PDA

View Full Version : Gun show refuses RP a booth - call and email them!

Matt Collins
11-27-2007, 11:41 PM
Bob Pope who runs regional gun shows in Tennessee (I've heard that 70% of registered gun owners live in Tennessee) has REFUSED to allow Ron Paul supporters at his gun show!

According to the person who tried to book a table:
"Mr. Pope's position is that Ron Paul will lose the Republican nomination and run as a third party candidate, splitting the conservative vote and putting Hillary in the White House. He claimed Dr. Paul is not a team player"

Politely let Mr. Bob Pope know that he is wrong and WHY he is wrong:

(615) 218-5503
bobpopegunshows@bellsouth.net
http://www.bobpopegunshows.com/contact.htm

Korey Kaczynski
11-27-2007, 11:42 PM
Mr. Bob is ignoring conservatives who like Ron Paul. I don't think he's a team player.

American
11-27-2007, 11:43 PM
Can you rally outside?

I say gather all the meetups in the area and show up and hand out info, this could be better then a booth.

logolepsy
11-27-2007, 11:44 PM
"Mr. Pope's position is that Ron Paul will lose the Republican nomination and run as a third party candidate, splitting the conservative vote and putting Hillary in the White House. He claimed Dr. Paul is not a team player"

I fear that this is the mentality that a lot of folks sitting on the RP fence have (even though he has clearly stated he will not run as an independent). :confused:

bbachtung
11-27-2007, 11:46 PM
Isn't he the guy who got bought off by Fred to give an "exclusive" to Freddie at his gun shows?

It is especially telling that on his website's links section he links to the NRA but not the GOA.

tmg19103
11-27-2007, 11:56 PM
Bob Pope who runs regional gun shows in Tennessee (I've heard that 70% of registered gun owners live in Tennessee) has REFUSED to allow Ron Paul supporters at his gun show!

(615) 218-5503

The guy is entitled to do with his private business/property which he wishes. Not sure he is worth bothering with.

As for registered gun owners, you will find them in states like New Jersey and California. Most states just allow you to go in and by a firearm after a quick background check by phone. Nothing to register - it is a right. The Federal government is required to destroy firearm background check info after a short period of time, so in theory the fact that you purchased a firearm is your own business.

Matt Collins
11-27-2007, 11:57 PM
Isn't he the guy who got bought off by Fred to give an "exclusive" to Freddie at his gun shows?

It is especially telling that on his website's links section he links to the NRA but not the GOA.

I dunno call the guy now and ask him!

dsentell
11-27-2007, 11:57 PM
Can you rally outside?

I say gather all the meetups in the area and show up and hand out info, this could be better then a booth.

This is a brilliant idea! Forget about getting inside. There are probably public sidewalks outside. Stir up the RP excitement outside!!!! :D

Matt Collins
11-27-2007, 11:58 PM
The guy is entitled to do with his private business/property which he wishes. Not sure he is worth bothering with.But he is using governmental property... Is it legal to discriminate someone based upon political affiliation on government property? :confused:

DJ RP
11-27-2007, 11:59 PM
If he believes what he says he should be encouraging ron paul to promote at his event so he wins the republican primary instead of losing and running as third party as he thinks he will :D

me3
11-28-2007, 12:03 AM
Is it just me, or is everybody a little low on anger these days?

Donate today! Debate later tonight! Ron Paul! Ron Paul!

tmg19103
11-28-2007, 12:04 AM
But he is using governmental property... Is it legal to discriminate someone based upon political affiliation on government property? :confused:

I'm not familiar with gun shows being on government property - unless you are talking about an armory. Even then, if the government is renting or leasing their property to a private enterprise, I would assume the private enterprise could exclude whomever it wishes as long as it is not along the lines of race, sex, religion, etc - those people/groups protected by the EEOC. Politicians and political organizations don't fall under that law.

