PDA

View Full Version : Chris Christie Tells Dad Med MJ More “Complicated” Than Just Letting His Daughter Live

Lucille
08-15-2013, 08:27 AM
Not hard to guess what his decision will be.

Chris Christie Tells Local Dad Medical Marijuana More “Complicated” Than Just Letting His Daughter Live
http://reason.com/blog/2013/08/15/chris-christie-tells-local-dad-medical-m

So New Jersey legalized medicinal marijuana in 2009, but implementation’s been slow and stupid. It took three years, for example, for the first dispensary to open. Unsurprisingly, it’s still easier to buy street drugs in New Jersey than legal marijuana, even for medical marijuana patients. This June, the state legislature passed a new law that would make it easier for sick children to access medical marijuana. It’s August, and New Jersey’s paternalistic governor, Chris Christie, is still mulling it over. Confronted by the parent of a child waiting for easier access to medical marijuana, Christie explained it wasn’t as simple as just signing the law. From CBS New York:

“Please don’t let my daughter die, Governor. Don’t let my daughter die,” Brian Wilson implored Gov. Christie on Wednesday…

“I was wondering what the holdup is. It’s been like two months now,” Wilson pressed the governor.

“These are complicated issues,” Gov. Christie responded to Wilson.

“Very simple issue,” the father shot back.

“No, I know you think it’s simple…I know you think it’s simple and it’s not,” Christie said.

At the end of their exchange, Christie told Wilson he’d decide in the coming days whether to sign the bill.

“I’ll have a decision by Friday. I wish for the best for you, your daughter and your family and I’m going to do what I think is best for the people of the state,” Christie told Wilson.

Reminds me of this exchange:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NY6UTnS6Z-A

How do those evil bastards sleep at night?

tod evans
08-15-2013, 08:31 AM
http://www.twowheelforum.com/images/smilies/hang.gif Get a rope! :mad:

AuH20
08-15-2013, 08:32 AM
He's right. It's far from simple, but it should be done.

shane77m
08-15-2013, 08:33 AM

First they take a shower in the blood of innocents and then fall asleep on a big fluffy mattress stuffed with the despair of those they tread upon.

brandon
08-15-2013, 08:33 AM
It is very complicated for Christie. If he signs it all his establishment buddies in DC won't like him as much. If he doesn't sign it then NJ voters won't like him as much. Decisions decisions.

tod evans
08-15-2013, 08:36 AM

Give me the reins for one week....

It really is simple to rip the power from cops/prosecutors and the prison industrial complex.....Fire the lot of them and strip all funding especially pensions the first day....

Cleaner44
08-15-2013, 08:42 AM
Life can be complicated for those that don't have certain core values and integrity like Ron Paul does. Politicians often are faced with complicated decisions because they don't care about simple things like right and wrong, they don't base decisions on simple things like the Constitution. For a statist things are often complicated. Central planners face complicated choices as their flawed plans have many unintended consequences. It must suck to not have guiding principles.

AuH20
08-15-2013, 08:49 AM

It really is simple to rip the power from cops/prosecutors and the prison industrial complex.....Fire the lot of them and strip all funding especially pensions the first day....

It's still a schedule 1 drug unfortunately and that's where the potential conflicts arise in terms of employer liability insurance, worker's compensation readjustments and a host of other legal variables. Ask someone who has been in state government. This is a massive undertaking since it's not as rudimentary as simply making it legal. There are a web of laws that need to be readjusted.

tod evans
08-15-2013, 08:58 AM
It's still a schedule 1 drug unfortunately and that's where the potential conflicts arise in terms of employer liability insurance, worker's compensation readjustments and a host of other legal variables. Ask someone who has been in state government. This is a massive undertaking since it's not as rudimentary as simply making it legal. There are a web of laws that need to be readjusted.

And just who is it that controls the national guard in NJ?

Fuck the feds! Make a stand!

evilfunnystuff
08-15-2013, 10:23 AM
This is a massive undertaking since it's not as rudimentary as simply making it legal. There are a web of laws that need to be readjusted.

So lets deal with that after we stop imprisoning peacefull Americans.

surf
08-15-2013, 11:05 AM

exactly. I've been calling for our pussy governor to let the fed bastards know that they are not welcome and for him to station Nat'l guard troops on our borders to keep them out if they don't comply. instead he talks about getting "answers" from DC about how they'll fuck with us.

weed, and medical weed, are both "legal" here.

