PDA

View Full Version : Internet Voting in IA & NH

mstrmac1
11-27-2007, 10:37 PM
Is this right?

http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/The_Next_Bomb_For_Ron_Paul_Iowa_and_New_Hampshire_ to_Add_Internet_Voting

Mark Rushmore
11-27-2007, 10:42 PM
IMHO that would hurt us. Our biggest advantage is in the energy and commitment of our base versus the random "Rudy, I guess" crowd. If thousands of the same people filling those polls just hop on to vote their same reflexive answer online - I don't think it will help us.

But on a larger note, it's obviously a good idea if done right. Although questions about equality of voting rights might come around when comparing homebound folk with internet to homebound folk without, etc... who knows.

mstrmac1
11-27-2007, 10:47 PM
IMHO that would hurt us. Our biggest advantage is in the energy and commitment of our base versus the random "Rudy, I guess" crowd. If thousands of the same people filling those polls just hop on to vote their same reflexive answer online - I don't think it will help us.

But on a larger note, it's obviously a good idea if done right. Although questions about equality of voting rights might come around when comparing homebound folk with internet to homebound folk without, etc... who knows.

I totally disagree we already have a strangle hold on online voting. IMHO i think most of our voters are younger and some wont even make it to the polls because they were hung over, couldnt get a ride, forgot. etc...

jpinkerton
11-27-2007, 10:54 PM
DO NOT ELECTRONICALLY VOTE. It is WAY too easy to manipulate votes AS IS, why would you assume that eletconic voting is any harder to manipulate?

AlexMerced
11-27-2007, 11:01 PM
an electronic vote is better than no vote is push comes to shove, this might make it easier for the youth to vote which is to our advantage. The typical non-voter is to lazy to even vote online, they usally don't even know when election day is.

bbachtung
11-27-2007, 11:14 PM
This is satire; read the part about non-reducable quoroms and the NetWeb Committee.

Goldwater Conservative
11-27-2007, 11:18 PM

Exactly. Paul may be considered the "Internet candidate", but I think he'd actually do worse if the election was held online where any schmoe could click for the guy he knows best or whose commercial he most liked.

Besides, I believe that any form of voting that doesn't have a paper trail should be immediately rejected in a representative democracy.