Bush could invite every GOP candidate to the White House except for Ron Paul and he would have broken no law.

nbhadja
11-28-2007, 12:06 AM
Ask him what's the difference between Hillary and Rudy?
They both favored invading Iraq, invading Iran, and favor illegal immigration.

dsentell
11-28-2007, 12:07 AM
But he is using governmental property... Is it legal to discriminate someone based upon political affiliation on government property? :confused:

The promoter probably leased the premises for his show - so I think he would have the right to refuse to lease a booth to whomever he chose. HOWEVER, the public is invited to attend. . . right? So, what is to stop RP supporters from attending and talking and handing out literature while milling about in the crowd? No booth required . . . :D

transistor
11-28-2007, 12:10 AM
ron paul was also not allowed a booth at gun shows in south dakota... that was a few months ago though

michaelwise
11-28-2007, 12:13 AM
Earth to Pope, Ron Paul is already the spoiler. Get used to it.

Goldwater Conservative
11-28-2007, 12:13 AM

Not only is Mr. Pope a psychic, but he doesn't take one of the only honest men in Washington (Dr. Paul) at his word.

And I'm guessing Mr. Pope would be okay with gun-grabbing Rudy or "Multiple Choice" Mitt, because they'd at least be playing for Team Red State.

seapilot
11-28-2007, 12:14 AM
The most pro second amendment congressman banned from gun shows. What is this country coming to?

alien
11-28-2007, 12:14 AM
ron paul was also not allowed a booth at gun shows in south dakota... that was a few months ago though

Fred is probably buying them off.

bbachtung
11-28-2007, 12:15 AM
What about contacting the people who have booths and asking them if they would mind putting out some gun show slim jims on their tables?

dsentell
11-28-2007, 12:17 AM
What about contacting the people who have booths and asking them if they would mind putting out some gun show slim jims on their tables?

Another excellent idea!

ChickenHawk
11-28-2007, 12:20 AM
Refusing a gun show booth to the most pro gun politician in America is the most asinine thing I have ever heard of. These people should be ashamed of themselves.

tmg19103
11-28-2007, 12:21 AM
Fred is probably buying them off.

Fred has really tried to get the gun crowd since McCain/Romney/Giuliani have terrible records in this area.

Fred is going nowhere and his supporters who are pro-gun will have two choices - RP and Huck. Most will probably go to Huck on the war, unless they see the light - and many very pro-gun types have with RP (including yours truly).

tmg19103
11-28-2007, 12:23 AM

Good idea, but if this guy Pope runs a bunch of gun shows and is for Fred, those with booths would probably prefer not to get on his bad side and get banned from his shows.

me3
11-28-2007, 12:33 AM
First step, confirm this. Be 100% sure.

Second step, write letters to the editor, and contact the local news. Let them know that a GOA A+ candidate has been banned from representation at a gun show.

bbachtung
11-28-2007, 12:39 AM
Good idea, but if this guy Pope runs a bunch of gun shows and is for Fred, those with booths would probably prefer not to get on his bad side and get banned from his shows.

Without the vendors, the guy won't get the $55 per table and the $8 per attendee; the vendors are his bread-and-butter.

schmeisser
11-28-2007, 12:43 AM
Without the vendors, the guy won't get the $55 per table and the $8 per attendee; the vendors are his bread-and-butter.

QFT

Vendors rule the show circuit, not the promoters.

lawdida
11-28-2007, 12:58 AM
The guy is entitled to do with his private business/property which he wishes. Not sure he is worth bothering with.

Yes, but as a businessman he's also entitled to hear the market's reaction to his business decisions. It's not like we're going to call the cops on him or sue for an injunction.

Matt Collins
11-28-2007, 01:00 AM
Refusing a gun show booth to the most pro gun politician in America is the most asinine thing I have ever heard of. These people should be ashamed of themselves.
It isn't "people" It's ONE GUY!. Call and e-mail him

Matt Collins
11-28-2007, 01:01 AM
First step, confirm this. Be 100% sure.Call the guy yourself, his phone number is listed above.

Man from La Mancha
11-28-2007, 01:04 AM
Get a list of all the people renting booths and contact them ahead of time, and have them call too.IMO

Matt Collins
11-28-2007, 02:00 AM
Get a list of all the people renting booths and contact them ahead of time,And how exactly do you think we'll be able to get a list of them?

James R
11-28-2007, 02:54 AM
You should have added "politely" to your title as well! Any time someone says "call" or "email" its important to add the words "polite" or "politely" in front.

In any case, I suggest setting up shop in the parking lot, even if that means no booth?

