PDA

View Full Version : What about the superbowl?

NoMoreNicksLeft
11-28-2007, 12:13 AM
I'm sure this has been asked before, so forgive me my laziness.

But, surely funds would be donated for January too, at the rate things are going. It'd still be in time for super tuesday. So, what are all the implications?

Obviously, if the NFL didn't get their cut, they'd not be happy. (And their cut is probably unaffordable.) But what happens if the blimp just shows up. Do they digitally remove the advertisement from it, or even the entire blimp, when it's on camera? Is the airspace restricted, with all the 9-11 crap the last few years?

Would it even be worth it, or would it be some stunt that'd make the campaign a laughing stock? Does it miss any primaries but Iowa and NH? Even if all the hoops are jumped through, how many will see it, will the comentators ignore it and point the camera away? How many would see it at the stadium?

wisconsinite
11-28-2007, 12:44 AM
Someone said that it would not be allowed within 10 miles of the stadium during the game and for 2 hours prior to the start. However, just being in the general vicinity on that day might have a huge payoff. The downside is you'd have to fly it over a lot of empty pasture to get the blimp out west.

BeFranklin
11-28-2007, 01:42 AM
Someone said that it would not be allowed within 10 miles of the stadium during the game and for 2 hours prior to the start. However, just being in the general vicinity on that day might have a huge payoff. The downside is you'd have to fly it over a lot of empty pasture to get the blimp out west.

The superbowl is right before super tuesday. Having the blimp fly all the way out there after the December events, and then having problems flying over the stadium, is a huge dividend and major spoiler. Blimps flying over football games is very American. Its an ideal situation, we win either way: Either we fly over the superbowl (win) or we make news not flying over it (win). In the later case, it emphasis the madness of the war on terror, and why we have to elect Ron Paul to get rid of it.

Cap'n Crunk
11-28-2007, 06:31 AM
fly it over anyways and have them shoot it down. that'll get the media's attention.

CelestialRender
11-28-2007, 07:39 AM
fly it over anyways and have them shoot it down. that'll get the media's attention.

I like your thinking, but I somehow think the pilot would feel differently. :p

StephanieRelfe
11-28-2007, 02:17 PM
FORGET THE SUPERBOWL if it's indoors - which it sure look like it is from this picture.

http://www.gotickets.com/sports/nfl/super_bowl.php

Dr Rockso
11-28-2007, 02:43 PM
The roof on the AZ stadium is retractable. But yes, a temporary flight restriction will definitely be in place for the game (actually I think that all major sports games have an accompanying TFR since 9/11).