, for sure.

chudrockz
08-27-2013, 05:48 AM
http://www.postbulletin.com/news/local/wallace-the-pit-bull-passes-on-but-his-story-lives/article_593d70c0-1a82-577a-8e65-7d411b00b660.html

This is a story of a relatively famous pitbull who lived not far from us. I was silly and thought that I could read some more comments on his Facebook page this morning before work without tearing up.

chudrockz
08-27-2013, 08:06 AM
Not to worry, Nirvikalpa, it's usually the castrati that sling these barbs. "People have guns to make up for small dicks." "People own big trucks because they have small dicks." It's usually their way of compensating. ;)

I feel bad for my wife. My penis must be microscopic. I have a pitbull, an enormous truck, and a shitload of guns.

Then again, she seems to approve of it frequently. I dunno. I'm confused.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
08-27-2013, 03:42 PM
My dog listens to me, she obeys me, she sees me as 'the pack leader'. But all that nicety aside, if I let her out in public off a leash, that is irresponsible of me. All it takes is one second for her to lash out for any reason, be it she got scared or upset or hit or any number of things. It's up to me to make sure that when out in public, I have control of her, for both our sakes.

Now when I'm at home and in the yard? She's not on a leash and rarely has her collar on even. But out in public if you don't restrain your dogs, no matter what kind of macho pack leader you think you are, you are but a irresponsible dog owner.

I'm not a macho pack leader. lol. I will say my dog will return to my side with 3/4 different one syllable commands.

So, we have you... who feels their dogs are not controllable... and we have me, who thinks mine are. My dogs are family, not uncontrollable attack bots.

If you can't control your dogs off leash, by all means, keep them chained to you. Don't call me an "irresponsible dog owner" because mine listen to me.

Either you really are Rambo or you've never dealt with an aggressive dog. One trained to attack someone is more then enough to kill you let alone 2.

I'm way more scared of people. Also, you've met me, and my dog. I'm clearly not rambo.

Agree, that is the way I stopped my last pit experience. What I worry about is children who don't have the time to develop the skills to know those things or how to act upon them.

Oh, wait. I need to be rambo to stop a dog, but not you? That sure is weird.

belian78
08-27-2013, 04:41 PM
I'm not a macho pack leader. lol.

Completely avoided my point, but that's ok. You are still an irresponsible dog owner, who has the potential to give the rest of us responsible dog owners a bad name.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
08-27-2013, 04:44 PM
Completely avoided my point, but that's ok. You are still an irresponsible dog owner, who has the potential to give the rest of us responsible dog owners a bad name.

Ok, make it so dumb, even I can understand it. (I'm pretty sure I used your words there... please forgive me if not.)

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
08-27-2013, 04:57 PM
Look, belian... you take care of your dogs, and I'll take care of mine. Fair enough?

In fact, I'm sorry for suggesting you do it like I do. You do it however you like.

I don't keep a leash on my children. They listen to me. Chew on that for a little while, and then come back with your judgement based shit... and even dumber, that my lifestyle is hurting you. My well behaved dogs aren't now, and will never, hurt you in the slightest bit. If your dogs will hurt people, then please explain.

belian78
08-27-2013, 05:21 PM
You can take care of your dogs in any way you see fit, all I am saying is that when you are out in public with your dog it's simply the responsible thing to do to keep it on a leash. Unless of course there's absolutely no one else around you, and no chance of others coming around or at a dog park. All it takes is one second, or something completely out of your control and your dog could react to someone.

I know my dog, I know that she would never intentionally hurt someone or look to hurt someone for no reason at all. But I don't know how others will react around my dog. I can't control other people. And all it takes is for one person to treat my dog wrong while I'm not looking and she hypothetically could bite or otherwise react in a way that all the sudden makes my dog a vicious animal in need of being put down.

Like I said, when I'm in my home or on my property around people that I know and trust, my dog usually doesn't even have a collar on. But out in public, I can't risk the chance that some young child will run up and pull her tail or ear and me not be able to stop any kind of reaction. I can't take the chance that some asshole who judges specifically on breed, comes up on my dog before I can get there. There are too many possibilities that could lead to a dog reacting, and it doesn't matter if the dog never did it before and would never do it again, your dog has that mark against it. It is now a 'vicious animal'.

pcosmar
08-27-2013, 05:59 PM
I miss Key West,, and one of my favorite places was this
http://www.schoonerwharf.com/
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Me-Id-rather-be-a-Schooner-Wharf-Bar-DOG/500461820600

https://sphotos-a-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/390019_10151072811315601_1147298817_n.jpg

https://sphotos-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/p480x480/20531_10150089868445601_5127615_n.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2ZfS6799-U

https://sphotos-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/24791_10150120201270601_390015_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/24791_10150120211165601_6502311_n.jpg

Dogs are welcome.. they can run free and bring their people along.

amy31416
08-27-2013, 08:55 PM
You can take care of your dogs in any way you see fit, all I am saying is that when you are out in public with your dog it's simply the responsible thing to do to keep it on a leash. Unless of course there's absolutely no one else around you, and no chance of others coming around or at a dog park. All it takes is one second, or something completely out of your control and your dog could react to someone.

I know my dog, I know that she would never intentionally hurt someone or look to hurt someone for no reason at all. But I don't know how others will react around my dog. I can't control other people. And all it takes is for one person to treat my dog wrong while I'm not looking and she hypothetically could bite or otherwise react in a way that all the sudden makes my dog a vicious animal in need of being put down.

Like I said, when I'm in my home or on my property around people that I know and trust, my dog usually doesn't even have a collar on. But out in public, I can't risk the chance that some young child will run up and pull her tail or ear and me not be able to stop any kind of reaction. I can't take the chance that some asshole who judges specifically on breed, comes up on my dog before I can get there. There are too many possibilities that could lead to a dog reacting, and it doesn't matter if the dog never did it before and would never do it again, your dog has that mark against it. It is now a 'vicious animal'.

I've met lovey pits, chompy pits and those who are in-between. I would never trust my shep alone around my daughter--she's too rough--my daughter, that is. She just doesn't know how to read the signs yet.

Don't be stupid.

The chompy pits I've known have torn up my shoes, my feet and my legs--they can tear up a child, easily.

mosquitobite
08-27-2013, 09:03 PM
http://www.cesarsway.com/newsandevents/photos/Famous-Pit-Bulls-A-Gallery

fr33
08-27-2013, 09:08 PM
https://sphotos-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/p480x480/20531_10150089868445601_5127615_n.jpg

That looks like a boxer rather than a pit bull.

Play it safe and get a boxer. I've always had boxers and they are completely harmless idiots. None of them would bite anyone except for playful nips. They are the most friendly and goofy breed there is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d69Wj4VdP-o

^ I personally wouldn't let that go on for that long but I also know that dog wouldn't rip the kids face off either.

pcosmar
08-27-2013, 09:14 PM
That looks like a boxer rather than a pit bull.

Well the bar was known as dog(pet) friendly.. There were many sizes and types,, and usually unleashed.
There was one rule,, for dogs and people,, Everybody gets along. :D

Cats,,Birds and the occasional Iguana were also welcome.