PDA

View Full Version : Hastings "urgently asked to borrow her Volvo. He said he was afraid to drive his own car."

better-dead-than-fed
08-22-2013, 01:56 AM
By Gene Maddaus (https://twitter.com/GeneMaddaus)

He came to believe his Mercedes was being tampered with....

He came to Thigpen's apartment after midnight and urgently asked to borrow her Volvo. He said he was afraid to drive his own car. She declined, telling him her car was having mechanical problems.

"He was scared, and he wanted to leave town," she says.

The next day, around 11:15 a.m., she got a call from her landlord, who told her Hastings had died early that morning....

http://www.laweekly.com/2013-08-22/news/michael-hastings-crash/

susano
08-22-2013, 03:19 AM
Hastings' family and the Los Angeles Police Department both have dismissed the conspiracies. LAPD also has ruled out suicide. "My gut is that this was really a tragic accident," his widow, Elise Jordan, told CNN.

Man, I find that disturbing. That and some of the other stuff in the article seems too eager to blow off Hastings' very legitimate concerns about surveillance. He may have been wound tight but that doesn't mean he wasn't somebody's target.

Thanks for posting this, OP.

Peace Piper
08-22-2013, 03:48 AM
Who is Michael Hastings widow?

Born Catherine Elise Jordan... graduated from Marshall Academy in 2000 and with a degree in history from Yale University in 2004.

Jordan served as a director for communications in the National Security Council from 2008-09. She worked in the White House Office of Presidential Speech writing, at the U.S. Embassy, Baghdad and for the Commanding General's Strategic Advisory Group at the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) headquarters in Kabul, Afghanistan, as well as speechwriter to Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice.[2]

Jordan has been a commentator at CTV, BBC, National Public Radio, Fox Business Network, and a regular guest on Fox News, MSNBC and CNN.

Jordan's articles about politics have been featured in Marie Claire, The New York Post, The Atlantic.com, Newsweek, The Daily Beast, Wall Street Journal, The Weekly Standard and the National Review Online. In 2007 she worked with press and communications strategy for Afghanistan, Iraq, and Pakistan with the National Security Council. Elise Hastings is part of the advisory board to the Girls 20 Summit, a summit for young women from G20 nations and the African Union and UNICEF’s Next Generation Steering Committee.

Interesting Resume. She looked downright happy and surely quite over this horrible accident when interviewed by Piers Morgan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtisbwrboZU

If the following from the LA Weekly is true, why is she so happy? Hadn't heard from Jordanna Thigpen apparently. Is Thigpen lying? All very interesting.

"...Hastings was intensely interested in government surveillance of journalists. In May, the story broke about the Department of Justice obtaining the phone records of Associated Press reporters. A couple weeks later, Edward Snowden's revelations about the National Security Agency's massive surveillance program became public. Hastings was convinced he was a target.

His behavior grew increasingly erratic. Helicopters often circle over the hills, but Hastings believed there were more of them around whenever he was at home, keeping an eye on him. He came to believe his Mercedes was being tampered with. "Nothing I could say could console him," Thigpen says.

One night in June, he came to Thigpen's apartment after midnight and urgently asked to borrow her Volvo. He said he was afraid to drive his own car. She declined, telling him her car was having mechanical problems.

"He was scared, and he wanted to leave town," she says.

The next day, around 11:15 a.m., she got a call from her landlord, who told her Hastings had died early that morning. His car had crashed into a palm tree at 75 mph and exploded in a ball of fire.

"I burst into tears," Thigpen says. "I couldn't believe it had happened again."

Mani
08-22-2013, 03:53 AM
Hastings' family and the Los Angeles Police Department both have dismissed the conspiracies. LAPD also has ruled out suicide. "My gut is that this was really a tragic accident," his widow, Elise Jordan, told CNN.

Man, I find that disturbing. That and some of the other stuff in the article seems too eager to blow off Hastings' very legitimate concerns about surveillance. He may have been wound tight but that doesn't mean he wasn't somebody's target.

Thanks for posting this, OP.

Ya, there was a lot of stuff in their making him seem like an incoherent, hallucinogenic, paranoid, drug user racing to his death.

At the end of the day, something doesn't quite add up, regardless if he did acid when he was 15 or not.

LibertyEagle
08-22-2013, 04:08 AM
Call me paranoid, but I think this whole deal stinks to high heaven. It's just too convenient.

kcchiefs6465
08-22-2013, 04:17 AM
Call me paranoid, but I think this whole deal stinks to high heaven. It's just too convenient.
Gary Webb.

Mani
08-22-2013, 04:25 AM
Gary Webb.

Oh man, I didn't even know about him.....http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Webb

He was looking up dirt on the CIA???? Aren't they known for being the least ethical of the bunch.

kcchiefs6465
08-22-2013, 04:42 AM
Oh man, I didn't even know about him.....http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Webb

He was looking up dirt on the CIA???? Aren't they known for being the least ethical of the bunch.
Gary Webb's book- Dark Alliance- was very well documented in showing a systematic abuse of the DEA and CIA in allowing their "operatives" or "agents" to operate, or rather, sell drugs, with impunity. Cele Castillo, a DEA agent stationed in Nicaragua at the time, has a great book on the subject- Powderburns.

That aside and the information available, I believe I have a thread which I'll bump here after this, but it is amazing if you look at who was targeted and who continued to be protected.

Why people were pressured into being released from different foreign prisons as their family were Class 1 traffickers.

You could look into Bill Clinton as governor of Arkansas and the cocaine orgies happening, the bodyguards who were killed. Look into the deaths of Don Henry and Kevin Ives. (http://www.spiritoftruth.org/arkncide.htm)

The second autopsy showed that Kevin's skull had been crushed and that his friend Don had been stabbed in the back hours before the train ran over their bodies. A second grand jury concluded that both boys were obviously murdered and that their deaths were tied to the drug traffic in Saline County, Arkansas.

Days after the area had supposedly been scoured for evidence relatives found one of the boys' feet and some gold chains that the police didn't find. Dr. Malak's autopsy report didn't even mention that one of the boys had a foot missing. Much of the evidence surrounding the case wound up missing also, including crime scene photos.

Dr. Malak's rulings on mysterious deaths in Arkansas have come under close scrutiny many times. In May of 1992 the Los Angeles Times ran a cover story on Malak's incompetence as a medical examiner. The Times cited over 20 other cases that were grossly bungled. A 20/20 television special also covered the story.

Some of Malak's well known rulings include the 1985 murder of Raymond Albright who was shot 5 times with a Colt .45, which Malak ruled a suicide. In the case of James Milam, who was decapitated, Malak had ruled that the victim died of natural causes

The thread I was referring to. (not mine.. I favorited it though)

Jeb Bush and the 1986 Murder of CIA Drug Smuggler Barry Seal (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?409963-Jeb-Bush-and-the-1986-Murder-of-CIA-Drug-Smuggler-Barry-Seal)

susano
08-22-2013, 04:58 AM
Who is Michael Hastings widow?

[INDENT]Born Catherine Elise Jordan... graduated from Marshall Academy in 2000 and with a degree in history from Yale University in 2004.

Jordan served as a director for communications in the National Security Council from 2008-09. She worked in the White House Office of Presidential Speech writing, at the U.S. Embassy, Baghdad and for the Commanding General's Strategic Advisory Group at the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) headquarters in Kabul, Afghanistan, as well as speechwriter to Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice.[2]

Jordan has been a commentator at CTV, BBC, National Public Radio, Fox Business Network, and a regular guest on Fox News, MSNBC and CNN.

Jordan's articles about politics have been featured in Marie Claire, The New York Post, The Atlantic.com, Newsweek, The Daily Beast, Wall Street Journal, The Weekly Standard and the National Review Online. In 2007 she worked with press and communications strategy for Afghanistan, Iraq, and Pakistan with the National Security Council. Elise Hastings is part of the advisory board to the Girls 20 Summit, a summit for young women from G20 nations and the African Union and UNICEF’s Next Generation Steering Committee.

Interesting Resume. She looked downright happy and surely quite over this horrible accident when interviewed by Piers Morgan.

I think that's an amazing resume for such a young woman. I've read it before and at the time thought how war establishment it all is. I saw another Youtube of her on MSNBC and she seemed to be a Ron Paul supporter. Odd mix with that background.

I noticed that the info about Hastings living in southern California never mentions her being there. I wonder if they lived together or if they were in a long distance marriage and if the relationship was more based upon professional stuff than romantic love. That might account for her (what seems like) rather detached attitude.

Dunno. It all feels off.

susano
08-22-2013, 04:59 AM
Gary Webb.

And Danny Casolaro.

better-dead-than-fed
08-22-2013, 05:51 AM
... That and some of the other stuff in the article seems too eager to blow off Hastings' very legitimate concerns about surveillance.

Cf. Hemingway:

As his friends knew, he’d been suffering from depression and paranoia for the last year of his life....

I asked why the hurry.

“The feds.”

“What?”

“They tailed us all the way....”...

On Nov. 30 he was registered under an assumed name in the psychiatric section of St. Mary’s Hospital in Rochester, Minn., where, during December, he was given 11 electric shock treatments.

In January he called me from outside his room. He sounded in control, but... his delusions had not changed or diminished. His room was bugged, and the phone was tapped. He suspected that one of the interns was a fed....

Clinical features of Schizophrenia:

Delusions of persecution are particularly common. There is a conspiracy against the patient; the FBI has coordinated its efforts with the local police. ... At times the surveillance is covert.... the telephone is tapped.

http://www.brown.edu/Courses/BI_278/Other/Clerkship/Didactics/Readings/Schizophrenia.pdf

Decades later, in response to a Freedom of Information petition, the F.B.I. released its Hemingway file. It revealed that beginning in the 1940s J. Edgar Hoover had placed Ernest under surveillance.... Over the following years, agents filed reports on him and tapped his phones. The surveillance continued all through his confinement at St. Mary’s Hospital. It is likely that the phone outside his room was tapped after all.

In the years since, I have tried to reconcile Ernest’s fear of the F.B.I., which I regretfully misjudged, with the reality of the F.B.I. file. I now believe he truly sensed the surveillance, and that it substantially contributed to his anguish and his suicide.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/02/opinion/02hotchner.html

To me, the LAPD's opinion is irrelevant, and his wife's opinion is not dispositive. It is unclear what she saw which led her to a conclusion different from Hasting's own.

Anti Federalist
08-22-2013, 06:11 AM
It's not paranoia if they really are after you.

otherone
08-22-2013, 06:42 AM

occam's razor sometimes points to perfidy.

KingNothing
08-22-2013, 06:48 AM
My disdain for conspiracy theories is well noted on this message board, but I've no idea what to make of this one, and haven't since it happened.

I've no idea what happened, and it wouldn't surprise me in at all if his car was actually tampered with, or if his possible paranoia caused him to drive his car carelessly. I'm actually leaning towards the former, in this instance.

donnay
08-22-2013, 07:34 AM
As more information comes forward I am convinced more and more Michael Hastings' was assassinated.

We know they have the technology to disable and control newer vehicles. We know he was on a story that was going to put a light on the corrupted government. The eye witnesses that have come forward tell a different story than that of the Official one.

