PDA

View Full Version : Obama lies......Dems redy to throw him under the bus

dustup
08-17-2013, 01:12 PM
:eek:Obama faces Dem backlash over latest NSA revelations

http://global.fncstatic.com/static/managed/img/fn2/video/081613_sr_goler_640.jpg

The Obama administration faced a backlash from congressional Democrats on Friday following revelations that the National Security Agency broke privacy rules and overstepped its authority thousands of times since 2008.

The details were reported late Thursday in The Washington Post, based on an audit and other secret documents provided by NSA leaker Edward Snowden. The report challenged claims by President Obama just last week that the NSA was not abusing its authority, and complicated his effort to reassure Americans and Congress that -- with a little more oversight and transparency -- the surveillance programs are nothing to be worried about.

House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi called the latest reports "extremely disturbing."

Rep. Mike Thompson, D-Calif., a member of the House Intelligence Committee, said: "Reports that the NSA repeatedly overstepped its legal boundaries, broke privacy regulations and attempted to shield required disclosure of violations are outrageous, inappropriate and must be addressed."

Senior lawmakers said they had been unaware of the audit until they read the news on Friday.

Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Patrick Leahy, D-Vt., said he planned to hold another hearing in the wake of the report.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/08/16/obama-faces-dem-backlash-over-latest-nsa-revelations/#ixzz2cFs1VKpC

enhanced_deficit
08-17-2013, 03:24 PM
Ok but these Dems need more cowbell.

Cleaner44
08-17-2013, 03:28 PM
Good. I respect anyone willing to be honest about their own party corruption. Now there is nothing that Pelosi could say that would ever really gain my respect so I guess I don't know what the hell I am talking about... but I certainly would welcome her exposing the problem.

Warrior_of_Freedom
08-17-2013, 04:14 PM
Good. I respect anyone willing to be honest about their own party corruption. Now there is nothing that Pelosi could say that would ever really gain my respect so I guess I don't know what the hell I am talking about... but I certainly would welcome her exposing the problem.

if Pelosi was president she would turn America into a timeshare

08-17-2013, 04:37 PM
:rolleyes:, they would vote for him again if they could.

FrankRep
08-17-2013, 04:38 PM
Hillary Clinton to the rescue!

Yeah, just watch.

Dr.3D
08-17-2013, 04:43 PM
Senior lawmakers said they had been unaware of the audit until they read the news on Friday.
Sounds like there needs to be term limits if there is such a thing as a "senior" lawmaker. Oh how i wish they were not called lawmakers. We have too many laws already. We don't need lawmakers anymore. We need law removers.

Brian4Liberty
08-17-2013, 05:28 PM
Hillary Clinton to the rescue!

Yeah, just watch.

Of course. The Dems can't be too hard on Obama, as they want to keep playing the race card, and add the gender card too.