Anti Federalist
08-15-2013, 11:44 AM

Fucking right, and way past time afaic.

Fuck them and fuck the "rules" written by corrupt monsters.

I. Will. Not. Comply.

Fuck you.

economics102
08-15-2013, 12:08 PM
Yeah, it's oh so very complicated.

Like Eric Holder's decision to curb the mandatory sentencing requirements. He surely agonized for 6 long years over that one before finally taking even the slightest of actions.

ObiRandKenobi
08-15-2013, 01:38 PM
this is the america thomas jefferson had in mind

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYC5l8RekcI

better-dead-than-fed
08-15-2013, 01:45 PM

On pillows of money surrounded by prostitutes.

mczerone
08-15-2013, 01:45 PM
Reminds me of the whole statist system: "We need all these laws because we live in a complicated society."

No, you dopes, it's only complicated because you've put all these conflicting, confounding laws in place. Society is simple: do what you will, and don't hurt others without expecting to be hurt back. That's it. That's the entirety of "society". All the rest is a result of YOUR STUPID COMPLICATIONS.

It's blisteringly simple - let the sick daughter (and everyone else) use cannabis. Leave her alone unless she directly/knowingly hurts someone else. And defend her life if some sick quack wants to come and imprison her for not following some rule on paper.

Done and done.

AuH20
08-15-2013, 02:01 PM
Reminds me of the whole statist system: "We need all these laws because we live in a complicated society."

No, you dopes, it's only complicated because you've put all these conflicting, confounding laws in place. Society is simple: do what you will, and don't hurt others without expecting to be hurt back. That's it. That's the entirety of "society". All the rest is a result of YOUR STUPID COMPLICATIONS.

It's blisteringly simple - let the sick daughter (and everyone else) use cannabis. Leave her alone unless she directly/knowingly hurts someone else. And defend her life if some sick quack wants to come and imprison her for not following some rule on paper.

Done and done.

The lawyers and the statists created this maze of laws & punitive environment (take for example, gun manufacturers being sued for the misuse of their product. Huh?) for their own benefit. I'm not a fan of the ABA or many of these judges.

LibertyEagle
08-15-2013, 02:10 PM

No it's not. Legalize it and butt the government's nose out of the whole matter. It's only complicated if you think the government needs to be involved in our own choices of what we put into our own bodies.

better-dead-than-fed
08-15-2013, 02:12 PM
The lawyers and the statists created this maze of laws & punitive environment (take for example, gun manufacturers being sued for the misuse of their product. Huh?) for their own benefit. I'm not a fan of the ABA or many of these judges.

Government-regulation of the practice of law is at the root of the problem, I think. More about that here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1alu1QaM0RZ-mCydWEDqsguZ2GK0C4vkdTxJnbaX5Ivg/pub

If law-practice were deregulated, a lot would change. More regular people would have reason to learn the law, and that would make for more effective democracy, instead of a lawyer-ocracy. At the same time, law would become easier to learn.

P.S. And legalize drugs without further delay.

Alex Libman
08-15-2013, 02:13 PM
Christie should know that pot is less addictive than donuts.

AuH20
08-15-2013, 02:25 PM
No it's not. Legalize it and butt the government's nose out of the whole matter. It's only complicated if you think the government needs to be involved in our own choices of what we put into our own bodies.

Still lingering questions for employers. Liability, discriminatory claims, intrusion of privacy concerns, etc.. A small business could really take it on the chin. Fix 1 problem and potentially create 2 or 3 more in process. WE NEED TO UNRAVEL THE ENTIRE SYSTEM.

http://www.businessinsurance.com/article/20100214/ISSUE01/302149969

David H. Black, of counsel with law firm Jackson Lewis L.L.P. in Seattle, said employers have sympathy for employees whose medical issues have led them to use marijuana.

“By the same token, they also have a concern or responsibility to maintain a safe and secure workplace for all the other workers that are there and for the public too,” Mr. Black said.

“It really creates a Catch-22 for employers,” said Richard R. Meneghello, a partner with law firm Fisher & Phillips L.L.P. in Portland, Ore. “If they try to discipline an employee or not allow medical marijuana in the workplace, they could face a potential disability discrimination claim by the employee, or could they face some other invasion of privacy or legal action by the employee.

