PDA

View Full Version : PPP 2016 GOP Primary Poll - Louisiana / Rand Paul 1st with 18%

tsai3904
08-21-2013, 11:32 AM
Louisiana (http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/2013/08/jindal-plummets-and-other-notes-from-louisiana.html)
August 16-19, 2013
274 Republican primary voters

Paul 18%
Bush 17%
Ryan 11%
Christie 10%
Jindal 10%
Cruz 8%
Rubio 8%
Santorum 5%
Martinez 0%

supermario21
08-21-2013, 11:34 AM
Lol, Santorum with 5. Those southerners love their theocracies.

PatriotOne
08-21-2013, 11:52 AM
Rubio lost 13 points. Was it worth it Rube? Huh? Was it?

cajuncocoa
08-21-2013, 12:20 PM
Ron won all of our delegates here in 2012, until Jesse Benton gave away over half of them right before the convention.

whoisjohngalt
08-21-2013, 12:32 PM

I believe that his preferred nickname is "Metoobio"

supermario21
08-21-2013, 12:52 PM
http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/2013/08/jindal-plummets-and-other-notes-from-louisiana.html

Here's general election polls.

Ryan leads Hillary 46-44
Rand leads 45-44
Bush/Clinton tie at 44
Hillary LEADS Christie 42-41

ObiRandKenobi
08-21-2013, 01:29 PM
lol at jindal

eleganz
08-21-2013, 01:39 PM
niiiiiice now put this ish on the primary map :)

jtstellar
08-21-2013, 01:43 PM
Ron won all of our delegates here in 2012, until Jesse Benton gave away over half of them right before the convention.

who knows maybe benton pulled a richard nixon

maybe he didn't initiate the bribe to iowa senator but one of his subordinates did, and as he said he had shared responsibility and maybe he was blackmailed that it would come out if he didn't do certain things. i doubt he would hide it for personal gain but he didn't want to doom ron's campaign.

had the bribery issue been brought up in 2012 it certainly would have been the end of it. i say nixon because i think watergate was initially done by one of nixon's subordinates as well outside of his knowledge, but then nixon tried to help cover their tracks. not completely sure. i don't have objective evidence to doubt benton's character and actually his personality type is pretty rare in politics so i don't really have any reference to compare to, but the fact he didn't manage to solve the bribery issue when it was brought up by fusaro suggests to me he may have found out later that the problem was bigger than imagined

RonZeplin
08-21-2013, 01:59 PM
29% of them think that Obama was somehow involved in Katrina response?

They've got some dumb registered Republicans in LA!

Keith and stuff
08-21-2013, 02:05 PM
He might be hoping to the VP pick on a Christie ticket.

BenIsForRon
08-21-2013, 02:32 PM
Bush at 17? What the fuck is wrong with people?

eduardo89
08-21-2013, 02:40 PM
Very small sample size, but this definitely looks promising. Especially considering Cruz has 8% of which the vast majority would probably switch to Rand.

Keith and stuff
08-21-2013, 02:44 PM
He was above average for a governor, don't you think? For 1 thing, people likely recognize his last name and people tend to vote for people they have heard of over people they haven't ;)

anaconda
08-21-2013, 04:23 PM

Maybe he didn't have a choice. Rove money probably has it's cost.

anaconda
08-21-2013, 04:25 PM

I am glad it's Jeb with this fat chunk of approval, because I think he will be easy to attack politically. Also has mutual dilution himself with Christie, generally speaking.

Elsewhere: I gotta think that anyone who picks Ryan is simply out of the loop, not updated, and going only off of name recognition from 2012. That segment will all be switching elsewhere in short order. Ryan was mostly known for his "austere" budget yet Rand's crushes it.

FSP-Rebel
08-21-2013, 07:57 PM
Nice, finally snagged one in the deepest part of Dixie.

Bastiat's The Law
08-21-2013, 08:05 PM
I am glad it's Jeb with this fat chunk of approval, because I think he will be easy to attack politically. Also has mutual dilution himself with Christie, generally speaking.

Elsewhere: I gotta think that anyone who picks Ryan is simply out of the loop, not updated, and going only off of name recognition from 2012. That segment will all be switching elsewhere in short order. Ryan was mostly known for his "austere" budget yet Rand's crushes it.