PennCustom4RP
11-28-2007, 03:16 AM
I'm not familiar with gun shows being on government property - unless you are talking about an armory. Even then, if the government is renting or leasing their property to a private enterprise, I would assume the private enterprise could exclude whomever it wishes as long as it is not along the lines of race, sex, religion, etc - those people/groups protected by the EEOC. Politicians and political organizations don't fall under that law.

Bush could invite every GOP candidate to the White House except for Ron Paul and he would have broken no law.

QFT

And just because it is a Govt.Property, doesnt make it a public venue to do as you please. Military bases and federal prisons are also Govt props, and you wouldnt think of emailing the shit outa them with complaints for not allowing a RP booth. Sometimes you have to eat the shit sandwich...and move on to more productive activities.
only my .02...of course.

terryp
11-28-2007, 10:28 AM
Here is my post on the Fl. gun show event I went to.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=38965

We can (and did) walk around with fliers and there had been signs put up along the entrance and exits. We also put RP stuff in the snack bar for people to read.
Some laminated fliers and the lapel stickers.
It is tough to swallow gun shows, the NRA thing, it is pathetic.

me3
11-28-2007, 10:30 AM
It isn't "people" It's ONE GUY!. Call and e-mail him
I'm not saying this isn't true, but there have been a lot of unverified reports that have prompted rash action lately.

Debate it, declare war, fight it, win it, and come home.

Mr. White
11-28-2007, 10:40 AM
Talk to your friends, everybody donate something, ammo, parts, whatever. buy a table to sell stuff and then have some flyers on it. Not hard.

Ethek
11-28-2007, 10:47 AM
We did the gun show at Rupp in Lexington, Ky this last weekend. Only thing I wish we had gotten was a bigger display with some decent speakers for the videos. With small speakers you have to turn it up to understand anything.

We had good reaction and a lot of 'guy already has my vote' responses.

PatriotOne
11-28-2007, 10:48 AM
We need to be on the offense and quit reacting defensively now. We have forward momentum so no need to go fight losing battles. Forget this guy and go promote Ron Paul to those who haven't already made up their minds.

Lord Xar
11-28-2007, 10:48 AM
This is NOT a big issue. In fact, you will probably GET MUCH more attention by setting up outside the venue.

Don't turn this into a protest against the guy RATHER than a promotion for Ron Paul. This is NOT ABOUT protesting the one dude. Just go and stand outside and pass out your literature and speak to people.

Ethek
11-28-2007, 10:50 AM
This is NOT a big issue. In fact, you will probably GET MUCH more attention by setting up outside the venue.

Don't turn this into a protest against the guy RATHER than a promotion for Ron Paul. This is NOT ABOUT protesting the one dude. Just go and stand outside and pass out your literature and speak to people.

I would agree with this . One of the more successful things about the Rupp show was that we flyered people as they lined up to get tickets at the door.

evadmurd
11-28-2007, 10:56 AM
The Knoxville Meet-up always has a booth at the gun-show in town. In fact I think the last one was last weekend.

jjschless
11-28-2007, 11:02 AM
The gun shows I was at, Bob and Rocco, were not allowed to have any political booths due to the fact that Bob and Rocco was a 5013c non-profit organization. We just donned RP gear and walked around.

blamx8
11-28-2007, 11:03 AM
Isn't the refusal to rent to someone based on political affiliation illegal?

tmg19103
11-28-2007, 11:04 AM
Here is my post on the Fl. gun show event I went to.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=38965

We can (and did) walk around with fliers and there had been signs put up along the entrance and exits. We also put RP stuff in the snack bar for people to read.
Some laminated fliers and the lapel stickers.
It is tough to swallow gun shows, the NRA thing, it is pathetic.