The toxicology report that came out two days ago sounds so scripted.

I also noticed that on August 4, 2013, a 19 year old girl (Katie Lentz), from Missouri, driving her Mercedes that had a head-on collision with a drunk driver and the Mercedes didn't blow up--she was pinned in her Mercedes nearly an hour.

angelatc
08-22-2013, 08:02 AM
Oh, now his wife is in on it, too?

pcosmar
08-22-2013, 08:09 AM

On the spin at least,, or maybe she just got the message and is playing along.

The guy was making powerful enemies..

The engine was blown out of the damn car..

The alcohol smear attempt has been refuted. The trace of substances in his system were not even relevant.

angelatc
08-22-2013, 08:14 AM
Yep - any reason to discount her opinion works. She was in on it, she's afraid, she's been bought off. His whole family, in fact.

Anything except that they are right - it was just an accident.

Or maybe the wife did it! After all, he was spending a lot of time with another woman in that lower apartment.

donnay
08-22-2013, 08:15 AM

Who knows?

Did you see that Piers Morgan interview? For a woman who lost her husband a couple of months ago she seemed very nonchalant talking about her husband's death.

ClydeCoulter
08-22-2013, 08:24 AM

Huh?

edit: quick, make a left

pcosmar
08-22-2013, 08:29 AM
Yep - any reason to discount her opinion works.

Damn right. a long history of being a Government Mouthpiece,, Parroting the Official story, and a visible lack of emotion.

Yeah,, easily discounted.

angelatc
08-22-2013, 08:32 AM
Ya, there was a lot of stuff in their making him seem like an incoherent, hallucinogenic, paranoid, drug user racing to his death.

At the end of the day, something doesn't quite add up, regardless if he did acid when he was 15 or not.

That's really cherry picking. The writer went out of his way to tell us that Hastings had a long history of abusing drugs and alcohol, including that he had fallen off the wagon after an extended period of sobriety. That history, along with the tales of manic paranoid behavior lends normal people to a conspiracy centering around mental illness.

mosquitobite
08-22-2013, 08:34 AM

You'll tell the story the way we tell you to tell the story. If you know what is good for you. (after all, you did see what we just did to your "husband")

donnay
08-22-2013, 08:40 AM
You'll tell the story the way we tell you to tell the story. If you know what is good for you. (after all, you did see what we just did to your "husband")

Oh you conspiracy theorist! The Mafia err the government would NEVER attempt to do things like that. They're our saviors!

angelatc
08-22-2013, 08:42 AM
So the cremation was not against the wishes of the family after all. That will stay part of the meme forever though....

http://whowhatwhy.com/2013/08/13/exclusive-hastings-unauthorized-cremation-mega-rumor-false-family-says/

angelatc
08-22-2013, 08:44 AM

Sure. Just make stuff up. The woman who started the cremation rumor did.

donnay
08-22-2013, 08:46 AM
Sure. Just make stuff up. The woman who started the cremation rumor did.

Do you have a source for that?

Occam's Banana
08-22-2013, 08:59 AM

It's not paranoia if they really are after you.

It is not a question of whether you're being paranoid.
It is a question of whether you're being paranoid enough ...

angelatc
08-22-2013, 09:05 AM
Gary Webb.

Yeah, it was totally genius of Them to wait for a couple of decades after everybody had read his story, and in fact totally forgotten that he even existed, to thrust him back into the limelight like that.

Meanwhile, Bernstein and Woodward were offed immediately, because their story was much bigger.

pcosmar
08-22-2013, 09:12 AM

The only source I could find is a "debunking" site that listed NO SOURCE and the poster was Banned.

I would be interested in that source as well.

donnay
08-22-2013, 09:13 AM
Hastings Sends Email from Beyond the Grave, Urges Family to Drop Investigation

LOS ANGELES — The family of recently deceased journalist Michael Hastings has finally received some good news – an email Hastings managed to send from the Great Beyond. The email reportedly urges his wife and family not to worry about him, nor press for an investigation into his death, as “there is nothing suspicious about it at all,” and “no other party or government agency was involved in anyway.”

Hastings — a vocal critic of government surveillance famous for a hit piece that claimed the career of four-star general Stanley McChrystal — died in the early morning of June 18th, after his Mercedes swerved off an empty road, hit a tree, and exploded. Shortly prior to the accident he sent a colleague at Buzzfeed an email expressing concerns about the “heat” he was attracting from “the feds” due to a big story he was working on. Hastings’ body was finally returned to his family last week, in an urn – after a surprise cremation.

In his afterlife email, Hastings went on to write that it was always his wish to be cremated, and he’s thankful the authorities were thoughtful enough to take care of all the arrangements without troubling his family.

Hastings’s friend and family spokesman, Sgt. Joe Biggs, was initially dubious about the authenticity of the newest email; but his doubts were allayed after he saw that it was indeed sent from Hastings’s email account:

“It’s his email address alright, so he must’ve sent it from Heaven somehow. Who else could possibly have access to other people’s electronic communications?”

The suggestion that Hastings’s email account may have been infiltrated is almost as wild as some of the other conspiracy theories this case has inspired. Richard Clarke, who worked under the Bush administration as a counter-terrorism expert, believes that Hastings’s entire Mercedes may have been hacked, as all available evidence point towards a “car cyberattack.”

“Hacked his car?” mused Biggs. “I don’t know, sounds like some high-level spy stuff to me. I mean you’d have to be pretty up there in the game to orchestrate something like this… Who in that position could possibly have something against Michael? He was just a journalist – did you read his Gen. McChrystal piece? He was a damn good journalist.”

Michael Morell, Deputy Director of the CIA, scoffed at the insinuation of agency involvement.

“A messy public accident that’s a fly strip for media attention? Who do you think we are, The Russians?” Morell said. “This would hurt us as much as it hurt him. Well, almost. You want someone who was out for both Hastings and the CIA. A disgruntled former employee, perhaps.”

http://www.newslo.com/hastings-sends-email-from-beyond-the-grave-urges-family-to-drop-investigation/#sthash.E6bkEXvU.dpuf

donnay
08-22-2013, 09:24 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5raJDwJv97E

http://www.sandiego6.com/story/hastings-investigation-20130714

"... Kimberly Dvorak is getting death threats! Although she claims that it’s normal for cases that are high profile in nature, there is a reason why this case should be excluded from that. Normally, death threats would only apply to cases where people disagree with the issue or case at hand. In this situation, the people do not disagree with the obvious possibility! People want to know what is going on, left and right – they want to know if the government murdered Hasting’s! The only “people” who are on the other side of this issue are the government officials who want this story to go away. They are doing a good job at holding the mainstream government-whip-slapped media down, but were unable to hold Kimberly down, as it seems. If there is going to be a death threat, it is most likely going to be from the government. The reason being, the people and citizens are not on two different sides of the issue. Normally, the people are on two sides of an issue and a group on an opposing side may have members that issue death threats, but this issue is unique in that it doesn’t have two sides among the citizens and audience that consumes the news. On this issue, the only group that hold the “other” side are the government officials that have the obvious agenda to hold this story down. If there is going to be a death threat, you know in all likelihood, there is only really one place that is could come from. I cannot and won’t discount the probability of a citizen issued death threat, but really, the odds of that occurring are so small that it should be nothing more than a thought tweaking in the back of your head (the purpose being, in case later, it becomes relevant)."

http://turkfromaustralia.wordpress.com/2013/07/21/government-destroys-evidence-of-hastings-murder-hastings-body-cremated-to-ashes-against-the-will-of-his-entire-family/

angelatc
08-22-2013, 09:28 AM

Yes, I do. His friends and family. Dvorak is the person who has no source, but I'm sure that won't change your mind. It's easier to believe that the CIA got to everybody than it is to admit that you fell for a lie without even questioning the source.

http://whowhatwhy.com/2013/08/13/exclusive-hastings-unauthorized-cremation-mega-rumor-false-family-says/

angelatc
08-22-2013, 09:31 AM
The only source I could find is a "debunking" site that listed NO SOURCE and the poster was Banned.

It was in the OP's original article. Not sure where you were looking, but as always, the obvious is the best place to look.

angelatc
08-22-2013, 09:35 AM

Its too bad you were not intersted in the "source" of the original rumor. You took that as gospel with absolutely no second guessing the legitimacy. Why is that?

Brian4Liberty
08-22-2013, 10:01 AM

Maybe she was the only one in on it? ;)

angelatc
08-22-2013, 10:05 AM
Maybe she was the only one in on it? ;)

That would at least make some sense. He was using chemicals again, had moved to another city, and was consoling the grieving young woman who lived above him.

donnay
08-22-2013, 10:07 AM
Yes, I do. His friends and family. Dvorak is the person who has no source, but I'm sure that won't change your mind. It's easier to believe that the CIA got to everybody than it is to admit that you fell for a lie without even questioning the source.

"But a family member told WhoWhatWhy, “It was our wish to have Michael’s remains cremated.” In fact, this family member said the cremation came about at the family’s specific request—and only after an autopsy and toxicology tests, whose results are pending."

Who were these family members?

You're not aware how organized crime works, I guess? When someone is threatened they will agree to whatever narrative the one's threatening them want, in fear that they will wind up like the loved one they are grieving over.

Hastings caught them off guard with the McCrystal story, I am sure they had a lot more to fear with Hastings possibly blindsiding them on their covert operations. There are factions within this government, hence why I call this government hijacked, they will kill, with malice, if anyone dares to exposes their corruption and blackmailing operations.

pcosmar
08-22-2013, 10:23 AM
Its too bad you were not intersted in the "source" of the original rumor. You took that as gospel with absolutely no second guessing the legitimacy. Why is that?

Oh I am interested in any sources. Including the very first one,, Loudlab that was johnny on the spot with the initial story of the crash,, (with the prominent beer bottle) and the bullshit "witness".

the witness is debunked by the Surveillance video that surfaced later. The car was neither out of control nor at excessive speed.

And from my own view of the scene (as much as I could see from photos and video..The place where the car came to rest,, the debris and engine down the road and the flash of the explosion seen in video.

and from well over 30 years of experience with wrecks. of all kinds.

There are lies being told.

dannno
08-22-2013, 10:33 AM

No, apparently his wife is just kind of slow.

dannno
08-22-2013, 10:37 AM
Hastings Sends Email from Beyond the Grave, Urges Family to Drop Investigation

LOS ANGELES — The family of recently deceased journalist Michael Hastings has finally received some good news – an email Hastings managed to send from the Great Beyond. The email reportedly urges his wife and family not to worry about him, nor press for an investigation into his death, as “there is nothing suspicious about it at all,” and “no other party or government agency was involved in anyway.”

Hastings — a vocal critic of government surveillance famous for a hit piece that claimed the career of four-star general Stanley McChrystal — died in the early morning of June 18th, after his Mercedes swerved off an empty road, hit a tree, and exploded. Shortly prior to the accident he sent a colleague at Buzzfeed an email expressing concerns about the “heat” he was attracting from “the feds” due to a big story he was working on. Hastings’ body was finally returned to his family last week, in an urn – after a surprise cremation.

