PDA

View Full Version : Why Have Police In America Turned Into Such Ruthless Thugs?

DamianTV
08-14-2013, 05:21 AM
http://zen-haven.com/why-have-police-in-america-turned-into-such-ruthless-thugs/

http://zen-haven.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/images8-150x150.jpeg

Once upon a time, the police were one of the most respected institutions in America, but now most Americans fear them.

Almost every single day there are multiple stories of police brutality or misconduct that make the national news. Just this week, there have been stories about police killing a baby deer at an animal shelter, about police killing a 95-year-old World War II veteran in a retirement home, and about police using legal technicalities to “legally” steal massive amounts of money from innocent citizens.

Why are police acting like this? Why have police in America turned into such ruthless thugs? In the case of the baby deer that was killed, 13 armed agents stormed the animal shelter up in Wisconsin where it was being cared for. Is this really the kind of country that we want our children to grow up in?

A country where Bambi is hunted down by armed thugs working for the government? Sadly, the story about that deer is not an isolated incident. The truth is that police all over the country kill animals every single day. In fact, police in Chicago have shot 488 animals since 2008. No wonder people are so afraid to have the police come to their homes.

Increasingly, police departments all over the United States are being transformed into military-style units. These days, even very minor violations of the law can result in a SWAT team raid. The following is from a recent article by John Whitehead of the Rutherford Institute…

Consider that in 1980, there were roughly 3,000 SWAT team-style raids in the US. By 2001, that number had grown to 45,000 and has since swelled to more than 80,000 SWAT team raids per year. On an average day in America, over 100 Americans have their homes raided by SWAT teams.

In fact, there are few communities without a SWAT team on their police force today. In 1984, 25.6 percent of towns with populations between 25,000 and 50,000 people had a SWAT team. That number rose to 80 percent by 2005.

But it is not just local police departments that are being militarized. This is happening on the federal level as well. In fact, according to Whitehead even the Department of Education and NASA now have their own SWAT teams…

When it comes to SWAT-style tactics being used in routine policing, the federal government is one of the largest offenders, with multiple agencies touting their own SWAT teams, including the US Fish and Wildlife Service, Consumer Product Safety Commission, NASA, the Department of Education, the Department of Health and Human Services, the US National Park Service, and the FDA.

What in the world does NASA need a SWAT team for?

The police culture in America has fundamentally changed. In the old days, most police officers were extremely helpful and would give you directions or help you get your cat out of a tree.

But if you stop and ask a police officer for help today, you will be lucky if all you get is some dirty language. These days, police all over the nation are actually being trained to bark orders at you and to respond to the least bit of resistance with overwhelming force.

The results of this kind of training can often be extremely tragic. Just the other day, a 95-year-old World War II veteran living in a retirement home near Chicago was murdered by police just because he did not want to undergo high-risk surgery…

A 95-year-old man who served his country during World War II is now dead after police stormed his retirement home with riot shields, Tasered him and shot him with bean bag rounds – all because he adamantly refused to undergo high-risk surgery.

U.S. Army Air Corps veteran John Wrana, who was honorably discharged as a sergeant after he served in the India-Burma campaign, used a walker because family members said he was “wobbly” on his feet, according to the Chicago Tribune. The elderly veteran was shot down by enemy fire during the war.

On July 26, a doctor reportedly told Wrana if he survived surgery, he would likely be put on life support. The elderly man refused the operation, and paramedics attempted to involuntarily transport him for medical treatment. He was sitting in a chair, holding a cane and a shoe horn when police arrived at the Victory Centre senior living facility located just south of Chicago.

Why did the police have to act like that?

Is there any police officer out there that cannot physically handle a 95-year-old man?

That 95-year-old veteran survived fighting the Japanese, but he was not able to survive the thuggish behavior of our own police.

Tod
08-14-2013, 05:52 AM
Why did the police have to act like that?

Because, in order to be a policeman of the future, you have to past the prerequisite tests today.

Anti Federalist
08-14-2013, 06:06 AM
Compliance.

That is what it is all about now, in the "land of the free".

You will comply, you will comply now, with no backtalk or static.

tod evans
08-14-2013, 06:09 AM
When politicians and prosecutors are permitted to declare war on any segment of society it logically follows they will require warriors to wage that war.

In order to continue profiting from a "war" the appropriate rhetoric must be force-fed to the populace and that requires state sanctioned propaganda.

"Thug-cops" are the all to visible tentacle of a much larger monster....

tod evans
08-14-2013, 06:10 AM
Compliance.

Comply with whom?

For what reason?