I'd find this country without gun shows and the right to bear arms rather tough to swallow, but to each their own.

lucius
11-28-2007, 11:04 AM
This is a brilliant idea! Forget about getting inside. There are probably public sidewalks outside. Stir up the RP excitement outside!!!! :D

Infiltrate within as well...Great Idea! :D

davidkachel
11-28-2007, 11:07 AM
Just show up and go from table to table handing out RP material. This is far more effective than having a table, is much cheaper and solves the problem altogether.
Remember, people who go to gun shows want to see GUNS, not tables with beanie babies, cheap dinnerware, massage booths, eyeglass cleaners or political tables. In general they will walk right past a non-gun table without even noticing what it is, let alone stopping and asking.
If you have a table, for the most part you will only talk to people who approach the table and who therefore are probably already RP supporters.

literatim
11-28-2007, 11:14 AM
I have to agree with the people suggesting that you setup shop outside and hand out literature and speak with people there. I also think you should have someone go around to all the various booths, talk with them and see if they will allow you to put Slim Jims on their booth tables for people to take.

blamx8
11-28-2007, 11:19 AM
Sorry,

I didn't read Matt's post before I quickly snapped off a comment but I think that whether it is government property or not you can not make political afilliation a determining factor.

If I understand the setup properly that is what is occuring at these shows, the subletting of space within the venue.

Matt Collins
11-28-2007, 11:42 AM
Sorry,

I didn't read Matt's post before I quickly snapped off a comment but I think that whether it is government property or not you can not make political afilliation a determining factor.

If I understand the setup properly that is what is occuring at these shows, the subletting of space within the venue.

Yes - I talked with the county attorney this morning and they said since it isn't the government putting on the function, the space is being leased to a private individual, then he is allowed to do what he wants. I'm ok with that, I just wish he hadn't excluded Ron Paul.

As far as setting up anything outside of it, it would be hard to do given the geographical location and the way it's laid out. It's kind of in the middle of no where.

kylejack
11-28-2007, 11:45 AM
The guy is entitled to do with his private business/property which he wishes.
I agree with you, which is why it would be great to use our freedom of speech to stand outside his venue and make a scene.

Matt Collins
11-28-2007, 11:54 AM
Isn't the refusal to rent to someone based on political affiliation illegal?Only if the government does it. In this case the government isn't putting on the event, a private individual is.

I just spoke to the county attorney that is with this specific government and that's essentially what he said.

EvilEngineer
11-28-2007, 11:56 AM
Or, you could tip off the ATF and say that they have illegal fire arm sales going on at the gun show and have the ATF raid the place.

Thunderbolt
11-28-2007, 12:27 PM
Just show up and go from table to table handing out RP material. This is far more effective than having a table, is much cheaper and solves the problem altogether.
Remember, people who go to gun shows want to see GUNS, not tables with beanie babies, cheap dinnerware, massage booths, eyeglass cleaners or political tables. In general they will walk right past a non-gun table without even noticing what it is, let alone stopping and asking.
If you have a table, for the most part you will only talk to people who approach the table and who therefore are probably already RP supporters.

That is what I did at our last gun show and it was very effective. I stopped by every booth and asked if they would mind if I left a few of these fliers on their table. Nearly every person to a one was willing to keep our literature on their table. I suggest of course using the gun show slim jim if that is available yet, or one of the terrific Gun Show fliers already on this forum under campaign materials or member spotlight or something like that.

Almost everyone at a gun show is friendly to Ron Paul. It is an easy task and you get what you want accomplished with no animosity. I wouldn't ask permission, I would just do it. These places are huge. Bring a lot of materials. Plus, if they haven't heard of RP you get to tell them all about him and get a new recruit.

me3
11-28-2007, 12:40 PM
QFT

Or, you could tip off the ATF and say that they have illegal fire arm sales going on at the gun show and have the ATF raid the place.
That's got my vote for today's best way to turn off voters and create scandal.

synthetic
11-28-2007, 12:48 PM
The most pro second amendment congressman banned from gun shows. What is this country coming to?

The country is already there. The real question is how much worse will it get.

Menthol Patch
11-28-2007, 12:57 PM
What this thug does not realize is that all the other Republicans are JUST AS BAD as Hillary! He is too ignorant of FREEDOM to realize that Ron Paul is the only candidate who does not deserve to be tried for TREASON.

MsDoodahs
11-28-2007, 12:58 PM
I don't know that this would be a good idea, but...

Rent a booth as a book seller, gather a bunch of old ones from your collection, put those on one end of the table and on the other end, have the laptop running RP dvds and a stack of slimjims, bumper stickers, etc.

Wear your RP gear when you man the booth.

If they require firearms related stuff, you could still do it IF you have some stuff you're willing to part with, lol...