In his afterlife email, Hastings went on to write that it was always his wish to be cremated, and he’s thankful the authorities were thoughtful enough to take care of all the arrangements without troubling his family.

Hastings’s friend and family spokesman, Sgt. Joe Biggs, was initially dubious about the authenticity of the newest email; but his doubts were allayed after he saw that it was indeed sent from Hastings’s email account:

“It’s his email address alright, so he must’ve sent it from Heaven somehow. Who else could possibly have access to other people’s electronic communications?”

The suggestion that Hastings’s email account may have been infiltrated is almost as wild as some of the other conspiracy theories this case has inspired. Richard Clarke, who worked under the Bush administration as a counter-terrorism expert, believes that Hastings’s entire Mercedes may have been hacked, as all available evidence point towards a “car cyberattack.”

“Hacked his car?” mused Biggs. “I don’t know, sounds like some high-level spy stuff to me. I mean you’d have to be pretty up there in the game to orchestrate something like this… Who in that position could possibly have something against Michael? He was just a journalist – did you read his Gen. McChrystal piece? He was a damn good journalist.”

Michael Morell, Deputy Director of the CIA, scoffed at the insinuation of agency involvement.

“A messy public accident that’s a fly strip for media attention? Who do you think we are, The Russians?” Morell said. “This would hurt us as much as it hurt him. Well, almost. You want someone who was out for both Hastings and the CIA. A disgruntled former employee, perhaps.”

http://www.newslo.com/hastings-sends-email-from-beyond-the-grave-urges-family-to-drop-investigation/#sthash.E6bkEXvU.dpuf

Hah, this is just satire, like the onion, it is hilarious nonetheless.

pcosmar
08-22-2013, 10:57 AM
Anyone read the Autopsy report?

Aside from NO Alcohol and only trace amounts of drugs that would have no bearing on the accident,, did you read the rest?

Death was nearly instantaneous. Blunt Force Trauma.

Look at this other head on ,, at speed crash.
http://www.gtspirit.com/2013/04/12/car-crash-mercedes-benz-sls-amg-roadster-destroyed-in-bridge-collision/

Driver and passenger were hospitalized,, but alive.

Did you read the autopsy? Blunt Force Trauma..
Was there no Air Bag? Did it fail to deploy? (I would like to check that),, (or was the autopsy fabricated?)

Of course if the engine was blown out,, it likely took the sensors with it,, and it wouldn't have triggered.

Danke
08-22-2013, 11:06 AM
Michael Hastings’ Wife Vows to “Take Down Whoever Did This” (http://www.prisonplanet.com/michael-hastings-wife-vows-to-take-down-whoever-did-this.html)

better-dead-than-fed
08-22-2013, 02:00 PM

The cremation rumor was started by a miscommunication between Hasting's friend Biggs and a TV-reporter Kimberly Dvorak. Here is the full source, Bigg's side of the story, and Dvorak's article, in its revised form:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?421781-Journalist-Michael-Hastings-Body-Cremated-By-Authorities-Against-Family-s-Wishes-(Video)&p=5133394&viewfull=1#post5133394

better-dead-than-fed
08-22-2013, 02:24 PM
The writer went out of his way to tell us....

Writer's exact words:

Interviews with friends as well as the coroner's report suggest that Hastings' mental health was deteriorating. As a young man, he'd abused drugs and alcohol and received a possible diagnosis of manic depression. Now, after a long period of sobriety, he had recently begun smoking pot to treat his post-traumatic stress disorder — the product of years of covering combat.

His family was concerned. In the days leading up to his death, one of his brothers visited L.A. in an attempt to get Hastings into rehab; he later told investigators he feared more serious drug use.

The writer went out of his way to tell us that Hastings had a long history of abusing drugs and alcohol,

Actually the writer does not even pretend to have seen Hastings use drugs or alcohol ever.

including that he had fallen off the wagon after an extended period of sobriety.

By which you really mean, Hastings allegedly smoked pot.

That history, along with the tales of manic paranoid behavior lends normal people to a conspiracy centering around mental illness.

The only "mental disorders" mentioned are "manic depression", "bipolar disorder", and "post traumatic stress disorder", but none of those "disorders" is characterized by delusions (false beliefs).

Before Hemingway's file came out, (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?425041-Hastings-quot-urgently-asked-to-borrow-her-Volvo-He-said-he-was-afraid-to-drive-his-own-car-quot&p=5188523&viewfull=1#post5188523)would you have joined the mob which assumed his beliefs about the FBI were delusional? Because in your mind, if a person smokes pot and believes the feds are targeting him, therefore the feds must not be targeting him?

better-dead-than-fed
08-22-2013, 02:28 PM

Not evidently, but what is the basis for her opinion that he was not murdered?

pcosmar
08-22-2013, 02:31 PM
The cremation rumor was started by a miscommunication between Hasting's friend Biggs and a TV-reporter Kimberly Dvorak. Here is the full source, Bigg's side of the story, and Dvorak's article, in its revised form:

Unfortunately it also prevents any independent investigation.. or verification.

though I found it interesting on a couple points.

puppetmaster
08-22-2013, 02:39 PM
She is either in on it or she is going to find out who was. The look on that woman was one of a determined person. There was more to that interview than most will see.

DamianTV
08-22-2013, 03:30 PM
It is not a question of whether you're being paranoid.
It is a question of whether you're being paranoid enough ...

You arent paranoid if they are really after you.

Anti Federalist
08-22-2013, 05:11 PM
Oh you conspiracy theorist! The Mafia err the government would NEVER attempt to do things like that. They're our saviors!

Amazing how much sway, real or doctored pictures of your wife or husband having an affair, can bring to the table.

"Look at what he did to you. How can you defend that?"

Anti Federalist
08-22-2013, 05:14 PM
Of course if the engine was blown out,, it likely took the sensors with it,, and it wouldn't have triggered.

And the ECM.

Everything in a new computer car is networked through the ECM hub.

No ECM, no airbag deployment.

donnay
08-22-2013, 06:29 PM
Amazing how much sway, real or doctored pictures of your wife or husband having an affair, can bring to the table.

"Look at what he did to you. How can you defend that?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tNEvCdVtk0

better-dead-than-fed
08-23-2013, 05:34 AM
The writer went out of his way...

He sure did.

... to tell us that Hastings had a long history of abusing drugs and alcohol, including that he had fallen off the wagon after an extended period of sobriety. That history, along with the tales of manic paranoid behavior lends normal people to a conspiracy centering around mental illness.

I am not normal then, because I see you buying into an account that was mostly fed to Maddaus (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?425041-Hastings-quot-urgently-asked-to-borrow-her-Volvo-He-said-he-was-afraid-to-drive-his-own-car-quot&p=5188442&viewfull=1#post5188442) by the LAPD. Maddus never heard any "tales" from Hasting's brother; Maddus rather recites LAPD reports (https://twitter.com/GeneMaddaus/status/370377091860004865) about their own interview with Hasting's brother. I also have seen how police fabricated records about me, and judges and the DOJ only rewarded the police for being untruthful.

limequat
08-23-2013, 05:43 AM
And the ECM.

Everything in a new computer car is networked through the ECM hub.

No ECM, no airbag deployment.

That's not quite how it works. The airbag is deployed by a separate module. It's triggered by sensors mounted ahead of the core support. The sensors detect accelerations that are unrealistic for every-day driving, and the module triggers the bags. All this happens before the crash completes.

In Hastings' case, the bags SHOULD have deployed.

Peace Piper
08-23-2013, 06:24 AM
Why didn't the engine from Lady Diana's 1994 Mercedes-Benz S280 fly up and out 100 feet or so ahead of the car through the Pont de l'Alma tunnel? Why no fire and explosion? Were cars safer then?

At around 12:23 am at the entrance to the tunnel, their driver lost control; the car swerved to the left of the two-lane carriageway before colliding head-on with the 13th pillar at an estimated speed of 65 mph.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Diana,_Princess_of_Wales

http://media2.apnonline.com.au/img/media/images/2008/09/08/mercmain_t460.jpg

pcosmar
08-23-2013, 07:12 AM
That's not quite how it works. The airbag is deployed by a separate module. It's triggered by sensors mounted ahead of the core support. The sensors detect accelerations that are unrealistic for every-day driving, and the module triggers the bags. All this happens before the crash completes.

In Hastings' case, the bags SHOULD have deployed.

Actually they detect deceleration,, impact specifically. and they are located in front of the vehicle (in front of the engine).
However if the wires are severed there is no information to send to the airbag to deploy it.

The engine was not in that car when it came to rest . Neither was the front left wheel or the entire front left fender.
It was not crushed as would be expected in a front corner crash.. It was gone entirely.

http://farganne.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/frontendgone3.png

Also note, all the windows gone,,and the intensity of the fire from the interior of the car.
This can be seen especially on the door.

enhanced_deficit
08-23-2013, 12:14 PM
Waiting for independent investigationso all the facts come out. If pupms get implicated , so be it.

better-dead-than-fed
08-23-2013, 01:10 PM
Meanwhile, Bernstein and Woodward were offed immediately, because their story was much bigger.

Speaking of that episode,

Hunt and Liddy recommended a "covert operation" to get a "mother lode" of information about Ellsberg's "mental state" in order to discredit him.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Ellsberg

susano
08-23-2013, 01:41 PM
Another Mercedes in bad crash. No engine or drivetrain thrown 100' away, no fire.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00661/news-graphics-2008-_661490a.jpg

The car, itself, is the best evidence.

susano
08-23-2013, 01:56 PM
Actually they detect deceleration,, impact specifically. and they are located in front of the vehicle (in front of the engine).
However if the wires are severed there is no information to send to the airbag to deploy it.

The engine was not in that car when it came to rest . Neither was the front left wheel or the entire front left fender.
It was not crushed as would be expected in a front corner crash.. It was gone entirely.

http://farganne.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/frontendgone3.png

Also note, all the windows gone,,and the intensity of the fire from the interior of the car.
This can be seen especially on the door.

Damn. Nice screen shot.

The computer may never have even been messed with. A bomb is sufficient.

Couple of other things: I looked up some previous LA Weekly articles about Hastings and they had another writer covering the story. Why was Maddeus (sp) chosen to write this one? Also, ran across another article by Kimberly that said it was calculated, by time on the last surveillance tape and the distance that the car traveled, that Hastings was going 35 MPH.

susano
08-23-2013, 02:12 PM
BTW, nothing about the interview with Hastings' wife made me think she was "in on it". She just seemed not upset. There can be lots of reasons for that. She could be a very cool and controlled person (and with that impressive resume it wouldn't surprise me) and playing her cards close to the vest. She may have been threatened or is simply smart enough to play like she thinks it was an accident in order not to put herself at risk. She's obviously a very smart lady.