Yeah, Ryan people are generally out-to-lunch. I think his supporters will split into 1/3 or 1/4 segments between the other candidates. Rand could get a decent portion of them (25-33%).

Bastiat's The Law
08-21-2013, 08:05 PM
niiiiiice now put this ish on the primary map :)
Done son. :)

ObiRandKenobi
08-21-2013, 08:24 PM

the more of these rinos the better. let them eat into each others votes. no fat joke intended.

Brett85
08-21-2013, 10:05 PM
It's really sad that most of the Republican candidates are actually tied with Hillary in the general election poll. How is that even possible? I thought that Louisiana was one of the most conservative states in the country?

supermario21
08-21-2013, 10:11 PM
It's really sad that most of the Republican candidates are actually tied with Hillary in the general election poll. How is that even possible? I thought that Louisiana was one of the most conservative states in the country?

Didn't Bill win LA twice? I know times have changed significantly over the last 15-20 years, but still....This is PPP who troll polls until election season. Also, most people really are not likely aware of Hillary's stench, they just think Clinton!

cajuncocoa
08-21-2013, 10:45 PM
Hillary will not win Louisiana. I'd bet my house on that.

cajuncocoa
08-21-2013, 10:51 PM
//

cajuncocoa
08-21-2013, 10:54 PM
Didn't Bill win LA twice? I know times have changed significantly over the last 15-20 years, but still....This is PPP who troll polls until election season. Also, most people really are not likely aware of Hillary's stench, they just think Clinton!
Yes he did, but times HAVE changed...and even 20 years ago only a Southern Dem could win LA, and that's what Bill is. Hillary is not!

fr33
08-21-2013, 10:59 PM

Dude. Hillary has a very good chance at winning. That's just my perspective from viewing what is happening.

cajuncocoa
08-21-2013, 11:01 PM
Dude. Hillary has a very good chance at winning. That's just my perspective from viewing what is happening.
Overall, yes...but not LA.

AlexAmore
08-21-2013, 11:23 PM
I guess Katrina survivors aren't overly offended by Rand's opinion on the proper response for a hurricane (e.g. Sandy). I'm not saying they should be offended.

ronpaulfollower999
08-22-2013, 03:59 AM
I still don't think Hillary runs. She'll be 70 in 2016.

rich34
08-22-2013, 11:24 AM
Any chance of getting a duck dynasty endorsement? And no I'm not joking..

RabbitMan
08-22-2013, 11:55 AM
If Hillary doesn't run it will be for her own personal reasons. Otherwise she is virtually a shoe in for the nomination. She is tough snd smart on foreign policy(interventionally speaking), is associated with good old' Bill who many in the country remember fondly, and otherwise is seen as a fighter for women's rights and governing through intelligence. She has experience, and if tough times come during this administration, that would play strongly in her favor during a matchup with even a Governor.

I still would be enthused to have her be our opponent, if only to know we are up against the best that the Democratic Party has to offer! :)

Xenliad
08-22-2013, 11:58 AM

I'm 21 and think running would be exhausting. But I bet she's pretty power hungry.

cajuncocoa
08-22-2013, 12:20 PM
I guess Katrina survivors aren't overly offended by Rand's opinion on the proper response for a hurricane (e.g. Sandy). I'm not saying they should be offended.

I'm a Katrina survivor, and I'm not offended by Rand's opinion. I agree with it. We got ZERO government assistance and my family got back on our feet much quicker than those who had to wait for the Road Home Program (http://www.road2la.org/).

cajuncocoa
08-22-2013, 12:24 PM

I'd be shocked if she doesn't run. It's all she's ever wanted to do. If her target voting audience was any other group of people, they would be ashamed to defend her after Benghazi, but that's progressives for ya.

rich34
08-22-2013, 02:56 PM
Any chance of getting a duck dynasty endorsement? And no I'm not joking..

Torch, if you're reading this any chance? I could see uncle Si being a Rand guy, but the others I can't tell if they'd be to hawkish on FP or not..

