PDA

View Full Version : Ashton Kutcher's Speech to the Teen Choice Awards Goes Viral

jllundqu
08-16-2013, 01:29 PM
This speech is really impressive. I'm glad it went viral.

What say RPF?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNXwKGZHmDc

Kotin
08-16-2013, 01:31 PM
what is sad is all the of fucking morons cheering him on who know not one fuck about what he is talking about..

he could have given a speech on the benefits of eating ear wax and he would have elicited the same damn response. (remember where this speech was given)

jllundqu
08-16-2013, 01:36 PM
Sad but true... He has obviously passed some mental threshold and he was speaking to those still plugged into the matrix.

Seraphim
08-16-2013, 02:56 PM
Very good.

malkusm
08-16-2013, 02:59 PM
what is sad is all the of fucking morons cheering him on who know not one fuck about what he is talking about..

he could have given a speech on the benefits of eating ear wax and he would have elicited the same damn response. (remember where this speech was given)

Yeah that was really annoying. But the good news is that the video went viral among people who actually have some brain cells, it seems.

Holodomor
08-17-2013, 12:01 AM
Good speech. While the stupid shrieking was annoying, I assume it came from a bunch of teen and pre-teen girls, so I can forgive it. This, however, probably is the product of adults and is much sadder.

Here's a sample of headlines for other versions of this video floating around Youtube:

"Ashton Kutcher Reveals His First Name at Teen Choice Awards 2013 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnDzy3s8lUw)"

"Ashton Kutcher funny speech at Teen Choice Awards 2013 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YY0UUCt0R_4)"

Pretty sad when the best title you can give that video is "reveals his first name" and "gives a funny speech." Funny? Really?

fr33
08-17-2013, 12:21 AM
I felt sorry for him. He was giving an important speech that those dopes could really use and it seemed like it was going straight through their empty heads. Makes you wonder if those screaming teens have parents willing to talk to them about getting a job and doing something productive.

BetterCallSaul
08-17-2013, 09:34 AM
Good speech. While the stupid shrieking was annoying, I assume it came from a bunch of teen and pre-teen girls, so I can forgive it. This, however, probably is the product of adults and is much sadder.

Here's a sample of headlines for other versions of this video floating around Youtube:

"Ashton Kutcher Reveals His First Name at Teen Choice Awards 2013 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnDzy3s8lUw)"

"Ashton Kutcher funny speech at Teen Choice Awards 2013 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YY0UUCt0R_4)"

Pretty sad when the best title you can give that video is "reveals his first name" and "gives a funny speech." Funny? Really?

I saw it as, "Delivers anti Hollywood/Illuminati Speech"!

Which was real misleading- technically true on like a philosophical level, but not what i expected from the video title.

Because of the audience, the only message people got from hearing that was, "OMG Ashton thinks Im hawt!!!!"

mtr1979
08-17-2013, 06:03 PM
I'm not trying to be a hater here, but I wasn't blown away by this speech. I agree with the hard work part. Then he had to go into the whole be sexy and then build your own life. Maybe I was turned off by this because I felt that it was a bit preachy. Kind of reminded me when we would have a high school assembly and the school would bring in a motivational speaker. Everything he said has been said before one way or another. I'll give the guy credit he is using his platform and trying to make an impact on people's lives.

goRPaul
08-17-2013, 08:37 PM
Good speech, but am I the only one creeped out by it? It's the kind of speech one would give if they don't expect to be around much longer.

sonica
08-20-2013, 01:07 PM
Maybe the wrong place to make that kind of speech as no one knows what he's on about in that audience

brushfire
08-20-2013, 02:00 PM
If Dr Paul gave the exact same speech to the exact same people, the boo birds would have come out...SC style.

Using mojo for good, and he's not even terminally ill. Good work, Chris! I made a similar speech at the register of a local McDonalds, and did not get the same reception - not even close. :)

trey4sports
08-20-2013, 02:07 PM
yeah it was ok.

dannno
08-20-2013, 09:05 PM
Very moving, Chris.

libertariantexas
08-20-2013, 11:32 PM
Who knows, maybe a few of those witless tweens in the audience will actually learn something from the speech.

MichaelDavis
08-21-2013, 04:10 AM

I am glad he gave this speech at the Teen Choice Awards instead of, say, YAL Con. These are the people that need to her it the most. At a political rally he would just be preaching to the choir. We already know these things. Teenage girls do not.