PDA

View Full Version : Cop Who Killed Child While Shooting at Snake Has His Record Expunged

SeanTX
08-13-2013, 10:55 AM
The Just Us system does it again ... this idiot is likely now free to be a cop again (if he isn't still one already).

http://kfor.com/2013/08/12/officers-record-cleared-after-deadly-shooting/

Officer’s record cleared after shooting death of 5-year-old

Posted on: 5:40 pm, August 12, 2013, by Lance West, updated on: 06:33pm, August 12, 2013

NOBLE, Okla. — Not a single day passes that Jack Haley doesn’t think of his little boy. There are pictures on every wall and a glass case with all his favorite toys.

Six years ago, 5-year old Austin was accidentally shot and killed while fishing with his grandfather at a family pond. Grandfather, Jack Tracy said, “The 2nd bullet hit him in the back of the head and came out here in his forehead. It was horrible. Blood and brains everywhere.”

It was August 3rd, 2007. Two Noble police officers were called to a home on a report of a large snake, dangling from a birdhouse.

Paul Bradley Rogers fired two shots from his 357. The bullets missed the rat snake, but one struck Austin, who was in the woods directly behind the home.

Austin’s dad, Jack said, “I hate to dredge this up again. But here we are six years later, and we’re finding out the shooter, Brad Rogers, his records have been expunged.”

Both officers pleaded “no contest” to second degree involuntary manslaughter. And it’s true. Officer Roger’s record has been cleared, but it was legal under Title 22 Section 991 C.

The Cleveland County DA, Greg Mashburn told us, “providing all requirements were met on the deferred sentence, the case could be updated to say “pled not guilty, case dismissed.”

The family believes the law is outrageous according to Jack Tracy.

“He was shot and killed by the reckless act of another person and they want to sweep the whole thing under the carpet and forget it?” Tracy says.

They say there is no forgetting Austin or the the deadly accident, even if the officers and the court see it differently.

Brian4Liberty
08-13-2013, 11:04 AM
Well, it was obviously an accident.

Shooting like that is in violation of all gun safety training, and no doubt Police training. What is the appropriate punishment? Obviously, it should be the same as the punishment would be for a mundane, plus the additional job related punishment.

tod evans
08-13-2013, 11:05 AM
"Just-Us" at its finest....

http://www.twowheelforum.com/images/smilies/hang.gif Get a rope! :mad:

[edit]

Reiterating the need for localized courts of justice separate and free from the "Just-Us" department.

phill4paul
08-13-2013, 11:07 AM
Well, it was obviously an accident.

Shooting like that is in violation of all gun safety training, and no doubt Police training. What is the appropriate punishment? Obviously, it should be the same as the punishment would be for a mundane, plus the additional job related punishment.

I've seen very little of that. In fact, I don't think it exists.

SeanTX
08-13-2013, 11:10 AM
I've seen very little of that. In fact, I don't think it exists.

Of course job-related punishment for LEOs exists -- it's called paid administrative leave !

EBounding
08-13-2013, 11:17 AM
Of course job-related punishment for LEOs exists -- it's called paid administrative leave !

Exactly! Not being able to serve and protect the public has to be hard on them.

aGameOfThrones
08-13-2013, 02:14 PM
If the father went all Law Abiding Citizen on those child killers, well......

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcgld2KHVX1rr6dugo1_500.gif

TonySutton
08-13-2013, 02:29 PM
Why in the world would you try to kill a rat snake? Something as simple as knowing it is a beneficial snake and taking it to the woods would mean this poor child would still be fishing with his grandpa :(

alucard13mm
08-13-2013, 02:35 PM
Could very well happen if police was shooting a dog and miss and hitting a little kid.

phill4paul
08-13-2013, 02:39 PM
Why in the world would you try to kill a rat snake? Something as simple as knowing it is a beneficial snake and taking it to the woods would mean this poor child would still be fishing with his grandpa :(

I agree. However, to a cop, the question would be "why in the world would I miss an opportunity to pew, pew, pew?"

aGameOfThrones
08-13-2013, 02:41 PM
Harry: Ken, if I had killed a little kid, accidentally or otherwise, I wouldn't have thought twice. I'd killed myself on the fucking spot. On the fucking spot. I would've stuck the gun in me mouth. On the fucking spot!

