PDA

View Full Version : Lest we lose again, Rand Paul better ramp up his organization quickly

New York For Paul
08-20-2013, 10:17 AM
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/356215/christie-establishment-darling-robert-costa

Rand is already getting behind on many metrics for the 2016 campaign.

Bern
08-20-2013, 10:53 AM
So Rand is behind as far as selling his soul to the GOP power brokers? Oh noes.

08-20-2013, 11:19 AM
Not worried. A guy his weight will never survive the stress of a national campaign, americans in this day and age will never elect a fat president and he's too damaged from his associations with obama to win a GOP primary in the current climate.

brandon
08-20-2013, 11:21 AM
Not worried. A guy his weight will never survive the stress of a national campaign, americans in this day and age will never elect a fat president and he's too damaged from his associations with obama to win a GOP primary in the current climate.

True. Can he even fly commercial airlines or is he too fat for the seats? I cannot see this guy having the endurance for the campaign trail.

Demigod
08-20-2013, 11:39 AM

The jokes about fat 'Muricans would go on non stop.

LibertyEagle
08-20-2013, 12:08 PM
Didn't Christie recently get his stomach stapled? He should look like a very different man by the time the election rolls around.

rp08orbust
08-20-2013, 12:17 PM
Didn't Christie recently get his stomach stapled? He should look like a very different man by the time the election rolls around.

I hadn't heard that. Are you confusing him with Mike Huckabee, who was rumored to have had such an operation?

compromise
08-20-2013, 12:18 PM
True. Can he even fly commercial airlines or is he too fat for the seats? I cannot see this guy having the endurance for the campaign trail.

He probably buys the whole row if he's flying commercial.

Meritocrat
08-20-2013, 01:06 PM
It's unbelievable how few pundits can see this. Christie fails the camera test. But even rapid weight loss and a face lift will not give him the presidency without the help of Ron Paul Republicans. Romney found this out. It's an on year for the Republicans and the party is changing, but pundits are still holding to the false middle ground paradigm.

Anti-Neocon
08-20-2013, 01:18 PM
Christie Creme has already blown his chances of getting the GOP nomination with his support of gun control. The only way he threatens us is if Rand wins the nomination and he decides to run 3rd party. I really don't think that's out of the question given the people who are behind him.

trey4sports
08-20-2013, 01:19 PM
I hadn't heard that. Are you confusing him with Mike Huckabee, who was rumored to have had such an operation?

Christie had the surgery I believe. Huck did as well but he has put back on several of the pounds originally lost.

ObiRandKenobi
08-20-2013, 01:20 PM
if chris christie wins and rand paul has to give a speech praising him at the GOP convention i quit!!!!!

compromise
08-20-2013, 01:27 PM
if chris christie wins and rand paul has to give a speech praising him at the GOP convention i quit!!!!!

Rand will probably just bash the Dem and promote himself without praising Christie.

Barrex
08-20-2013, 01:27 PM
The jokes about fat 'Muricans would go on non stop.

Crap... My continent didnt get that memo. We already started it.....

New York For Paul
08-20-2013, 10:34 PM
http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/liberty-our-times/2013/aug/18/something-very-wrong-republican-natoonal-committee/

Reports from activists who were at the RNC meeting clearly state that the leadership of the Party has little interest in either reform or leadership. Their priority is not the unifying or growth of the party. Instead the RNC establishment seeks further rules changes and restrictions on participation by grassroots members in order to maintain establishment control over the primary process and the management of the party.

Their top down control and neglect of grassroots voices has lead to disastrous results in recent elections. They want to keep it a party of, by and for insiders and consultants and treat most of the membership of the party as outsiders with no voice at all.

Feeding the Abscess
08-20-2013, 10:37 PM

Huckabee put the weight back on anyway.

Bern
08-21-2013, 06:22 AM
http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/liberty-our-times/2013/aug/18/something-very-wrong-republican-natoonal-committee/

Reports from activists who were at the RNC meeting clearly state that the leadership of the Party has little interest in either reform or leadership. Their priority is not the unifying or growth of the party. Instead the RNC establishment seeks further rules changes and restrictions on participation by grassroots members in order to maintain establishment control over the primary process and the management of the party.

