PDA

View Full Version : Kerry: Internet 'Makes It Much Harder to Govern'

green73
08-13-2013, 06:58 PM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/514nQV4VSbL._SY346_PJlook-inside-v2,TopRight,1,0_SH20_.jpg
America's Secret Establishment
An Introduction to the Order of Skull & Bones (http://www.amazon.com/Americas-Secret-Establishment-Introduction-Order/dp/0972020748)

Speaking to State Department personnel at the U.S. Embassy in Brasilia, Brazil, on Tuesday, Secretary of State John Kerry said that "this little thing called the Internet ... makes it much harder to govern."

He also said that "ever since the end of the Cold War, forces have been unleashed that were tamped down for centuries by dictators."

"I’m a student of history, and I love to go back and read a particularly great book like [Henry] Kissinger’s book about diplomacy where you think about the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries and the balance of power and how difficult it was for countries to advance their interests and years and years of wars," Kerry said to a gathering of State Department employees and their families.

"And we sometimes say to ourselves, boy, aren’t we lucky," Kerry continued.

"Well, folks," he said, "ever since the end of the Cold War, forces have been unleashed that were tamped down for centuries by dictators, and that was complicated further by this little thing called the internet and the ability of people everywhere to communicate instantaneously and to have more information coming at them in one day than most people can process in months or a year.

"It makes it much harder to govern, makes it much harder to organize people, much harder to find the common interest," said Kerry, "and that is complicated by a rise of sectarianism and religious extremism that is prepared to employ violent means to impose on other people a way of thinking and a way of living that is completely contrary to everything the United States of America has ever stood for. So we need to keep in mind what our goals are and how complicated this world is that we’re operating in."

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/john-kerry-little-thing-called-internet-makes-it-much-harder-govern

Meet John Kerry, Skull and Bones Ambassador

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tc27LEa-QOM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tc27LEa-QOM

GunnyFreedom
08-13-2013, 07:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJxCdh1Ps48
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJxCdh1Ps48

Sola_Fide
08-13-2013, 07:00 PM
Don't worry. They will shut it down and control it soon.

Christian Liberty
08-13-2013, 07:02 PM
Don't worry. They will shut it down and control it soon.

I know they would, but can they? Its not working in China.

Part of me fears that they'll find a way...

Petar
08-13-2013, 07:04 PM
Nice.

I've always said that the internet is like the second Gutenberg press, an un-bottled genie, and precisely the thing that is going to enable the continuation and fulfillment of the age of enlightenment.

Look at how John Kerry spins it to mean that these forces represent "religious sectarians who are against America".

John Kerry knows perfectly well that the real "religious sectarians" are the elite who practice occultism as a means of organizing to overturn Constitutional government.

Interest times indeed when you hear them describe for themselves how difficult their own situation has become!

Carson
08-13-2013, 07:05 PM
"Kerry: Internet 'Makes It Much Harder to Govern'"

I'm thinking that would depend on your style of governing.

If your open and upfront, it could help spread the word to the people that might want to follow your leadership.

If your sneaking it in, to stick it to the unwary from behind, I suppose it could really tip people off to what you were up too.

jkob
08-13-2013, 07:05 PM
im not sure wtf Kerry is talking about. What forces is he talking about that have been held down for centuries by dictators?

Petar
08-13-2013, 07:07 PM
im not sure wtf Kerry is talking about. What forces is he talking about that have been held down for centuries by dictators?

Political awareness, cognition of national and individual self-interest.

Awareness of the fact that assholes like him arrange all things on behalf of a global shadow government.

JustinTime
08-13-2013, 07:09 PM

The spread of ideas and information.

I know they would, but can they? Its not working in China.

Part of me fears that they'll find a way...

I have dreaded it for about a decade. I think there are several strategies that could be used to clamp down on the internet.

A) Make everyone use their real names, no anonymity, and thus expression of controversial ideas will effect make real life difficult. Your friends, your family, even your boss will be in your face because you are one of "those crazy people".
B) Make examples by punishment of "bullies", then slowly expand the definition of "bully" to anyone with a non-sanctioned opinion. But hey, its for the kids.
C) "Ties". Visit a site were a terrorists has visited, even if you didn't discuss harming anyone and had no idea who else had visited, viola, you now have "ties to terrorism/anti-government groups/white supremacists/child molestors or whatever boogeyman scares the bejesus out of enough people to allow your arrest.

