http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=58877

PREMEDITATED MERGER
Billionaire to Canada: Time for amero is now
Wants euro-style currency to avoid exchange problems
Posted: November 27, 2007
1:00 a.m. Eastern

By Jerome R. Corsi
© 2007 WorldNetDaily.com

Stephen Jarislowsky, a billionaire money manager and investor the Canadian newspaper Globe and Mail bills as the Canadian Warren Buffet, has told a parliamentary committee Canada and the United States both should abandon their national dollar currencies and move to a regional North American currency as soon as possible.

"I think we have to really seriously start thinking of the model of a continental currency just like Europe," Jarislowsky told the Canadian House of Commons' finance committee, according to the Globe and Mail in Toronto.

Jarislowsky's call for immediate action belied an article published in the Boston Globe on Sunday that said the call for the amero to become the new North American regional currency was "purely theoretical."

In an exclusive telephone interview with WND, Jarislowsky repeated his call for a European Union-style currency to be created between Canada and the United States.

"The idea would be a European Union-type set-up," Jarislowsky said, "with a North American Central Bank that would issue the new currency and sit over the Bank of Canada and the Federal Reserve Bank in the United States."

(Story continues below)

"An alternative would be to create a peg on the U.S. dollar which would allow the Bank of Canada to adjust the Canadian dollar in a 5 percent plus or minus range, based on the fluctuation in value of the U.S. dollar," he explained.

Still, Jarislowsky was less confident the U.S. dollar peg would work.

"The Bank of Canada only pinpoints inflation," he told WND. "My idea would be to have the Bank of Canada manage the Canadian dollar with a view both to inflation and the U.S. dollar. The Bank of Canada has never been very receptive to this idea."

Jarislowsky insisted Canada was going to be forced to do something because the increased value of the Canadian dollar vis-à-vis the U.S. dollar was likely to depress business activity in Canada and cause a recession.

"Two-thirds of the Canadian economy is tied to the U.S. economy," Jarislowsky pointed out. "Some 85 percent of our exports are headed for the U.S. market. Our economy is tied to the U.S. dollar, whether we like it or not."

In an interview published with the Globe and Mail, Jarislowsky emphasized the likely adverse impact on the Canadian economy triggered by the rise in the value of the Canadian dollar.

"We don't have a single mill in Canada which isn't losing cash at the current exchange rate despite the fact we invested hundreds of millions in dollars into new equipment when we had the money," Jarislowsky said.

"I believe that if we stay at the present levels, the entire forest products industry practically is going to be in liquidation-bankruptcy and there's going to be an enormous loss of employment," he continued.

Jarislowsky told the House of Commons finance committee that a regional North American currency would reduce the adverse currency exchange risk being experienced in Canada since the Canadian dollar has risen more than 20 percent against the U.S. dollar this year.

Jarislowsky brushed aside stated opposition from the Canadian Finance Department, including a negative recommendation to Finance Minister Jim Flaherty because of concerns a common North American currency would mean an erosion of sovereignty for Canada.

"I know Finance Minister Flaherty quite well," Jarislowsky told WND. "Sure, first he will have to deny he is taking seriously the idea of a new currency, then later he will come out and say he was forced to create one anyway."

Jarislowsky insisted he made very seriously the suggestion to create a euro-style currency for North America.

"Pretty soon, the Finance Ministry will have no choice but to create a new currency," Jarislowsky argued, "unless the Canadian dollar all of a sudden changes course and reverses against the U.S. dollar all on its own."

"In the provinces we are already seeing economic activity slowdown because of the rise in value of the Canadian dollar," he insisted. "If our automobile and lumber industries begin to decline, we will have a serious recession as a result."

"The Finance Ministry knows how closely our economy in Canada is tied to the U.S. market," he continued. "A common currency would avoid the problems we are now facing with currency exchange risk added to the normal risks of doing business."

Jarislowsky currently heads the Canadian investment firm Jarislowsky Fraser Limited, headquartered in Montreal.

According to Canadian Business, Jarislowsky has amassed a personal fortune of $1.2 billion, ranking him as the 25th richest person in Canada.

Canadian Business also claims the average private client at Jarislowsky Fraser typically has more than $10 million in liquid assets to invest.

Forbes put Jarislowsky's net worth at $1.5 billion, ranking him No. 512 in the list of the world's richest people in 2006.

Forbes estimates that Jarislowsky Fraser currently manages $50 billion for a select list of institutional clients and high-net-worth individuals.

Jarislowsky's 2005 book, "The Investment Zoo: Taming the Bulls and the Bears," was a business best-seller in Canada.

The Canadian dollar reached parity with the U.S. dollar at the end of September. Since then, the Canadian dollar has been trading above the U.S. dollar, at values not seen since the 1960s.

The Canadian dollar closed yesterday at $1.01 to the U.S. dollar on major currency exchanges.

Canada's Finance Department did not respond to WND requests for a comment.

DragonTattooz
11-28-2007, 12:23 AM
...then One World Currency...then One World Government...

Soveriegn nations? We don't need no stinking sovereign nations!