Just a thought. :)

Smiley Gladhands
11-28-2007, 01:18 PM
I don't know that this would be a good idea, but...

I know the Houston Gun Show has restrictions on what can/can't be sold there, or placed on a table. Non-gun-related materials/books fall under one of those restrictions. The rules probably vary by show, but in Houston there don't seem to be any loopholes that would allow you to pull a quick one over on organizers.

MsDoodahs
11-28-2007, 01:24 PM
It is dependent on who is hosting the show.

We did the Saxet show in Conroe, TX a few weeks back, and when I called and rented the booth, I told them specifically that I was renting it as a presentation site for Ron Paul material.

I got no grief and it was a big hit with everyone...except one table of Fred supporters who whined and bitched to the management that there were TOO MANY PEOPLE stopping at OUR booth. lol.

See this link to find gunshows in YOUR area:

http://www.gunshows-usa.com/

:)

James R
11-28-2007, 01:27 PM
That is what I did at our last gun show and it was very effective. I stopped by every booth and asked if they would mind if I left a few of these fliers on their table. Nearly every person to a one was willing to keep our literature on their table. I suggest of course using the gun show slim jim if that is available yet, or one of the terrific Gun Show fliers already on this forum under campaign materials or member spotlight or something like that.

Almost everyone at a gun show is friendly to Ron Paul. It is an easy task and you get what you want accomplished with no animosity. I wouldn't ask permission, I would just do it. These places are huge. Bring a lot of materials. Plus, if they haven't heard of RP you get to tell them all about him and get a new recruit.

Very good idea! How much literature did you go through at the gun show you were at?

Rex
11-28-2007, 01:29 PM
emailed

Revolution9
11-28-2007, 01:59 PM
I got no grief and it was a big hit with everyone...except one table of Fred supporters who whined and bitched to the management that there were TOO MANY PEOPLE stopping at OUR booth. lol.

This type of stuff is priceless. When I held an all day RP rock and comedy fest, got it permitted and the whole nine yards and about five o'clock a cop shows up and says someone phoned in saying we basically hijacked the square and we were not permitted and to run us off. He knew what was going down..that the caller was trying to use cops to bully us politically.. but had to follow his radioed instructions to inquire. My son got the permit and that was it..

Best
Randy

Matt Collins
11-28-2007, 05:16 PM
Did anyone hear back from him or actually talk to Bob Pope?

Matt Collins
11-29-2007, 11:47 AM
I heard one guy on FaceBook said he was basically called an ass by Mr. Pope. I dont know the validity of it though.

dsentell
11-29-2007, 11:55 AM

I may be still giddy from a late night last night following all the discussions of the debate . . .

But I think this is hysterical!:D:D:D

brumans
11-29-2007, 12:00 PM
Michigan meet-up groups recently had a ron paul table at a Michigan Gun Show

Matt Collins
11-29-2007, 07:53 PM
Who put on the Michigan show?

sluggo
11-29-2007, 08:02 PM
Email sent. Told him to check out the GOA's website for more info on Ron Paul.

1000-points-of-fright
11-29-2007, 08:05 PM

Ask Mr. Pope if he is on Team GOP or Team America.

FunkBuddha
11-29-2007, 08:06 PM
The Knoxville Ron Paul meetup has had tables at several gun shows in Knoxville. None of them were Popes though

Mortikhi
11-29-2007, 08:49 PM
And here is another example of those that think they are beyond reproach needing their address from public records shared with the world.

James R
11-29-2007, 08:58 PM
Who put on the Michigan show?

Matt, are you considering this idea posted?

"I stopped by every booth and asked if they would mind if I left a few of these fliers on their table. Nearly every person to a one was willing to keep our literature on their table. I suggest of course using the gun show slim jim if that is available yet, or one of the terrific Gun Show fliers already on this forum under campaign materials or member spotlight or something like that.

Almost everyone at a gun show is friendly to Ron Paul. It is an easy task and you get what you want accomplished with no animosity. I wouldn't ask permission, I would just do it. These places are huge. Bring a lot of materials. Plus, if they haven't heard of RP you get to tell them all about him and get a new recruit."

