PDA

View Full Version : Santorum: I don’t like Christie’s rhetoric invoking 9/11, he sounds like a Democrat

jct74
08-19-2013, 03:38 PM
Santorum: Christie’s National Security Rhetoric ‘Little Harsh, Sounds Like a Democratic Excuse for the Policy’

By Katrina Trinko
August 19, 2013 3:53 PM

Rick Santorum agrees more with Chris Christie on national security policy than he does with Rand Paul, but he’s no fan of Christie’s rhetoric on the matter in his recent back and forth with Paul.

“I don’t like Chris’s rhetoric particularly,” Santorum tells National Review Online in an interview. “Christie’s rhetoric is a little harsh, sounds like a Democratic excuse for the policy … using the 9/11 thing was a little over the top in my opinion.”

In July, Christie dismissed libertarians having “These esoteric, intellectual debates,” and added, “I want them to come to New Jersey and sit across from the widows and the orphans and have that conversation.”

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/356192/santorum-christies-national-security-rhetoric-little-harsh-sounds-democratic-excuse

cajuncocoa
08-19-2013, 03:49 PM
I'm still waiting for Christie to switch parties.

supermario21
08-19-2013, 03:50 PM
You know how anti-liberty someone is when slick Rick Santorum calls you out for sounding too much like a statist Democrat.

RickyJ
08-19-2013, 04:06 PM
You know how anti-liberty someone is when slick Rick Santorum calls you out for sounding too much like a statist Democrat.

Either that or Santorum is looking for an appointment in a Rand Paul administration.

compromise
08-19-2013, 04:10 PM
Santorum attacked Rand for the drone filibuster. He's using this as an opportunity to attack Christie in preparation for 2016.

Legend1104
08-19-2013, 04:10 PM
Wow. Santorum calling the sky blue. Well at least he was being honest.

Sola_Fide
08-19-2013, 04:11 PM
Rick "hey guys I'm kind of liberty too" Santorum

JCDenton0451
08-19-2013, 04:17 PM
Santorum attacked Rand for the drone filibuster. He's using this as an opportunity to attack Christie in preparation for 2016.

Should Santorum actually run, he will easily win the Evangelical vote. All of Rand's pandering will be for nothing.

Brett85
08-19-2013, 04:20 PM
Should Santorum actually run, he will easily win the Evangelical vote. All of Rand's pandering will be for nothing.

No, he won't. He was at 1% in the national polls until about a week before the Iowa caucus. A lot of people voted for him simply because they thought he was better than the other candidates. There will be a better group of candidates running in 2016.

jtstellar
08-19-2013, 04:22 PM

and i guess they never poll evangelicals, for all the 1~5% showings santorum has been getting as of late

No, he won't. He was at 1% in the national polls until about a week before the Iowa caucus. A lot of people voted for him simply because they thought he was better than the other candidates. There will be a better group of candidates running in 2016.

he's one of those bs prophets that just go 'ah well, i'll go pop a joint with gary johnson, see ya all rpf' when shit doesn't happen according to his 'prophecy'

as i have said many times.. idiots who can't wager their bets beside their internet anonymity isn't worth listening to

MichaelDavis
08-19-2013, 04:26 PM
Santorum needs to go away now. People did not vote for him in 2012 because he was so good. They voted for him because every other candidate was so bad. He had one chance and he blew it.

anaconda
08-19-2013, 04:41 PM

Yep. Santorum is trying to be the "anti-Christie." No pun intended.

krugminator
08-19-2013, 05:01 PM

The Evangelical vote is the only chance Rand has to win. He had better pander. He sure isn't winning with just a liberty coalition.

Santorum did well in a monumentally weak field last election.

Cap
08-19-2013, 05:10 PM
Ah Santorum, just the mention gives me a warm feeling running down the back of my leg.

T.hill
08-19-2013, 07:51 PM
Sounds like a Democrat? What is going on

RDM
08-19-2013, 08:32 PM
Santorum needs to go away now. People did not vote for him in 2012 because he was so good. They voted for him because every other candidate was so bad. He had one chance and he blew it.
OH REALLY? Was Ron Paul a part of that group?

Christian Liberty
08-19-2013, 08:39 PM
OH REALLY? Was Ron Paul a part of that group?

Ron Paul wasn't what they wanted. I'm not sure whether Rand is either, but probably a little closer.

I'm not justifying their thought process here, but most of the Evangelicals did indeed think Ron Paul was an awful candidate as well. Says more about them than it does about Ron, but there ya go.

They want a Mike Huckabee or a Ted Cruz, which again, says more about how politically stupid they are than anything else.