Scary stuff.

SevenEyedJeff
11-28-2007, 12:28 AM
Anytime someone thinks the Amero would be a good idea, ask them to to think about what would be different than what we have now? So it would be a few countries that would band behind this currency instead of just the US. All it does is give power to a new government bureaucracy that doesn't even hold allegience to the Constitution and Bill of Rights! You NEED GOLD in order to have HONEST currencies. Any government, big or small, can manipulate and rob the people of their money unless it is truly backed by gold. On that note, make sure you put at least one-third of your personal assets in gold if you want to protect yourself. Don't depend on the government to protect you.

RickSp
11-28-2007, 08:12 AM
LOL. The Amero (http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/amero.asp)again? More urban legends reported as truth. Paranoid conservatives are so gullible.

I see you quote WorldNetDaily which typically pitches the story in apocalyptic terms.

Canada should replace its dollar with a North American currency, or peg it to the U.S. greenback

If Canada replaced its currency with a common North American currency that currency would be the dollar. Or if Canada pegged its currency to the US it would achieve roughly the same result. The likelihood of either happening is almost exactly zero.

China, Malaysia, Hong Kong, and Panama peg their currencies directly to the dollar while Japan and Korea do effectively the same thing so by trading in foreign exchange markets.

The sky is not falling.

pcosmar
11-28-2007, 10:42 AM
The sky is not falling.

No, the Dollar is.
How about a report on CNN or CNBC,?
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=1c8_1192029457
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=7a5_1183673333

lucius
11-28-2007, 10:57 AM
LOL. The Amero (http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/amero.asp)again? More urban legends reported as truth. Paranoid conservatives are so gullible.

I see you quote WorldNetDaily which typically pitches the story in apocalyptic terms.

If Canada replaced its currency with a common North American currency that currency would be the dollar. Or if Canada pegged its currency to the US it would achieve roughly the same result. The likelihood of either happening is almost exactly zero.

China, Malaysia, Hong Kong, and Panama peg their currencies directly to the dollar while Japan and Korea do effectively the same thing so by trading in foreign exchange markets.

The sky is not falling.

Wake-up: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1578353688563579937&q=amero&total=545&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

:rolleyes:

jmdrake
11-28-2007, 11:13 AM

The sky is not falling.

You don't have to quote WorldNetDaily. You can quote Vicente Fox speaking on CNN's Larry King Live.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0710/08/lkl.01.html
KING: E-mail from Mrs. Gonzalez in Elizabeth, New Jersey. "Mr. Fox, I would like to know how you feel about the possibility of having a Latin America united with one currency?"

FOX: Long term, very long term. What we propose together, President Bush and myself, it's ALCA, which is a trade union for all of the Americas. And everything was running fluently until Hugo Chavez came. He decided to isolate himself. He decided to combat the idea and destroy the idea...

KING: It's going to be like the euro dollar, you mean?

FOX: Well, that would be long, long term. I think the processes to go, first step into is trading agreement. And then further on, a new vision, like we are trying to do with NAFTA.

Anyone who after reading that still thinks the NAU and the Amero are "urban legends" just has his head in the sand.

Regards,

John M. Drake

RickSp
11-28-2007, 02:18 PM
Fox refers to the "long, long term." I doubt that it would ever happen and it did the currency would be the dollar. The US economy is over twelve times larger than either the Canadian or the Mexican economies. If there ever was a common currency, the US would control it.

It is a mystery to my why the right wing tin foil hat brigade is so afraid of free trade, but that is their problem.

jmdrake
11-28-2007, 03:41 PM
Fox refers to the "long, long term." I doubt that it would ever happen and it did the currency would be the dollar. The US economy is over twelve times larger than either the Canadian or the Mexican economies. If there ever was a common currency, the US would control it.

You clearly haven't been paying attention to the news lately. The U.S. dollar is dropping against every major currency on earth including the Canadian dollar (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20890168/). As of September 2007 the "loonie" (the Canadian dollar) reached parity with the U.S. dollar. So people like you who haven't been keeping up are indeed "loony". The "long long term" is closer than you think. Besides the fact that Fox has openly admitted this means that it is NOT a "conspiracy theory". It's conspiracy FACT!

It is a mystery to my why the right wing tin foil hat brigade is so afraid of free trade, but that is their problem.

Erasing our national borders and instead having a "security perimeter (http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2005/03/14/tri-national-report050314.html)" is NOT free trade.

Giving Mexico an "inland port (http://www.news.ku.edu/2007/august/22/smartport.shtml)" in Kansas is NOT free trade.

The Trans Texas (http://www.texastollparty.com/ttp_trans_texas.php) corridor is NOT free trade.

But people in extreme denial such as yourself attach "free trade" to every stupid America destroying idea that comes along.

What is a "mystery" is how you can be so dumbed down that you can't even admit what's right in front of your face! Vicente Fox openly states they are attempting a North American Union and the end of the U.S. currency. We see the dollar dropping like a lawyer at a Dick Cheney hunting trip. And you are pacified just because Fox used the term "long long time"? Why can't you just admit you were wrong? Hey, let's just assume that they aren't trying to do this for the next couple of decades. Does it make sense to "go along with the program" in the meantime or cut it off at the pass?

