PDA

View Full Version : Ben Swann: Glenn Beck Calling For A U.S. War In Syria And Another War In Iraq?

ZakCarter
08-13-2013, 12:07 PM
"If you regularly follow my work, you know that I have written and talked about Al Qaeda in Syria for about 2 years now. I was the first reporter to confront President Obama to his face about the fact that al Qaeda fighters in Syria were the real force behind the so called Syrian “civil war”.

As recently as one month ago, I created a Full Disclosure episode to explain how strong the presence of al Qaeda truly is in Syria. Explaining that the best funded, best equipped and best positioned force to take over the country from the Assad regime is not the Free Syria Army but Al Nusra Front, the Syrian wing of al Qaeda in Iraq.

Today, on Glenn Beck’s national radio show, Beck and Blaze TV commentator Buck Sexton talked about this growing problem of Al Qaeda in Syria and the growth of Al Qaeda in Iraq. The position that Beck and Sexton took… that Al Qaeda must be stopped. Sexton advocated sending U.S troops to Syria to stop Al Qaeda (as if the Assad regime would want U.S troops on Syrian soil) and that we must do the same to put down Al Qaeda in Iraq. Beck, agreed that we must stop al Qaeda but first we have to get our troops recuperated and refreshed."

Read the rest of the article at - http://benswann.com/glenn-beck-calling-for-a-u-s-war-in-syria-and-another-war-in-iraq/

Glenn Beck's been trying to tell us he's a libertarian now? This might make that an even harder sell, Mr. Beck.

Brett85
08-13-2013, 12:09 PM
Beck is just all over the place on the issues. He'll say one thing one day and say something completely different the next day.

ZENemy
08-13-2013, 12:10 PM
I TOLD YOU GUYS HE IS COMING AROUND! SHEEEEEEEEESH!!

Sorry, Ive used that line before but beck makes it so easy.

Lead through the clarity of your example Beck or SIT DOWN!

AuH20
08-13-2013, 12:13 PM
I watched the entire segment last night. Beck said our troops need to be pulled out immediately from the Middle East and sent home, so as to prepare for a DEFENSIVE homeland oriented halo against Al Qaeda. Sexton was more proactive worrying about incubation areas in both Syria and Iraq. Swann's title is surprisingly misleading.

Carlybee
08-13-2013, 12:15 PM
Someone needs to send Glenn the memo about al-CIA-duh

AuH20
08-13-2013, 12:18 PM
Someone needs to send Glenn the memo about al-CIA-duh

But Al Qaeda is still going to operate regardless of that invisible hand. The Al Qaeda rank and file don't know they are pawns. They think they are still exercising a Jihad. It's a rigged threat that is still nevetheless a threat.

FrankRep
08-13-2013, 12:20 PM
I watched the entire segment last night. Beck said our troops need to be pulled out immediately from the Middle East and sent home, so as to prepare for a DEFENSIVE homeland oriented halo against Al Qaeda. Sexton was more proactive worrying about incubation areas in both Syria and Iraq. Swann's title is surprisingly misleading.

Thanks for reporting. I have a feeling your statement will be ignored though.

AuH20
08-13-2013, 12:34 PM

Look, there are legitimate reasons to attack Beck when he says something dumb ( e.g. his feud with Ron Paul after the Chris Kyle death) , but nowadays people are altering or twisting what he said. Logic is not being applied. It's gangpiling or sophistry as Gunny likes to call it.

Carlybee
08-13-2013, 12:37 PM
But Al Qaeda is still going to operate regardless of that invisible hand. The Al Qaeda rank and file don't know they are pawns. They think they are still exercising a Jihad. It's a rigged threat that is still nevetheless a threat.

We don't really know what they know or think other than what propagandists tell us. We don't even know when something is a legitimate threat or if it's just a white flag or a black op.

AuH20
08-13-2013, 12:41 PM
We don't really know what they know or think.

But if they knew they were working for the CIA, wouldn't that dim their enthusiasm abit? Grunts and low-level insurgents are given operational info on a need-to-know-basis.

Carlybee
08-13-2013, 01:35 PM
But if they knew they were working for the CIA, wouldn't that dim their enthusiasm abit? Grunts and low-level insurgents are given operational info on a need-to-know-basis.

All I know is it is a well known fact they have been funded by the CIA over the years therefore I dont buy into this war on terror bullshit especially when we are the ones dronebombing the world. Has your neighborhood been droned? I'm more worried about the terror within so Beck can buzz off. Once a wartard always a wartard.

LibertyEagle
08-13-2013, 01:47 PM

If that's true, and I don't doubt you, I wonder what is up with Ben? Why is he being misleading?