“Yet if they try to accommodate the employee, then they could face a potential safety issue if the employee shows up for work impaired and injures himself and others. And moreover, there could also be the nightmare scenario of a catastrophic injury caused to a member of the general public or employee,” where the employer “could face liability because they knowingly allowed someone who's a marijuana user to operate on behalf of the company,” Mr. Meneghello said.

“There really is a fine line, a balancing act that they have to negotiate that really makes it difficult for employers to determine which avenue to go,” he said.

Legend1104
08-15-2013, 05:43 PM
Really mr. Dad. If you can tell me how I can successfully be able to look conservative enough to win the primaries, and yet liberal enough to win the presidential nomination by voting for this thing, then I will be glad to sign it; then again you don't get to play God like I do do you?! Guess not. Its complicated.

Brett85
08-15-2013, 05:59 PM
And yet this is the guy who "moderates" and Democrats like, and the guy who's supposed to win reelection in a landslide? I guess it just shows that Democrats only care about expanding the welfare state and the size of government. They don't care about personal freedom, privacy, stopping wars, and all of the other things they claim to care about.

Anti Federalist
08-15-2013, 06:15 PM
And yet this is the guy who "moderates" and Democrats like, and the guy who's supposed to win reelection in a landslide? I guess it just shows that Democrats only care about expanding the welfare state and the size of government. They don't care about personal freedom, privacy, stopping wars, and all of the other things they claim to care about.

No, they do not. Not at all.

Peace Piper
08-15-2013, 07:13 PM
If there was a real reporter or journalist there, perhaps Christie would have been asked why there are so many US FEDERAL PATENTS related to Marijuana

PATENTS RELATED TO CANNABIS

US Patent 6630507 -Cannabinoids as antioxidants and neuroprotectants
http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/6630507/fulltext.html

US Patent 4189491 - Tetrahydrocannabinol in a method of treating glaucoma(full - 1980)
http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/4189491.html

Process for preparing cannabichromene (full - 1982)
http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/4315862/description.html

US Patent 5508037 - Stable suppository formulations effecting bioavailability of Š9 -THC (full - 1996)
http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/5508037/fulltext.html

US Patent 6132762 - Transcutaneous application of marijuana (full - 2000)
http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/6132762/fulltext.html

US Patent 6328992 - Cannabinoid patch and method for cannabis transdermal delivery (full - 2001)
http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/6328992/fulltext.html

US Patent 6383513 - Compositions comprising cannabinoids (nasal spray)(full - 2002)
http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/6328992/fulltext.html

US Patent Application 20050042172 - Administration of medicaments by vaporisation (full - 2002)

20070151149 - Methods for altering the level of phytochemicals in plant cells by applying wave lengths of light from 400 nm to 700 nm and apparatus therefore (full - 2004)

US Patent Application 2004004905 - Method for producing an extract from cannabis plant matter, containing a tetrahydrocannabinol and a cannabidiol and cannabis extracts (full - 2004)

US Patent 6713048 - ”9 tetrahydrocannabinol (”9 THC) solution metered dose inhalers and methods of use (full - 2004)

US Patent 6974568 - Treatment for cough (full - 2005)

US Patent Application 20050266108 - Methods of purifying cannabinoids from plant material (full - 2005)

US Patent 6949582 - Method of relieving analgesia and reducing inflamation using a cannabinoid delivery topical liniment (full - 2005)

20050070596 - Methods for treatment of inflammatory diseases using CT-3 or analogs thereof (full - 2005)

Method of relieving analgesia and reducing inflamation using a cannabinoid delivery topical liniment (full - 2005)

US Patent 7088914 - Device, method and resistive element for vaporizing a medicament (full - 2006)

US Patent 7025992 - Pharmaceutical formulations (full - 2006)

US Patent Application 20060242899 - Method of cultivating plants(full - 2006)

US Patent 7109245 - Vasoconstrictor cannabinoid analogs (full - 2006)

20080057117 - PHARMACEUTICAL COMPOSITION MADE UP OF CANNIBUS EXTRACTS (full - 2007)

US Patent 7344736 - Extraction of pharmaceutically active components from plant materials (full - 2008)

US Patent 7402686 - Cannabinoid crystalline derivatives and process of cannabinoid purification (full - 2008)