There was a lot of space in the LA Weekly piece devoted to enforcing the idea that Hastings was mentally ill and self destructive. I've seen this shit before. When the DC Madam was found hanged and it was ruled a suicide, CNN reported that she'd said rather kill herself than go to prison, yet on Alex Jones she said she wanted it to be known that she would never kill herself, was not in the least suicidal, and if she turned up dead it would be murder.

better-dead-than-fed
08-23-2013, 03:45 PM
There was a lot of space in the LA Weekly piece devoted to enforcing the idea that Hastings was mentally ill and self destructive. I've seen this shit before. When the DC Madam was found hanged and it was ruled a suicide, CNN reported that she'd said rather kill herself than go to prison, yet on Alex Jones she said she wanted it to be known that she would never kill herself, was not in the least suicidal, and if she turned up dead it would be murder.

http://www.laweekly.com/2013-08-22/news/michael-hastings-crash/full/

Hastings' brother told investigators that, although Hastings had never talked of suicide, he did think of himself as "invincible," believing he could jump off his balcony and be all right.

Sounds pretty crazy when something Hastings may or may not have said is passed down this chain: Hastings -> Hastings's brother -> LAPD -> LA Weekly. If Hastings truly believed he was invincible, it is strange he did not announce something so remarkable to the entire world here:

https://twitter.com/mmhastings

What theorists do not recognize, Kay says, is that "the U.S. government does not go around killing journalists who happen to be investigating it."

What Kay does not admit, is that he is talking out his butt.

devil21
08-23-2013, 04:41 PM
Im starting to wonder if the Hastings assassination (yes, that's what I think it was but feel free to disagree) was related to Benghazi, seeing how CIA director Brennan was the target of his next piece. Just a thought.

susano
08-23-2013, 10:27 PM
Im starting to wonder if the Hastings assassination (yes, that's what I think it was but feel free to disagree) was related to Benghazi, seeing how CIA director Brennan was the target of his next piece. Just a thought.

Agreed. I don't know Hastings would not have been looking at Benghazi, especially with allegations of running weapons out of Libya.

angelatc
08-23-2013, 11:28 PM
Writer's exact words:

Actually the writer does not even pretend to have seen Hastings use drugs or alcohol ever.

By which you really mean, Hastings allegedly smoked pot.

The only "mental disorders" mentioned are "manic depression", "bipolar disorder", and "post traumatic stress disorder", but none of those "disorders" is characterized by delusions (false beliefs).

Before Hemingway's file came out, (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?425041-Hastings-quot-urgently-asked-to-borrow-her-Volvo-He-said-he-was-afraid-to-drive-his-own-car-quot&p=5188523&viewfull=1#post5188523)would you have joined the mob which assumed his beliefs about the FBI were delusional? Because in your mind, if a person smokes pot and believes the feds are targeting him, therefore the feds must not be targeting him?

I don't think the FBI killed Hemmingway either.

Did you even read the piece? He talked about Hastings using drugs in high school and college, to the point of needing professional help. Then he talked about him getting treated for being addicted to Adderall. Then he talks about Hastings starting to drink again in the past two years. ANd then he concludes with the fact that he was taking Adderall again.

Those examples aren't included to discount any story our local crazy squad fabricates but rather to illustrate a long cycle of chemical abuse, something not uncommon for people who have mental illness. And his family - the people who actually knew him - suspected something was happening . They sent his brother out to try to talk him into going into rehab because he was talking about being able to perform super human feats for heaven's sakes.

angelatc
08-23-2013, 11:35 PM
BTW, nothing about the interview with Hastings' wife made me think she was "in on it". She just seemed not upset. There can be lots of reasons for that. She could be a very cool and controlled person (and with that impressive resume it wouldn't surprise me) and playing her cards close to the vest. She may have been threatened or is simply smart enough to play like she thinks it was an accident in order not to put herself at risk. She's obviously a very smart lady.

Did the DC MAdame's brother fly out because she was talking crazy enough to upset the whole family? Because Hastings' brother was flown out for that very reason.

Like I said in the post above, his whole life not just the past 2 months, indicated a struggle with addiction, something not uncommon in people who struggle with mental illness.

But I already know there's no stopping the conspiracy train. No evidence to support a conspiracy, lots of evidence to support a simple automobile accident.

Wifey says it isn't a plot? She's in on it. Or the FBI got to her. Some attention whore reporter fabricates a tidbit to stir the pot wit no source what so ever? Totally credible.

angelatc
08-23-2013, 11:40 PM
Damn. Nice screen shot.

The computer may never have even been messed with. A bomb is sufficient.

Couple of other things: I looked up some previous LA Weekly articles about Hastings and they had another writer covering the story. Why was Maddeus (sp) chosen to write this one? Also, ran across another article by Kimberly that said it was calculated, by time on the last surveillance tape and the distance that the car traveled, that Hastings was going 35 MPH.

You're pretty funny - still citing Kimberly right after she got her ass handed to her on the cremation thing. Apparently her sources aren't real, or very credible.

angelatc
08-23-2013, 11:41 PM
Speaking of that episode,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Ellsberg

We all know about Ellsberg's stuff. But they didn't kill him, now did they?

angelatc
08-23-2013, 11:43 PM
Another Mercedes in bad crash. No engine or drivetrain thrown 100' away, no fire.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00661/news-graphics-2008-_661490a.jpg

The car, itself, is the best evidence.

While I firmly believe that you indeed consider it solid evidence, that car is not evidence at all. It is an entirely different accident. It looks like that one hit a pole head on, but Hastings' car did not.

I also suspect that car did not go airborne, nor did it have its undercarriage ripped apart by a metal pipe that was sticking up out of the ground that we all saw spewing water at the scene of the accident.

We have been through this over and over. Sometimes cars do indeed launch their engines, and sometimes they catch on fire. Finding one car that did not is not evidence that Hastings' shouldn't have.

angelatc
08-23-2013, 11:50 PM
He sure did.

I am not normal then, because I see you buying into an account that was mostly fed to Maddaus (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?425041-Hastings-quot-urgently-asked-to-borrow-her-Volvo-He-said-he-was-afraid-to-drive-his-own-car-quot&p=5188442&viewfull=1#post5188442) by the LAPD. Maddus never heard any "tales" from Hasting's brother; Maddus rather recites LAPD reports (https://twitter.com/GeneMaddaus/status/370377091860004865) about their own interview with Hasting's brother. I also have seen how police fabricated records about me, and judges and the DOJ only rewarded the police for being untruthful.

You people are insane. That's the only thing that makes sense. You only believe evidence when it doesn't exist.

Prove that the police lied about Hastings' brother coming out to rehab him. And that they made up those stories. And that the reporter didn't verify the statements with the family.

I'll be waiting in the kitchen, so I won't starve to death. Because you can't.

fearthereaperx
08-24-2013, 12:02 AM
Did the DC MAdame's brother fly out because she was talking crazy enough to upset the whole family? Because Hastings' brother was flown out for that very reason.

Like I said in the post above, his whole life not just the past 2 months, indicated a struggle with addiction, something not uncommon in people who struggle with mental illness.

But I already know there's no stopping the conspiracy train. No evidence to support a conspiracy, lots of evidence to support a simple automobile accident.

Wifey says it isn't a plot? She's in on it. Or the FBI got to her. Some attention whore reporter fabricates a tidbit to stir the pot wit no source what so ever? Totally credible.

Wifey also said: "I am going to bring down whomever did this" in a private conversation.

Also, in her Piers Morgan interview, when she states: "I believe that this was just a tragic accident", at the end of the sentence her voice drops off and loses fullness. You don't hear this anywhere at all in the interview, except when addressing the Michael Hastings conspiracy question. Any voice stress analysis tech used by the CIA and FBI would show that she is not confident or sincerely believes what she is saying. Doesn't mean she's "in on it" but that she could also be scared and attempting to be coy--of her true feelings-- about it in public.

dannno
08-24-2013, 12:24 AM
Then he talked about him getting treated for being addicted to Adderall.

I knew the "meth" they found in his system was a legal prescription drug.

angelatc
08-24-2013, 12:34 AM
I knew the "meth" they found in his system was a legal prescription drug.

That doesn't matter. Addicts don't use drugs, prescribed or otherwise. In fact, when Hastings was clean he wrote a scathing piece about one of Oprah's "pets," some guy who wrote a book about being sober but was in fact still smoking dope and taking pills.

The question I have related to the police report and te autopsy. The brother said he thought that Hastings was using DMT, a hallucegenic. The police asked the coroner to include that in the tox screen. He references not finding it, but Erowid says there is no test to detect it.

To me, that indicates he could have been tripping his face off when he crashed.

angelatc
08-24-2013, 12:37 AM
Wifey also said: "I am going to bring down whomever did this" in a private conversation.

Says who? The same reporter who said the family didn't want the body cremated?

Also, in her Piers Morgan interview, when she states: "I believe that this was just a tragic accident", at the end of the sentence her voice drops off and loses fullness. You don't hear this anywhere at all in the interview, except when addressing the Michael Hastings conspiracy question. Any voice stress analysis tech used by the CIA and FBI would show that she is not confident or sincerely believes what she is saying. Doesn't mean she's "in on it" but that she could also be scared and attempting to be coy--of her true feelings-- about it in public.

Right. LIke I said, you people simply won't believe anything that doesn't support your theory-of-the-month, while believing any ol' thing that does...even when it's entirely fabricated from thin air.

angelatc
08-24-2013, 12:43 AM
Unfortunately it also prevents any independent investigation.. or verification.

though I found it interesting on a couple points.

Joe Biggs is on Twittter. You can verify it - something your "trustworthy" reporter couldn't do.

fearthereaperx
08-24-2013, 12:49 AM

Right. LIke I said, you people simply won't believe anything that doesn't support your theory-of-the-month, while believing any ol' thing that does...even when it's entirely fabricated from thin air.

She told Joe Biggs that at the funeral.

better-dead-than-fed
08-24-2013, 12:51 AM
You people are insane.

Right, or when you read:

one of his brothers visited L.A. in an attempt to get Hastings into rehab; he later told investigators he feared more serious drug use....

By then, his behavior had frightened his out-of-town family members. Hastings' brother had come to visit that day from New York, hoping to persuade him to enter drug treatment. Hastings' brother later would speculate to authorities that, in addition to marijuana, Hastings was taking the hallucinogen DMT — which Thigpen calls "ridiculous." Hastings' brother also told investigators that he would not be surprised to find cocaine or another stimulant in the apartment....

In addition to his drug use, Hastings was saying some disturbing things. Hastings' brother told investigators that, although Hastings had never talked of suicide, he did think of himself as "invincible," believing he could jump off his balcony and be all right....

That night, his brother later told investigators, Hastings smoked marijuana and passed out around 12:30 or 1 a.m. His brother retired to the empty apartment underneath Thigpen's — the one Hastings used to write....

you have trained yourself to overlook the words in bold, and to pretend that these allegations were communicated directly from Hastings's brother to the LA Weekly.

Did you even read the piece? He talked about Hastings using drugs in high school and college, to the point of needing professional help.

I read it, and I have read similar pieces written by the FBI about me, and they were inaccurate and distorted by selective omissions. I would post the pieces written by the FBI about me, to show you how untruthful they are; except of all the strange coincidences, a copy of the FBI's report is being illegally withheld from me:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/12pGdd-DDTuOS0zWV3kmbMG_dYdEpluGeI28QrySgVMk/pub

his whole life [as told by the LAPD to Gene Maddaus (http://www.laweekly.com/2013-08-22/news/michael-hastings-crash/full/)] not just the past 2 months, indicated a struggle with addiction....

I already know there's no stopping the conspiracy train.

