PDA

View Full Version : Report: San Diego Mayor Filner to resign

RonPaulFanInGA
08-22-2013, 11:36 AM
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/318279-report-filner-will-resign-as-san-diegos-mayor

Smart3
08-22-2013, 11:51 AM
//

Austrian Econ Disciple
08-22-2013, 11:54 AM
Sexual harassment and improper advances in today's society, means telling a woman she looks good in that dress. I'll withhold judgment until what he actually did comes to light.

Smart3
08-22-2013, 12:10 PM
Sexual harassment and improper advances in today's society, means telling a woman she looks good in that dress. I'll withhold judgment until what he actually did comes to light.
//

dannno
08-22-2013, 12:16 PM
The sky is not blue, the grass is not green, etc unless you personally witness it?

This was the best mayor in the country, he was fighting for the medical marijuana dispensaries that got raided by the feds and told the citizens of his city that if they are on the jury they should vote not guilty. That means he was pushing for what is known as jury nullification, which the establishment really hates and has broken the first amendment by putting people in prison for trying to communicate the idea to potential jurors.

Maybe somebody else can list the other things he did that were really amazing, I know there were one or two other things he did that really surprised me.

But what this all means, if you pay any attention to anything, is that the establishment needed to form a plan to get rid of this mayor and this was probably all apart of their plan. The woman was either a plant or a useful tool, a lawyer sent in from the establishment maybe contacted her after a minor complaint and turned it into a big enough incident to have him taken out. Who knows. What we're saying is that as more information comes out this will begin to look more suspicious, but by then it will have been a historical event in most people's minds.

You need to start reading in between the lines.

Austrian Econ Disciple
08-22-2013, 12:16 PM
The sky is not blue, the grass is not green, etc unless you personally witness it?

Do you reading comprehension? I guess not. Probably buy feminist drivel hook, line, and sinker, too. Until the facts of the case come out, you can't condemn a guy in today's society because a woman filed sexual harassment / improper advance suits. It's all too common today for women at work to take ANY compliment especially from men they don't like as 'an improper advance'. Did he touch them? Actually harass (stalk) them? Do you buy the Patriot Act is patriotic just because it says Patriot in its title?

CaptLouAlbano
08-22-2013, 12:20 PM

Heard one yesterday I think it was. Posed for a picture and grabbed her ass.

Smart3
08-22-2013, 12:20 PM
Do you reading comprehension? I guess not. Probably buy feminist drivel hook, line, and sinker, too. Until the facts of the case come out, you can't condemn a guy in today's society because a woman filed sexual harassment / improper advance suits. It's all too common today for women at work to take ANY compliment especially from men they don't like as 'an improper advance'. Did he touch them? Actually harass (stalk) them? Do you buy the Patriot Act is patriotic just because it says Patriot in its title?

I wasn't aware I was speaking to a misogynist. I won't be posting in this thread again.

dannno
08-22-2013, 12:21 PM
17 women

Oh shit, 17??

This will be interesting to follow up on.

VBRonPaulFan
08-22-2013, 12:22 PM

In Smart3's defense, the article did say there were SEVENTEEN different women coming forward with harassment charges. One or two, and i'd wait to hear both sides. You have to be trying pretty goddamn hard to piss off seventeen different women enough for them to all file the same exact type of suit against ya.

dannno
08-22-2013, 12:25 PM
I wasn't aware I was speaking to a misogynist. I won't be posting in this thread again.

You don't post in threads where 1 misogynist posts? Is there any reasoning behind that?

What is your position on sexual harassment? If your boss hits on you and you don't like it, do you quit so your boss has to go out and find somebody else to hire since you obviously aren't going to be getting along with them and let THEIR boss decide if THEY are worth keeping over time after good employees keep leaving due to his harassment or do you go whine to a lawyer?

Austrian Econ Disciple
08-22-2013, 12:27 PM

LOL. I'm a misogynist because I'm anti-feminism? I guess if you don't like Mary Daly types, then, well, spat on you. I'll take that as a badge of honor. Your reaction to automatically believe anything a woman says is a suspension of logic, especially in light of what constitutes 'improper advances' and 'sexual harassment' now-a-days. It used to encompass, you know, actual harassment and improper advances (e.g. touching), but I've seen too often women take a compliment as harassment.

Hell, I've seen people axed because of a joke, just because a woman was around to over hear it (Boob joke). Meanwhile, women can rape men, and guys are laughed at.