US Patent 7399872 - Conversion of CBD to ”-THC and ”-THC (full - 2008)

US Patent 7622140 - Processes and apparatus for extraction of active substances and enriched extracts from natural products (full - 2009)

NEW USE FOR CANNABINOID-CONTAINING PLANT EXTRACTS
Patent application number: 20100249223 (full - 2010)

CANNABINOID-CONTAINING PLANT EXTRACTS AS NEUROPROTECTIVE AGENTS Patent application number: 20100239693(full - 2010)

Full links here:
https://sites.google.com/site/gscmmjlist/home/a/p/patents-related-to-cannabis

Sooner or later this will make big news, bigger than the SF Chronicle
Oakland cites surprise medical pot backer

Cedric Chao, a lawyer for the city, cited a 2003 patent application by the U.S. government that said cannabis compounds are "useful in the treatment and prophylaxis (prevention) of a wide variety of oxidation-associated diseases," including certain types of strokes and immune-system disorders.

Chao quoted another patent application, by two government scientists in 2009, that referred to the "healing properties of Cannabis sativa," or marijuana, that have been "known throughout documented history."

"How can the government credibly deny the benefits of medical cannabis when the government itself is funding cutting-edge research proving the medical benefits of cannabis and seeking patents based on such research?" Chao wrote.
http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Oakland-cites-surprise-medical-pot-backer-4113767.php

This company has already been awarded a piece of patent #6630507:

http://metabunk.org/data/MetaMirrorCache/www.tokeofthetown.com_assets_c_2011_12_380097_2963 53417064242_cfaa5f6ea1c9e523310c066020f36a11.jpeg

http://www.kannalife.com/

Apr 4, 2013
KannaLife in R&D Collaboration for Cannabinoid-Based Drugs

KannaLife Sciences will team up with two drug discovery technology companies in a collaboration designed to develop new cannabinoid-based neuroprotectants. The value of the collaboration was not disclosed.

KannaLife will fund the collaboration with Advanced Neural Dynamics and IteraMed, aimed at drug discovery for a lab-validated phytochemical that has been found to be neuroprotective in cortical neuronal cultures exposed to toxic levels of glutamate or oxidative stress.

The founding science is based on the licensed technology of A.J. Hampson, Ph.D., a neuropharmacologist at the Laboratory of Cellular and Molecular Regulation within NIH’s National Institutes of Mental Health (NIMH).

KannaLife holds an exclusive license with NIH’s Office of Technology Transfer to commercialize U.S. Patent 6,630,507, "Cannabinoids as Antioxidants and Neuroprotectants," on October 7, 2003, awarded to Dr Hampson and two other investigators, Nobel laureate Julius Axelrod, Ph.D., (1912–2004) of NIMH, and Maurizio Grimaldi, M.D., Ph.D., leader of the Neuropharmacology/Neuroscience Laboratory at Southern research Institute and co-investigator for the NIH National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke High-Throughput Drug Screening Facility for Neurodegenerative Disease.

The patent covers their discovery that cannabinoids have antioxidant properties unrelated to NMDA receptor antagonism, making them useful in treating and protecting the body from a variety of oxidation-associated ischemic, age-related, inflammatory, and autoimmune diseases. The researchers also found the cannabinoids were neuroprotectants, limiting neurological damage following ischemic insults, such as stroke and trauma, or in the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases, such as Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease, and HIV dementia....MORE
http://www.genengnews.com/gen-news-highlights/kannalife-in-r-d-collaboration-for-cannabinoid-based-drugs/81248179/

osan
08-15-2013, 07:21 PM
I do believe that the Austin Powers character, "Fat Bastard" was an immensely cleaned up version of Christie.

That son of a bitch should hang from a tree and be left for the buzzards... though come to think of it I like buzzards way too much to do that to them.

The man gives filth a bad name.

osan
08-15-2013, 07:24 PM

Well, if you're going to assert that it is "far from simple", at least do us the courtesy of listing and characterizing the complexities.