Isn't that what you thought when I conspiracy-theory'd that these accused persons were not guilty:

I suspect that they won't need a body to convict these guys of murder if they have the testimony of the three survivors.

I really don't want them to get the death penalty. Not only am I opposed to it, I just much prefer the thought of these guys spending the rest of their lives in a maximum security prison, where the other inmates can make them crawl around on leashes during the day.

I just saw the interview on CNN with the brothers. Looks like they were completely deceived like everyone else. The reporter pointed out the women themselves stated the brothers had nothing to do with it. I apparently jumped the gun, so I wanted to come out and retract it.

Nothing but delusions and paranoia on your part. So much for your judgment.

angelatc
08-24-2013, 12:58 AM
Right, or when you read:

you have trained yourself to overlook the words in bold, and to pretend that these allegations were communicated directly from Hastings's brother to the LA Weekly.

I read it, and I have read similar pieces written by the FBI about me, and they were inaccurate and distorted by selective omissions. I would post the pieces written by the FBI about, to show you how untruthful they are; except of all the strange coincidences, a copy of the FBI's report is being illegally withheld from me:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/12pGdd-DDTuOS0zWV3kmbMG_dYdEpluGeI28QrySgVMk/pub

Isn't that what you thought when I conspiracy-theory'd that that these accused persons were not guilty:

Speaking of delusions and paranoia - this has nothing to do with you. You have no proof at all that the writer is wrong about Hastings, that he didn't verify the statements in the report, or that Hastings wasn't using drugs again, and had indeed used them for his entire life.

Unless of course, his whole family is in on it. I mean, that's got to be the only reason that they didn't come out and correct all those vicious lies, including the assertions Hastings made about himself in his own damned books.

Looks like I was right about the crazy-train though. You have a season pass.

better-dead-than-fed
08-24-2013, 01:06 AM
Speaking of delusions and paranoia - this has nothing to do with you.

Actually it has everything to do with the veracity of police reports. You seriously do not understand that?

You have no proof at all that the writer is wrong about Hastings, that he didn't verify the statements in the report,

If he had verified the statements, he would have omitted the words (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?425041-Hastings-quot-urgently-asked-to-borrow-her-Volvo-He-said-he-was-afraid-to-drive-his-own-car-quot&p=5192306&viewfull=1#post5192306) in bold as superfluous.

Looks like I was right about the crazy-train though.

That is what government agents always say, including the unwitting agents who don't even realize whom they are working for.

susano
08-24-2013, 01:11 AM
Michael Hastings' car is the evidence for what happened in his crash, Angela, not Diana's. Yes, the vehicle, be it a plane or a car can tell a lot about what happened.

Your insistent interpretation of Hastings as mentally ill, which you keep repeating, is strange. Lots of people drink, smoke weed, and take ADD drugs and they are not mentally ill. Have you read any of his work? It isn't the work of a mental case. He had good reason to be hyper vigilant because of what happened with McChrystal and the DoJ spying on journalists and tapping their phones. He made a lot of enemies with that Rolling Stone article and the subsequent fallout.

You also call the Sand Diego reporter an attention whore? WTF is wrong with you? Sounds like you have issues.

Here's the drug addled, paranoid, suicidal, mentally ill Michael Hastings:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsGE5VVtN2g

angelatc
08-24-2013, 01:13 AM
R

Isn't that what you thought when I conspiracy-theory'd that these accused persons were not guilty:

ANd by the way, there was nothing paranoid or delusional with that statement. The men were being held for questioning, and I clearly said that if they had 3 victims to testify against them, the case would be solid. I said nothing that needed to be retracted.

You, on the other hand, are making up a conspiracy narrative every time the media feeds us a sexy new headline. I don't actually rememer the statements you made in the Cleveland case, but I'm guessing it had to do with a government conspiracy of some sort.

Like I said, you have a season pass, and you're not shy about waving it around.

fearthereaperx
08-24-2013, 01:15 AM

Also, Absence of evidence does not mean evidence of absence.

I try to bring up valid points in areas that may show an obvious contradiction in the official narrative. There shouldn't be anything wrong with providing an alternative viewpoint/messaging. It actually can be very helpful in solving problems. We see this in economics, medicine, science, and yes, private investigations.

better-dead-than-fed
08-24-2013, 01:17 AM
We all know about Ellsberg's stuff. But they didn't kill him, now did they?

And they attempted to discredit him as crazy. And you have some issues dealing with that fact.

angelatc
08-24-2013, 01:17 AM
Michael Hastings' car is the evidence for what happened in his crash, Angela, not Diana's. Yes, the vehicle, be it a plane or a car can tell a lot about what happened.

The car you called evidence wasn't his car.

Your insistent interpretation of Hastings as mentally ill, which you keep repeating, is strange. Lots of people drink, smoke weed, and take ADD drugs and they are not mentally ill. Have you read any of his work? It isn't the work of a mental case. He had good reason to be hyper vigilant because of what happened with McChrystal and the DoJ spying on journalists and tapping their phones. He made a lot of enemies with that Rolling Stone article and the subsequent fallout.

You also call the Sand Diego reporter an attention whore? WTF is wrong with you? Sounds like you have issues.

Here's the drug addled, paranoid, suicidal, mentally ill Michael Hastings:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsGE5VVtN2g

So you're calling him a liar? He's the guy who documented his own struggles with drugs and alcohol and possible mental health issues. Read his fucking books.

Or maybe you don't realize that people with mental problems often try to "self-medicate." Although I have actually been very careful not to call him mentally ill, because he hadn't received that diagnosis. I suspect he would have though, because by al accounts the guy was wired even when he wasn't high.

Or maybe you're calling his mother and brothers liars, for flying out to try to put him in rehab after speaking with him on the phone.

I mean jeepers - don't they watch YouTube?

better-dead-than-fed
08-24-2013, 01:19 AM
I don't actually rememer the statements you made in the Cleveland case, but I'm guessing it had to do with a government conspiracy of some sort.

And you are guessing wrong, once again. Just paranoia and delusions on your part. So much for your judgment, once again.

better-dead-than-fed
08-24-2013, 01:20 AM
I mean jeepers - don't they watch YouTube?

Says the expert who gets her information from LAPD reports.

susano
08-24-2013, 01:28 AM
Smoking weed, drinking, and taking ADD drugs does not account for the car crash. He wasn't drunk or intoxicated. Why is the front end of the car gone? Why was the motor 100' BEHIND the impact? Could it be because a bomb blew the front end off and the motor landed in the place where the explosion occurred? You seem to be an expert on these things, Angela, so do tell.

And, why is a reporter trying to get to the bottom of what happened an 'attention whore'?

angelatc
08-24-2013, 01:29 AM
She told Joe Biggs that at the funeral.

Really? Is that what Joe told you?

I heard her say she didn't think it was anything except an accident. A first hand source.

If Joe told you she said that, that's what - 2nd hand? If it came from Info Wars, it's as reliable as the cremation rumor, and also makes it a third hand report.

I'm going with what she actually said. You're going with what you want to hear.

And do you know the context of the conversation? Biggs has made it clear he thinks it was murder. It's pretty easy for me to imagine her saying that in a condescending tone just to get rid of him and his crazy conspiracy theory on the day they were burying her husband.

better-dead-than-fed
08-24-2013, 01:32 AM
Everyone knows smoking weed makes you drive a hundred miles per hour. Not.

devil21
08-24-2013, 01:37 AM
I don't think the FBI killed Hemmingway either.

Did you even read the piece? He talked about Hastings using drugs in high school and college, to the point of needing professional help. Then he talked about him getting treated for being addicted to Adderall. Then he talks about Hastings starting to drink again in the past two years. ANd then he concludes with the fact that he was taking Adderall again.

Those examples aren't included to discount any story our local crazy squad fabricates but rather to illustrate a long cycle of chemical abuse, something not uncommon for people who have mental illness. And his family - the people who actually knew him - suspected something was happening . They sent his brother out to try to talk him into going into rehab because he was talking about being able to perform super human feats for heaven's sakes.

At the time of his death he wasn't under the influence of anything. Regardless of his history, he was sober at the time of his death, so his history has little relevance to the circumstances of his death unless you're suggesting something else like he was truly mentally ill and committed suicide or had a psychotic detachment episode behind the wheel. Is that what you're suggesting?

eta: Oh ok now he was tripping on DMT. Alcohol one didn't work out before so let's switch to another substance. Look, as much as it sucks to acknowledge, that guy was murdered because he got too close. These are the same people that launch missiles into wedding parties and houses. They don't care about offing some journalist and then smearing him in the media later.

better-dead-than-fed
08-24-2013, 01:38 AM
So you're calling him a liar? He's the guy who documented his own struggles with drugs and alcohol and possible mental health issues. Read his fucking books.

And you read the toxicology report, pertaining to the specific time of his death.

susano
08-24-2013, 01:39 AM
“In Hastings’ 2012 book, “The Operators: The Wild and Terrifying Inside Story of America’s War in Afghanistan,” Hastings writes of a McChrystal staffer who allegedly said to him, “We’ll hunt you down and kill you if we don’t like what you write.”

http://www.dojorat.com/did-they-get-to-journalist-michael-hastings/

And then the general was fired.

angelatc
08-24-2013, 01:41 AM
Smoking weed, drinking, and taking ADD drugs does not account for the car crash. He wasn't drunk or intoxicated. Why is the front end of the car gone? Why was the motor 100' BEHIND the impact? Could it be because a bomb blew the front end off and the motor landed in the place where the explosion occurred? You seem to be an expert on these things, Angela, so do tell.

And, why is a reporter trying to get to the bottom of what happened an 'attention whore'?

We've been through this about 1000 times. We of the sane half of the board have posted pictures, drawn recreations based on video and eyewitness testimony, cited automotive engineers, physics professors and shown similar examples.

The engine was not found behind the impact. Again, we've been through this 1000 times, and you can't even get the basic facts right.

We've proved that there's a dip in the road that would cause a speeding car to go airborne, and we've shown that the left hand wheels were indeed found at the accident scene. We've debunked the assertion that there were no tire marks on the road. We've shown how the fuel line could be ripped out by a pipe sticking out of the ground.

In return, we got Princess Diana and an unquestioned, unshakeable belief in a reporter who simply made up facts.

There is absolutely nothing in the conspiracy nuts that will accept anything less than President Obama holding a joystick. Well, except then we'd no doubt have to hear how he was being controlled by the Rockefeller wing of the Iluminati wit MK Ultra.

We've also asked why a bomb wouldn't make a car explode outwards. Still waiting to understand that.

And I'm still not convinced that he wasn't tripping. Like I asked - is there a test that would detect DMT? Because the foremost drug site on the web says no, but that might not be taking post-mortem tests into account. But the police report indicates his brother suspected they would find DMT in his system, something that the brother might not have known can't be detected.

Peace Piper
08-24-2013, 01:42 AM

The engine was found in front of the car. But that doesn't mean there wasn't foul play. Ladi Di's Mercedes hit a pillar head on (just as we're told happened in Hastings case) and the engine didn't go flying out and the car didn't catch fire. Perhaps cars were better built then.