AuH20
08-13-2013, 01:48 PM
All I know is it is a well known fact they have been funded by the CIA over the years therefore I dont buy into this war on terror bullshit especially when we are the ones dronebombing the world. Has your neighborhood been droned? I'm more worried about the terror within so Beck can buzz off. Once a wartard always a wartard.

You don't have to believe the War on Terror, but you must be prepared to confront if it comes to your door. If you have to eliminate CIA supplied and directed cells, you obviously have to do so, until you get a congressional investigation (don't hold your breath).

AuH20
08-13-2013, 01:51 PM
If that's true, and I don't doubt you, I wonder what is up with Ben? Why is he being misleading?

I theorize Ben was probably a little overzealous, when he heard Sexton talking so strongly about engagement. Make no mistake about, Sexton is seriously concerned, based on his extensive knowledge of the region and he kind of flew off the handle surprisingly, calling for destruction of these two main Al Qaeda organizations. Beck was far more restrained, advocating for a pullback (wait & see approach) home.

Carlybee
08-13-2013, 01:56 PM
You don't have to believe the War on Terror, but you must be prepared to confront if it comes to your door. If you have to eliminate CIA supplied and directed cells, you obviously have to do so, until you get a congressional investigation (don't hold your breath).

And being prepared to confront it is dronebombing the world? Why am I even talking to you..you sound like a neocon.

AuH20
08-13-2013, 02:00 PM
And being prepared to confront it is dronebombing the world? Why am I even talking to you..you sound like a neocon.

No, why would I violate the sovereignty of other country's borders? And why do you love that N word so much..:)

BTW would you let CIA affiliated cells wreak havoc in the U.S. mainland even if you knew the WoT was hoax? You wouldn't lift a finger domestically?

ClydeCoulter
08-13-2013, 02:03 PM
No, why would I violate the sovereignty of other country's borders? And why do you love that N word so much..:)

BTW would you let CIA affiliated cells wreak havoc in the U.S. mainland even if you knew the WoT was hoax? You wouldn't lift a finger domestically?

Okay, you guys have got to get under the same bubble (Maxwell Smart) otherwise the communications will get twisted.

cajuncocoa
08-13-2013, 02:06 PM
I TOLD YOU GUYS HE IS COMING AROUND! SHEEEEEEEEESH!!

Damn, you beat me to it! :D

COpatriot
08-13-2013, 02:07 PM
Beck is just all over the place on the issues. He'll say one thing one day and say something completely different the next day.

Exhibit A of what extensive coke and alcohol abuse will do to you.

Carlybee
08-13-2013, 02:11 PM

I am prepared to defend myself...last I heard we have a powerful military capable of defending the homeland. The WoT is a fabrication....if there are cells here its because our leaders opened the door and said "Come on in". Does not justify what has been done to our rights and our constitution in the name of security.

pcosmar
08-13-2013, 02:16 PM

Hell,, I'll bet most of them don't even know that they are al Qaeda..
They think they are just opposing corruption and invasion. Or protecting their neighborhoods.

AuH20
08-13-2013, 02:18 PM
Hell,, I'll bet most of them don't even know that they are al Qaeda..They think they are just opposing corruption and invasion. Or protecting their neighborhoods.

quite possibly.

AuH20
08-13-2013, 02:19 PM
I am prepared to defend myself...last I heard we have a powerful military capable of defending the homeland. The WoT is a fabrication....if there are cells here its because our leaders opened the door and said "Come on in". Does not justify what has been done to our rights and our constitution in the name of security.

Agreed. Read what Ted Koppel recently stated.

paulbot24
08-13-2013, 03:02 PM
Note: At least the public is becoming more aware of our alliance with al-Queda in Syria because it is actually being discussed in the media, even if it is through Glenn. It not for that, even factoring in the public statements made by al-Nusra, I'm sure most people would continue to say it is just conspiracy theory hogwash. Yes my American sleepers, we are fighting on the same side as AL-Queda in Syria. Yes we are giving them money and guns. Who Assad is and what he stands for is irrelevant when you consider this fact. There is no way to justify pairing up with AL-Queda. Period.

ZENemy
08-13-2013, 03:14 PM
Note: At least the public is becoming more aware of our alliance with al-Queda in Syria because it is actually being discussed in the media, even if it is through Glenn. It not for that, even factoring in the public statements made by al-Nusra, I'm sure most people would continue to say it is just conspiracy theory hogwash. Yes my American sleepers, we are fighting on the same side as AL-Queda in Syria. Yes we are giving them money and guns. Who Assad is and what he stands for is irrelevant when you consider this fact. There is no way to justify pairing up with AL-Queda. Period.