None of that could completely shut it down, nothing will at this point, but those 3 things could make free expression a good deal tougher.

John of Des Moines
08-13-2013, 07:18 PM
Didn't Senator Rockafeller say the same thing? Just the elites being pissy that their plan to control the word via the internet backfired on them.

AuH20
08-13-2013, 07:25 PM
In the past, certain controversial books were kept off the shelves or altogether limited. That's not the case anymore. You can get Anthony Sutton on PDF!

fisharmor
08-13-2013, 07:27 PM
He should spend some time on the internet.
Maybe after a while he'd come to the conclusion that even though he may genuinely think he's doing this for our benefit because he genuinely thinks he's a genuinely nice guy, more and more people are getting wise to the fact that we don't need him ordering us around any more than we need the extra holes in our heads that he's perfectly willing to give us for not listening.

Then, maybe, he'd realize that half of us already eat ketchup on a fairly regular basis, so why the fuck does he feel the need to tell us what to do, anyway?

Paulbot99
08-13-2013, 07:44 PM
A global cyber attack will happen and they will take the opportunity to tear the internet down and rebuild it in their own image to make it "safe". It's only a matter of getting people scared enough.

fr33
08-13-2013, 07:47 PM
They want you to be ignorant and quiet.

heavenlyboy34
08-13-2013, 07:48 PM
Maybe after a while he'd come to the conclusion that even though he may genuinely think he's doing this for our benefit because he genuinely thinks he's a genuinely nice guy, more and more people are getting wise to the fact that we don't need him ordering us around any more than we need the extra holes in our heads that he's perfectly willing to give us for not listening.

Then, maybe, he'd realize that half of us already eat ketchup on a fairly regular basis, so why the fuck does he feel the need to tell us what to do, anyway?
He'd also find that a lot of people spend far too much time posting stupid things on teh interwebz. :D

Kotin
08-13-2013, 07:48 PM
Good. Fuck you.

bunklocoempire
08-13-2013, 08:45 PM
Kerry previously on information, fear, fear & freedom:

“We have an electorate that doesn't always pay that much attention to what's going on so people are influenced by a simple slogan rather than the facts or truth or what's happening.” ―John Kerry

“If you don't believe...Saddam Hussein is a threat with nuclear weapons, then you shouldn't vote for me.”
―John Kerry

I believe America's best days are ahead of us because I believe that the future belongs to freedom, not to fear.
―John Kerry

What a dope an obviously deceitful and evil man.

Carson
08-13-2013, 08:53 PM
Didn't Senator Rockafeller say the same thing? Just the elites being pissy that their plan to control the word via the internet backfired on them.

They still have unlimited funds.

No matter how much hard earned money the, We the People of the world can gather together to build their world the way they want, others inside and outside of the country have the ability to fire up the fake money presses and print up what ever amount it takes to get their way.

green73
08-13-2013, 08:55 PM

He's a foot soldier for the oligarchy.

DamianTV
08-13-2013, 09:10 PM
What Kerry really wants is people to stop thinking for themselves, or hear about conclusions that are not made for them.

angelatc
08-13-2013, 09:14 PM
WHo cares what a disgruntled ex-veteran says? It's just political theater - he drives people away with his antics.

AuH20
08-13-2013, 09:18 PM
I would waterboard one of these guys in 2 seconds. And I would sit there with a pad and paper. I'd want a long confession.

philipped
08-13-2013, 09:22 PM
The spread of ideas and information.

I have dreaded it for about a decade. I think there are several strategies that could be used to clamp down on the internet.

A) Make everyone use their real names, no anonymity, and thus expression of controversial ideas will effect make real life difficult. Your friends, your family, even your boss will be in your face because you are one of "those crazy people".
B) Make examples by punishment of "bullies", then slowly expand the definition of "bully" to anyone with a non-sanctioned opinion. But hey, its for the kids.
C) "Ties". Visit a site were a terrorists has visited, even if you didn't discuss harming anyone and had no idea who else had visited, viola, you now have "ties to terrorism/anti-government groups/white supremacists/child molestors or whatever boogeyman scares the bejesus out of enough people to allow your arrest.