Regards,

John M. Drake

pcosmar
11-28-2007, 04:33 PM
RickSp= Globalist.
Thank you for your input.
NO thank you, to your Globalist Agenda.

johngr
11-28-2007, 05:49 PM
They've had this shit planned for a long time now: http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cache:cpfSEVs9jrgJ:www.singleglobalcurren cy.org/documents/ArticleEconomist1988GetReadyforthePhoenix_001.doc+ www.singleglobalcurrency.org/documents/ArticleEconomist1988GetReadyforthePhoenix_001.doc&hl=sv&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=se&client=firefox-a

I've read that they want the American currency union in place by 2010.

kill the banks
11-28-2007, 05:56 PM
They've had this shit planned for a long time now: http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cache:cpfSEVs9jrgJ:www.singleglobalcurren cy.org/documents/ArticleEconomist1988GetReadyforthePhoenix_001.doc+ www.singleglobalcurrency.org/documents/ArticleEconomist1988GetReadyforthePhoenix_001.doc&hl=sv&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=se&client=firefox-a

I've read that they want the American currency union in place by 2010.

amen ... thx for the post in the globle & mail too ... i read it today ps : i cancelled my subscription because of another reporter supporting globalization by the crime bosses a while ago and let them know why !

kill the banks

mordechai
12-02-2007, 03:43 PM
Gotta make that happen as part of the final steps.

1913_to_2008
12-02-2007, 04:50 PM
It surprises me that people on this site still believe that Trade agreements are actually for Trade. Also make comments like tin foil hat wearing..etc..

Ron Paul speaks about the North American Union, The Amero, and the NAFTA Super HWYand other so- called conspiracies.

I understand that it takes thousands of hours of research to find the truth but, by insulting people calling, them tinfoil hat wearers actually makes you look silly and un informed.

It's OK that you haven't found the truth yet and I'm glad everyone supports the Doctor but, please do some reearch before insulting people. Try typing this in to u tube it's amazing!!!

BUILDING 7

EonBlue
12-02-2007, 05:33 PM
They are already making them? Wow!

http://jimbonews.blogspot.com/

EonBlue
12-02-2007, 06:36 PM
Oh maybe not: http://www.dc-coin.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=8

icon57
12-03-2007, 04:58 PM
The Amero(or similar) will arise out of an economic crisis. The more people learn about this and the NAU before hand the better. People can be educated and aware of what our leaders will propose as a solution and we can reject it outright when and if it should arise. I would suggest buying books like The Late Great USA and Creature From Jeckyll Island and giving them as gifts for Christmas to everyone you know who has an interest in politics and economics.

xao
12-03-2007, 07:02 PM
RickSp= Globalist.
Thank you for your input.
NO thank you, to your Globalist Agenda.

Why are globalist douche's allowed to post here but we can't post at freakrepublic or hannity forums?

xao
12-03-2007, 07:04 PM
It surprises me that people on this site still believe that Trade agreements are actually for Trade. Also make comments like tin foil hat wearing..etc..

Ron Paul speaks about the North American Union, The Amero, and the NAFTA Super HWYand other so- called conspiracies.

I understand that it takes thousands of hours of research to find the truth but, by insulting people calling, them tinfoil hat wearers actually makes you look silly and un informed.

It's OK that you haven't found the truth yet and I'm glad everyone supports the Doctor but, please do some reearch before insulting people. Try typing this in to u tube it's amazing!!!

BUILDING 7

Lou dobbs talks about globalism, the amero, nafta, cafta, open borders, and the Nau every day, yet people with a nasty agenda don't want to pay attention to things that are going on.

Dobbs is the highest rated show for his time slot.

Hardrock
01-17-2008, 04:34 AM

RickSp,

I think if you would do a little more research, you would understand
two critical things that might not be obvious at first......

1.) The US does NOT control it's currency. Other hidden interests do.
2.) Hidden interests want total global domination over mankind.

You are correct in stating that the US economy is huge, and probably
know that several other national economies depend upon the Dollar
also.
Can you begin to see how switching to the Amero would create just one
currency where three existed before? That's JUST in North America.
How many other nations that hold Dollars in reserve would be IMMEDIATELY
undermined?
I don't know if you understand "leverage" or how that applies to speculative
currencies trading, but you might want to Google George Soros........

A switch to the Amero would be the "front door" to the complete and
total collapse of every other currency, save for the Euro.
Now we're down to two currencies.......................
Any guess what happens next?

C4talyst
01-24-2008, 03:05 AM
...then One World Currency...then One World Government...

Soveriegn nations? We don't need no stinking sovereign nations!

Scary stuff.

What do you think the reasons are behind powerful people wanting to form a one world government? It can't be money...these people can already afford all the material possessions in the world. At first glance this concept and the apparent route being taken to achieve it do look sinister...but what if they're not?