TonySutton
08-14-2013, 06:17 AM
Training, it is really that simple. Which begs to ask, who is pushing the militaristic training? Is it a conspiracy or simply a natural progression?

tod evans
08-14-2013, 06:19 AM
Training, it is really that simple. Which begs to ask, who is pushing the militaristic training? Is it a conspiracy or simply a natural progression?

Wars require warriors....

fisharmor
08-14-2013, 06:59 AM
Is there any police officer out there that cannot physically handle a 95-year-old man?

This is the most depressing sentence in the article.
For all the good in it, it still ends with this sentence, leaving the reader with the impression that it's still the cops' job to "handle a 95-year-old man".

I'm glad people are asking questions about cops, but we're still a long way away from the answer.

Cleaner44
08-14-2013, 07:18 AM

It is the training and it needs to change. Serving and protecting is not a part of the equation, compliance is. Well the cops can blow me because I don't work for them. They are not my superiors. I feel lucky that my local police department doesn't seem to have a problem... at least that I have seen yet.

SeanTX
08-14-2013, 07:34 AM
The question should be "why have cops become ever MORE thuggish"? They've always been bad, though they seem to have gotten noticeably worse in the past decade, or more arrogant at least. Back in the days of "Officer Friendly" there were no dash cams (sometimes the video doesn't get "lost") , no cell phones with video, and there was no internet to spread the word of their bad behavior. So a lot of horrible injustices never saw the light of day, or got buried on page A22 of the local newspaper.

Back in the "good old days" if Officer Friendly and his buddies didn't like the look of you they could beat you half to death and then dump you in a swamp to drown -- and get away with it (read "The Murder of Joe Campos" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Joe_Campos_Torres ). I hate to imagine how many people were murdered or falsely imprisoned by cops over the years -- it has to be in the hundreds of thousands. And back then there were no busy bodies like Radley Balko and no internet to bring it to national attention.

I don't remember cops back in the 70s routinely shooting dogs, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen, maybe it did and always has and didn't started to be noticed until recently (I didn't know about it until I started reading Balko's blog).

Mani
08-14-2013, 07:53 AM

Agreed with others said and also one more thing...

Its about money.

More swat team needs, more federal money comes rolling in. More arrests more higher numbers means they can justify federal grants, buy new toys, get stuff from tne military.....it becomes a cycle...the money rolling in adds more inventive to keep beefing up swat teams...and on and on.

Im even 100% sure when these idiots occassionally shoot each other while shooting down snoopy, they use those "in the line of fire" injuries to justify buying tanks and battering rams...and in comes more federal money and toys.

WM_in_MO
08-14-2013, 09:24 AM
Compliance.

I had a conversation with my parents last evening. We were discussing the lockdown that happened in their district today.

I brought up the raisin farmer who refused to give up his crop during the discussion. They had read the story and they agreed how wrong it was but they had no idea how to stop it or why it was allowed to happen (old laws being on the books, etc)

I simply told them it comes down to this:

Nobody has used force to stop them. That is the bottom line.

The first time they show up and tell you nicely whats going to happen, (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqSJKPW9-tA) the next time they show up with officers, after that they will burn everything you have and kill you.

All to achieve compliance.

The best part, they seemed to agree with me. :D

shane77m
08-14-2013, 09:39 AM
Nobody has used force to stop them. That is the bottom line.

Sounds like that would be a good job for the militias to protect those that cannot protect themselves.

I imagine that most people don't use force to stop the thugs is because they feel they have too much to lose. When someone does decide to use force they will painted as being the bad guys. And public opinion will probably be swayed to thinking that the enforcers are in the right.

WM_in_MO
08-14-2013, 09:43 AM
Sounds like that would be a good job for the militias to protect those that cannot protect themselves.

I imagine that most people don't use force to stop the thugs is because they feel they have too much to lose. When someone does decide to use force they will painted as being the bad guys. And public opinion will probably be swayed to thinking that the enforcers are in the right.

You are dead on. We need to continue educating our friends and families that the way things are NOW is just plain WRONG. Not only is non-compliance ok, it should be applauded.

pcosmar
08-14-2013, 09:45 AM
Why?
Seriously ,,you are asking why an authoritarian institution is acting in an authoritarian manner?

Police should not exist in a free society.
Simply not exist. The concept of police is the very opposite of liberty.

http://www.constitution.org/lrev/roots/cops.htm

The question should have stopped at "Why have police in America?".

Anti Federalist
08-14-2013, 12:48 PM
Comply with whom?

For what reason?

We all know the reason...

Pericles
08-14-2013, 03:28 PM

The collision course has been set.