Hopefully other posters will allow discussion of this on a discussion board. Links don't click themselves.

http://metabunk.org/sk/highland.crash.metabunk-20130708-084115.jpg

http://metabunk.org/sk/skitched-20130708-092544.jpg

http://metabunk.org/sk/n_highland_and_clinton_-20130708-094230.jpg

See full thread: http://metabunk.org/threads/debunked-michael-hastings-crash-engine-found-north-of-crash-going-south.1964/

Lady Diana's car:

http://alt.coxnewsweb.com/cnishared/tools/shared/mediahub/02/23/75/slide_175232_151818_BRITAIN_DIANA_LON61.jpg

At around 12:23 am at the entrance to the tunnel, their driver lost control; the car swerved to the left of the two-lane carriageway before colliding head-on with the 13th pillar supporting the roof at an estimated speed of 105 km/h (65 mph).

angelatc
08-24-2013, 01:45 AM
And you read the toxicology report, pertaining to the specific time of his death.

Wow, you really do have selective comprehension. I have nothing better to do though.

I read the report, including the request that the coroner look for DMT, a hallucinogenic. As far as I know there is no test to detect DMT. I am not a scientist or a medical professional. I could be wrong.

I looked at the webs go-to drug site, and they said there is no test for it. But I do not know if that includes postmortem testing. So I am saying that it is possible he was tripping his face off when he died if it's true that they can't detect DMT.

Peace Piper
08-24-2013, 01:47 AM
In return, we got Princess Diana and an unquestioned, unshakeable belief in a reporter who simply made up facts.

There is absolutely nothing in the conspiracy nuts that will accept anything less than President Obama holding a joystick. Well, except then we'd no doubt have to hear how he was being controlled by the Rockefeller wing of the Iluminati wit MK Ultra.

We've also asked why a bomb wouldn't make a car explode outwards. Still waiting to understand that.

And I'm still not convinced that he wasn't tripping. Like I asked - is there a test that would detect DMT? Because the foremost drug site on the web says no, but that might not be taking post-mortem tests into account. But the police report indicates his brother suspected they would find DMT in his system, something that the brother might not have known can't be detected.

You don't mind if some of us continue to discuss this on a discussion board do you?

By the way, I used to be called a "conspiracy theorist" when I told people that the CIA pulled a Coup d'etat on Iran in 1953 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1953_Iranian_coup_d'état). Now they've admitted it. I'm not holding my breath for apologies.

I will continue to question every single thing I'm told. Too bad for those that mock or scorn me, because it only strengthens my resolve.

We've been told nothing but lies for years. One day everyone will realize that.

angelatc
08-24-2013, 01:48 AM
Actually Piper, we were not told that Hastings hit a concrete pole head on. We were told that Hastings it a tree on the left front, and the car skidded around so it ended up facing the tree.

Like I said, we patiently go over this minutiae a thousand times, and we are still getting Lady Di because the facts don't fir the narrative.

angelatc
08-24-2013, 01:50 AM
You don't mind if some of us continue to discuss this on a discussion board do you?

By the way, I used to be called a "conspiracy theorist" when I told people that the CIA pulled a Coup d'etat on Iran in 1953 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1953_Iranian_coup_d'état). Now they've admitted it. I'm not holding my breath for apologies.

I will continue to question every single thing I'm told. Too bad for those that mock or scorn me, because it only strengthens my resolve.

We've been told nothing but lies for years. One day everyone will realize that.

The CIA admitted their involvement in Iran years and years ago. But hey - maybe they were lying, right?

If you were questioning everything, you would have caught the reporter in her lie. But her statement fit your narrative, so you accepted it willingly.

angelatc
08-24-2013, 01:55 AM
You don't mind if some of us continue to discuss this on a discussion board do you?.

You're not doing a very good job at discussing it. You can't even get the crash dynamics down.

Put this orgy of disinformation in Hot Topics where it should be, and I'll happily leave you and yours to sit around agreeing with yourselves all you want. But as long as it is here in General Politics, I'll be here pointing out to the world that at least a few of us aren't beyond being rationale.

better-dead-than-fed
08-24-2013, 01:55 AM

You seriously think that is what anyone here believes? So much for your judgement.

And I'm still not convinced that he wasn't tripping.

What support is there for your DMT conspiracy-theory besides this:

Hastings' brother later would speculate to authorities that, in addition to marijuana, Hastings was taking the hallucinogen DMT — which Thigpen calls "ridiculous."

angelatc
08-24-2013, 02:06 AM
You seriously think that is what anyone here believes? So much for your judgement.

What support is there for your DMT conspiracy-theory besides this:

Wait - the fact that the brother who was out and about on the town with him until midnight or so earlier that night told them they might find DMT in his system isn't grounds for a theory, but Princess Diana's car is?

Did you read the police and autopsy reports? Since you asked me that, I am actually assuming that you didn't, and mocking you. No need to, I guess, when everybody is lying about everything anyway.

Must save you a wicked amount of time, not having to actually produce any proof of your assertions.

better-dead-than-fed
08-24-2013, 02:10 AM
Did you read the police and autopsy report? Since you asked me that, I am guessing you didn't. No need to, I guess, when everybody is lying about everything anyway, right?

You seriously think I believe all the things you are suggesting I believe? Or you are just out to make a fool of yourself by misrepresenting my actual statements?

Your are guessing wrong, once again. Just more paranoia and delusions on your part. So much for your judgement.

the fact that the brother

Because in your impaired judgment, anything alleged by LAPD records is a proven fact.

angelatc
08-24-2013, 02:16 AM
You seriously think I believe all the things you are suggesting I believe? Or you are just out to make a fool of yourself by misrepresenting my actual statements?

Your are guessing wrong, once again. Just more paranoia and delusions on your part. So much for your judgement.

Because in your impaired judgment, anything alleged by LAPD records is a proven fact.

I think your mind is a swirling mess and I am not actually trying to figure out what you believe. I'm just trying to point out how ridiculous you look. Like this:

So, if you did read the reports, why did you ask me what my source was?

jtstellar
08-24-2013, 02:16 AM
sometimes i wish there are real life consequences

for people taking wrong stance/guesses on an issue to make them think twice before defending one side that helps corruption and harms transparency, even if inadvertently. especially if it is harmful in the grand scheme of this ongoing war between authoritarians and the people

as ron paul likes to say--what happens if i am wrong? nothing. what happens if i am right? nothing good. questioning everything may have minor backlash if taken to extremes, but it is often not nearly as bad as taking official stories at their face value

better-dead-than-fed
08-24-2013, 02:18 AM
My FBI records are littered with false allegations attributed to my father and sister. Some people do not know jack about the government's practices with respect to records-creation.

better-dead-than-fed
08-24-2013, 02:23 AM
why did you ask me what my source was?

Because if you had evidence (besides LAPD records) that Hastings's brother had said anything, I wanted to look at the evidence. (But it turned out you, once again, were just reciting LAPD reports as if they were fact.)

I think your mind is a swirling mess

Look who is talking.

fearthereaperx
08-24-2013, 02:26 AM
Wait - the fact that the brother who was out and about on the town with him until midnight or so earlier that night told them they might find DMT in his system isn't grounds for a theory, but Princess Diana's car is?

Did you read the police and autopsy reports? Since you asked me that, I am actually assuming that you didn't, and mocking you. No need to, I guess, when everybody is lying about everything anyway.

Must save you a wicked amount of time, not having to actually produce any proof of your assertions.

Probably not wise to cherry pick family members to support your argument.

The report’s narrative included several mentions of Hastings’s alleged use of various narcotics, apparently based largely upon comments from the brother who was attempting to intervene.

But another Hastings family member told WhoWhatWhy that the coroner’s report was “irresponsible.” The family member said via email, “The LAPD has done a really sloppy job investigating his case, and they were hoping for a mother lode of drugs in his system. When they didn’t get it in the toxicology lab results (science!), they had to insert speculation throughout their field report to compensate for their lack of an investigation. It’s so irresponsible"

http://whowhatwhy.com/2013/08/23/report-hastings-feared-tampering-on-rented-mercedes/

angelatc
08-24-2013, 02:29 AM
My FBI records are littered with false allegations attributed to my father and sister. Some people do not know jack about the government's practices with respect to records-creation.

Again, this isn't about you, but you're inadvertently proving a point - that you'd make a lot of noise trying to clear up the record. It also stands to reason that the brother would step forward to clear that up that DMT thing if it were a lie. After all, they cleared up the cremation rumor.

angelatc
08-24-2013, 02:33 AM
Probably not wise to cherry pick family members to support your argument.

http://whowhatwhy.com/2013/08/23/report-hastings-feared-tampering-on-rented-mercedes/

Really? Isn't that the same publication that you said can't be believed because he's just a mouth piece for the LAPD? And that he hadn't actually talked to any of the relatives? There you go again....

So, you have the word of an anonymous relative who lived on the other side of the country getting third hand information while I have the audacity to attach credibility to the word of the brother who was out socializing with him earlier the night he died. Heh. But I'm cherry picking, because I didn't throw out the latter based solely on the former. LOL!

better-dead-than-fed
08-24-2013, 02:42 AM
Again, this isn't about you

It is about:

the government's practices with respect to records-creation.

You seriously do not understand that? If my case sheds light on these practices, what is your point in ignoring that evidence? If you are hoping to increase the credibility of this forum by ignoring the evidence I offer, you will only continue shooting yourself in the foot.

It also stands to reason that the brother would step forward to clear that up that DMT thing if it were a lie. After all, they cleared up the cremation rumor.

I have no idea whether the brother has stepped forward. Have you been monitoring his every move?

Nor have I assumed the LAPD's allegations about Hastings's brother are false. Maybe in your mess of a delusional mind I did that, but not in fact.

What did Hastings's brother see, if anything, to support your DMT conspiracy-theory?

susano
08-24-2013, 02:47 AM
You're not doing a very good job at discussing it. You can't even get the crash dynamics down.

Put this orgy of disinformation in Hot Topics where it should be, and I'll happily leave you and yours to sit around agreeing with yourselves all you want. But as long as it is here in General Politics, I'll be here pointing out to the world that at least a few of us aren't beyond being rationale.

You are, without a doubt, one of the biggest fucking obnoxious bitches I have encountered on a forum, and that's saying a lot. You seem to have some kind of deep seated anger at people asking questions or even daring to have a discussion about the possibility this very controversial journalist, whose work led to the firing of an important and high profile general, may have been murdered. You carry on like the debunkers who trolled the threads about 9/11. Your vitriol toward people on this board - the half who must be not 'sane', unlike you - is truly appalling.

angelatc
08-24-2013, 02:52 AM
It is about: [Me!!!]

You seriously do not understand that? If my case sheds light on these practices, what is your point in ignoring that evidence? If you are hoping to increase the credibility of this forum by ignoring the evidence I offer, you will only continue shooting yourself in the foot.

You haven't proven anything except that you have a persecution complex. That's not evidence. And the FBI lying about you does not prove that the LAPD lied about Hastings.

I have no idea whether the brother has stepped forward. Have you been monitoring his every move?

Enough of that. If you can't find any evidence that his brother asked for that statement to be retracted, then it stands.