http://static.rogerebert.com/redactor_assets/pictures/far-flung-correspondents/somewhere-between-heaven-and-hell/in-bruges-ralph-shoots-himself.jpg

jkr
08-13-2013, 02:48 PM
JUST MAKE SURE YOU PAY YOUR TAXES SO THIS SCUM CAN RETIRE IN STYLE!

satchelmcqueen
08-13-2013, 03:09 PM
a very good friends of mine used to be a cop. he quit after 4 months. he said corruption and abuse was rampant. he said they are first off either liars to begin with or they are taught how to lie in training. they are taught how to beat a lie detector test. there is a brotherhood type mentality when something like this happens. they all lie and play judges favors to get off the hook for something you and i would burn for.

Lucille
08-13-2013, 03:11 PM

Exactly what I was thinking. People's hatred for snakes is truly irrational. What happened to animal control again?

puppetmaster
08-13-2013, 03:24 PM
I dont think that cop would have been alive to get his record cleared if it had been my child....just saying he most likley would have commited suicide....

SeanTX
08-13-2013, 03:34 PM
Harry: Ken, if I had killed a little kid, accidentally or otherwise, I wouldn't have thought twice. I'd killed myself on the fucking spot. On the fucking spot. I would've stuck the gun in me mouth. On the fucking spot!

There used to be a time when men would do just that after such a monumental screw up. Or they would at least resign in disgrace and find a different line of work. Or do a Buddy Dwyer -- maintaining that they did nothing wrong, but still pulling the trigger.

Now incompetent/criminal cops will fight to keep their jobs, and feel no shame whatsoever in being a failure. They have no honor, it's just an "oopsie" to them . The same with scumbag politicians, CEOs, etc. A CEO will run one company into the ground , then turn around and get hired on to be the CEO of another. Or a politician like Weiner will resign in disgrace, then turn around and run for office again. It's not just the cops, the whole society is a mess.

phill4paul
08-13-2013, 04:42 PM
I dont think that cop would have been alive to get his record cleared if it had been my child....just saying he most likley would have commited suicide....

Most likely. Yep.

presence
08-13-2013, 05:07 PM
http://www.austinhaley.com/gallery/sears_photo_blue_shirt.jpg
http://www.austinhaley.com/index.php

Times we spent laughing and playing will always be remembered.

TruckinMike
08-13-2013, 05:17 PM

Exactly! My wife and I catch them all the time. We put them in a 5 gallon bucket and take them down the road a piece before letting them go.

I caught this one a few weeks ago...
http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5476/9506591140_e982f4494d_n.jpgI got the egg back too...The little thief!:)

dillo
08-13-2013, 05:46 PM
bannana republic

AFPVet
08-13-2013, 06:26 PM
Cops are supposed to get more time for crimes/negligence because they violated the publics' trust... at least, that's what we were told at the academy.

Carson
08-13-2013, 06:58 PM
It sounds like one of the worst nightmares of shooting.

Finding out your background wasn't safe. Lucking out and only suffering the felling of your stomach dropping is bad enough.

To have this happen could be a never ending. Expunging of his record is the least we can do, as he was acting in the line of duty.

Maybe we can all learn a little from this story. Hopefully take the time to stop and think.

Cissy
08-13-2013, 10:22 PM
Expunging of his record is the least we can do, as he was acting in the line of duty.

Maybe we can all learn a little from this story. Hopefully take the time to stop and think.

You seem more concerned about doing "the least we can do" for a government employee, rather than the poor boy's grieving parents and extended family.

Would a non-government employee have his record expunged after shooting a five year old child? I think not.

presence
08-14-2013, 06:18 AM
Cops are supposed to get more time for crimes/negligence because they violated the publics' trust... at least, that's what we were told at the academy.

LOL

tod evans
08-14-2013, 06:25 AM

Lies and misinformation are never disseminated to the troops...:rolleyes:

donnay
08-14-2013, 07:29 AM
http://www.austinhaley.com/gallery/sears_photo_blue_shirt.jpg
http://www.austinhaley.com/index.php

How about gun control for this standing army! Better yet, how about disbanding the police all together!

Damn this story makes my blood boil!

The Bavarian
08-14-2013, 07:59 AM
How can you live with yourself after killing an innocent child?