I agree but.........

This is how they do it, DISINFO they give a bit of truth and then derail the shit out of it. Their next goals are to use their implanted personalities through the media to test the waters and high jack the "liberty" movement and slowly but surely change it like they did to EVERY SINGLE movement humanity has every had.

Co-Opting, its a damn old tactic but it sure works well. LIBERAL used to mean FREEDOM but it doesn't anymore does it? in a few years the media will say they are libertarians but in that time libertarians will be pro war, pro death and pro government.

enhanced_deficit
08-13-2013, 03:25 PM
Beck is trying to pretend, like Hagee of CUFI, that he is a "friend" of Israel but many Jewish people in America don't see Christian Zionists like these as real friends of Israel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-05YVW1NsOk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-05YVW1NsOk

twomp
08-13-2013, 03:26 PM
Hell,, I'll bet most of them don't even know that they are al Qaeda..
They think they are just opposing corruption and invasion. Or protecting their neighborhoods.

With the exception that most of them AREN'T EVEN FROM SYRIA. So who's neighborhood are they protecting?

ZakCarter
08-13-2013, 06:43 PM

Ben has a record of pulling stories and issuing follow up corrections - I've run this one by him.

AuH20
08-26-2013, 04:53 PM
Like I said before, I have no idea what show Ben Swann was watching when he composed that blog entry:

http://www.glennbeck.com/2013/08/26/glenn-on-syria-it-doesnt-make-any-sense/?utm_source=Daily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2013-08-26_249441&utm_content=4995193&utm_term=_249441_249448

It was just about a year ago that President Obama declared the movement or use of chemical weapons in Syria would be “red line” that could lead to U.S. military action. It is now reported that Syrian President Bashar Assad used chemical weapons against the Syrian rebels, resulting in the death of about 100 civilians.

“For Assad to use a chemical weapon on 100 people. Does it make sense to anybody? How could that possibly be? Why would he do that? The United States says, ‘We have a line in the sand.’ And it is him using chemical weapons,” Glenn explained. “Well, he wants to survive. Remember that. He wants to survive.”

One of the complicating factors in Syria is the alliance between the Syrian regime and Russia and Iran. Glenn believes that while Iran would be open to going to war immediately, Russia is wiser.

“But unless you believe Russia wants war, it makes no sense. I don’t think the Russians want war. Unless the Russians look at this as a war game; unless the Russians believe now we are at our weakest, and I don’t think we’re at our weakest,” Glenn said. “I think we’re damn close to it but I think we can be a little weaker. Give us another year we’ll be weaker. So, why rush into something? So the Russians would say, immediately, to Assad, ‘Don’t do anything with chemical weapons. Don’t.’ The Russians would not be for it. The Iranians may be. Maybe.”

Furthermore, it is important to remember that Assad is a dictator, and the primary goal of any dictator is to remain in power. Using chemical weapons against the Syrian people would jeopardize that power in a way no other action would, given the past remarks of President Obama and other allied forces.

“Assad is a survivor. Look, he’s a dictator. He’s a bad guy. But most bad guys have some sort of survival instinct, unless he’s gone crazy,” Glenn said. “Most of them just want to be left alone. They like their power. [Assad] just likes his power and he just wants to be left alone. So there’s no reason to gas. After you killed 100,000, why would you gas 100?”

“And as soon as the U.N. weapons’ inspectors came, what happens? Snipers from the rebels are taking out and pinning the U.N. trucks down – wouldn’t let the U.N. trucks go to the site,” he continued. “If they are the ones that are going to prove that chemical weapons were used, why wouldn’t you want the U.N. there? You would look at the U.N. as your savior.”

enhanced_deficit
08-26-2013, 04:57 PM
I don't have his email addy, can someone send these shocking blowback stats to beck or his producers/pupms?

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?424803-Iraq-Afghanistan-wars-disabled-624-000-US-troops-Divorces-up-42-Foreclosures-up-217&p=5183091&viewfull=1#post5183091

AuH20
08-26-2013, 04:59 PM
Meanwhile Hannity is in overdrive, pushing for war. He is a complete wackjob.

RickyJ
08-26-2013, 05:14 PM

Hannity will do anything for dollars, anything. BTW, thanks for letting us know that Ben is misleading people here. I and many others here never watch Beck and wouldn't have known that Ben was doing this if you hadn't of told us.

pcosmar
08-26-2013, 05:47 PM

Stop supplying them and provoking them and they will fade away.

