PDA

View Full Version : RussiaToday: Adios America, Renouncing citizenship hits record numbers

qh4dotcom
08-12-2013, 07:20 PM
Is anyone surprised?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWuGNBoSkf0

LibertyEagle
08-12-2013, 07:25 PM
The numbers are still extremely low. Of course, the Russkies have no agenda here, or anything. :rolleyes:

angelatc
08-12-2013, 07:46 PM
I have not heard Ruskies for a long time! I wonder if Snowden can restart the Cold War...

heavenlyboy34
08-12-2013, 07:50 PM
Русские люди, not "Rooskis". Русский ("Russki") is an adjective singluar, not a noun. (or to describe specific Russian citizens, Россиянин for male/Россиянка for female)

Christian Liberty
08-12-2013, 07:51 PM
The numbers are still extremely low. Of course, the Russkies have no agenda here, or anything. :rolleyes:

I'm not arguing with you here, but I also find it telling that the US media makes no mention of this. They may have an agenda too...

JK/SEA
08-12-2013, 07:56 PM
i don't believe it because i haven't heard Wolf Blitzer tell me yet.

GregSarnowski
In 2008 they added an exit tax that has gotten even steeper in recent years.

I don't blame anyone for giving up their U.S. citizenship, especially someone who works and lives full time overseas yet is still subject to stateside income taxes. The U.S. is the only developed country that does that.

A U.S. citizenship isn't what it used to be. A lot of Chinese are already heading back home for instance, within a single generation of their parents arriving here.

angelatc
Русские люди, not "Rooskis". Русский ("Russki") is an adjective singluar, not a noun. (or to describe specific Russian citizens, Россиянин for male/Россиянка for female)

So there is no plural

my quuuuuuuuuuuuueston mark is broke. and my u is giving me fits too

heavenlyboy34
08-12-2013, 08:05 PM
So there is no plural

my quuuuuuuuuuuuueston mark is broke. and my u is giving me fits too
No, Русские люди is plural. (Literally "Russian people") Россиянини/Россиянки are the nominative plural of specific genders(male/female respectively). There are also diminutives, but I don't want to befuddle you with details. :o

Zippyjuan
08-12-2013, 08:36 PM
I'm not arguing with you here, but I also find it telling that the US media makes no mention of this. They may have an agenda too...
It has been in MSM. http://money.msn.com/now/post--more-americans-are-renouncing-their-citizenship

The number of Americans who have given up their citizenship soared sixfold in the second quarter as the government prepares to adopt more stringent disclosures for overseas assets, according to Bloomberg News.

Overall, the number is tiny -- just 1,131 in the three months through June versus 189 in the year-earlier period -- but it highlights the unease many expatriates are feeling about the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA), which requires them to disclose foreign assets in excess of $50,000 to the IRS. Financial institutions abroad must now provide the IRS with information about accounts held by U.S. taxpayers and foreign entities in which U.S. taxpayers hold a substantial ownership interest.

That is out of six million US Citizens living abroad- you must be already outside the country before you can give up your US Citizenship. If you don't already have citizenship with another country, you may become stateless. And since you must surrender your passport, you will be unable to go anyplace else without getting documents from another country.

And on people moving the other direction,
http://www.cnbc.com/id/47599766

Meanwhile, Chinese millionaires and billionaires are flocking to the United States in record numbers. More than two thousand Chinese citizens sought to immigrate to the United States in 2011 through the so-called “investor visa.” That’s more than twice the number in 2010. The program allows foreigners and their families to receive permanent U.S. residency for an investment of $500,000 or more (or in some cases $1 million or more) that also creates a minimum number of jobs.

And: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=b62aef6b56c1b210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCR D

Naturalization Statistics
Each year, USCIS welcomes approximately 680,000 citizens during naturalization ceremonies across the United States and around the world

fearthereaperx
08-12-2013, 08:52 PM
Meanwhile, Chinese millionaires and billionaires are flocking to the United States in record numbers. More than two thousand Chinese citizens sought to immigrate to the United States in 2011 through the so-called “investor visa.” That’s more than twice the number in 2010. The program allows foreigners and their families to receive permanent U.S. residency for an investment of $500,000 or more (or in some cases $1 million or more) that also creates a minimum number of jobs.

Yeah, and they're investing in FBI facilities and wind farm locations near Top US Navy bases. What a wonderful trade off!

http://news.yahoo.com/apnewsbreak-homeland-security-official-probed-175520505.html

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama's choice to be the No. 2 official at the Homeland Security Department is under investigation for his role in helping a company run by a brother of former Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton, The Associated Press has learned.

Alejandro Mayorkas, director of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, is being investigated for his role in helping the company secure an international investor visa for a Chinese executive, according to congressional officials briefed on the investigation. The officials spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to release details of the investigation.

The FBI in Washington has been concerned about the investor visa program and the projects funded by foreign sources since at least March, according to emails obtained by The AP.

The bureau wanted details of all of the limited liability companies that had invested in the EB-5 visa program. Of particular concern, the FBI official wrote, was Chinese investment in projects, including the building of an FBI facility.