Their top down control and neglect of grassroots voices has lead to disastrous results in recent elections. They want to keep it a party of, by and for insiders and consultants and treat most of the membership of the party as outsiders with no voice at all.

Thanks for posting that. The GOP machine needs to be dismantled from within (starting at the local levels). Get involved. Take charge.

GunnyFreedom
08-21-2013, 06:43 AM
He really, really, really needs to get into North Carolina NOW. We are an early state in 2016. There is massive potential here but we need to strike while the iron is hot so we don't lose the moment. I've been bugging him to death about leading an effort here, but I' getting nothing back. I hope he doesn't do like Ron Paul did and select an unknown who doesn't really know what they are doing to lead the State campaign... I'm not trying to be proud, but logically I'm the guy to coordinate North Carolina. Not only do I know the demographics, and I know how to win, but I've been all over the State and have a lot of favor from the Party faithful. Rand, if you are reading this, please let me stress to you again, NC is in February in 2016 instead of May like normal. We are the biggest swing state amongst the early States. It is critical that something moves here NOW, and you aren't gong to find a better person to coordinate that than me. That's not pride speaking it's logic. Do please take a cold assessment and listen to what I'm telling you.

jjdoyle
08-21-2013, 07:04 AM

He did have surgery to try and fix the weight issue just earlier this year:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2332871/Chris-Christie-says-weight-loss-surgery-like-vegetables.html

...even though he is saying it was for family reasons, not political. Either way, hopefully he can lose some weight and get healthier, even if he does/doesn't run.

He really, really, really needs to get into North Carolina NOW. We are an early state in 2016. There is massive potential here but we need to strike while the iron is hot so we don't lose the moment. I've been bugging him to death about leading an effort here, but I' getting nothing back. I hope he doesn't do like Ron Paul did and select an unknown who doesn't really know what they are doing to lead the State campaign... I'm not trying to be proud, but logically I'm the guy to coordinate North Carolina. Not only do I know the demographics, and I know how to win, but I've been all over the State and have a lot of favor from the Party faithful. Rand, if you are reading this, please let me stress to you again, NC is in February in 2016 instead of May like normal. We are the biggest swing state amongst the early States. It is critical that something moves here NOW, and you aren't gong to find a better person to coordinate that than me. That's not pride speaking it's logic. Do please take a cold assessment and listen to what I'm telling you.

I mentioned your name in another post a few weeks back. The only thing I can think of for his reasoning for not contacting you back now, is that he hasn't made it official that he is running.

GunnyFreedom
08-21-2013, 07:23 AM
He did have surgery to try and fix the weight issue just earlier this year:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2332871/Chris-Christie-says-weight-loss-surgery-like-vegetables.html

...even though he is saying it was for family reasons, not political. Either way, hopefully he can lose some weight and get healthier, even if he does/doesn't run.

I mentioned your name in another post a few weeks back. The only thing I can think of for his reasoning for not contacting you back now, is that he hasn't made it official that he is running.

Well, if something in the political world doesn't shake loose soon, I'm going to end up with a non-political commitment that will be hard to break. I'm not losing my house just because of the reticence of the 5-6 liberty friendly politicos to move on the brilliant opportunity that is me. :D

Jeremy
08-21-2013, 07:40 AM
I don't think it's good to be leading early. Then he'd just be the center of attack.

Working Poor
08-21-2013, 07:47 AM
I am sure Rand knows better than all of us what he is up against. The Bush/Cheney cartel owns the republican party. I believe they will stop at nothing to maintain that control.
I also agree with Glenn Rand needs to get is butt to NC and hire Glenn and get the ball rolling if he intends to run and win.

Schifference
08-21-2013, 07:52 AM
If Ron or Rand Paul were obese would people think less of them?

