PDA

View Full Version : Beck Inspired By Ashton Kutcher Speech

AuH20
08-14-2013, 10:42 PM
Every day, it seems like he's hitting home runs. This type of message must be communicated to the politically isolated! I like how he made the clear distinction between "liberal" and "progressive." I'm not going to lie. I hate progressives (the archetypes being Woodrow Wilson and Hillary Clinton). BUT Liberals I can hang around with since they generally aren't control freaks.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/08/14/something-is-happening-why-the-viral-ashton-kutcher-speech-gives-glenn-beck-so-much-hope/

That’s how Glenn Beck responded to Ashton Kutcher’s heartfelt speech on hard work and generosity at the Teen Choice Awards on Sunday that has absolutely taken the Internet by storm. After playing the speech on radio, Beck explained why it gave him so much hope.

“What he is saying here is the American position…” Beck said firmly. “How do we not agree? How is it that the people in the camp of Ashton Kutcher think that I’m the anti-Christ, and so many of us think he’s the anti-Christ?”

“Because they don’t listen,” Beck’s co-host Pat Gray said.

Beck said that it is crucial to understand the difference between liberal — which originally meant small government — and progressive. Progressives want “to control other people’s lives,” and liberals don’t, he said.

“We can join on many things on compassion,” Beck said. “We can join on Darfur. We can join on, let’s help the poor. Now we may not agree on all of the programs — unless, unless you are not a progressive — you are a small government person and saying, ‘Let’s find the capitalist ways.’”

“Let’s find the companies out there that want to take this on as a problem,” Beck elaborated. Let’s go find the people…Let’s go find the churches…Not through government policies. Not through handouts. Not through redistribution of wealth. Let’s go help!”

“You’ll get everybody on board,” Beck asserted, “because we’re not that far apart.”

QuickZ06
08-14-2013, 11:04 PM
Opportunity, silence. Sexy, massive cheers. And the third thing, build your own life, little cheers and claps......pretty sure this speech just flew over 99% of their heads.

AuH20
08-14-2013, 11:09 PM
Opportunity, silence. Sexy, massive cheers. And the third thing, build your own life, little cheers and claps......pretty sure this speech just flew over 99% of their heads.

That was rather scary to witness. What we're witnessing from a historical perspective is a hopelessly domesticated & shallow generation about to be thrown to the proverbial wolves. It reminds me of the offspring of certain zoo animals that cannot be reintegrated into the wild since they would die almost instantly. That's the audience at the TCA.

enhanced_deficit
08-14-2013, 11:10 PM
That figures. Like Beck , Ashton Kutcher and other Hollywood neecons tool Will Smith carry water for Israeli military that occupies Palestinians. Their movies were apparently being boycotted in mideast quarters along with Steven Speilberg's per wiki leaks. Beck is so fake biblical in in his mental illness aka war mongering.

An enlightening affair: Ashton Kutcher stumps for Obama (http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CCwQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fdailycaller.com%2F2011%2F10%2F12% 2Fan-enlightening-affair-ashton-kutcher-stumps-for-obama-after-sex%2F&ei=j5gMUqvGOurC2wXOxoDgBA&usg=AFQjCNHIEybMEdkzfKwv_eVV7hOGHtm1_w&bvm=bv.50723672,d.b2I)

fr33
08-14-2013, 11:23 PM
I've read before in the past that Ashton Kutcher is a prepper. He has things squared away for when the SHTF.

AuH20
08-14-2013, 11:26 PM
I've read before in the past that Ashton Kutcher is a prepper. He has things squared away for when the SHTF.

Nice find.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/12/29/ashton-kutcher-in-mens-fitness-preparing-for-armageddon_n_802210.html

"It won't take very much, I'm telling you. It will not take much for people to hit the panic button. The amount of convenience that people rely on based on electricity alone. You start taking out electricity and satellites, and people are going to lose their noodle. People don't have maps anymore. People use their iPhones or GPS systems, so if there's no electricity, nobody has maps."

And then what? The way Kutcher sees it, all chaos breaks.

"And people are going to go, 'That land's not yours, prove that it's yours,' and the only thing you have to prove it's yours is on an electric file. Then it's like, 'What's the value of currency, and whose food is whose?' People's alarm systems at their homes will no longer work. Neither will our heating, our garbage disposals, hot-water heaters that run on gas but depend on electricity - what happens when all our modern conveniences fail? I'm going to be ready to take myself and my family to a safe place where they don't have to worry."