I dare say that a large number of gun show booths all having Ron Paul literature on their tables is more effective than you having a Ron Paul booth.

foofighter20x
11-29-2007, 09:09 PM
Quickly and quietly organize a 2nd Amendment Supporter's MeetUp and get the booth through them...

Might that work?

Edit: In organized crime, this is called "putting up a front." ;) :D

ksuguy
11-29-2007, 09:26 PM
At the show here last month they didn't allow non gun booths. I was able to solve that problem by gathering a bunch of my miscellaneous gun parts and accessories and putting them out on the table in addition to the Ron Paul stuff. We didn't get any trouble at all from the show organizers.

voortrekker
11-29-2007, 09:39 PM
sent ole' Bob an email.

Don't know him, but maybe he'll listen.

Bob,

My name is B***** ******* and I reside in Texas.

I understand that you have refused to allow Ron Paul supporters to have a table at this gunshow.

Why would you make this decision?

I assume that you are very aware that Ron Paul is probably the MOST staunchest supporter in congress on the 2nd Amendment.

I understand that Ron Paul is going to have a VERY hard time winning the GOP nomination, BUT the establishment of U.S. politics are going to do EVERYTHING they can to prevent the only LION amongst the hyenas in the GOP to prevent this country from truly being a free nation and defying Ron Paul at EVERY opportunity.

AND it is absolutely disgraceful to the principles on which this country was founded that this is happening. I would like to hope that you can understand this and not allow this to continue.

I hope sir, very respectfully, that you will reconsider not allowing Ron Paul supporters from having a table at this gunshow.

It is simply UNAMERICAN not to do so.

Frankly, it is UNAMERICAN to not allow any anyone, no matter which candidate they support not to pay for a table and support the presidential candidate of their choosing.

Even if it is Hillary, let the cards fall where they are destined to fall.

Very sincerely yours straight from ***********, TX,

Brett

An ordinary U.S. citizen trying to make his way to live free.

AND a U.S. rifleman earned with an M1A(the last iron horse). AQT=230

The rifleman OWNS the quartermile shot, this nation needs riflemen.

This nation needs RON PAUL!

westmich4paul
11-30-2007, 12:36 AM
The Gun shows we have participated in the state of Michigan have been very supportive of our booths, they have never given us anything but good will. Alot of the vendors at the show by the second day display Ron Paul signs at their booths which is very encouraging. It is very sad that the one candidate that truly stands behind gun ownership would be censored from their shows. Absolutely pathetic. Thanks go out to Sports Show Promotions in Michigan for the great hospitality you have shown to the Ron Paul campaign we truely appreciate it.

quickmike
11-30-2007, 12:40 AM

(615) 218-5503

Well, if Mr Pope was such a team player himself, he would vote for Ron Paul and prevent that from happening now wouldnt he?

LibertyEagle
11-30-2007, 12:42 AM
What happened about running ads in gun magazines?

libertarian4321
11-30-2007, 03:20 AM
When you rent the booth for the gun show, don't tell them its a "Ron Paul" booth, tell them you are going to hand out pro 2nd amendment literature.

Matt Collins
11-30-2007, 12:28 PM
When you rent the booth for the gun show, don't tell them its a "Ron Paul" booth, tell them you are going to hand out pro 2nd amendment literature.LOL

I didn't think of that :D

ChickenHawk
12-08-2007, 05:05 PM
I went to the Washington Arm Collectors gun show today in Puyallup, WA. My membership has been expired for two years so I had to buy a ticket. With my ticket I was given a Ron Paul business card.:cool:

When I got inside there was a Ron Paul booth and a number of other booths with RP literature and signs. I did not see any other presidential candidate represented in any way whatsoever. Not even a single bumper sticker.

I'm starting to think there really is something to this Ron Paul Revolution.

thomj76
12-08-2007, 05:36 PM
I just spoke with Bob, and this is what he told me. He will not be seen as endorsing any Candidate during the primaries at his gun shows. This is why he will not allow a candidate table before Tennessee primary. Later gun shows in February (after the primary) he would allow a table. Individuals can work their way through the gun shows in the mean time. As a business decision, I am sure that you can respect this. Concerning his statement about Ron Paul running as a 3rd party candidate, it came from a debate where Tancredo, Paul and another perceived lower tier candidate were asked the question about who they would support as the GOP choice. I stressed to him that Ron Paul had no intention of running as a third party candidate, and that in regard to that debate and those questions, that they were indeed "slaps in the face" to the candidates who were asked that, and that if the candidate who was asked that question had intentions of winning the nomination, it was not in their best interest to fall for the slanted question.