Personally, I none. We are either free or we are something else. If we are free, marijuana is not an issue of any import. Those who want may get. Those who don't want, refrain. This is not rocket surgery. But if you see complications, please share.

osan
08-15-2013, 07:29 PM

Nice in theory, but bear in mind that they all have lawyers and you would end up in court. Now, if perchance the court in question is actually operating under UCC jurisdiction, you might be able to tell them to get bent and have that be the end of it. Short of that, you'd have an army of lawyers up your six. The sorts of power in question here does not go quietly into the night.

osan
08-15-2013, 07:39 PM

That does not make the decision complicated. It is only complicated when you're a corpulent pig-man with no decent principles of which to speak. Sign the fucking bill into law and let the sparks fly - that is what a decent and principled man with balls bigger than flea eggs would do. Setting this land back on a proper heading takes the first step and those first steps are always the most painful because people have had their heads filled with endless bullshit about how the world will end if this happens or that doesn't. Remember Bammy and "sequestration" - That idiot donk predicted universe-ending calamities. Well, they haven't happened and now more people are seeing him for the stupid prick that he is. That first step may have been tough for some, but just as the first kill in wartime is the hardest, the next one will be less anxiety ridden. After a while people start to see these buffoons for what they are and that is where the klown-men begin to lose power.

But in the meanwhile someone's child dies? Fuck those bastards. I have no idea whether there is indeed a hell but if so God has better fucking send them to a very special corner of it or I swear I will go up there kick him so hard in the nuts his grandma will be screaming in pain.

The rotten among us are more so than ever - and so smug and bold about it.

osan
08-15-2013, 07:44 PM
P.S. And legalize drugs without further delay.

No, decriminalize. There is a difference. Legalization carries with it the tacit notion of government authority to grant legality on such matters, which of course it does not have. Decriminalization involves the removal of the original governmental trespass against the sovereignty of all people whom the criminalization effected and is tantamount to the admission that it had made the wrong decision in the first place. Big difference.

angelatc
08-15-2013, 08:27 PM

Done and done.

Yeah I was going to say something like this but you've nailed it perfectly. It's only complicated because the government made it complicated.

BuddyRey
08-15-2013, 08:46 PM
this is the america thomas jefferson had in mind

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYC5l8RekcI

Ugh, the way Christie bows up and starts bugging his eyes out at that poor guy reminds me of a cop on a power trip.

Can we please primary this power-drunk a$$hole already?

Occam's Banana
08-15-2013, 08:51 PM
I want Chris Christie to sit across from the widows and the orphans of those who have died - some in terrible agony - because of the criminalization of marijuana and have that conversation. He could start with the mother of Peter McWilliams ...

FTA: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_McWilliams#Death

McWilliams died on June 14, 2000 in his Los Angeles home, of AIDS (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AIDS)-related non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. At the time he was awaiting sentencing for his conviction of conspiring to "possess, manufacture and sell marijuana."Cannabis activist Richard Cowan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Cowan_%28cannabis_activist%29) and many critics of the drug policies in the United States have described his death as murder (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder) by the U. S. government, insofar as they denied him the use of the medical marijuana (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medical_marijuana) which might have prevented his death. William F. Buckley (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_F._Buckley,_Jr.) stated that McWilliams was vomiting and in pain when he died.

IIRC, McWilliams was unwilling to use marijuana (which allowed him to control the extreme nausea caused by his medications) because his mother could have lost her home had he done so (it had been mortgaged to pay for his bail).

Alex Libman
08-15-2013, 10:29 PM
Every thread about Christie should mention this...

Support Ken Kaplan (http://kaplanforgovernor.com/),
NJ LP (http://njlp.org) for Governor!

[Facebook] (https://www.facebook.com/Kaplan4Gov) [Twitter] (https://twitter.com/Kaplan4Governor)

:D

ctiger2
08-15-2013, 11:03 PM
I love how it took NJ 3yrs to get the first dispensary up and running. lol!

The free market would've had something up in an afternoon.

So very incompetent these nazi bureaucrats are.

speciallyblend
08-16-2013, 01:53 AM
rand would support christies right and nj right to ignore individual liberty. These are the stances that will cost a republican the swing state of colorado just on perception of the gop being pro drug war. Think not? Then you have lost colorado already!

Mani
08-16-2013, 04:21 AM
It's complicated because he has to watch out for the hands that feed him.

He needs to look out for where the cash is coming from and how they feel about these issues. Say no to the industrial Prison Complex!?! Are you crazy, they are bank rolling my lifestyle...You guys have no clue.

Of course it's complicated...Because it has nothing to do with what's right, and everything about how it affects his cash flow and political status, and his political power.