ClydeCoulter
08-14-2013, 11:31 PM
The problem with Beck, is we are seeing a child learning in slow motion, and out loud.

edit: and you might see a bit of that with me :)

devil21
08-15-2013, 01:48 AM

Good point. The crowd reaction is what to pay attention to. Kutcher was spot on. Crowd was clueless. Fortunately they're still young and impressionable.....that goes both ways.

kcchiefs6465
08-15-2013, 01:51 AM
Here's the speech.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnDzy3s8lUw

devil21
08-15-2013, 02:11 AM
I could be mistaken but the video above seems to have a different crowd reaction than the video of his speech I watched earlier tonite on another forum. Kinda sounded like same cheer track replayed over and over in above video.

Video I watched earlier. Is volume of cheers manipulated between the two or am I tripping?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikPKUoz4Ex0

kcchiefs6465
08-15-2013, 02:19 AM
I could be mistaken but the video above seems to have a different crowd reaction than the video of his speech I watched earlier tonite on another forum. Kinda sounded like same cheer track replayed over and over in above video.
There were two cheers that sounded exactly the same at the beginning of the video.

"We love you Ashton" I think it was.

I wouldn't be surprised but don't care to watch the video twice to confirm it. Them fake cheering for superficial bullshit would also not surprise me though it wouldn't surprise me for some propagandized youths to cheer for sexiness and not education. They are fed that bullshit daily.

phill4paul
08-15-2013, 05:07 AM
Beck said. “We can join on Darfur.

What, exactly, is he saying "we" can agree on?

cajuncocoa
08-15-2013, 07:12 AM
The problem with Beck, is we are seeing a child learning in slow motion, and out loud.

Do you really think he's learning? How long do you think it will last?

cajuncocoa
08-15-2013, 07:16 AM
Remember this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51kAw4OTlA0

TruckinMike
08-15-2013, 07:48 AM

edit: and you might see a bit of that with me :)Its hard for me to believe that. I'm just waiting for the next attack and steer campaign to begin. Bahhaaah say his listeners- weeee wiiiillll faah-llow you where evaahhh ewe go.....baahaaaaa.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSNF2ZW076Xm3WMfaUJFqiz6OMrDe4p1 IP9J9EdvTkcDuzXqRB-ugShear me??? Nahhhh, he wouldn't do that!?!...Would he?... bbbaaaaaahhhaaa?

TomtheTinker
08-15-2013, 08:16 AM
That was rather scary to witness. What we're witnessing from a historical perspective is a hopelessly domesticated & shallow generation about to be thrown to the proverbial wolves. It reminds me of the offspring of certain zoo animals that cannot be reintegrated into the wild since they would die almost instantly. That's the audience at the TCA.

there still some wild boys left in the bunch so the the wolves can kiss my ass..I have a heart of a lion and am willing to bleed to the last drop for a spec of freedom. Idc if the current lollypop society we live in will look diwn upon my primitive thoughts.

Athan
Beck is the type that gets lost in a circular room.

donnay
Remember this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51kAw4OTlA0

Oh yes I do. Great propaganda is great propaganda. I wonder if Demi Moore is still being a good little servant for Obama? Too bad she is too stupid to understand it is the other way around. :rolleyes:

BlackTerrel
08-16-2013, 07:29 PM
That figures. Like Beck , Ashton Kutcher and other Hollywood neecons tool Will Smith carry water for Israeli military that occupies Palestinians. Their movies were apparently being boycotted in mideast quarters along with Steven Speilberg's per wiki leaks. Beck is so fake biblical in in his mental illness aka war mongering.

You have a single agenda focus.

Will Smith doesn't occupy Palestinians he blast space aliens.

twomp
08-17-2013, 12:46 AM

You guys do realize he was at the TEEN CHOICE AWARDS right? TEENS!! I'm sure you all were completely righteous and principled libertarians when you were teenagers ooh so long ago but as for me, I"ll be honest. When I was a teenager, I didn't give a shit about politics and the only reason I went to work was so I had money to go out and maybe meet some hot chicks.

Ashton Kutcher did all of us a favor by talking about the world and the value of hard work to these impressionable teenagers. He should be commended for it and those of you bitter because these teenagers weren't yelling loud enough need to take a break, step outside and breath some air. geez...

bolil
08-17-2013, 12:54 AM
Well, you stuttering sobbing twat, I only speak for myself and I consider you a piece of shit because you are very eager to drop bombs. Ashton Kutcher, really? Yeah, Beck, don't you have Mooooooslims to slander?

Glenn Beck, a regular bastion of liberty. A real agitator for humanity (So long as it is the Israeli verson) Inspired by Ashton Kutcher. Well, fuck it, lets celebrate a spade finally calling itself a spade. Punked, durrr.

Cap
08-17-2013, 06:41 AM
OP, why do you insist on trying to shove Beck down the throats of the forum members?

