PDA

View Full Version : Police Chief Fired After Encouraging Questionable Tactics to Stop Motorists

SeanTX
08-17-2013, 08:51 AM
Shocking -- the police play these games to get more stops and issue more tickets?

http://www.nwahomepage.com/fulltext-news/sources-nwa-police-chief-fired-after-alleged-misconduct/d/fulltext-news/0ZOcv2OFfEyC3b-aLthBRg

Sources: NWA Police Chief Fired After Alleged Misconduct
08/16 14:10 PM

BETHEL HEIGHTS, AR -- According to several sources within the police department, the Bethel Heights police chief has been fired after an officer came forward with audio recordings of a meeting between them.

Friday, multiple sources within the Bethel Heights Police Department confirmed to KNWA that Don McKinnon was fired as chief of police. Those sources also tell us that Wes Hart has been named interim chief.

Corporal Tim Brasuell claims that, in a recording he took on his cell phone, Chief Don McKinnon encouraged questionable behavior in order to pull people over and issue traffic tickets.

"The message that he was giving me was do whatever it takes to get the tickets even if you have to make somebody do something wrong," Corporal Brasuell says.

Brasuell played the recording for KNWA.

"The numbers are way low... You can only get those numbers if you're doing traffic stops," the voice on the recording says.

Brasuell, whose been with the BHPD since 2008, says in an effort to issue more tickets, McKinnon encouraged crooked cop behavior.

The voice goes on to say in the recording, "If I seen a vehicle, I could always find some reason to stop them, even if I made them do something stupid... I wanna stop that car load of dumb sh*** in the car, I wanna stop it, but they are not going to do anything wrong. Hell, I'll get behind or the other lane and I'd start crowding them. Kinda dirty pool but i got two or three arrests out of it."

SNIP

LibertyEagle
08-17-2013, 08:55 AM
I'm glad he was fired and all, but people in these positions of power, who abuse that power so badly, need to have charges against them. Serious charges.

pcosmar
08-17-2013, 08:56 AM
Well,, that's one down.

Every ONE counts. we have a long way to go :(

/"if you're not doing anything wrong",,,,,,

angelatc
08-17-2013, 08:58 AM
He'll be rehired in no time.

Bern
08-17-2013, 08:58 AM
Corporal Tim Brasuell is a rare breed. Kudos.

tod evans
08-17-2013, 09:03 AM
I'm glad he was fired and all, but people in these positions of power, who abuse that power so badly, need to have charges against them. Serious charges.

Yes they do!

When the citizenry realizes that the "Just-Us" department protects its own that's half the battle..

Why hasn't the county prosecutor locked this guy up and filed a laundry list of charges against him?

Why hasn't he been denied bond?

Why haven't his assets been seized?

Communities must form independent courts of justice that prohibit members of the bar from petitioning on anyone's behalf...

Kotin
08-17-2013, 09:14 AM

this.

until these people are tarred and feather'd (metaphorically or not) they will never learn. only fear works with these dumb corrupt motherfuckers.