PDA

View Full Version : Gospel singer, and ex-gay, Donnie McClurkin "uninvited" from civil rights concert

jmdrake
08-14-2013, 01:51 PM
https://socialcam.com/videos/4qpsjOT1?autostart=true&fs=twitter&fsk=HxtY9csF&no_fb_log=true&error=access_denied&error_code=200&error_description=Permissions+error&error_reason=user_denied#_=_

Okay folks. Please forget any prejudice and/or preconceived notions you might have against "ex gays" before responding. Yes, sadly we live in a culture today where I have to say that. This nation has swung full pendulum away from persecuting gays to now persecuting Christians who say they used to be gay. In Donnie's case, he believes his homosexual tendencies were cause by being molested by two older relatives. And he believes he was delivered, by God, from that. He's never to my knowledge bashed gays or even spoken out against gay marriage. But that's not good enough for some people. The hatred for singer and pastor McClurkin started in 2007 when radical liberals wanted Obama to distance himself from Donnie. Obama eventually did disavow Donnie in 2008 (http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2008/05/obamas-inabilit/), blaming his staff for not "properly vetting" the singer. That didn't stop Donnie from supporting Obama, even defending Obama on the gay marriage issue as late as 2013 (http://theyolandaadamsmorningshow.com/497420/donnie-mcclurkin-defends-obama/). (Like I said, Donnie has never voiced opposition to gay marriage). And his "thanks?" Well now the mayor of D.C. has "uninvited" Donnie from singing at a civil rights commemorative concert. Now one might say "Well it's the mayor of D.C. that did this, not Obama." But if Obama stood for Donnie the way Donnie has stood for Obama the D.C. mayor wouldn't have done this. We are rapidly becoming a nation where even Christians who express their own personal belief in what God did for them are labelled "bigots." It's a travesty and a shame. And before someone gives me some crap about "When did you choose to be straight", know that there are some gays who openly state that they chose to be gay. Maybe that's not true for all. But if it is true for some then there are people like Donnie who can, by the power of God, or the power of brain plasticity, choose another lifestyle. And even if Donnie is "wrong" and has just "suppressed" who he is, isn't that his right? Why is his personal testimony a problem for anyone?

jkr
08-14-2013, 02:09 PM
"diversity!"

"tolerance!"

bullshit!!

Acala
08-14-2013, 02:11 PM
He supported Obama? He deserves what he gets.

fr33
08-14-2013, 02:25 PM
This nation has swung full pendulum away from persecuting gays to now persecuting Christians who say they used to be gay.

Uninviting a guest isn't persecution.

Smart3
08-14-2013, 02:38 PM
Being an 'ex-gay' isn't the issue, the issue is that he furthers the stereotype that gay people were all abused as children and that's why most people are gay.

Now obviously I don't know what goes on in the man's head, but from my perspective, he's a confused bisexual at best and at worst is a lying homosexual.

jmdrake
08-14-2013, 03:05 PM

Blackballing is. And this wasn't a private affair. It's state action so that is persecution.

TruckinMike
08-14-2013, 03:08 PM
//

jmdrake
08-14-2013, 03:22 PM
Being an 'ex-gay' isn't the issue, the issue is that he furthers the stereotype that gay people were all abused as children and that's why most people are gay.

Nonsense. Though I've come to expect such poor logic from you. If someone says they became blind from diabetes that doesn't mean that everyone who became blind had diabetes. By the same token someone saying their sexual issues stemmed from abuse doesn't mean that everyone with confused sexuality was abused. And this isn't simply a "stereotype." It's a scientific observation that gays are more likely to have been sexually abused as children than the general population.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1046/j.1525-1497.1997.012004250.x/pdf

Besides, it's beyond stupid to attack pastor McClurkin for simply giving his own testimony and experience even if he is wrong. (The science suggests that he isn't).

Now obviously I don't know what goes on in the man's head, but from my perspective, he's a confused bisexual at best and at worst is a lying homosexual.

You certainly have your own right to your own flawed opinion. But the mayor of D.C., a public official, does not have the right to abuse his office like that. And there is a whole organization of people who claim to be gay by choice. http://http://www.*****bychoice.com/. I guess you think their all lying too. Or they're confused because they don't believe the same way you do. Again, it's your right to be arrogant and think you know more than they do about their own minds. But it's not right to attack them or Donnie as being some kind of "bigots" just because they take a position that, while supported by science (including the American Psychological Association which several years ago backed away from the "all gays are born that way position), doesn't agree with your politically motivated views.

jmdrake
08-14-2013, 03:24 PM
He supported Obama? He deserves what he gets.

Well I once supported Clinton and Kerry. And many people here once supported Bush. Let he who has never supported someone unworthy of support cast the first stone. ;) I'm hoping that as this news goes out, other Obama supporters may rethink their positions.

Christian Liberty
08-27-2013, 09:01 PM

"Persecution" and "OMG Government needs to get involved" aren't always the same thing.

Paulbot99
08-27-2013, 09:36 PM
It is a sad day when a guy is censured for the way he handles his own sexuality and it's done in the name of "tolerance".

ThePenguinLibertarian
08-27-2013, 11:47 PM

is that any of your business