And then on top of that he has to "PRETEND" he actually gives 2 shits about the public he's "supposedly" serving.

That's pretty complicated.

Dary
08-16-2013, 05:09 AM
If Christie had a daughter that suffered from that severe form of epilepsy, I wonder if he would deny her a life saving treatment.

Now that would be simple; simply evil.

Occam's Banana
08-16-2013, 08:18 AM
It's complicated because he has to watch out for the hands that feed him.

He needs to look out for where the cash is coming from and how they feel about these issues. Say no to the industrial Prison Complex!?! Are you crazy, they are bank rolling my lifestyle...You guys have no clue.

Of course it's complicated...Because it has nothing to do with what's right, and everything about how it affects his cash flow and political status, and his political power.

And then on top of that he has to "PRETEND" he actually gives 2 shits about the public he's "supposedly" serving.

That's pretty complicated.

No, that's pretty simple, too. Good and evil tend to be that way, when you really get down to it ...

osan
08-16-2013, 08:44 AM
Ugh, the way Christie bows up and starts bugging his eyes out at that poor guy reminds me of a cop on a power trip.

It JUST occurred to me that had this been an anti-gun issue holding the same "complexities", that low-rent fat slob pimp would be the first to say, "if it saves just one life it's worth it and it's my duty to sign".

Think of the children. But not this one, of course.

Christie and all other people like him are motivated by little more than their blindly flailing and grasping avarice. They pull out
"principle" when it serves their interests and ignore it otherwise. As far as I am concerned they do not qualify as human beings. I will not go so far as to say they should be hunted and killed because that steers us into waters in which men like Stalin and Mao have taken us before and we all know where that lead. So I must put away my ire and be a better man than that. I will, however, say that they should be brought before a court of their betters and given their fair trial. In the event of conviction, they should be relegated to a dank hole for many years of hard labor and isolation. Their chains should lay heavily upon them and the world should see it as a reminder of the rightful fate of all tyrants and political criminals like him.

Give me the reigns for but a short while and I would empty the prisons of all non-violent inmates and fill them up again starting with the lords and minions of the federal government, working my way down to the town dog catcher.

No more, I say.

Lucille
08-16-2013, 11:01 AM
It JUST occurred to me that had this been an anti-gun issue holding the same "complexities", that low-rent fat slob pimp would be the first to say, "if it saves just one life it's worth it and it's my duty to sign".

Think of the children. But not this one, of course.

Great point!

Dary
08-16-2013, 02:15 PM
No edibles for adults?

Christie, are you a doctor?

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
08-16-2013, 02:25 PM

That was some real condescending shit.

And they need 3 doctors for something? I find it hard to find a single useful doctor, let alone 3.

surf
08-16-2013, 02:27 PM
miserable f#cking asshole.

if this prick runs for President i'm all-in against him

Lucille
08-16-2013, 02:43 PM
Christie decided to complicate things even more.

NJ’s Christie Splits the Difference on Medical Marijuana
http://reason.com/24-7/2013/08/16/njs-christie-splits-the-difference-on-me

Gov. Chris Christie has agreed to give chronically ill children easier access to medical marijuana.

However, the governor conditionally vetoed a bill on the issue because it goes further than he was willing to go.

"As I have repeatedly noted, I believe that parents, and not government regulators, are best suited to decide how to care for their children," Christie said in a statement. "Protection of our children remains my utmost concern, and my heart goes out to those children and their families who are suffering with serious illnesses. Today, I am making commonsense recommendations to this legislation to ensure sick children receive the treatment their parents prefer, while maintaining appropriate safeguards. I am calling on the Legislature to reconvene quickly and address these issues so that children in need can get the treatment they need."

Christie eases some rules on medical marijuana for kids, but conditionally vetoes bill
http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2013/08/christie_acts_on_bill_easing_medical_marijuana_res trictions_for_kids.html#incart_m-rpt-1

...Christie agreed to allow production of ingestible forms of pot at state-approved dispensaries and to allow dispensaries to grow more than three strains of the drug.

But he wants to leave a requirement that a psychiatrist and pediatrician sign off before children are allowed medical marijuana.

They would still need a third doctor's recommendation if one of the others is not registered in the program.

The bill was being pushed by parents of children with severe seizure disorders who say that children elsewhere have benefited from certain strains of marijuana.

It now goes back to the state Legislature.