We have been actively involved in Syria,, the "Al Nusra Front" are our troops.

GunnyFreedom
08-26-2013, 06:12 PM
Look, there are legitimate reasons to attack Beck when he says something dumb ( e.g. his feud with Ron Paul after the Chris Kyle death) , but nowadays people are altering or twisting what he said. Logic is not being applied. It's gangpiling or sophistry as Gunny likes to call it.

Not commenting on the actual merits right now, but I am pretty sure that sophistry and gangpiling(?) are completely different things. I am assuming that gangpiling is a term for when a pile of jackals all jump on a wounded gazelle all at the same time yes? Yeah, that's not what sophistry is at all.

Sophistry is a deliberately fallacious argument that is made to sound correct even when the logic is broken. It is an actual skilled and intentional deception and it saturates politics today. "Ron Paul is an isolationist because he wants to withdraw [the military] from the rest of the world." is a sophistic argument. It sounds plausible on the surface, and it is difficult to unscrew how the logic is broken because the fallacy is a deliberate construction intended to deceive. On examination, we insert [the military] into the statement and the fallacy of composition becomes clear. Withdrawing the military does not imply withdrawing ambassadors, trade, and State missions.

soph·ist·ry [sof-uh-stree] noun, plural soph·ist·ries.
1.a subtle, tricky, superficially plausible, but generally fallacious method of reasoning.

2.a false argument; sophism.

Origin:
1300–50; Middle English sophistrie < Middle French, equivalent to sophistre sophister

Related forms an·ti·soph·ist·ry, noun

Dictionary.com Unabridged
Based on the Random House Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2013.

So, not even touching the actual thread subject, I just wanted to make the point that a bunch of people piling on (gangpiling?) has pretty much nothing whatsoever to do with sophistry.

cajuncocoa
08-26-2013, 06:26 PM

He's coming around.

AuH20
08-27-2013, 06:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfHSPLW63Gg#t=34

seyferjm
08-27-2013, 07:01 PM
I'll give Beck some credit, it does sound like he is firmly against any intervention in Syria.

jmdrake
08-28-2013, 07:28 AM
"If you regularly follow my work, you know that I have written and talked about Al Qaeda in Syria for about 2 years now. I was the first reporter to confront President Obama to his face about the fact that al Qaeda fighters in Syria were the real force behind the so called Syrian “civil war”.

As recently as one month ago, I created a Full Disclosure episode to explain how strong the presence of al Qaeda truly is in Syria. Explaining that the best funded, best equipped and best positioned force to take over the country from the Assad regime is not the Free Syria Army but Al Nusra Front, the Syrian wing of al Qaeda in Iraq.

Today, on Glenn Beck’s national radio show, Beck and Blaze TV commentator Buck Sexton talked about this growing problem of Al Qaeda in Syria and the growth of Al Qaeda in Iraq. The position that Beck and Sexton took… that Al Qaeda must be stopped. Sexton advocated sending U.S troops to Syria to stop Al Qaeda (as if the Assad regime would want U.S troops on Syrian soil) and that we must do the same to put down Al Qaeda in Iraq. Beck, agreed that we must stop al Qaeda but first we have to get our troops recuperated and refreshed."

Read the rest of the article at - http://benswann.com/glenn-beck-calling-for-a-u-s-war-in-syria-and-another-war-in-iraq/

Glenn Beck's been trying to tell us he's a libertarian now? This might make that an even harder sell, Mr. Beck.

And ^that is why we need to promote the hell out of people like Ben Swann. I'm disappointed in myself for being to broke to have helped his kickstart campaign, but I fully intend to make up for that over the course of the next year.

jmdrake
08-28-2013, 07:40 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfHSPLW63Gg#t=34

Thanks for the video. Facebooked and tweeted it. Beck is not trustworthy, but at times he is useful.

brushfire
08-28-2013, 08:01 AM
Beck is always selling something...

http://jeanporter.cmswiki.wikispaces.net/file/view/jack_and_the_beanstalk,_magic_beans,_cow,_old_man_ %28gillian_Roberts%29.jpg/300510678/408x463/jack_and_the_beanstalk,_magic_beans,_cow,_old_man_ %28gillian_Roberts%29.jpg

VoluntaryAmerican
08-28-2013, 08:12 AM
That Buck Sexton is a shill, former (CIA) I think. Plenty of videos of him making an ass of himself.

Cleaner44
08-28-2013, 08:30 AM
Thanks for the video. Facebooked and tweeted it. Beck is not trustworthy, but at times he is useful.

+rep
This is 100% accurate. Beck is not trustworthy, but at times he is useful.