CaptLouAlbano
08-17-2013, 06:55 AM
OP, why do you insist on trying to shove Beck down the throats of the forum members?

Beck, along with Rush, Hannity, Levin, Doyle and others have large audiences that listen to their programs every day. As political activists, it is helpful for us to know the issues these talk show hosts are covering, as their opinions can sway the opinions of their listeners, and their coverage of issues can mean that the voters are interested in particular issues. The more we are informed about what is being covered on talk radio, the better equipped we are as activists to engage voters on issues.

PSYOP
08-17-2013, 06:55 AM
These stupid teenagers didn't hear a word out of this mans mouth, all they did was scream every time his mouth moved.

CaptLouAlbano
08-17-2013, 06:58 AM
These stupid teenagers didn't hear a word out of this mans mouth, all they did was scream every time his mouth moved.

I have three grandchildren that are "stupid teenagers", they watched the show live, as they do every year. They were really impressed with Kutcher's speech and have shared it with others on Tumblr. Perhaps, teenagers are not as stupid as you might think.

Cap
08-17-2013, 07:04 AM
Beck, along with Rush, Hannity, Levin, Doyle and others have large audiences that listen to their programs every day. As political activists, it is helpful for us to know the issues these talk show hosts are covering, as their opinions can sway the opinions of their listeners, and their coverage of issues can mean that the voters are interested in particular issues. The more we are informed about what is being covered on talk radio, the better equipped we are as activists to engage voters on issues.So, we can count on you to condem Beck when he talks about...say...shooting Gitmo prisoners in the head?

CaptLouAlbano
08-17-2013, 07:08 AM
So, we can count on you to condem Beck when he talks about...say...shooting Gitmo prisoners in the head?

Sure, if he, or anyone else, says something I disagree with, I listen (or read) the context and if I am in disagreement, I have no problem saying so. Doesn't really address the point I made, but I hope I answered your question.

Cap
08-17-2013, 07:10 AM
Sure, if he, or anyone else, says something I disagree with, I listen (or read) the context and if I am in disagreement, I have no problem saying so. Doesn't really address the point I made, but I hope I answered your question.So you disavow what he said about executing the Gitmo peeps?

CaptLouAlbano
08-17-2013, 07:15 AM
So you disavow what he said about executing the Gitmo peeps?

Find the clip or the text of it and I will have a look at it. I don't recall the exact statement.

CaptLouAlbano
08-17-2013, 07:33 AM
I found it. The discussion was about Gitmo prisoners, essentially starving themselves and the White House trying to figure out what to do about it stating that they cannot let them starve to death, but that they cannot force feed them. Beck's producer said that there are two options, either let them starve which is a painful slow death or to shoot them in the head (the implication being that is a more humane way to die)

A few minutes later on the topic Beck said, "We can't let them starve themselves to death? Damn right we can. We can also shoot them in the head, which is the other option and the one I'm for. SHOOT THEM. But, the other is let them starve to death and I'm totally fine with that. I don't want to starve anybody myself...but if they want to starve themselves to death, let them."

So the "shoot them" comment by Beck was way uncalled for and he was wrong for saying that. However, I do agree with him that if the Gitmo prisoners want to starve themselves, then they should be allowed to do so. Provide them food for them, but if they choose not to eat, then let them make that choice.

For this interested in hearing the segment it is the first 10 minutes of this program:

https://soundcloud.com/glennbeck/the-glenn-beck-program-07-09

Cap
08-17-2013, 08:03 AM
So the "shoot them" comment by Beck was way uncalled for and he was wrong for saying that. However, I do agree with him that if the Gitmo prisoners want to starve themselves, then they should be allowed to do so. Provide them food for them, but if they choose not to eat, then let them make that choice.
Then you are a better man than Beck.

A Son of Liberty
08-17-2013, 08:29 AM
Then you are a better man than Beck.

Missing from either of their comments of course was the option that maybe they should just be allowed to, you know, go home.

Cap
08-17-2013, 08:35 AM
Missing from either of their comments of course was the option that maybe they should just be allowed to, you know, go home.Totally agree.

ClydeCoulter
08-17-2013, 09:42 AM
Do you really think he's learning? How long do you think it will last?

Not sure, but he's like a baby bouncing from one thing to another, no consistency, just trying things and crying when it hurts. But it's out in public. Not sure the metaphor fits reality, but the show.

COpatriot
08-17-2013, 09:48 AM
Not sure, but he's like a baby bouncing from one thing to another, no consistency, just trying things and crying when it hurts. But it's out in public. Not sure the metaphor fits reality, but the show.

I said something similar in another thread, but Beck seems to have some issues stemming from his past heavy coke use and drinking, this being one of them.