Nor have I assumed the LAPD's allegations about Hastings's brother are false. Maybe in your mess of a delusional mind I did that, but not in fact.

What did Hastings's brother see, if anything, to support your DMT conspiracy-theory?

I have no idea what he saw, heard or as told. I try to be more about facts than you, I guess. I'm not a conspiracy theorist - the allegation actually exists, from a credible source. Well, credible if you're sane.

(I have to keep reminding myself that this is the crowd that said all his friends were lying when they said they were drinking with him in the past few years, before the news finally broke that Hastings was indeed off the wagon.)

susano
08-24-2013, 02:56 AM
Originally Posted by angelatc View Post

Very telling.

angelatc
08-24-2013, 02:56 AM
You are, without a doubt, one of the biggest fucking obnoxious bitches I have encountered on a forum, and that's saying a lot. You seem to have some kind of deep seated anger at people asking questions or even daring to have a discussion about the possibility this very controversial journalist, whose work led to the firing of an important and high profile general, may have been murdered. You carry on like the debunkers who trolled the threads about 9/11. Your vitriol toward people on this board - the half who must be not 'sane', unlike you - is truly appalling.

Yeah, I get that a lot. Mostly from people who can't prove that I'm wrong when I just handed them their ass. They invariably resort to attacking me because their wild theories don't pass any kind of real scrutiny.

angelatc
08-24-2013, 02:58 AM
Originally Posted by angelatc View Post

Very telling.

Oh look! Proving my point. Man, it's like I've done this before!

better-dead-than-fed
08-24-2013, 03:05 AM
(I have to keep reminding myself that this is the crowd that said all his friends were lying when they said they were drinking with him in the past few years, before the news finally broke that Hastings was indeed off the wagon.)

I am not part of that crowd. Maybe in your malfunctioning mind, but not in fact.

You haven't proven anything except that you have a persecution complex.

That is what government agents (even ones too dumb to know who they are working for) always say, but where is the evidence to support your accusation against me?

And the FBI lying about you does not prove that the LAPD lied about Hastings.

I never said the FBI lied. Are you seriously so delusional?

And my point has never been about individual government employees making false statements. Maybe in your silly mess of a mentally-ill mind that was my point, but not in fact.

If you can't find any evidence that his brother asked for that statement to be retracted, then it stands.

Yes, it stands in your silly mess of a mind.

I have no idea what he saw, heard or as told.... the allegation actually exists, from a credible source. Well, credible if you're sane.

Because it would be insane to question the truth of the LAPD's claims? If you aren't being paid by the government, you should be.

fearthereaperx
08-24-2013, 03:10 AM
Really? Isn't that the same publication that you said can't be believed because he's just a mouth piece for the LAPD? And that he hadn't actually talked to any of the relatives? There you go again....

I think you are confusing me with someone else.

So, you have the word of an anonymous relative who lived on the other side of the country getting third hand information while I have the audacity to attach credibility to the word of the brother who was out socializing with him earlier the night he died. Heh. But I'm cherry picking, because I didn't throw out the latter based solely on the former. LOL!

The brother thought Michael was hopped up on drugs which caused the wreck. He told the police detective this information and both parties were hoping for that evidence to come true in the lab report. It didn't. I would take this brother's claims with a grain of salt as his credibility should be called into questioning for being so wrong in the first place.

better-dead-than-fed
08-24-2013, 03:10 AM
You seem to have some kind of deep seated anger at people asking questions or even daring to have a discussion about the possibility this very controversial journalist, whose work led to the firing of an important and high profile general, may have been murdered. Your vitriol toward people on this board - the half who must be not 'sane', unlike you - is truly appalling.

It is not anger or vitriol when it is a deliberate attempt to obscure the truth.

angelatc
08-24-2013, 03:16 AM
It is not anger or vitriol when it is a deliberate attempt to obscure the truth.

The truth is usually accompanied by facts. You don't have any.

angelatc
08-24-2013, 03:20 AM
I think you are confusing me with someone else.

The brother thought Michael was hopped up on drugs which caused the wreck. He told the police detective this information and both parties were hoping for that evidence to come true in the lab report. It didn't. I would take this brother's claims with a grain of salt as his credibility should be called into questioning for being so wrong in the first place.

Of course you would. You can't give the brother any credibility just because he was with Hastings the night he died. That would be outrageously silly.

So, does anybody have an actual answer to the question I had, about whether it's even possible to test for DMT? Because if it isn't, THAT would indicate that the LAPD was indeed lying, or at least misdirecting...

angelatc
08-24-2013, 03:22 AM
Because it would be insane to question the truth of the LAPD's claims? If you aren't being paid by the government, you should be.

I'm questioning their claim that they tested him for DMT. How did you miss that, Mister Logic?

fearthereaperx
08-24-2013, 03:37 AM
Of course you would. You can't give the brother any credibility just because he was with Hastings the night he died. That would be outrageously silly.

So, does anybody have an actual answer to the question I had, about whether it's even possible to test for DMT? Because if it isn't, THAT would indicate that the LAPD was indeed lying, or at least misdirecting...

His credibility, not as a witness, as a reliable source in terms of making claims and speculation beforehand and being proven correct later on is in question, because he seemed so sure about Hastings being impaired, coked up, while he was driving.

Kinda like how PHD's at the federal reserve should have their credibility called into question after being so sure that the economy showed no signs of imploding in 2007.

angelatc
08-24-2013, 03:40 AM
His credibility, not as a witness, as a reliable source in terms of making claims and speculation beforehand and being proven correct later on is in question, because he seemed so sure about Hastings being impaired, coked up, while he was driving.

His credibility is in question only because his first-person eye-witness account doesn't fit into the conspiracy scenario you guys created out of thin air. But whatever.

So, do you know where I can find an actual answer to my question about whether it's possible to screen for DMT?

better-dead-than-fed
08-24-2013, 03:42 AM
The truth is usually accompanied by facts. You don't have any.

Except for these:

By Gene Maddaus (https://twitter.com/GeneMaddaus)

He came to believe his Mercedes was being tampered with....http://www.laweekly.com/2013-08-22/news/michael-hastings-crash/

ME: You heard Thigpen's account of events directly from her?

GENE MADDAUS: Yes, I talked to Thigpen directly.

So your conspiracy-theory is that Hastings came to believe his Mercedes was being tampered with, and he dealt with this fear by smoking DMT while driving the Mercedes (DMT intoxication lasts about 10 minutes) at high speeds. Is this a fair representation of your conspiracy theory?

angelatc
08-24-2013, 03:47 AM
Except for these:

So your conspiracy-theory is that Hastings came to believe his Mercedes was being tampered with, and he dealt with this fear by smoking DMT while driving the Mercedes (DMT intoxication lasts about 10 minutes) at high speeds. Is this a fair representation of your conspiracy theory?

Oh I'm sorry! I thought you said Maddeus can't be trusted, because he's just a mouthpiece for the LAPD. You people spin so much you make everybody else dizzy. It's fucked up.

Hastings also believed he could jump off his balcony and not get hurt. Apparently he also believed he was a good driver at high speeds.

I don't have a theory, but I think it's pretty hysterical that you're bound and determined to make one up for me. I just want to know if the LAPD coroner is lying about being able to test for DMT.

You want to catch them lying, don't you?

better-dead-than-fed
08-24-2013, 03:50 AM
I thought you said....

So much for your ability to think.

angelatc
08-24-2013, 03:55 AM

So you didn't say this?

So which is it - is he a credible source, or not?

And you don't want to catch the LAPD lying???

better-dead-than-fed
08-24-2013, 04:01 AM
So which is it - is he a credible source, or not?

I am not particularly doubting the accuracy of Maddaus's recitations of statements by Thigpen and LAPD. You are just confusing the issue.

fearthereaperx
08-24-2013, 04:01 AM
His credibility is in question only because his first-person eye-witness account doesn't fit into the conspiracy scenario you guys created out of thin air. But whatever.

So, do you know where I can find an actual answer to my question about whether it's possible to screen for DMT?

The first-person eye-witness account is proven incorrect by the lab results.

In regards to your DMT question, I don't know.

angelatc
08-24-2013, 04:08 AM
Here's another government lie that reinforces the lie about the cause of death in the coroner's report. Obviously they fabricated the results of this test almost a year before the Hastings crash, knowing that people like me would find it and use it for nefarious purposes:

http://www.iihs.org/news/rss/pr081412.html:

"The test is designed to replicate what happens when the front corner of a car collides with …. an object like a tree or utility pole ... Entrapment also was an issue with the Mercedes C-Class. The dummy's right foot ended up wedged beneath the brake pedal as the left front wheel was forced rearward during the crash. ... an airbag gray zone with gaps between what front airbags cover and what side airbags do ... Without airbag protection, people in real-world small overlap frontal crashes can sustain head injuries from direct contact with the A-pillar ... In several crash tests [included the MB], the dummy's head barely missed the intruding structure of the vehicle... ..excessive forward movement of the driver dummy caused by too much shoulder belt webbing spooling out of the retractor. This was the case with ...Mercedes ...However, too much spoolout can compromise belt effectiveness by allowing belted occupants to move enough to strike hard surfaces inside the vehicle. This concern is greater in small overlaps where occupants may load only a small part of the front airbag or miss it completely."

This fits the description of Hastings' injuries perfectly. Read the autopsy - his foot and leg were jammed upward so hard it caused internal injuries all the way to his skull.

Oh wait - I'll bet it's too perfect!!!! I'll bet they took this crash test car and transported it to the crash scene, then put Hastings in the car....

Am I doing it right?

better-dead-than-fed
08-24-2013, 04:09 AM
conspiracy scenario you guys created

The only one babbling about conspiracies is you:

The DOJ publishes at least ten thousand "conspiracy" theories per year:

http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/cfjs04.pdf

page 14 (page 22 of the PDF)

Shills are being paid to use the same word to discredit people for telling the truth.

conspiracy: An agreement by two or more people to commit an illegal act....

http://www.nolo.com/dictionary/conspiracy-term.html

You have to assume that the people misusing that word to discredit you are being paid to obscure the truth.

angelatc
08-24-2013, 04:10 AM
The first-person eye-witness account is proven incorrect by the lab results.

In regards to your DMT question, I don't know.

That's a logic fail on several levels...

angelatc
08-24-2013, 04:15 AM
The only one babbling about conspiracies is you:

Really? Everything the LAPD generates is a lie, except the toxicology report I guess, and his brother is a liar, and the reporters are liars, and the FBI are liars, and his wife is a liar....but that's not conspiracy talk, man! That's true!

And if I don't believe it, then I'm obviously on the payroll. Yeah, no conspiracy nut here.

better-dead-than-fed
08-24-2013, 04:17 AM
Everything the LAPD generates is a lie, except the toxicology report I guess, and his brother is a liar, and the reporters are liars, and the FBI are liars, and his wife is a liar....but that's not conspiracy talk, man!

The only one babbling about those things is you. When what I actually type does not suit your agenda, you just fantasize or fabricate. You are making a fool of yourself.

otherone
08-24-2013, 04:21 AM
And if I don't believe it, then I'm obviously on the payroll. Yeah, no conspiracy nut here.