If what the mayor did, was actually harassment and improper advances, then he should face civil litigation at the least. I just don't reflexively buy anything anyone says, especially sexual harassment in the workplace now-a-days. Evidence, do you have it motherfucker?

Deborah K
08-22-2013, 01:02 PM
I live in San Diego County. This creep is a lying scumbag. His own party has ostracized him over his sick, perverted behavior toward women. And for MONTHS he refused to resign, dragging this out and embarrassing this city. Now, the only reason he's willing to resign is because the f'kd up city council agreed to his terms of resigning if the city pays for all the damned lawsuits against him. That's democrats for you!

He's a sociopath if ever there was one! Good riddance you POS!!

dannno
08-22-2013, 01:13 PM
I live in San Diego County. This creep is a lying scumbag. His own party has ostracized him over his sick, perverted behavior toward women. And for MONTHS he refused to resign, dragging this out and embarrassing this city. Now, the only reason he's willing to resign is because the f'kd up city council agreed to his terms of resigning if the city pays for all the damned lawsuits against him. That's democrats for you!

That's really unfortunate, because he was the biggest proponent of medicinal cannabis and free speech of any mayor in the country that I'm aware of. I'm not terribly familiar with the rest of his policies, but I do know that politicians who do good things generally end up facing huge scandals that are wholly or mostly manufactured. You don't think there's a chance of that happening here? I mean, this guy seems pretty anti-establishment, why would the Democratic Party treat this guy any better than the Republican Party treated Ron Paul during the Presidential elections regardless of any scandals?

San Diego mayor orders end to city war on marijuana dispensaries
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?401003-San-Diego-mayor-orders-end-to-city-war-on-marijuana-dispensaries

San Diego mayor urges jury nullification in battle against federal drug war tyranny
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?415133-San-Diego-mayor-urges-jury-nullification-in-battle-against-federal-drug-war-tyranny

California man faces 13 years in jail for scribbling anti-bank messages in chalk (Mayor suggests dropping the case, defending free speech)
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?419422-California-man-faces-13-years-in-jail-for-scribbling-anti-bank-messages-in-chalk/page2

On Friday, Mayor Bob Filner again expressed his disappointment with the case and the decision by the City Attorney to prosecute Olson.

"It looks like we were prosecuting someone at the insistence of Bank of America for writing political issues. I mean, it's chalk. It's washable chalk. It's political slogans. We are not even responding to public complaints. They were complaints from Bank of America. I think it's a stupid case and is costing us money. If these are the types of cases the City Attorney is prosecuting then I am not sure he needs as much money in his budget as he says he does."

Deborah K
08-22-2013, 01:34 PM
That's really unfortunate, because he was the biggest proponent of medicinal cannabis and free speech of any mayor in the country that I'm aware of. I'm not terribly familiar with the rest of his policies, but I do know that politicians who do good things generally end up facing huge scandals that are wholly or mostly manufactured. You don't think there's a chance of that happening here? I mean, this guy seems pretty anti-establishment, why would the Democratic Party treat this guy any better than the Republican Party treated Ron Paul during the Presidential elections regardless of any scandals?

San Diego mayor orders end to city war on marijuana dispensaries
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?401003-San-Diego-mayor-orders-end-to-city-war-on-marijuana-dispensaries

San Diego mayor urges jury nullification in battle against federal drug war tyranny
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?415133-San-Diego-mayor-urges-jury-nullification-in-battle-against-federal-drug-war-tyranny

California man faces 13 years in jail for scribbling anti-bank messages in chalk (Mayor suggests dropping the case, defending free speech)
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?419422-California-man-faces-13-years-in-jail-for-scribbling-anti-bank-messages-in-chalk/page2

He was a city councilman, and then a congressman before he became Mayor. His voting record is atrocious - he votes for every entitlement under the sun.

Rudeman
08-22-2013, 03:05 PM

Gotta agree 100% with this.

angelatc
08-22-2013, 03:16 PM
He was a city councilman, and then a congressman before he became Mayor. His voting record is atrocious - he votes for every entitlement under the sun.

But there are certainly a few of us who are more interested in getting pot legalized than anything else. If he was a friend to that movement, they should be ticked at him for having a chance to make a difference and then blowing it.

dannno
08-22-2013, 03:23 PM
But there are certainly a few of us who are more interested in getting pot legalized than anything else. If he was a friend to that movement, they should be ticked at him for having a chance to make a difference and then blowing it.

I haven't let that boat sail quite yet, I'm just very skeptical.