PDA

View Full Version : The Violent Radicalization and Homegrown Terrorism Prevention Act of 2007 (H.R. 1955)

RevolutionSD
11-28-2007, 12:04 AM
This horrendous bill just passed through the House with only 6 Nay's. Ron Paul wasn't one of them because he didn't vote on it. Anyone know why he didn't vote? It's disappointing since this is such a destructive piece of legislation.

Give me liberty
11-28-2007, 12:29 AM
he didnt vote on that bill because he was campaigning, but i can sure you if he was there
he would have voted no.

Btw since you were following that bill do you know when will that bill come to the senate?

Malakai0
11-28-2007, 03:45 AM
Originally the date set on the house tracker said the senate would hear it on nov 6th. There has been zero update nor news about it since that I am aware of.

Hopefully the info is out there and I just missed it!

american.swan
11-28-2007, 07:48 AM
This bill was voted on a while back. Like early november. We have been watching it. As far as I know it's still sitting in a senate committee waiting for the committee chair to put in on the schedule, which he doesn't have to do. He can just let it be forgotten and the senate never touch it.

I wrote my senator with some message about I don't exactly remember but I think it went something like "can I sue you if you vote against my civil liberties?" He wrote back that terrorist needs to be fought without harming civil liberties and he also said that the bill in question was not in any of his committees.(good secretary :) )

We should make an action alert for the correct district residence and make sure the chair and co-chairs of the correct senate committee let that bill die a slow and painless death by ignoring it.