I could see some thinking this as a joke, but I just read today that damn show is on its way to being the highest rated tv show in history, that's a big deal imo. I know endorsements sometimes don't mean squat, but this one would generate a lot of buzz on the net and workplace. I really think team Rand should reach out to those guys similar to how Huckabee did Chuck Norris. And speaking of Chuck I'd bet thats another one that would join Team Rand. Well so long as wolf in sheeps clothing Cruz don't do so first....

fr33
08-22-2013, 03:00 PM
Torch, if you're reading this any chance? I could see uncle Si being a Rand guy, but the others I can't tell if they'd be to hawkish on FP or not..

I could see some thinking this as a joke, but I just read today that damn show is on its way to being the highest rated tv show in history, that's a big deal imo. I know endorsements sometimes don't mean squat, but this one would generate a lot of buzz on the net and workplace. I really think team Rand should reach out to those guys similar to how Huckabee did Chuck Norris. And speaking of Chuck I'd bet thats another one that would join Team Rand. Well so long as wolf in sheeps clothing Cruz don't do so first....
I think you are right. People around here are crazy about that show.

jtstellar
08-22-2013, 03:29 PM
I'm a Katrina survivor, and I'm not offended by Rand's opinion. I agree with it. We got ZERO government assistance and my family got back on our feet much quicker than those who had to wait for the Road Home Program (http://www.road2la.org/).

+1.. cheers for walking the walk

not a lot of that nowadays.. not even my uncles. they vote republican yet some sales people they hire are looking into tax payer funded military contracts.. although it was for safety equipment/utility not weapons. i basically just warned them: political landscapes are changing quick, hinting people like rand paul could get elected, and in that case a lot of government funds will be cut off in an instant.. so even from a practical standpoint, better stay away from those expectations or else get burned.. was the least i could do for my conscience

CaptLouAlbano
08-22-2013, 03:59 PM
I'd be shocked if she doesn't run. It's all she's ever wanted to do. If her target voting audience was any other group of people, they would be ashamed to defend her after Benghazi, but that's progressives for ya.

I'd be shocked too if she doesn't run. That being said she looks like shit for 65. Tons of wrinkles which are the result of stress, lack of sleep, hard living, etc. And considering she has the money to afford treatments, quality products, etc - she is in pretty bad shape. Most of the women I know her age easily look 10 to 15 years younger than she does and are in much better shape. Hell, most of the women I know that are 75 look better than she does. The campaign trail is very, very difficult. She might not have the physical ability to push through it all, and when you suffer physically you can suffer mentally and fuck up -- just look at Rick Perry last year.

jtstellar
08-22-2013, 04:03 PM
I'd be shocked too if she doesn't run. That being said she looks like shit for 65. Tons of wrinkles which are the result of stress, lack of sleep, hard living, etc. And considering she has the money to afford treatments, quality products, etc - she is in pretty bad shape. Most of the women I know her age easily look 10 to 15 years younger than she does and are in much better shape. Hell, most of the women I know that are 75 look better than she does. The campaign trail is very, very difficult. She might not have the physical ability to push through it all, and when you suffer physically you can suffer mentally and fuck up -- just look at Rick Perry last year.

he had some form of illness?

CaptLouAlbano
08-22-2013, 04:05 PM
he had some form of illness?

I think it was ongoing back problems.

specsaregood
08-22-2013, 04:52 PM
I think it was ongoing back problems.

Is that a nice way of saying he was high on and possibility addicted to oxycontins?

CaptLouAlbano
08-22-2013, 05:00 PM
Is that a nice way of saying he was high on and possibility addicted to oxycontins?

I looked it up after I posted that comment. He had back surgery earlier in the year. I have known some people that have had back surgery and it is a long recovery. No doubt he would have been on pain meds, particularly with his schedule.

The point being though, with Hilary not looking in the best physical shape at all for her age. Like I said, she looks like shit for 65. I don't think she can hack it, unless she spends the next 3 years detoxing, eating clean and getting in prime physical condition.

helenpaul
08-22-2013, 08:38 PM
sweet. i didnt know the 8% supporting rubio were brain dead.

CaptLouAlbano
08-22-2013, 09:01 PM
sweet. i didnt know the 8% supporting rubio were brain dead.

Residual support, most people are not even paying attention.