None of that could completely shut it down, nothing will at this point, but those 3 things could make free expression a good deal tougher.
Yeah, that looks like it COULD happen. I hope it doesn't tho.

green73
08-13-2013, 09:28 PM
I would waterboard one of these guys in 2 seconds. And I would sit there with a pad and paper. I'd want a long confession.

Because waterboarding works, right?

AuH20
08-13-2013, 09:33 PM
Because waterboarding works, right?

In some cases, yes. Kerry is a soft-handed elite who has been responsible for much carnage. He'd probably break easily. Since he doesn't respect human dignity, I wouldn't respect his. It's that simple.

DGambler
08-13-2013, 09:43 PM
Oh boo fucking hoo Kerry... Eat shit.

GunnyFreedom
08-13-2013, 11:53 PM
WHo cares what a disgruntled ex-veteran says? It's just political theater - he drives people away with his antics.

He replaced Hillary Clinton as Secretary of State.

limequat
08-14-2013, 07:01 AM
In some cases, yes. Kerry is a soft-handed elite who has been responsible for much carnage. He'd probably break easily. Since he doesn't respect human dignity, I wouldn't respect his. It's that simple.

Torture produces bad intelligence. This is how we got into Iraq...and it was INTENTIONAL.
That said, it wouldn't hurt my feelings if someone accidently pulled Kerry's fingernails out with a pair of rusty pliers.

limequat
08-14-2013, 07:03 AM
It makes it much harder to govern, makes it much harder to organize people, much harder to find the common interest, and that is complicated by a rise of sectarianism and religious extremism that is prepared to employ violent means to impose on other people a way of thinking and a way of living that is completely contrary to everything the United States of America has ever stood for. So we need to keep in mind what our goals are and how complicated this world is that we’re operating in.

I'm sorry. He's talking about HIMSELF here right? Because for a minute I thought he was talking about somebody else.

Philhelm
08-14-2013, 07:21 AM

This. He already has the life that the vast majority of people in the world could never even imagine, but it is not enough for him.

Philhelm
08-14-2013, 07:21 AM

This. He already has the life that the vast majority of people in the world could never even imagine, but it is not enough for him.

CaptUSA
08-14-2013, 10:47 AM
Remove the word "govern" and replace it with "control". To these people, there is no difference.

Why is his life not enough for him? Easy. It's about control. These people always want more control. They can never have enough. They have an over-riding need to "govern". Yep. You get it. They convince themselves of their own altruism. They want to "govern" better than anyone else has ever "governed" before!

Austrian Econ Disciple
08-14-2013, 11:31 AM
Kerry: The internet makes it so it's much harder for me to get away lying so often. I'm not Baghdad Bob, I swear.

Contumacious
08-14-2013, 11:36 AM
[CENTER]"Well, folks," he said, "ever since the end of the Cold War, forces have been unleashed that were tamped down for centuries by dictators, and that was complicated further by this little thing called the internet and the ability of people everywhere to communicate instantaneously and to have more information coming at them in one day than most people can process in months or a year

Yes, indeed.

They can no longer deceive us.

Pre-cyberspace , the government controlled media would treat us like mushrooms , in the dark and fed bullshit.

Long live the LIBERTARIAN CYBERSPACE.

Philhelm
08-14-2013, 11:58 AM
Torture produces bad intelligence.

I would not even bother to ask him any questions, and I would use much more than water, of that I can assure you.

specsaregood
08-14-2013, 12:03 PM

does waterboarding work on reptilians?

GunnyFreedom
08-14-2013, 03:35 PM
does waterboarding work on reptilians?

They are cold blooded, not anaerobic, so I would presume yes. However, they may have places/areas they can breathe from other than their mouth/nostrils, so some experimentation is required.

Seraphim
08-14-2013, 03:40 PM
Exactly right.

Nice.

I've always said that the internet is like the second Gutenberg press, an un-bottled genie, and precisely the thing that is going to enable the continuation and fulfillment of the age of enlightenment.

Look at how John Kerry spins it to mean that these forces represent "religious sectarians who are against America".

John Kerry knows perfectly well that the real "religious sectarians" are the elite who practice occultism as a means of organizing to overturn Constitutional government.

Interest times indeed when you hear them describe for themselves how difficult their own situation has become!