Mr.NoSmile
08-21-2013, 08:02 AM

I think they'd get the same flack from the general public as Christie does. I mean, hey, people pointed out how old Ron Paul was when he ran in 2012 and some still do it for Hillary Clinton right now

GunnyFreedom
08-21-2013, 08:17 AM

We wouldn't, but yes, people would. People are pretty dumb and superficial.

Mr.NoSmile
08-21-2013, 08:27 AM
We wouldn't, but yes, people would. People are pretty dumb and superficial.

So they'd be doing exactly what people here are doing with Christie right now?

GunnyFreedom
08-21-2013, 08:38 AM
So they'd be doing exactly what people here are doing with Christie right now?

Pretty sure the people around here hate Christie for his commie-lite policies. If they are talking about his weight it's just them trying to twist the knife a little.

Mr.NoSmile
08-21-2013, 08:59 AM
Pretty sure the people around here hate Christie for his commie-lite policies. If they are talking about his weight it's just them trying to twist the knife a little.

Mate, the first few comments in this very thread are about his weight, let alone his policies.

GunnyFreedom
08-21-2013, 09:10 AM
Mate, the first few comments in this very thread are about his weight, let alone his policies.

Friend, I've hung around these people constantly since 2007 and I know what motivates them.

Occam's Banana
08-21-2013, 09:54 AM
Friend, I've hung around these people constantly since 2007 and I know what motivates them.

Also, I'm certain that if Rand were as obese as Christie, we'd be hearing no end of it around here - from Rand supporters as much as (or even more than) anyone. "OMG! Rand's too fat! He'd better lose a lot of weight, or people won't vote for him! Or he won't be able to handle the stress! Or ..."

Hell, Rand's hair has been the object of criticism (and even ridicule) from some of our folks ...

Keith and stuff
08-21-2013, 02:41 PM
Christie Creme has already blown his chances of getting the GOP nomination with his support of gun control.
Judging by the last few nominees, if you don't support gun control and tax increases, you cannot win the GOP nomination. Romney pushed both in MA. McCain supports new gun laws. Bush was governor of TX for how long and it still doesn't allow open carry of hand guns (1 of just a half dozen or so states). Without Bob Dole, the Brady Bill might have never passed. http://gunowners.org/fs9510.htm

The days of Goldwater are over. Rand might be able to win but his dislike of gun control will hurt him win the GOP nomination :(

BlackTerrel
08-21-2013, 02:48 PM
I don't think it's good to be leading early. Then he'd just be the center of attack.

I agree with this. 2016 is so far off and a lot will change between now and then,

BlackTerrel
08-21-2013, 02:49 PM
Are fat people also less likely to vote for someone if they are fat?

Christie is fat - but so are about half of Americans.

Schifference
08-21-2013, 05:08 PM
Amazing. I state a fact that Carol Paul is fat and get (-) reps. Is she skinny?

Schifference
08-21-2013, 05:22 PM
I owned a business for many years and I can affirmly tell you that gay people want to give business & support to other gay people and women want to give business & support other women. It would not surprise me that fat people would not want to give business and support other fat people.

Lucille
08-21-2013, 05:25 PM
Christie Creme has already blown his chances of getting the GOP nomination with his support of gun control. The only way he threatens us is if Rand wins the nomination and he decides to run 3rd party. I really don't think that's out of the question given the people who are behind him.

Nah. Gun control (and ObamneyCare) didn't hurt Romney. The establishment neo-Trots get what they want, every freakin time.

Rand should run third party if (when?) he loses the nom.

I<3Liberty
08-21-2013, 09:49 PM
Hell, Rand's hair has been the object of criticism (and even ridicule) from some of our folks ...

One time, I said he needs to get style advice and a haircut from a professional instead of cutting it himself. I have nothing against his hair, but it needs to look more presentable. This (http://media.reason.com/mc/mwelch/2010_03/RandPaul.jpg) hairdo screams "I just rolled out of bed and lost my comb."

jmdrake
08-21-2013, 10:03 PM

Governor Christie will soon announce a ban on parents pushing their kids to enter weight loss programs.