He seemed receptive to what I had to say, and I would recommend that if you want to pass out literature, that you get the gun owners slim jim, and proceed in your individual or group capacity sans table.

SamLowrey
12-08-2007, 06:31 PM
Be sure to loiter around the NRA table and explain to potential new members what a sham the NRA has become.

http://waronguns.blogspot.com/2006/11/fix-is-in-ron-paul-must-go.html

SamLowrey
12-08-2007, 06:34 PM
I have 700 pro-gun slim jims for the next gun show. Oh and....

(I've heard that 70% of registered gun owners live in Tennessee)

Who "registers" guns?

dirka
12-08-2007, 06:39 PM
Is he denying other campaign's as well, or only Ron Pauls??

If he is only blocking Paulites, then I have a problem with this bozo, otherwise its his business.

TomTX
12-08-2007, 07:03 PM
It is dependent on who is hosting the show.

We did the Saxet show in Conroe, TX a few weeks back, and when I called and rented the booth, I told them specifically that I was renting it as a presentation site for Ron Paul material.
:)

Do you know if someone has already organized a table for the upcoming Austin Saxet show on the 15th/16th?

This meshes excellently with the Tea Party, and I would be very willing to help out.

westmich4paul
12-08-2007, 07:26 PM
We have been welcomed at the guns shows we do, but we do not try to cause issues, like hawking around the nra tables telling people what a scam they are. We represent the campaign and that is the only agenda we follow or will follow and everyone that attends knows this we do not allow anything else but Ron literature to be distributed. We are polite and curteous and just inform people of Ron's stance on the issues. Ron's message sells itself so why does everyone always feel the need for all the confrontation? Nobody can truely believe that this gets votes.

me3
12-08-2007, 08:37 PM
You better believe it baby.

We have been welcomed at the guns shows we do, but we do not try to cause issues, like hawking around the nra tables telling people what a scam they are. We represent the campaign and that is the only agenda we follow or will follow and everyone that attends knows this we do not allow anything else but Ron literature to be distributed. We are polite and curteous and just inform people of Ron's stance on the issues. Ron's message sells itself so why does everyone always feel the need for all the confrontation? Nobody can truely believe that this gets votes.
:D +1 +1 +1

Zym
12-08-2007, 08:41 PM
I went to the Washington Arm Collectors gun show today in Puyallup, WA. My membership has been expired for two years so I had to buy a ticket. With my ticket I was given a Ron Paul business card.:cool:

When I got inside there was a Ron Paul booth and a number of other booths with RP literature and signs. I did not see any other presidential candidate represented in any way whatsoever. Not even a single bumper sticker.

That was done by the Tacoma meet-up group, I'm a WAC member and wanted to join them, but I've got finals starting Monday.
You need to join a meet-up group so you can participate.

jasonoliver
12-08-2007, 08:44 PM
I fear that this is the mentality that a lot of folks sitting on the RP fence have (even though he has clearly stated he will not run as an independent). :confused:

He has clearly stated he has NO INTENTION of running as a independent. There are lots of things that could change his mind.

If he loses he will be sitting there with millions in the bank, and fervent following. I think he secretly is strongly considering it, but doesn't want to talk about it to distract from the issue at hand.

thomj76
12-08-2007, 09:09 PM
Is he denying other campaign's as well, or only Ron Pauls??

If he is only blocking Paulites, then I have a problem with this bozo, otherwise its his business.

What he told me is that he is not allowing any candidate tables within the gun shows before the Tennessee Primary...

jd603
12-08-2007, 10:22 PM
Total waste of time to pursue this, focus energy elsewhere!

Tennessee has a ton of Ron Paul support ...

Edit: no i don't mean efforts in the entire state are worthless, just that one gun show isn't going to matter, especially in Tennessee.

(615) 218-5503

Matt Collins
12-16-2007, 02:49 PM
Total waste of time to pursue this, focus energy elsewhere!

It's kind of a dead issue at this point anyway.