Do you believe that there are people on the interwebz who are paid to either promote or refute conspiracy theories?

angelatc
08-24-2013, 04:23 AM
The only one babbling about those things is you. When what I actually type does not suit your agenda, you just fantasize and fabricate. You are making a fool of yourself.

No, I'm pretty sure I didn't spend 4 pages yammering about how the FBI was lying about my Dad and my sister, and somehow extending that to a conclusion that the LAPD was just feeding misinformation to a friendly reporter, and that anybody who didn't agree should be on their payroll, because TRUTH.

angelatc
08-24-2013, 04:23 AM
Do you believe that there are people on the interwebz who are paid to either promote or refute conspiracy theories?

Yes, I believe Alex Jones exists.

Let's see. I can play this too, now that I think about it. Hmmmmm - I came around in 2007, and saw how badly our association with the Truthers hurt our credibility. Now, before Rand gets ready to run a whole bunch of new people show up and start insisting that every single tragedy that happens is a government plot.

Seems to me like it will hurt us again. Who would want to do such a thing?

better-dead-than-fed
08-24-2013, 04:26 AM
No, I'm pretty sure I didn't spend 4 pages yammering about how the FBI was lying about my Dad and my sister, and somehow extending that to a conclusion that the LAPD was just feeding misinformation to a friendly reporter

The only one babbling about those things is you. When what I actually type does not suit your agenda, you just fantasize. You are just making a bigger fool of yourself. Whatever you do, don't quote me, because what I actually typed does not suit your deceitful agenda.

angelatc
08-24-2013, 04:31 AM
The only one babbling about those things is you. When what I actually type does not suit your agenda, you just fantasize. You are just making a bigger fool of yourself. Whatever you do, don't quote me, because what I actually typed does not suit your deceitful agenda.

Really? How did I know about your secret FBI files if you didn't mention them? Repeatedly, even.

You're the guy who demanded to know what basis the widow had to believe her husband wasn't murdered. Unless I'm mistaken, you don't know nearly as much about his life as she does.

better-dead-than-fed
08-24-2013, 04:34 AM
Now, before Rand gets ready to run a whole bunch of new people show up and start insisting that every single tragedy that happens is a government plot.

As if your clear misrepresentations of my statements have hurt anyone's credibility but your own.

angelatc
08-24-2013, 04:38 AM
As if your clear misrepresentations of my statements have hurt anyone's credibility but your own.

You keep using that word but I don't think you know what it means.

better-dead-than-fed
08-24-2013, 04:39 AM
Really? How did I know about your secret FBI files if you didn't mention them? Repeatedly, even.

You are just confusing the issue, again. There is a difference between my having mentioned my "secret" FBI files (not really that secret: https://sites.google.com/site/macguineas/_/rsrc/1372511535799/surveillance/FBIPageCount.png ), and your fabrication of specific statements which I never really said:

how the FBI was lying about my Dad and my sister, and somehow extending that to a conclusion that the LAPD was just feeding misinformation to a friendly reporter

Your deceitfulness does no good for Rand or anyone here; you are only making a fool of yourself.

angelatc
08-24-2013, 04:41 AM
You are just confusing the issue, again. There is a difference between my having mentioned my "secret" FBI files (not really that secret: https://sites.google.com/site/macguineas/_/rsrc/1372511535799/surveillance/FBIPageCount.png ), and your fabrication of specific statements which I never really said:

Your deceitfulness does no good for Rand or anyone here; you are only making a fool of yourself.

Oh wow. So after 10 pages of darkly implying that the government murdered Hastings, despite not having a single piece of evidence to support that theory, now you're going to get worried about what will hurt Rand.

What a piece of work you are.

better-dead-than-fed
08-24-2013, 04:48 AM
Oh wow. So after 10 pages of darkly implying that the government murdered Hastings,

Only in your malfunctioning mind; but really you are misrepresenting my statements, confusing me with other people, or both.

despite not having a single piece of evidence to support that theory, now you're going to get worried about what will hurt Rand.

What a piece of work you are.

You are not competent enough to distinguish between delusions and real truths that the establishment would rather cover up. You demonstrated your incompetence starkly and savagely here:

I suspect that they won't need a body to convict these guys of murder if they have the testimony of the three survivors.

I really don't want them to get the death penalty. Not only am I opposed to it, I just much prefer the thought of these guys spending the rest of their lives in a maximum security prison, where the other inmates can make them crawl around on leashes during the day.

I just saw the interview on CNN with the brothers. Looks like they were completely deceived like everyone else. The reporter pointed out the women themselves stated the brothers had nothing to do with it. I apparently jumped the gun, so I wanted to come out and retract it.

You show no more honesty or integrity than the most confused anti-establishment "conspiracy theorist". Does Rand practice deceitfulness and condone government misconduct? It looks like it is just you who is doing that, not Rand. Make a fool of yourself all you like, please; but please do not pretend you are speaking for Rand.

Peace Piper
08-24-2013, 04:50 AM
I came around in 2007, and saw how badly our association with the Truthers hurt our credibility. Now, before Rand gets ready to run a whole bunch of new people show up and start insisting that every single tragedy that happens is a government plot.

Isn't that a "conspiracy theory"?

IF you believe the Official Story™ don't you believe in another Conspiracy Theory? Sure you do. It's just "official".

The Official Story™ that goes like this...

Directed by a beardy-guy from a cave in Afghanistan, nineteen hard-drinking, coke-snorting, devout Muslims enjoy lap dances before their mission to meet Allah…

Using nothing more than craft knifes, they overpower cabin crew, passengers and pilots on four planes…And hangover or not, they manage to give the world’s most sophisticated air defense system the slip…

Unphased by leaving their “How to Fly a Passenger Jet” guide in the car at the airport, they master the controls in no-time and score direct hits on two towers, causing THREE to collapse completely…

Our masterminds even manage to overpower the odd law of physics or two… and the world watches in awe as steel-framed buildings fall symmetrically – through their own mass – at free-fall speed, for the first time in history.

Despite all their dastardly cunning, they stupidly give their identity away by using explosion-proof passports, which survive the fireball undamaged and fall to the ground… only to be discovered by the incredible crime-fighting sleuths at the FBI.

Meanwhile down in Washington…Hani Hanjour, having previously flunked 2-man Cessna flying school, gets carried away with all the success of the day and suddenly finds incredible abilities behind the controls of a Boeing…

Instead of flying straight down into the large roof area of the Pentagon, he decides to show off a little…Executing an incredible 270 degree downward spiral, he levels off to hit the low facade of the world’s most heavily defended building……all without a single shot being fired…. or ruining the nicely mowed lawn… and all at a speed just too fast to capture on video……

Later, in the skies above Pennsylvania…So desperate to talk to loved ones before their death, some passengers use sheer willpower to connect mobile calls that otherwise would not be possible until several years later…

And following a heroic attempt by some to retake control of Flight 93, it crashes into a Shankesville field leaving no trace of engines, fuselage or occupants… except for the standard issue Muslim terrorists bandana……

Further south in Florida…President Bush, our brave Commander-in-Chief continues to read “My Pet Goat” to a class full of primary school children… shrugging off the obvious possibility that his life could be in imminent danger…

In New York…Trade Center leaseholder Larry Silverstein blesses his own foresight in insuring the buildings against terrorist attack only six weeks previously…While back in Washington, ****

Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld and Paul Wolfowitz shake their heads in disbelief at their own luck in getting the ‘New Pearl Harbor’ catalyzing event they so desired to pursue their agenda of world domination…

And finally, not to be disturbed too much by reports of their own deaths, at least 11 of our 19 suicide hijackers turn up alive and kicking in lamestream media reports.

Now THAT is a Real CONspiracy theory. Just because you've convinced yourself to believe that absurd picture doesn't mean everyone else has to.

Do you intend to drive off dedicated RP supporters to win over a bunch of newbies that believe that rubbish? If that's your "strategy" you had better think twice about it.

Because when the truth comes out, AND IT WILL, those that questioned the official nonsense will be recognized as the leaders of the future. People that don't adapt their beliefs to help some politician.

19 Arabs with craft knives. Holy crap the old Generals of what was the USSR must feel quite inadequate, don't you think.

better-dead-than-fed
08-24-2013, 04:56 AM
You keep using that word but I don't think you know what it means.

better-dead-than-fed
08-24-2013, 01:27 PM
I came around in 2007, and saw how badly our association with the Truthers hurt our credibility.

Hurt whose credibility? What was the nature of the "association"? Do you have an interest in censoring "Truthers"? Rand has no such interest in censorship, as far as I know.

Hastings also believed he could jump off his balcony and not get hurt.

He never told you that, and you never saw him write it here or anywhere else:

https://twitter.com/mmhastings

You are just acting as the fifth link in a chain of hearsay: Hastings -> Hastings's brother -> LAPD -> LA Weekly -> angelatc.

You have resigned yourself to functioning as an obsequious mouthpiece for the LAPD, in a pitifully incompetent attempt to promote a political candidate.

You're the guy who demanded to know what basis the widow had to believe her husband wasn't murdered. Unless I'm mistaken, you don't know nearly as much about his life as she does.

Does the widow assume his Mercedes was not tampered with? You and the widow do not know nearly as much about that Mercedes as Hastings did.

pcosmar
08-24-2013, 02:35 PM
Here's another government lie that reinforces the lie about the cause of death in the coroner's report. Obviously they fabricated the results of this test almost a year before the Hastings crash, knowing that people like me would find it and use it for nefarious purposes:

http://www.iihs.org/news/rss/pr081412.html:

This fits the description of Hastings' injuries perfectly. Read the autopsy - his foot and leg were jammed upward so hard it caused internal injuries all the way to his skull.

NO it doesn't. But I also question the results and would have like an independent autopsy.

You neglect a key factor..
The left wheel , The left fender (that should have been crushed) the entire left suspension.. were all gone before that car got to the tree.
They did not crush back (as designed) they are not there.

I suspect the crash dummy description was used. But I also expect that other evidence was there on the lower extremities.

Like shrapnel and explosives residue.

BlackTerrel
08-24-2013, 03:19 PM
Angel you have the patience of a saint.

better-dead-than-fed
08-24-2013, 03:37 PM
Hastings also believed he could jump off his balcony and not get hurt.

Angel you have the patience of a saint.

BlackTerrel, did Hastings ever tell you he believed he could jump off his balcony and not get hurt? I am looking at records the government wrote about me, and they say:

One of the patient's friends... mentioned that... he thought the diagnosis of schizophrenia fits the presentation.

They really had talked to my friend, and he has known me all my life, so it must be true; or:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5ZYXb_HdIQhRU1ydFlXemptUDQ/edit?usp=sharing

If you and angelatc want to call my friend a "Truther" or "conspiracy theorist" and publish libel about him, I am not stopping you, but I would have serious doubts about your judgment there.

angelatc parrots LAPD reports because she lacks the mental competence to distinguish between fact and fiction. What she lacks in competence, she makes up for with deceitfulness and aggression: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?425041-Hastings-quot-urgently-asked-to-borrow-her-Volvo-He-said-he-was-afraid-to-drive-his-own-car-quot&p=5192431&viewfull=1#post5192431. If she believes she is helping Rand, she is as psycho as they come.