PDA

View Full Version : Angry Wasps in Afghanistan - A lesson for us all?

green73
08-13-2013, 06:40 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VSBhVLcaOg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VSBhVLcaOg

heavenlyboy34
08-13-2013, 06:47 PM
And here I was expecting something about pissed off White Anglo Saxon Protestants. :/

Origanalist
08-13-2013, 10:44 PM
And here I was expecting something about pissed off White Anglo Saxon Protestants. :/

I was too...but I'm really glad I wasn't holding that camera.

heavenlyboy34
08-13-2013, 10:54 PM
I was too...but I'm really glad I wasn't holding that camera.Tripods FTW. :D :cool:

Origanalist
08-13-2013, 11:02 PM
Tripods FTW. :D :cool:

Lol, that's fairly obvious. I think even the tripod was tempted to bail. :eek:

oyarde
08-13-2013, 11:20 PM
I have a huge wasp population around the cottage in the woods , I finally began to wage war against them last sumer. Got home from work one night late , standing in the kitchen opening mail , one drops from the ceiling , stings me in the neck . It was on , next weekend , armed with three cans of death spray , I put up a body count of about 200 off the front porch. The Mrs was not home to supervise me , so of course I went over the edge , I snagged her straight pins and nailed the dead to the front rail while I could properly hold a beer on my neck , drink a beer and do damage assesment. This year the evil little fuckers must have remembered me mocking the dead ancestors , little blowback , got stung once in the corner of my eye while grilling , once more on the back of the neck ( ceiling drop again ) . So , I decided on winning hearts and minds , I talk nice to them while I search and destroy those little commie bastards now , any survivors ( there will be none , it is full on now, four stings , two summers ), I console them that there will be a nice little stingy bastard wasp re education camp for them ..

heavenlyboy34
08-13-2013, 11:32 PM
I have a huge wasp population around the cottage in the woods , I finally began to wage war against them last sumer. Got home from work one night late , standing in the kitchen opening mail , one drops from the ceiling , stings me in the neck . It was on , next weekend , armed with three cans of death spray , I put up a body count of about 200 off the front porch. The Mrs was not home to supervise me , so of course I went over the edge , I snagged her straight pins and nailed the dead to the front rail while I could properly hold a beer on my neck , drink a beer and do damage assesment. This year the evil little fuckers must have remembered me mocking the dead ancestors , little blowback , got stung once in the corner of my eye while grilling , once more on the back of the neck ( ceiling drop again ) . So , I decided on winning hearts and minds , I talk nice to them while I search and destroy those little commie bastards now , any survivors ( there will be none , it is full on now, four stings , two summers ), I console them that there will be a nice little stingy bastard wasp re education camp for them ..
Might be better to call in a pest/wasp control guy who knows how to fry the buggers.

Origanalist
08-13-2013, 11:43 PM
Might be better to call in a pest/wasp control guy who knows how to fry the buggers.

Real men don't call for help. Never give in, never surrender. :D

heavenlyboy34
08-13-2013, 11:47 PM
Real men don't call for help. Never give in, never surrender. :D
Calling for reinforcements isn't surrender. :cool: Real men call in the tanks when they're armed with rifles and the panzers are on the horizon.

oyarde
08-13-2013, 11:49 PM

I will never surrender . No Quarter.None asked for , none given. I wish they were big enough to scalp , The Mrs says I am to take no more , but I could get by with it :)

heavenlyboy34
08-13-2013, 11:55 PM
I will never surrender . No Quarter.None asked for , none given. I wish they were big enough to scalp , The Mrs says I am to take no more , but I could get by with it :)
Well, if you bury the scalps in an iron box, the Missus won't have to know. :D

green73
08-14-2013, 06:27 AM

Have you considered PSYOPS? Create factions among them, then turn the factions against each other. Divide and conquer, baby. Never fails.

shane77m
08-14-2013, 06:32 AM
Be careful. Bumble bees might start smuggling weapons in to the wasps.

Carsten2012b
08-14-2013, 06:51 AM
The wasps hate us for our freedom! The war on wasps will begin!

jkr
08-14-2013, 06:53 AM
you rang?

KEEF
08-14-2013, 07:53 AM

My suggestion for you is that you should go into the hive and find one of the subordinate female workers; and then give her a little PSYOPS and a heavy battering of the hydrocarbon 9-hentriacontene to alter her cuticular hydrocarbons (9-hentriacontene is found on the alpha female making her more 'fertile'). Now with your more fertile wasp and armed with the knowledge that in most colonizing insects, any sort of potential conflicts over who reproduces can be resolved through a dominance hierarchy, where a single alpha female dominates egg production in the colony, while lesser productive females become workers. Your new propped up dictator will be like puddy in your hand.

Now if that doesn't work (i.e. you keep getting stung while trying to hook the subbordinate female up with a better CHC profile) just keep sending in covert assassination operations of the queen until your PSYOP female wasp's turn is up as being the dominant female in the colony heirarchy. At which time the instinctual response for her is to begin to physiologically change her CHC profile to assume the alpha role.

Either way can work in your favor because now with this power, run for mayor of your town as a small government candidate. Once elected, have your hive do a mass strike on your local super market. The citizens will come to you looking for a solution, and so now is your opportunity to do a full 180 by installing ridiculous curfew laws to "keep the people safe" while at the same time begin making under the table deals with Monsanto for the latest and greatest insecticides. I am sure you could even get the town to pass a millage to purchase all of these insecticides because it will be needed to keep the town safe from the evil doer wasps.

But be sure to continue instilling the fear into your citizens by sending your hive out to run missions out within your town and then blame those attacks on people who do not agree with your policies as mayor by convincing the town that those insubordinate people are secretly breeding sleeper cell wasp hives to havoc on the town because they hate you all for your freedom.

heavenlyboy34
08-14-2013, 09:26 PM
you rang?
lol :D Nope, but I almost thought the OP did. :/